Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Origins of the Darkness Flame ❯ Called Back to Duty ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter I: Called Back to Duty

 

Kurama heard his human name, Suuichi Minamino, being called over the intercom at school, but it was the end of the day, and he did not desire going to the office to see what was up. So he decided to head home, and find out what they wanted tomorrow. All he wanted to do was get home and tender his precious garden.

 

He brushed his beautiful red hair with his hand into the air as he carried his book bag on the other shoulder. He walked home along the busy streets; knowing his home was several blocks away. He would get home right when the sun would finally be going down.

 

That was when he sensed a presence, a youkai, approaching fast from high up in the buildings. Right away he knew it was Hiei. It never baffled him when the smell of Hiei came at such a fast pace. So Kurama stopped himself, and waited for Hiei to come down. When the short fire demon finally came down he landed right in front of Kurama, and his look upon his face was the same as ever; a cold demeanor.

 

"Well, Hiei why have you come?" Kurama asked calmly.

 

"It seems Koenma has another mission for us, and has ordered all of us together. I have already talked to Yusuke and Idiot, and we all meet within an hour at the abandoned warehouse at the piers"

 

Hiei handed Kurama a piece of paper with the number to which warehouse, and in an instance he was gone. Kurama continued on his way, but he changed his course to head towards the harbor. It took him around a half an hour to reach the harbor, and when he reached there every one were already there. It surprised Kurama to be the last one there.

 

Yusuke went up to Kurama, and gave a handshake saying, "It's been awhile old friend. Almost a whole years since us all have been together. I feel like I am already old."

 

"Yes indeed I have felt the same way, Yusuke," Kurama replied lightly.

 

"So why do think Koenma has brought us all back together?" Kuwabara asked from behind Yusuke.

 

"You were asked here to fulfill another request from me and my father you idiotic human," a babyish voice said from behind.

 

Kurama turned, but it was not Baby Koenma now, it was the teenage Koenma.

 

"Explain to us what is going on Little One," Yusuke arrogantly spoke up.

 

"Ok, smart mouth, here's what my father, Lord Enma, has ordered you. Soon two demons will arrive; one can not speak so his daughter, the other demon, will speak for him. They know much about the demon you will hunt to bring in alive. Do you understand the term `alive'? My father wants this demon alive. That's all I can tell you, so if you don't mind I will make my leave."

 

"Why does not old pal Koenma want to mingle with the commoners of demons?" Yusuke asked.

 

"I rather not meet up with these particular demons; they don't take kindly to my father and me."

 

With that Koenma left and disappeared into the shadows. After a few minutes of uneasy silence a fog began to appear around them and in the harbor. That was when they heard the sound of creature; a very familiar creature to the ears of them. It was the cry of a dragon, and it was no ordinary dragon; it was the Dragon of the Darkness Flame. The sky turned to pitch black from the darkened clouds, and from the sky a single dragon came down. Kurama looked to his old friend Hiei to find the fire demon looking to the sky with no real expression, but underneath it Kurama knew Hiei was curious.

 

No one except Hiei had ever mastered the darkness technique, and it came at a price for the demon in short stature. His entire right arm was bandaged up to keep the mark of the dragon in place, and to not allow it to be free and engulf Hiei. Kurama pitied his friend, because all these days Hiei really only seeked death. That was why he worked with Mukuro in the Demon World as a mercenary.

 

From the sky the dragon came down to land right above the water in the harbor. Upon the dragon two people stood, and it seemed the younger one controlled it. It was a woman too, and from her left arm the flames engulfed it, and Kurama could sense the power source coming from there. The other person, both obviously demons, created a cloud that went

underneath both of them, and the dragon disappeared to return to its master.

 

This puzzled Kurama, how could another master the dragon, and them not knowing about it?

 

When the two finally made it to land, the whole group surrounded them. The man was an older demon, and it could be seen through his eyes. He had seen centuries of wars, pain, anger, hate, compassion, and many more emotions. Kurama could sympathize with him. The other was a woman, and she was exceptionally young by her appearance and by her eyes. She held no real wisdom and age behind her eyes. Not only that she didn't look like a demon, she looked just like a human. Many questions Kurama felt like asking, but many were ridiculous.

 

 

Hiei could not believe what he saw. Another that possessed his power of the dragon. Curiosity over whelmed him, but when he looked more thoroughly at her he didn't realize how beautiful she was. In her human form she had long shiny black hair with deep purple eyes. Her scent was enticing for any demon; even for Hiei. The fact she could use the darkness technique made her even more appealing.

 

 

Yusuke thought the demon woman was pretty hot, but he knew she was trouble. So he thought they should get started as soon as possible so he could get back to Kayko.

 

"So what's the problem that you need to call us out of retirement?" he asked the man.

 

Instead of the man speaking the young woman spoke with a soft almost muse-like voice, "He can not speak. He was cursed by my mother. The one you will hunt and find."

 

"Why are we going after your mother?" Kurama asked curiously.

 

"Simple, she is a menace and a threat to the Human world and the Demon world. Her name is Akiaka, and a demon forgotten by all."

 

"Who are you, and who is your father?" Kuwabara asked.

 

"Well, I should say who you are all, for I have studied every one of you. Yusuke, the Spirit Detective; Kuwabara, the loyal human; Kurama, the Romantic Solider; and Hiei…the shadow that seeks death. This man here is my father Rai. He is demon from the ancient days as my mother. Kurama you should recognize and explain him."

 

Everybody turned to Kurama, and he knew what she meant. The older demon looked like a fox demon, but he wasn't.

 

"He is wolf demon from the ancient days. They were one clan till the demon lord of our world destroyed their clan and kidnapped their goddess and leader, the Wolf Queen. The survivors were separated and went separate ways thus creating the different canine demons. The still existent wolf demons, which are the warriors; the dog demons, the loyal; and the fox demons, the thieves."

 

"Very good Kurama; you do know your history. Or should I thank Youko?" the woman said slyly.

 

"Well onto myself, my name is Saya. I am a descendant of that ancient tribe, and I also can wield the dragon as you saw. That is curse that passes in my family, because my mother, the one you are looking for, is the creator…or rather the birth mother of Dragon of the Darkness Flame"

 

To continue…