Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ venomis spiders and a fire demons love ❯ the sickness starts ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: nope still don't own anything
Alright the next chappi... now there's something I've noticed, I've had plenty of hits but not ONE review! now come on.. ONE person has to like it so here's the deal, I want at least 1 review before I post the next ch that's not much to ask for so on to the story.
****** =time laps/scene change
'thoughts'
"speaking"
"Good morning ladies and gentlemen ! Are you ready to hear some early morning music." The small clock radio went off as the voice of the announcer woke the sleeping fox up from his peaceful slumber. Tossing slightly, tired emerald eyes opened to be greeted with the morning light that shone through the window. With a small yawn Kurama reached over to switch off the alarm but stopped when a small pain shot through his arm. Hissing slightly he pulled back his arm and sat up 'must have been sleeping on it' with that conclusion he switched off the infernal racket of that stupid clock.

All and all, it was a beautiful day, the sun shone peacefully around the room and the sound of birds reached the yoko's ears. "Hm, Hiei must have left before I got up" he mused while listening to the birds. Hiei rarely stayed in the tree all night, when he did, it was normally because he'd gotten wounded in one way or another.

After getting dressed and going about normal morning rituals (A/N: hair, teeth, ect, won't bore you) he headed downstairs where his kassan was already making breakfast. Upon reaching the bottom of the stairs a wave of dizziness washed over him, room tilting back and forth like he were on a boat. One hand reached out for the banister while the other went up to his head, grimacing at the unpleasant feeling. after a minute the spell passed so Kurama shook it off and continued to the kitchen. "Good morning Suuichi" (A/N: spelling?) Shiori greeted her son, "did you sleep well? you came in rather late last night" "hai kassan, I slept well enough." As Kurama took his seat at the table a plate of eggs was pushed in front of him, the taste was unpleasing but he kept eating so as not to waste the food, at least until it became to sickening to even look at.

struggling to keep down the half plate of eggs that he had eaten, Kurama deposited the rest into the sink "Suuichi?" a worried voice called out. "Hm? I'm fine kassan just not hungry" he responded to the un-asked question that his kassan was sure to ask. "OK, remember, I'll be out on business for a week and won't be here when you get back" "yes, I know don't worry I'll be fine"
In the class room, our favorite little yoko was trying to keep his attention on what the teacher was saying, that wasn't happening though. He grabbed something for his stomach on his way out the door but now he had a headache that didn't want to leave. What did get his attention was when the math final was slammed down in front of him "care to pay attention Suuichi?!" Why did he have to yell! "yes, yes gomen nasai". "Good, now begin!" 'I swear that teacher is out to get me'.

the test just dragged on and on forever, the fact that Kurama's eye sight was blurring didn't help the matter at all. A silent groan escaped him as his stomach lurched, 'that medicine really didn't last long at all'

More time passed as his stomach and headache grew worse. The pencil snapped in two when the nausea grew to be to much to deal with as a shooting pain shot through is gut. A shaky hand rested on his stomach as he got up and was excused to leave the room, in fear that he was going to be sick.
The red head sat on the floor in the bathroom in one of the stalls, the question that went through his mind was "what is wrong with me?" Nothing had happened after he left the room except for dry heaving which only made everything worse. Getting up weakly and leaving the bathroom to head back to class Kurama took a deep breath and entered were he finished his first test, this was going to be a long day.

Next class, another test, not surprising when you consider that this was "final's day" for all the classes but at lest that shortened up the day. Finally, last period English, which was an easy subject for Kurama but with that headache and blurry vision he thought he would be lucky if he had gotten a "-C". Even so he was the first to finish the test and leave, before he was able to gather his things another, strong sick spell came over him. Slamming into the stall and falling to all fours as he heaved up anything and everything, this lasted for a minute or two and then things calmed down slightly. Panting heavily, Kurama flushed the fowl contents and lend against the door. Forcing himself to stop shaking, the same question ran through his mind "what is wrong with me?" "You ok Suuichi? that didn't sound good" a boy from his class inquired "yes, I'm fine, just something I ate" despite the sick spell his voice still remained smooth and calm. "well.. if your sure. but you should get home and rest" "I will, thank you".

To bad that he couldn't do that though, he still had to meet in the park with the gang to go over the new plan. Kurama would have just skipped it if he hadn't have been the only reason that Hiei was going. Unsteadily and slowly he made his way to the park.

"Oi! Kurama! over here!" the spirit detective yelled over upon seeing the yoko. Quickly gathering his composed he greeted them. "For a minute there we thought you'd be a no show, what took you?" "the tests took longer then I thought they would Kuwabara, some of us DO go to school". Leaning heavily against a tree he, yet again, placed his hand over his stomach and slowed his breathing in a feeble attempt to quail the new bought of nausea.

The meeting had begun, Kurama, Hiei noticed, wasn't paying any attention at all to it, none what's so ever. A worried expression crossed the youkai's face as a small bead of sweat trailed down Kuramas face. It was plain as day that something was wrong with the kitsune, a flushed face, his irregular breathing, the glazed look in his emerald eye's. For some reason it seemed that only the fire youkai himself noticed any of it, how could even those two bakas miss it? if not the breathing then at least his sheet white face.

"So what do you guys think? do you agree?" "what?. um. oh yes alright Yusuke" "cool, what about you Hiei?" "hn, whatever". Even though neither of them even knew what they had agreed to Kurama was just glad he could finally leave, it was getting increasingly harder for him to keep his stomach down.

Hiei followed the kitsune all the way home, fliting from tree to tree, it was a wonder that Kurama didn't sense him in the slightest. The red head had a tendency to sway a little in his steps because of the dizziness that he was fighting off, or at least trying to. Unfortunately for Kurama it seemed that a lot of girls kept trying to talk to him, feed up with it all ready he ended up snapping at them to leave him alone, they were not helping his throbbing head in any way. That got them to back off and he reached his house and walked in leaning against the front door. "Finally" he sighed, just then his jade eyes shot open and he raced up the stairs, hand clamped over his mouth leaving the door open for a cute little fire youkai.

Collapsing in front of the porcelain bowl he, again, preceded to emptying out his stomach in a more fierce attack then at school. Hiei stood outside the door, bewildered at the site of his fox on the tiled floor like that, and he still hadn't noticed Hiei. Slowly he made his way over to Kurama and kneeled down beside him, pulling the red locks out of his face with one hand and soothingly rubbing his back with the other. At least he knew that Hiei was there now "easy fox... easy.. it's ok.." Hiei whispered trying to calm the ill kitsune, still rubbing Kurama's back. Despite the youkai being there to comfort the fox his stomach still continued to heave for a good five minutes, gasping for breath every time that he could. The vomiting ended and Kurama just sat on the floor breathing heavily wiping his mouth with some tissues. Hiei got him some water, allowing the teen to get rid of the rancid taste. "Th..thanks.. Hiei" the shaky voice spoke up "it's no problem.. now what's wrong with you?"

Trying to use the same excuse from earlier didn't work. "Don't tell me that because I know it's not true, you haven't eaten anything all day" a bandaged hand reached out to touch the boy's forehead amber eyes widened in realization, Kurama was burning up! "Kitsune no baka! you have a fever! why didn't you stay home!?" "Hiei, please, stop yelling" glancing at the grimacing fox holding his head with one quivering hand, he apologized and lowered his voice. "Now why didn't you stay home?" he asked again "I..I didn't.. think it was anything serious" "What? how could you think that?" another shaky breath. "Nothing really started.. until after..I got to ..school" The fire youkai sighed and flushed the bowl "well whats done is done, let's get you into bed" with that the little youkai helped to steady Kurama until he was lying down covered in the warm blankets.

Touching Kurama's head briefly he left the room in search of a bowl and a cloth to try and bring down the fever but what he came back in to see did not please him. "Kurama! what do you think your doing?! lay back down" " b..but. Hie .Hiei. I" then he got the picture, placing down the water next to the bed he sped across the room bringing back the waste basket. in time too as the fox began to spill his guts again, "I should tie your hair back if this is going to become a pattern", again holding back the red locks and rubbing Kurama's back. This sick wave lasted meer seconds and soon Hiei had the gasping teen lying back down and covered up. Gently wiping away the little sweat beads with the damp cloth Hiei started to explain what was going to be happening until the kitsune was well again.

"you are to stay in bed fox, if you need something I'LL get it for you, alright?" Getting a weak nod in response, he wet the cloth again and placed it on the ill fox's head.

Inulover: yeah first real chappi done! *smiles*^_^

Kurama: why did you have to make me so sick? T_T

Inulover: sorry but it was for the story ^_^U , you won't get sick as much or at all in the next update.

Kurama:*sighs* good, please r+r

Inulover: thats right, not one more chappi until i see at lest one review bye-bye till next time