Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ One Night ❯ Death ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

One Night
 
Chapter Eight -Death
“Kaa-chan, is what Karasu said true?” Hiei averted her daughters piercing gaze. “Is it?!”
“Hai! It's all true, every last word!”
Rose Whip!” Kurama deflected a bomb headed straight for Tetra's heart with his trademark weapon.
“Why?! Why didn't you tell me? Did you think I couldn't handle it?”
“No Tetra! We didn't tell you because-” Her mother was cut off as a bomb exploded beside her sending her flying into Tama.
“You're father is also a Youko,” sneered Karasu.
“Kaa-chan!” A bomb exploded in front of Kurama sending him flying into Hiei and Tama. Tetra was left sitting a few meters away from Karasu, clutching her stomach wound. “Father no!”
“Oh no, but he's no ordinary Youko; he's the legendary bandit Youko Kurama.” Karasu walked over to her and grabbed her throat, lifting her off the ground.
“Tetra!” The shouted in unison, standing, prepared to fight again.
“Ah ah ah,” he scolded. His grip on the girl's throat tightened. “Weapons, now.” Kurama tossed his whip, thus turning it back into a rose, while Hiei tossed her katana at Karasu's feet. “Good you do know how to listen. Now back to the business at hand. Kurama which do you choose; your mate or your daughter?”
“I will not choose between them!” He snapped, but Karasu's grip tightened all the more. Tetra let out a strangled cry and began clawing at his hand.
“Choose now or you lose both and become my sex slave!” he cackled.
Suddenly Tama leapt into the air and managed to kick Karasu's right arm which held Tetra. Tetra landed on the ground and tried to scramble away quickly while trying to catch her breath. A battle ensued between Tama and Karasu. Kurama grabbed his daughter's wrist and pulled her out of the range of Karasu's explosives.
Suddenly Tama was knocked to the ground. Karasu made a bomb and was preparing to throw it at the defenseless boy when Tama's right hand landed on Hiei's katana. Simultaneously both youkai's threw the weapons they had at the others chest cavity. The katana pierced Karasu's heart and escaped through the back while the bomb exploded close enough to Tama's heart that it killed him. The long arduous battle was over; unfortunately both sides had lost in their own way.
“TAMA!” screamed Tetra; hiruseki's falling to the ground as she ran over to her deceased lover. She propped his head in her lap and began to cry and tell him how much she had loved him. “You're stupid, you know that. I hate you! How could you sacrifice your life like that? You said we would live together forever! I loved you, bastard, did you know that?! I loved you with all my heart!”
“He really did love her,” said a somewhat stunned Hiei.
“Hai, no youkai would give their life for a rutting partner,” replied Kurama.
The next few days passed on quietly. Tetra still looked depressed, but she was accepting of Tama's death. Though she was acting a little strange. She'd run off to a friend's house and stay there for a few days before coming back home. The times she was at home though she would stick to herself and mask her youki. Hiei and Kurama kept worrying that Hiei might never return to her male form. Yukina and Kuwabara had gone to a hot springs for a week, so Hiei couldn't complain to her nee-chan. After Tetra had been gone for two weeks, Hiei and Kurama though that when she returned they would have a nice little talk to find out what was wrong. It was the dead of night when Tetra came home. As she headed to the refrigerator for something to eat, the light came on to reveal her parents sitting at the table.
“We need to talk,” Kurama stated firmly, leaving no room for argument.
“This doesn't have to do with me sleeping with-er- I mean me sleeping at my friend's home?”
“It looks like we're not the only one's who've been keeping secrets,” stated Hiei. Tetra laughed nervously and rubbed the back of her head.
 
(A/N: I know it's been a while. High school finals were hell, but now I've updated! Only two more chapters and it's done! I have a one-shot I'm going to post soon, but it has three parts to it. It's called Misunderstanding, and yes, it's a Hiei/Kurama fic. Enjoy! Next update by Friday.)