Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Slight Problem ❯ Reflections ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I'M BACK!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry it took me so long to update!!!! I'm just starting to transfer my stories from our old computer on to our new one and I just downloaded Open Office last night!!! I'll be updating my stories from now on, but I'm not sure how long it's going to take. If it takes a few days, please, PLEASE be patient with me!! I have many more chapters for this story alone, so I hope you'll all bear with me!!

I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Only my own characters, Natalie and Lisa.



Only a few hours had passed when Lisa became aware of the fact that she was pressed up against another warm body, the arms of which were wrapped securely around her. Her head was leaning against a lean but muscular chest and she could do nothing but bask in the warmth for a few long moments before her mind came fully awake.. The memories of what had happened before she fell asleep flashed through her mind and she cringed slightly, her eyes opening as she looked up in surprise. Kurama's face was only inches from her own, and she found herself lost in a sea of emerald once more.
His face filled with concern as he continued to gaze at her. The girl felt a wave of heat go through her face, still fully aware of the arms wrapped securely around her.
“Are you feeling a little better now? You've been sleeping for the past three hours.”
Lisa's embarrassment was gone in an instant as she remembered the incident that had caused her to be in this position in the first place. Her gaze turned downcast when she felt tears brimming her eyes again. “Um... a little... I guess.”
Kurama looked at her for a long moment before he gently tilted her head up with his finger and looked her in the eyes. He could see the unshed tears within them and smiled at her gently. “You don't need to lie to me, Lisa. If you still need to cry, then do it. I'm not going to leave you in such a state.”
Lisa tried to hold back her tears again, but was unsuccessful. As the first tears started forming rivers down her cheeks, Kurama pulled her close once more, laying her head against his chest while she cried. He hushed her gently as she cried and, upon glancing out the windows, saw that the sun was starting to set. He waited patiently, still holding the sobbing woman as her crying tapered off, and continued to hold her for a few more moments once she was done.
He started to talk softly. “I know you probably don't have much of an appetite right now, but I think it would be best if you got something to eat. We can talk more in the kitchens, if that's all right with you.”
She hesitated and then nodded. Food was the last thing on her mind right now, but she guessed that the kitsune was right. She did need to keep her strength up. “I guess I should get something to eat...” Then she hesitated. “How's Natalie?”
“I'm not sure to be perfectly honest. I'm certain that one of the others is probably with her though, so I would keep your worries about her from your mind for now. We can talk more about her later. Now come.” He pulled away slowly and gave her his most winning smile. It almost turned into a smirk when he saw her face redden once more. “Let's get you a bite to eat.”
She didn't bother resisting as he led her out of the room.

Kuwabara looked at Yusuke hesitantly as they made their way down the hall. “Are you sure this is a good idea, Urameshi? I mean, Natalie said she wanted to be alone...”
The Spirit Detective rolled his eyes. “You know absolutely nothing about women, do you? No wonder you and Yukina aren't getting anywhere. Trust me, she wants someone to talk to, maybe a shoulder to cry on. Kurama's taking care of Lisa, so she'll definitely be okay, but Natalie's the one who convinced her friend to come here in the first place, so she's probably feeling like absolute shit about this entire situation.
Kazuma sighed. “I guess.” He headed toward her door and got ready to knock when a familiar voice popped into both of their minds.
If the two of you dare open that door, I will run you through with my sword. The onna is sleeping and if you wake her up right now, I'll kill you, came the voice.
Kuwabara's eyes went enormous. “HIEI?! What the hell are you doing in her room, shorty?!”
That is none of your concern. Just leave now, Kuwabaka. Natalie is going to be fine.
Yusuke blinked and then looked at his companion with a shrug. “I guess someone beat us to it. Let's go.”
Kuwabara stared at him as if he'd grown another head. “Are you NUTS?! You just wanna leave her alone with Hiei after all the crap that's happened between the two of them?!”
Yusuke rose an eyebrow. “Hey, if she had any objections to him being with her, don't you think the whole palace'd know about it by now? Let's just get a bite to eat and leave the two lovebirds alone.”
Say that again, Detective, Hiei's voice cut in, promising death. I dare you.
Yusuke grinned. “I'll say it again when you're not cuddling your little woman there, Hiei. See ya.” He turned and started off, but not before Hiei got in the last word.
You're so dead.

Lisa and Kurama were in the kitchen again, the girl trying to eat with little success. She had managed to get a few bites down, but was picking at her food more than anything else. This, of course, did not escape Kurama's notice, but the kitsune decided to leave the matter be for now.
He gave her a gentle smile .”Are you feeling better?”
Her lips barely quirked in response. “I think so. Thank you.”
There were a few long moments of silence and the kitsune finally broke it, broaching the subject Lisa was trying not to think about.
“You cannot stay angry at Natalie, Lisa. Surely you realize that this cannot be blamed soley on her,” he said gently.
She blinked, her eyes looking up for the first time in almost a half hour. “But...”
“Lisa,” Kurama said with a small sigh. “Did Natalie force you to come here, or did she merely invite you to join her?”
Lisa hesitated. “Well, of course she didn't force me, but...”
“Then it was ultimately your decision to join her. She merely gave you the invitation, correct?”
“Well, yes, but she promised me that...”
“... that nothing would happen? And, indeed, she was merely speaking from her own past experiences, and so honestly believed that nothing would happen. There is no way Natalie could have foreseen this, Lisa. And I believe that right now, she is just as upset, if not even more so, than you are. As you mentioned, she did invite you to join her and it was her idea to go on this trip in the first place, so she is undoubtedly blaming herself.”
Lisa considered his words for a moment and then let out a heavy sigh. “You're right. I should go apologize to her. She was probably feeling bad enough without what I said to her.”
The gentle smile was back on the kitsune's face as he continued looking at her steadily. “I imagine you're right. However, I suggest that you leave it for the morning. Natalie drained a lot of her energy looking through the Akashic, and will likely sleep straight through the night. And you have had a long day and need your rest. Why don't I make you a calming tea to help you go to sleep and we'll return to your room?”
The girl across from him managed the bare trace of a smile and nodded silently.
Kurama summoned one of his plants and proceeded to brew a tea for Lisa, and then the two of them went back to her room.
The kitsune stayed with her as she sipped her tea and its effects started to take hold. The girl didn't want to be alone tonight, but was unsure how to broach the subject with Kurama without it sounding like she was making a play for him.
Almost as if he was reading her thoughts, he looked at her in concern. “Would you like me to remain with you tonight, Lisa? I could even hold you as I did earlier if you like. I know you probably don't want to be left alone tonight, after the day that you've had.”
Lisa's blue eyes went wide hearing this offer and she turned red as she looked up at him in surprise. “You... you'd do that... for me?”
Youko stepped forward to take partial control of Suichi. He pulled his lips back in a mischeviously seductive grin as he looked at her, and was immediately rewarded when the girl went a few shades redder.
Lisa saw that his green eyes were now heavily flaked with gold, and combined with his current expression, she knew that Youko was about to speak.
“Why, of course we would, Lisa. I quite enjoyed the feel of you in my arms earlier. I'm sure Suichi did as well, though you may be hard pressed to get HIM to admit to it...”
Lisa suddenly found the floor to be very interesting as she felt yet more blood rushing to her head. “Well, um, I would really appreciate it after the day I had...”
So very innocent, Youko thought, his grin widening as he approached her. She was still very red and had not yet taken her eyes from the floor.
Lisa was taken very much by surprise when Kurama quite seriously swept her off her feet and into his arms. Looking up at him in surprise, she gulped when she saw his eyes were now completely golden, and he now had a mischevious smirk on his face.
“You better behave yourself, Youko!” she said, trying to sound brave, but she couldn't keep the quiver out of her voice.
His smirk widened and when he spoke, she saw two fangs. “Now why would I want to do that, Lisa? There are so many methods I could use to distract your mind with...” Before he could continue, his expression turned strained and his eyes turned to their gentle green once more. Kurama smiled at her sheepishly. “I apologize for Youko. I can assure you, he will behave himself. You have no cause for concern.” He headed for the bed, once more leaning against the headboard and holding Lisa close to him. The girl was still very red and possibly a little wary, but the combination of her stressful day and the tea left her feeling utterly exhausted, and she fell asleep in seconds. Once she had dropped off, Kurama placed his chin atop of her head and soon followed suit.

Natalie felt very safe and secure, leaning against a very warm surface, and felt two strong arms holding her close. She smiled contentedly and nestled in closer, a small pleased noise coming from her lips. She felt the arms tighten around her slightly. Whoever she was leaning against was simply radiating heat and she was absolutely basking in it. She was about to go back to sleep when her thoughts caught up with her.
Radiating... heat?
The events from the night before flashed through her mind and she looked up with a start, her eyes going wide. A set of red eyes were looking down into her own and before she could stop it, she felt her face heat up.
HIEI!!!!
His arms were still holding her securely as he looked down at her. When he saw her face turn bright red, he was only barely able to keep himself from smirking in amusement. Instead, he kept his face impassive as he looked down at her.
“You... stayed with me all night?” she asked quietly.
He broke eye contact with her and looked at the wall across from the bed. “Hn. I tried to leave, but you started waking up. I decided it would be for the best if I didn't move.”
She couldn't help it as the thought entered her mind. He.... held me all night. That's so... sweet...
His eyes were back on her in an instant. “That's a word no one has dare use to describe me before,” he said, allowing a small smirk to come to his face.
Natalie's eyes went enormous and her face flushed a dark red once more. “You... read my mind?” Then she suddenly realized. “SHIT!! My ward's still down!” Hiei wordlessly released his hold on her as she scrambled out of his arms, having only a brief feeling of regret as his warmth left her, and she quickly reinstated the ward around her mind. She sighed in relief when she knew that Hiei could no longer look into her thoughts. The demon vacated the bed and looked at her impassively once more.
“Hn. You should get something to eat, onna. Now that I'm no longer burdened with you, I'm going.” Before she could even think to say something in response, he simply vanished from sight.
The girl didn't even notice his choice of words, as she was still trying to comprehend the fact that she had pretty much cuddled with Hiei for the entire night. On her bed Not to mention the fact that right before falling asleep the night before, the last thing she remembered him doing was licking her hand. Her blush darkened to a shade that would have made Lisa proud.
Then she stubbornly shoved all those thoughts from her mind and decided to take the koorime's advice. She left her room and headed for the kitchens.
In the next chapter, Natalie and Lisa meet up again. Please, review, everyone!! The next chapter will be up soon, I promise!!!!