Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Unleashed In Disney World ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Sara looked up at the crying kids in front of her.
“Shut up!” she shouted. The kids stopped and looked at her. One kid sniffed and Sara glared at him.
After a few minutes of cowering in fear of Sara, the kids were approached by their parents, who shot Sara rude glances of their own. She started after them, but was stopped by a hand on her shoulder.
“Sara, don’t try it.” Sara turned and glared at Hiei.
“But…”
“No.” Sara hung her head and followed Hiei. They walked back through the Magic Kingdom, away from the Mickey Mouse Parade. Faythe walked over to them.
“What did she do now?”
“I didn’t do anything!”
Hiei snorted. “She…” he was interrupted when a group of screaming kids ran up to them.
“Ahhh!” Sara shouted into their faces. “How do you like it?”
It took both Hiei and Faythe to restrain her.
“Let it go, Sara! Guz fraba!” Faythe shouted.
“Guz…fraba…” Sara chanted. She started to go into a trance, but jerked out of it. “That doesn’t work. I’m gonna kill those kids!”
She grabbed Hiei’s sword and charged. Faythe grabbed her from behind and pulled her backwards. She took the sword.
Sara looked at Faythe, then at the sword, and finally at Hiei. “Hey…”
“As much as I want you to, don’t stab her,” advised Hiei. “Too messy.”
Faythe winced as Sara moved to put the sword away. “Don’t kill me!” she cried out.
“Faythe, why would I kill you? You’re my BFF. I can’t just kill you.” Faythe smiled. Sara looked around. “Oh my God! The Tunnel of Love! I’ve always wanted to see what that was like! Come on!” She grabbed Faythe and Hiei and ran towards the ride.
“You won’t go on without me, will you?” said a familiar voice behind them. It sounded like…
“Aragorn!” Faythe cried. “What are you doing here?”
Aragorn hugged her and gave her a quick kiss. “You went to Florida. I’ve never been to Florida.” He looked around the area of the Magic Kingdom they were in. “Does the whole state look like this?”
Sara smacked him upside the head. “Moron.”
He glared at her. “It was a perfectly legitimate question.”
Sara shook her head. “No, it wasn’t.”
“Stop arguing!” Everyone looked at Faythe. “Thank you. Let’s just go in.”
The Tunnel of Love was not exactly a typical tunnel. It was lit with a soft pink light and the water was pink, as well. From the ceiling hung red hearts and white cupid cutouts. Painted on the walls were silhouettes of lovers in various romantic and exotic locations.
“This is weird,” said Aragorn. “Why are we here?”
“Because it’s romantic!” Faythe exclaimed. She stopped a heart-shaped boat and got inside, pulling Aragorn after her. “Come on, Sara! You and Hiei can get in the next boat.” She winked and their boat pushed off.
Sara was busy watching a “romantic” pose. “I agree with Aragorn. This isn’t right. Maybe we should leave.” She stated to walk out, slipped on an ice cube and fell into the boat. “Hiei!” she cried out. He ran after her and jumped into the boat.
Sara could see Faythe’s boat ahead. Where were they? It didn’t look like they were still in the boat. Then, it dawned on her why they didn’t seem to still be in the boat. Color crept up into her cheeks.
“What do you suppose they’re doing?” asked Hiei.
“Let’s hope it’s not WHO they’re doing,” Sara muttered. She looked around and was taken off guard when Hiei slid next to her and put his arm over her shoulder. She relaxed and laid her head on his shoulder, just enjoying the moment.
Suddenly, Faythe popped up and looked at them. She started laughing. “Look at the two love birds!”
Sara stood up. “You shouldn’t be talking.” She took a step forward and her boat tipped over.
“Sara! Hiei!” Faythe screamed. She muttered something under her breath and the water parted where Sara and Hiei were. Aragorn pulled them into their boat.
Sara coughed up some of the pink water. “Ugh! It tastes like lemonade!”
“I hate pink.” They looked at Hiei.
Sara frowned. “I’m cold.” She snuggled up to Hiei. “I have my own personal space heater!” Hiei glared at her.
There weren’t any more incidents on the ride. Faythe and Aragorn, however, kept whispering to each other.
“When?” Aragorn cried suddenly. He looked like he was panicking.
“Not yet. But soon,” Faythe assured, patting his arm.
“Um…what are you talking about?” Sara asked. “I feel left out!” She had a puppy dog look on her face. “Tell me, please!”
“You already know.”
“Refresh my memory.”
“You know…”
Sara’s eyes got wide. “Oh, yeah!”
Hiei looked around at them. “Now I feel left out.”
Sara rubbed his head. “I’ll tell you in the room.”
“Stop rubbing my head.”
She abruptly stopped and blinked. “Here we sit. In a boat. Going down the river. Through the Tunnel of Love.” This got her odd looks from not only the others, but also from the guy helping people out of the boat. He smiled and helped Faythe and Sara out, kissing their hands.
At once, Anduril (Aragorn’s sword) was unsheathed and Hiei’s eyes flashed. The “French” guy who’d been stupid enough to court the girls screamed and ran for his life, shouting something about crazy soldiers and demons.
“Honey, I think he’s gone,” Faythe said to Aragorn, patting his arm. Gently, she took away the sword and re-sheathed it. “There. Now, who wants to ride Space Mountain?”
“Sure.”
“All right.”
“Um…”
Everyone turned to Hiei. “’Um…?’ What kind of answer is that?” Aragorn shouted.
Sara hit him on the back of the head. “It’s a perfectly fine answer.” She turned to Hiei. “If you don’t want…” She didn’t finish the sentence. Instead, she grabbed Hiei and took off like the devil was after her.
Faythe and Aragorn turned and their eyes widened. “Oh…” The “French” guy was running towards them, followed by two security guards.
“Um, okay, let’s go!” Faythe shouted.
But Aragorn stood firm. “I can take them!” he shouted. “I’ve fought at the head of many a war, I can take two security rent-a-cops!”
“Yes, dear, I know,” Faythe replied, trying not to sound panicky. “Which is why we have to go. NOW!”
They ran after Sara and Hiei, but Faythe tripped over her shoelaces and fell. “Go on without me!” she cried.
But Aragorn scooped her off the ground and said, “Like hell I will.”
One of the security guards began yelling for them to stop, but Aragorn only ran faster. Suddenly, someone grabbed his arm and pulled him into a shop. The security guards ran by. Aragorn set Faythe down and bent over, trying to catch his breath.
Faythe, however, walked over to Sara (who, by the way, was the one that pulled them into the shop). “You just left us there! How could you?”
Sara glared down at her. “I figured Aragorn could take them. He is, after all, a king.”
“A very winded king right now,” he replied, breathing heavily. “Faythe weighs more than Gimli’s armor when you carry her like that!” He sighed and sat down. “I wounded have been this winded if you’d just let me kill them.”
“I wasn’t about to do that. Violence is wrong.”
Hiei looked up from the book he was reading about the “Small World” ride. “It is?”
“Yes. Very, very wrong,” Faythe scolded.
“Could have fooled me.” Hiei resumed reading.
Sara sighed. “Maybe the Tunnel of Love was a bad idea, after all.”
“You think?” Faythe retorted.
“Not usually.” Aragorn didn’t see the book fly towards his head. “Ow!” The book landed in his lap. “One Hundred and One Ways to Cook A Turkey…And Then Some. Who thinks these titles up?”
Before anyone could answer, Faythe smiled and put her two cents in. “Let’s go on Space Mountain now.”
Hiei paled visibly at that. Sara grabbed his hand and squeezed. “I’ll be right next to you.”
“Which may or may not be a good thing.”
It dawned on Faythe suddenly. “Hiei, are you afraid of heights?”
Sara whacked her upside the head. “No, idiot! He was dropped off a cliff, remember? You want him to ride Space MOUNTAIN! Where are cliffs, Faythe?”
Faythe hung her head. “On mountains.”
“Duh.”
Hiei went to check if the coast was clear. “Let’s ride the freaking mountain,” he said.
“Forward march!” Aragorn cried suddenly. “Let’s move out, troops!” At the weird looks, he said, “Sorry. Got kinda carried away. Thought I was back in Minas Tirith for a minute.”
Sara snorted. “See, Faythe? You are so cruel to him! He’s homesick!”
“Sara, I’m not homesick.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes.”
Sara sighed. Aragorn took the fun out of everything.
They were all standing in line for Space Mountain. “This is a huge line!” Aragorn exclaimed.
Faythe waved her had dismissively. “I’ve seen worse. She turned to Sara. “Are you excited, Sara?”
Sara gave her a small smile. One the outside, she looked calm and collected. ON the inside, she was terrified! She didn’t want to admit it, but heights scared her. A lot.
“I think Sara’s the one who’s afraid of heights,” remarked Aragorn. He gave Sara look that was both creepy and reassuring. “I feel for you.”
“You have no idea what you’re talking about!” Sara shouted. She made a big, dramatic speech about jumping to conclusions. By the time she was done, they were almost to the platform.
Hiei looked at the greenish people coming off the ride. “They didn’t go on like that, did they?”
“Nope!” Faythe exclaimed. “The first time I rode this, I barfed for a half hour straight!”
Sara looked at her and sort of turned green. “Can I just sit this one out?”
“NO WAY!” Faythe shouted. “You have to go on this! The barfing is something you MUST experience!”
“Fine!” Sara shouted back. “Let’s go!”
It was a good thing that they were next, because Sara shoved up to the barrier and planted herself in the front of the line before she could change her mind.
“May the Valar protect you if this brings us to harm,” Aragorn warned Faythe.
Right in front of the door, Sara stopped. Faythe gave her a push, but she wouldn’t move.
“What’s the hold up?”
“C’mon! Move it!” People behind them were starting to get angry. Faythe pushed Sara again and she stumbled forward. She got on the car, not realizing all the other seats were full. When the car started to move, she freaked out. She looked behind her just in time to see Faythe and the others get on the next car. Sara gulped and quickly shut her eyes.
“That was soooo cool!” Faythe shouted as they got off.
Aragorn looked at Hiei. “Are you all right?”
“Of course. Come on, we need to find Sara.” Sara was sitting on a bench, and shaking terribly.
“There she is!” Faythe exclaimed. She noticed how pale Sara was. “Hey, are you all right?”
Sara shook her head slowly. It looked like she was afraid that if she shook her head too hard, she’d throw up. “I-I got on the w-wrong car,” she said shakily.
Hiei put his arm around her consolingly. “There, there,” he said. “You’re all right. I nearly threw up, too.”
Sara sniffed. “Really?”
“Yeah, really!” Aragorn said. “He was screaming like a little girl!”
Hiei glared at Aragorn. “Thanks, Aragorn,” he said sarcastically. “She wanted to hear that.”
“Actually, it made me feel better,” said Sara. She stood up and started down the stairs off the platform. “Thanks, guys.”
“Yeah, whatever, blah, blah, blah, nice talk,” Faythe said. Her voice suggested that the consoling process annoyed and bored her. “Let’s eat. I’m starved.”
They went to the café on the parade route where Faythe and Sara had marched earlier. Atop the roof was a giant pair of Mickey Mouse ears. Sickeningly sweet and childish calliope music poured from speakers
“Are you sure you want to eat food here?” Aragorn asked Faythe.
Faythe nodded enthusiastically. “This place has the best funnel cakes.”
“What’s a funnel cake?” the others asked in unison.
“None of you have ever had a funnel cake?” They shook their heads. “Never?” Heads shake. “Never ever?”
“NO! Faythe, we’ve never had an F-ing funnel cake!” Hiei shouted.
“But…but…how? How could you live without the sugary, dough goodness?” Faythe was shell-shocked.
Sara snorted. “They probably aren’t that exciting.”
Aragorn looked at her. “Do you know what they are?”
Sara shook her head. “Never heard of them.”
“Well, then,” Faythe said, clapping her hands together. “Let’s go get one.”
Faythe had talked Aragorn into sharing a funnel cake with her. He took a bite and smiled. “This is pretty good.” He looked over at Sara and Hiei. “What do you guys think?”
Hiei took a bite of the doughy cake. He chewed for a moment, then a look of complete and total bliss came over his face. He smiled and his eyes lit up. “Sara. Eat. Funnel. Cake!” he said. He turned to Faythe. “Can I have this?”
“NO WAY!” Aragorn shouted.
Sara frowned. “I don’t see what the big deal is…”
Faythe frowned at her. “You haven’t had any.”
Sara sighed and took a bite. She chewed and immediately started choking. “Too sweet!” she gagged. “Need garbage can!”
Faythe gave her a garbage can and Sara spit out the funnel cake. “So, I take it you didn’t enjoy it?” Faythe asked timidly. Sara glared at her.
“Her loss,” said Aragorn. He pulled out a wad of cash. “Who wants another?”
After five more funnel cakes, they were completely stuffed. Sara, being the only one who didn’t like the funnel cake, ate her weight in Dippin’ Dots.
“Well, I’m stuffed,” said Aragorn. He belched and attempted to stand up.
“I vote we go back to the room,” said Sara.
“Fine,” Hiei replied.
Faythe groaned. “I think that last cake did me in.”
Sara sighed and handed her some water. “The stuff I put up with.”
Hiei smiled and gave her a quick kiss. “What would we do without you?”
“Crawl into a hole and die.” Faythe burped and stood up. “I’m ready if you guys are.”
This was greeted with a chorus of “Alright.”
They waddled back to the hotel and rode the escalator up to their adjoining rooms. Sara and Hiei were in one, and Faythe and Aragorn were in the other. For now, they all gathered in Sara and Hiei’s room for a game of B.S. They all sat in a circle on one of the beds. Faythe shuffled the deck and dealt the cards.
Just as the game began, there was a knock at the door. “Room service!”
Sara and Faythe looked at each other. Sara ran to answer the door. “WE didn’t order any room service.”
The man at the door smiled. “I know.”
Sara’s eyes went wide as she realized who was at the door. She tried to call out, but her kidnapper clamped a hand over her mouth.
“Don’t say a word,” he said. From somewhere in his jacket, he pulled out a taser and hit Sara with it.
“Her, Sara! It’s your turn!” Faythe shouted.
“Where is she?” asked Hiei after a few minutes.
“She probably went down to the pool,” replied Aragorn. “Ha! Bullshit, Faythe!”
“Why would she go down to the pool?”
Faythe shrugged. “To meet cute boys.”
“What?” Hiei jumped up.
Aragorn rolled his eyes. “Calm down. She probably went to go get ice. She’ll be back in a minute.” Just then, a brick came flying through the window and hit Hiei on the head.
“Ow!” he cried, rubbing his head. “What the hell was that?”
“A brick,” Faythe replied. “Oh, hey, there’s a not on it.”
The note read like this:
If you evur want 2 c Sara again, send $1,ooo, ooo 2 the hotel lobby 2 PM 2morrow
“We know one thing,” Aragorn said. “He can’t spell.”
“Or she,” Hiei said. He looked genuinely distraught. “We have to find her.”