Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Only You... ❯ Broken ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I do not own Yu*Yu Hakusho, only my character, Akina.

Prologue: Broken

***

There was a loud knock at the large, golden doors that separated the chaos of the workers from Koenma's office. There was a loud, static buzz and Koenma's voice came through the mini-loud speaker.
"Yes, who is it?" he asked.
"It is Akina, sir."
"Oh, yes, come on in."
There was another loud buzz and the golden doors slowly opened.

~ ~

The sun slowly crept up over the small lake, making the sun rays reflect beautifully. The young-teenage boy sat on a bench, a short distance from the lake. His arms rested on the cold, metal benches back frame and with his long legs stretched out in from of him. His head hung down and his black hair gently fell in front of his face. His bangs went up and down slowly as soft snores could be heard from him.
Loud footsteps raced towards the bench where he sat. The girl's long, faded blue skirt clung to her legs as the wind pushed it back as she ran and as her hair flying everywhere. She slowed down as approached the sleeping boy.
Huff, huff… she gasped for air as she sat next to the boy. Her chest stopped rapidly going up and down and started to go at a steady pace.
"You're late." The boy said softly, as he lifted his head.
"Well, you are early…for once." She looked away.
"Well, yeah, you told me to get here as soon as possible because you had to tell me something." The boy said as he tried to catch the girl's wondering eyes. "And, plus! Pacifier breath gave me the week off! So it was pretty boring…" he stopped as his smile faded as he saw the girl was crying.
"Keiko…what's wrong?" he asked gently as he tried to put his hand on hers, but she pulled it away.
"Yusuke, I'm sorry." She sobbed. "I can't." more tears trickled down her rosy cheeks.
"What are you saying?" Yusuke asked, searching for an answer, and then it hit him.

*flashback*

"Keiko, I have something to ask you." Yusuke asked.
He and Keiko were on the roof, everyone was in homeroom, it was perfect.
"What is it Yusuke? And don't tell me you didn't do your homework and you want to copy mine. It's not going to happen!" she exclaimed.
"No, no, it's not that and plus, I never do it so it doesn't matter. But I wanted to ask you…" he knelt down on one knee.
"Oh, Yusuke, what are you doing?!"
"After we graduate this year…will you marry me?" he pulled out a golden ring, with a single pink diamond in the middle of it.


"I can't marry you!" she stood up. "I can't return the feelings I have for you!"
She pulled the golden ring, with the single pick diamond out of her pocket and placed it in Yusuke's hand.
"I'm so sorry, Yusuke." She ran away, down the path she had come.
"Keiko…I love you…" Yusuke said softly, as hot tears streamed down his face, but his words were lost in the howl of the wind.

~ ~

"Do you understand what I am saying, Akina?" Koenma asked.
A voice from the shadows answered, "Yes, Koenma."
"You are only here for a short while, and do not cause any trouble. Understood?"
"Now why would I cause trouble, sir?"


***

Hope you liked it.
I am not bashing Keiko in this fic! >.< That was only a one time thing! This one is for all you people who love Yusuke and Keiko's relationship! I'm putting it to the test, and only I know what the outcome will be! *laughs evilly* Oh, comments are welcomed and flames, are might as well be.