Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Wavedancer ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Wavedancer

~*Prologue*~

In all the legends, of all tales, one person was spoken of over and over again. The Wavedancer, as she was called, was the beautiful maiden in almost all stories told, Makai, Reikai, and even in the Ningenkai. It was said that she could control the way the waves moved, and they responded to the way she felt. Her control lay within two shells; one an all sky blue shell, the other a deep-blue-almost-black shell. They were exactly alike; mates, you could say. Both were as smooth as ivory, and were unlike any other shells around. They were special, as they were the only thing you had from your parents; the king of the sea, and the angel of light. Forbidden they had been to be together, thus, they had been killed. But not before having the Wavedancer. With the ability to control the sea, and the power of light to protect her, she was a wanted demon in all three worlds. It was also said that whomever could harness her power, that person could open the sea, and thus control the worlds, for the sea was where they were all connected (You'll see.).

The thing is, she was never found. The tales claim her mother had protected her, and had taken her to heaven with her. Others claim she killed herself, in order to keep her power away from those who would use it for evil.

Those stories are all beautiful and all, but there's just one flaw: the Wavedancer never died. She was merely sent to the Ningenkai to live in hiding, not knowing anything of her past, and nothing of her future.

In the fifteenth year since the Wavedancer was sent to the Ningenkai this tale begins…. The tale of the Wavedancer.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

TNM: that sucked, didn't it? -.-

Hiei: it did.

TNM: ;_; you're so mean. I shouldn't even write this fic, you don't deserve romance.

Hiei: NO! continue it! Now!

TNM: =^^= looks like someone has a cruu-uush. So early in the story, too. ^pokes Hiei^

Hiei: ^red^ hn. Baka onna.

Kurama: be nice, Hiei.

Hiei: Hn.

Review! by the way, the pairings are….. YouxHiei! Exciting, huh? Sorry, Kurama fangirls (hey, I'm one too!), no Kurama in this one. I'm too lazy to go back and change all the Kurama's to Hiei's and all the Hiei's to Kurama's and all the red eyes to green eyes, and so on and so forth.