Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ venomis spiders and a fire demons love ❯ fevered dreams and chills ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: man this will get annoying... Still don't own it!

Inulover: you see people, reviews = chappies!

Kurama: yep now on to the story




Hiei watched helplessly as Kurama tossed and turned in his restless slumber while still keeping the cloth on his head. Kurama had fallen asleep soon after Hiei had ,literally, forced him to eat some soup, which did manage to stay down.

"You never get ill kitsune, what's wrong with you?" the only response was a small whimper. Sighing Hiei began to run his fingers through the silky red hair that was slightly damp with sweat from the fever. "Hiei..." the mumbled words definitely caught his attention as the fox continued in his delirium tossing a little more. "No.. Stop.. Hiei!" he Jerked his hand back, startled by the terrified outburst, had he somehow hurt his beloved fox? No, he was still sleeping, it was just a fevered nightmare. But what part did the fire demon play in it? "What could you be dreaming fox?" placing a new cloth on Kurama's heated head Hiei resumed his earlier position, stroking the red silk.


-dream-

There Kurama stood in the middle of a dark and dreary forest, blood from his wounds soaking his clothes. Normally he would have the advantage over his foe in such a setting, but not this one, not by far. Waist length raven hair streamed freely down the enemies back, a mask covering his mouth to keep his power in check, long clawed hands had a fire demon be the throat.

"K..Karasue.. Let Hiei go!" "Oh? Is that what you want? But Kurama, it's so much fun to hold the lives of the ones you love over your head". That voice was toying with him and he knew it, but he had to save Hiei "rose..!" "Now is that really wise?!" stopping mid-attack as the evil youkai held his murderous claws right over the fire koorimes throat. "Take another step and you precious little lover bites the dust. Now drop the whip," He had no choice, the yoko was at this bastards mercy, so he dropped the whip. An evil smirk found its way to Karasue's lips, of course hidden by the mask "good boy".

Long black nails dug into the helpless fire youkai's throat drawing a thick steam of blood that flowed down the raven haired ones hand, along with down Hiei's body. "Hiei!" Kurama screamed as the lifeless body was thrown carelessly on the mossy earth, "don't worry kitsune, you'll be able to follow him!" an energy bomb materialized in front of the yoko, shaped like a little eyeball with a mouth "bye bye" it's screechy high pitched voice sang as it blew up.

-End dream-


"Karasue? " the youkai repeated the word that had hardly been above a whisper, as he tried to hold the thrashing fox down, afraid that Kurama would hurt himself if this continued. "Fox wake up! Come on! Kurama!" unfocused jade orbs shot open at the yelling of his name, jolting up in bed Kurama looked wildy about his room, breathing heavily and muttering one name as he looked. "Karasue!.. Where?.." placing his hands down on the fox's shoulders Hiei tried to ease the boy back down "easy kitsune it was just a dream, everything's fine, Karasue is dead, he's not coming back." "Hiei?" why did the fox look so surprised to see him? "Hn, who else kitsune." Kurama threw his arms around the youkai, tears streaming down his flushed face "your alright" needless to say the fire youkai was more then just a little stunned, not that he didn't enjoy the contact. "Of course I'm alright, why wouldn't I be?" "Karasue" 'so that's what his nightmare was about, that bastard still hunts my fox even when he's dead'.

"Shush, he's never coming back, that was all a dream, relax now, it's ok" he said, trying to sooth the fevered fox that was clinging to his chest. The tears slowly stopped and Hiei got Kurama to lye down, wiping away a few lingering tears before checking the fever for improvements, none. Frowning he got up and took the water bowl with the intentions of getting some cooler water "I'll be right back". Fevered eyes watched as Hiei left the room.



"This fever is not going anywhere for awhile, how could he get this sick?" he mussed while turning to rummage through the medicine cabinet for something to help his fox. 'You hardly got sick when you were a complete yoko, in 300 years you maybe got a cough once, so how can you get this bad now?' Eventually Hiei found some Tylenol, hopefully that would help in some way, he grabbed a glass with water and returned to Kurama.

"Come on fox you need to take some medication" a dazed look could be seen in his half lidded eyes but he tried to sit up none the less. It seemed to be a struggle not to fall back down for the kitsune, even though he had shot up with amazing speed five minutes ago, adrenalin rush most likely. Placing some pillows behind Kurama, Hiei helped him sit up all the way and leaned him against the pillows. After helping his fox take the pills he again told him to lay down, "try to get some rest Kurama" ill as he was Kurama managed a weak "no". Hiei sat on the edge of the bed "fox, you need to rest" "he'll.. Come.. Back" 'if that demon weren't already dead I'd kill him myself for this!' Hiei thought angrily. "Kitsune, he's not coming back I told you that already" "but..." "I'll be right here fox, he can't hurt you while I'm around" resorting to comfort rather then logic seemed to help ease the fevered fox a bit. A small smile graced his lips as he fell into a more peaceful sleep, "thank you" was all that was said as Kurama fell fast asleep. "Your welcome, my kitsune" he whispered and gently kissed the others cheek with a smile.


"...Hiei..." oh no, was he having another nightmare? No Kurama still had a small grin on his face. 'Wait, did he...was he awake when I kissed him?!' That sent a strong blush into his face, even though Kurama did seem to be fast asleep. A small cough broke the little youkai out of his thoughts, looking down at his fox he frowned as a bead of sweat rolled down his no longer smiling face. Reaching for the cloth again, he started to trace it along the sick boy's face cooling him down. Another cough followed by a weak moan was heard as Kurama tilted his head towards Hiei "that can't be good".


Chills reeked havoc on the fevered form of the kitsune as he shivered violently under the many covers. Endless coughing fit's tormented and broke the small amount of rest that he managed to get. All that Hiei could do was try and comfort Kurama the best that he could while trying to ease him back to sleep after a coughing fit. The little fire youkai lessened the use of the cool cloth not wanting to worsen the chills with more coldness. In replacement he used a dry cloth to wipe away the sweat beads.

The coughing fits subsided slightly enough that the kitsune could get some semi-decent rest save for the chills. A little fire demon sat idly on the bed, running his fingers through the silken locks. Watching painfully as a fierce set of chills racked the ill form, that was now huddled in a little shivering ball.

Around midnight Kurama woke up to the worst bought of coughing he'd had yet, one hand covered his mouth as the other tried weakly to force him up. Hiei helped him sit up while supporting the red head by letting him lean over his arm. The hacking continued until a faint scent of blood reached the fire youkai's nose, Kurama could feel something wet on his hand but was to dazed to tell what it was. The coughing ebbed away as Kurama tiredly collapsed onto Hiei's chest a stray cough here or there. The smell of blood was even stronger now and Hiei gently moved Kurama's hand from his mouth to find it flecked with blood. "Kurama?!" he yelled worriedly, the only response was the sharp, ragged breathing as Kurama curled into Hiei looking for warmth. Hiei's expression softened as he watched the shivering fox, slowly he wrapped his arms around him, pulling the cold yet hot body closer. "It's alright, shhhh, it's alright", the koorime whispered softly, the kitsune's shivering slowed as he fell asleep in Hiei's warm embrace, (A/N: kawaii!)followed soon after.

Hiei awoke the next morning to someone whimpering in pain.


CLIFFHANGER!!!! don't you just love 'um.

Kurama: hello! What was with that chapter!

Inulover: what do you mean? You didn't get sick

Kurama: well yeah but I'm practically dying here !

Inulover: you've been dying from the very begining -_-U
Kurama: o_o

Inulover: well read and review! Please! Oh and heres some reply's to my other reviewers

Katy123-glad you like it ^_^

Fallen Dark Angel- well I hope that will keep you into the story

Nightshadow- glad that tip worked for you! And thanks for the review I'm glad you like it ^_^

Koritsune dragonrider- long name! @_@ glad you like the story!

Ok, well this time I want.. 5 reviews for the next chappie, and for people who have reviewed you can
review again if you want ^_^
well Bye-bye!