Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ What Life Brings ❯ Smile ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own YYH or any of the characters. But for those ficlets who contain my original character Mai (see `With Every Drop of Blood' and `Fire Dancer')—I do own her.
 
a/n: I'm just going to give you all a little sampler of all the ideas I couldn't fit into my other stories. Some of these may be AU, some may not, and some might even contain Mai—it's all a surprise!
 
I'm going to try and make sure that these stories run no longer than 600 words or less (if I really have to, I'll stretch the word count, but only if it's necessary)
 
Enjoy!
 
What Life Brings
::Smile::
 
“C'mon, Hiei! Just take one picture with us!”
 
The apparition glowered as he stood apart from his teammates. There was no way in hell that he was going to take any picture—let alone with them.
 
But they just wouldn't shut up about it!
 
“Yeah, Hiei!” Kuwabara called to him, “We just won for crying out loud! You could stand to take at least one!”
 
He snorted, “I doubt it,” he muttered under his breath. They couldn't give him enough demons to kill to make him take a photo with those fools. The only reason he had fought in the damn tournament to begin with was because he was forced to…just like he was forced to restrain from killing off that baka over there…
 
There was suddenly an arm around his shoulders, “Can't you just get rid of that bad-ass attitude for a little bit? All you have to do is smile for one itty bitty second!” Urameshi coaxed.
 
Kurama, who had been standing beside the detective, coughed as he tried to conceal a laugh, “I don't think he knows how to smile, Yusuke…smirk maybe…” he added thoughtfully.
 
The apparition growled under his breath, “Fox—“ he muttered warningly, but didn't have time to finish his threat when he suddenly felt them both grab onto his hands and legs. It took him only a second to comprehend what was happening, “What do you think you're doing!?” he demanded furiously, but both Kurama and the detective were too busy dragging him off towards the others.
 
By the time they had set him down, the rest of the team had already positioned themselves in front of the camera. Hiei frowned and folded his arms over his chest. He glanced away from the ogre holding the camera as he raised it up to his eyes.
 
If any of these idiots tried to use this picture against him, he swore to himself that he would wring each of their feeble little necks and rip apart their body until all that remained was a bleeding, gory heap of their pitiful guts. It was bad enough he was taking the damn photo, but there was no way that he would ever—
 
“Smile!”