Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Outside Looking In ❯ No Need For Connection ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Ten: No Need For Connection
 
 
Mika didn't leave the room for several days. Kohana and her French friend Aki constantly guarded the room and brought the Light demon everything that she would possibly need. Hiei tried to stay out of the way, but he felt his curiosity getting the better of him. Kurama had tried to talk to Kohana about Mika's health, but there was no break in the communication. Hiei sat outside the temple in his favorite tree, thinking about his last confrontation with the girl. He let his fingers wander up towards his lips. They didn't taste of Mika's tears anymore. Hiei wasn't sure what the feeling in his chest was. He clearly did his job. Kohana had gathered her report from him later, after he had successfully broken down the light demon. His mind let the images flash before him. Mika pushing her body up against him, the warmth of her skin rubbing against his as she tried to get a better hold on him. Hiei blushed as he thought about it.
 
`Damn girl.' He thought.
 
“What girl?” Kurama asked out loud as he interrupted Hiei's internal conversation. Hiei glared at the kitsune. Kurama smirked and looked back at the Jaganshi with an innocent look.
 
“Could it be that you are responsible for Mika's lack of communication?” Kurama confronted his friend. The fox could clearly sense something gong on in the Koorime's head the past few days that Mika had been locked up in her room.
 
“The cat youkai asked a favor. I had no choice.” Hiei said. Kurama nodded. There was no verbal response from him, and that always seemed to worry Hiei. No verbal response means no definite opinion.
 
“I…Hnn.” Hiei stopped himself from talking. Kurama looked at his friend, his green eyes urging the Koorime to continue on with the thought.
 
“I didn't hurt her did I?” Hiei asked. Kurama shook his head.
 
“I don't think so. I think that she is in a very horrible place that she has never allowed herself to be before. That may be the lack of communication right there.” Kurama said softly. At that moment, the branch next to where Hiei was sitting on twitched and Hiei noticed the cat youkai standing next to him. Kohana looked increasingly unhappy, and she looked tired.
 
“Go.” She said one word, and Hiei understood. He went to see Mika. The light demon was asking for him.
 
 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - - - - - - - - - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
 
Hiei opened the door to Mika's room after playing twenty questions with the French guardian. He stepped inside and was confronted with the girl's body making contact with his. Her lips meet his greedily and he accepted them without thinking. Mika grabbed a hold of Hiei's hand and placed it along the left jaw line, where he had let it rest before. Quickly, a scene passed through Mika's head and Hiei could understand that she had wanted him to know what was going on. But she did not let him go. Once the images and memory stopped, Mika deepened her kiss and pulled the Jaganshi closer to her. Hiei could hear the girl's heart beat in his ears, and it had a seductive beat as he ran his hands through her angel blond hair.
 
“Hmmm.” Mika sighed happily. She hadn't been able to control herself when the Koorime stepped into the room. His scent and his aura wrapped around her and held her almost as strong as his arms. Hiei could sense Mika relax in his arms. He pulled her away quickly, holding her at bay just so that he could get a clear statement from her.
 
“What are you doing?” Hiei asked her. Mika whined at the absence of the boy's warm touch and his pleasant smell. She shook her head. She didn't want to answer that question. There was no way she was getting close to him. This isn't a connection. I just need to feel. Mika tried to tell herself. No where else had she felt such a strong sense of emotion.
 
“Don't stop!” Mika growled. She broke Hiei's grip and pulled the Jaganshi up against her hungrily. Hiei was surprised at her strength and pulled her back. He crushed her against his chest and felt her warm fingers pull at his cloak. Carefully, he pushed her away from the door and towards the bed. Mika felt the bed sweep her off her feet and she let herself sit on the edge. Hiei kept a hold of the girl's head as she sat on the edge of the bed and finally found the bare skin of his chest. Her fingers against his chest were fire. They blazed and burned and made his skin jump. Hiei breathed in the air and felt himself become intoxicated by the girl's scent. Just her scent made him feel tipsy. Mika pulled Hiei close to her so that she could almost just pull him into her and make them both dissolve.
 
`No connection. No connection. No connection.' Mika kept repeating to herself. Hiei's eyes opened and he pulled away immediately, leaving Mika without the good feeling of someone next to her, loving her. Mika looked up at the Jaganshi and saw a rage inside of him that made his deep red aura look like a flame that would burn Mika if she tried to touch it. He was mad.
 
“Don't come near me.” Hiei said as he pulled his cloak back on and glided out of the room and went straight for Kurama. He would not let the girl make a fool out of him. The pain of loneliness resurrected in the Jaganshi's heart.
 
`She didn't want me, she just wanted my body. She didn't want the connection. Damn her!' Hiei thought to himself. He cursed Mika and her confusing tactics. He cursed himself. He cursed his feelings. There was nothing he could do.
 
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~