Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ What Words Cannot Say ❯ Human Nature ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

It only took a day for the two demons to soon be back on their feet. Aeka was surprised to see them walking around the next day when she planned on going back down to the infirmary to visit them.
 
I am amazed, Aeka signed to Jin as they sat out in the forest area with one another yet again. Can a demon really heal that fast?
 
Jin shrugged, skipping a rock across the calm lake watching the ripples form from the pebble's dance. “Well, Urameshi didn't really hit me so I would die on the spot. And your team mate, Kurama, didn't hit anything that important in Touya so he was able to live.” Turning his attention back to her he smiled, “So I guess we can heal pretty fast depending on the damage inflicted on my body.”
 
I saw your attacks.
 
Jin smiled briefly seeing her sign that. “Bet you think I am a freak now, eh?”
 
Aeka laughed shortly as she jabbed him gently in the arm. I thought you were a freak when I first met you, Jin.
 
His smile became a bit brighter once she signed that to him.
 
You were always friendly and wanting to be my friend…that is freakish, Aeka continued to joke.
 
“Yeah, I know I am weird. Touya tells me all the time,” Jin remarked with a slight laugh.
 
When the two were through laughing at one another for a little bit, Aeka decided to ask about all he could do since she had witnessed it within the fighting ring. Tapping on his shoulder, she got him to look at her once more as she asked, What was that—where the wind circled your arm?
 
“I taught that to myself. It's called Tornado Fist. I can rotate my arm in a fast circle and it causes the wind to form into a miniature tornado,” He explained. “If I hit a person or just miss them, it sends them flying or, if they are extremely weak, kills them in one blow pretty much.”
 
Wow, Aeka signed looking at him wide eyed. That is amazing! What else can you do?
 
Jin looked up at the sky for a bit trying to think about his attacks before looking back into her eyes. “Well, I can create a wall of wind around me to block off all attacks hurled at me and redirect them as I see fit—that's called Wind Barrier and I can fly which you have seen and experienced.”
 
I never really thought wind could be used to fight with… Aeka signed keeping her eyes on him. That is really unique.
 
“Well, demons are `unique' creatures compared to humans,” Jin said, messing up her white hair.
 
Looking down at the lake water Aeka's smile turned into a worried frown for a minute.
 
Jin caught it wondering what happened or what he had done wrong to make her enchanting smile disappear.
 
I was worried about you when you hit the ground so hard…I thought for sure you had died, she eventually signed keeping her eyes off of him.
 
Shaking his head as he smiled softly, Jin brought his arm around Aeka, bringing her close to his chest. Kissing her on top of her head, he swayed with her a little bit to help calm her worries on the matter.
 
She didn't fight him even though she was surprised by this reaction to what she had to say. Placing her hand on his chest she closed her eyes for a little bit not wanting to look at him at the moment feeling a bit embarrassed announcing her feelings.
 
Taking his finger he tipped her chin up so she would look at him. “I don't die that easily, Aeka.”
 
The smile that spread across her face showed that she was relieved and Jin was relieved to see it once again since he always adored it. As he sat there holding her close to him, Jin began to wonder if he should ask her about being his wife again. “Aeka?” He started, rubbing her side. “Can I speak to you about something?”
 
Aeka's smile turned into a worried frown wondering what had crossed his mind. Sure, she signed, continuing to gaze into his eyes. What is on your mind?
 
Using his free hand to scratch the back of his neck he hesitated before asking again. “When this tournament is over…I want you to come with us to Makai.”
 
Aeka looked at him surprised wondering what to think of that. You-You want me to come to Hell with you…Or us—who is `us'?
 
Jin gripped lightly onto her hands seeing she was getting a bit petrified of the idea. “Us is Touya, Chuu, and Rinku.”
 
Chuu and Rinku? Aeka asked wondering who these people were.
 
Jin nodded, his red hair getting in his face. “Yeah—Chuu is a drunkard who doesn't know his left from right with a blue Mohawk and Rinku is his sidekick who is about wee big and sports a funny hat.”
 
Snapping her fingers, Aeka pointed at Jin, barely touching his nose. I think I know who you are talking about!
 
Jin raised his brows at her a bit surprised wondering when and where since she never witnessed that first fight which was Yuske vs. Chuu.
 
When I was trying to get to your fight, a guy with a blue Mohawk and a boy with brown hair and a funky pink and yellow hat helped me inside.
 
Jin nodded once at the description, “That's them. Your brother beat down Chuu and spared his life. But-” Jin waved his arm as if trying to get rid of the conversation that got off the topic. “-that's beside the point. Aeka, I—.”
 
Aeka raised her hand to stop Jin from going any further and she closed her eyes so she wouldn't see what he was about to ask. Jin, she eventually signed looking into his hopeful blue eyes, I don't know yet, ok?
 
“What's not to know?” He asked a bit angered.
 
Aeka could see in his eyes the anger that was building there but sighed not doing anything. She was scared if she said anything else, he would get so mad, he would storm off and leave her—the worse thing he could do to her right now even if she couldn't clearly see she was pushing him away.
 
“You love me, don't you?” Jin asked, looking at her bemused.
 
Of course I do! She signed quickly before punching him as hard as she could in the arm.
 
Jin didn't flinch or move thinking she was just giving him a baby punches again.
 
Knowing she couldn't hurt him, she sighed heavily before running her fingers through her hair a bit to move it out of her face before bothering to sign once more to him. I don't know what to do just yet, Jin…
 
“Why do you say that when you starved yourself once I left the Human World?” Jin asked still confused by her actions.
 
The young girl looked over at the lake that was right beside them narrowing her eyes a bit wondering how she should explain this. Looking back at Jin who was eagerly awaiting an answer she exhaled yet again, raising her hands to sign her response. Humans are weird creatures…I am sure your demon friends have told you that much. We can never be truly satisfied. We always want something we can't have and even when we get it, we still want something else.
 
“What are you trying to say…do you want somebody else?”
 
My point is—I may love you Jin and want to be with you more than anything but…I will miss my family if I am with you, Aeka finally clarified for him.
 
Jin grabbed onto her hands to prevent her from signing anymore disappointing words he may witness. “Aeka, you need to decide before this tournament ends. Once it ends-”
 
Aeka's heart was going pretty fast when she heard his lips form such words fearing what he may say next.
 
“-Touya, Chuu, Rinku, and I…are leaving regardless, love. And this will be the last time you get to see me…”
 
Having to see him say that made Aeka's heart shatter into pieces. She didn't want to be alone without Jin by her side again but she couldn't just pick up and leave her mother and brother either. Either way she was stuck—just like watching the battle between Jin and her brother. It was a double edged sword situation and either way, she would be cut deep by her final decision.
 
Seeing tears flow down her cheeks made Jin feel miserable inside. Taking the back of his hand, he wiped them away best he could wishing for once she would be happy since he was there with her once again. “Again with the tears?” Jin asked a bit sadly.
 
God dammit, she signed with her shaking hands. I don't understand it…I never cried like a freaking baby before I knew you!
 
“You don't like to cry?”
 
Aeka found that to be an odd question but she answered it never the less. Yes! I hate to cry…it shows how weak I am!
 
Jin found this rather odd but questioned it, “You think crying is a sign of weakness…?”
 
Aeka looked at him with a sarcastic look with her red wet eyes, Let me guess. You are going to tell me that it's not a weakness but a strength of some kind, right?
 
“Well,” Jin shrugged looking off to the side for a bit, “Truth be known, I cried when Risho beat the living shit out of me for being in love with you.”
 
Aeka looked at him in surprise. The look was mainly from not having heard that before. She was unaware that his leader beat him once they got back to Makai the first time they met. He beat you? Aeka signed with worry in her expression.
 
“Yeah—Whoops. Guess I forgot to tell you,” He stated softly with a brief smile.
 
I can't believe he did that to you! Aeka signed getting furious at the thought.
 
The demon scrunched up his face trying to express that it wasn't that bad. “Nah-Risho is just one of those demons who despise humans as I told you once before.” Reaching over, Jin moved her long white hair out of her way, smiling. “Don't let it worry you. I am fine and he is gone and will never bother me again.”
 
Sighing, Aeka got to her feet making Jin wonder what was on her mind. She stretched slightly, having her pink shirt come up a little bit to reveal her tummy. Well, Aeka eventually replied with her hands, not to blow you off or anything but I need to check on Kurama and the others. I was worried about that plant Kurama managed to get into this body. He is a strange demon…
 
Jin got up with her smiling softly as he did so. “It's ok. I need to get back to what's left of my team.”
 
Sounds good to me, Aeka responded with a faked smile.
 
Not wanting her to leave him without a last few words, the wind master gripped onto her wrist lightly preventing her from leaving just yet. “Please, Aeka. I want you to at least think about coming with me and the guys to Makai.” The young girl was about to sign something but whatever it was Jin stopped her yet again as he gripped onto her hands before they could sign a single word. “Please think about it. I want you to stay by my side. I don't want to think I was a fool coming here to get you again.”
 
Aeka didn't have time to say anything to that once Jin released her hands. Using his wind powers, he lifted himself up and off toward the hotel leaving Aeka with her thoughts. But I am not sure what I want…that's part of human nature. And, unfortunately, I am human.
 
 
--------------------------
 
 
Jin shut the door slowly behind him as he entered the room he and Touya shared catching the ice master's attention. “Why open the door so sadly?” Touya questioned folding up his outfit on the bed. “Things didn't go well with Aeka?”
 
Jin shrugged walking over to his bed so he could sit down for a change. Falling backward, he wrapped his arms behind his head as he landed on the bedcovers. “She says she's not certain on whether she wants to come with me to Makai or not.”
 
Around that moment, the door opened after a knock or two making Chuu and Rinku come waltzing in. “'Ello, you two,” Chuu said, waving at the two demons who survived. “Thought we'd stop by for a bit to see if you two were checken out since you lost as well.”
 
Turning to his side angrily at Chuu's intrusion Jin huffed, “We are packing.”
 
“What's up his ass?” The taller demon asked Touya.
 
“Give her a break, Jin,” Touya replied, sitting down on his bedside ignoring Chuu and Rinku for the time being. “Thanks to us, she has a family and she doesn't want to leave it behind. I'd think you of all people would understand how rough that is.”
 
“Thanks to you guys?” Rinku rephrased looking between the two demons. “What exactly did you do and who are you talking about?”
 
Thinking it was really not that important, Touya sighed getting to his feet as he grabbed his things looking at the two survivors of the Rokuyukai Team. “Aeka Urameshi isn't blood related to Yuske Urameshi…that is all you need to know. I am going to check us out-” Turning his attention to Jin he continued, “-I'd suggest that you get your things together, Jin. We are moving into the other hotel soon.”
 
Since they had lost and the next fight would be held in another fighting arena, the fighters and watchers had to move to another hotel closer to this arena location. “Humph,” Jin snorted irritably, “Who needs to live in a luxurious hotel such as this?”
 
“Soooo,” Rinku began scooting over closer to where Jin was. “Does Yuske know this?”
 
“Of course he doesn't,” Jin answered with his eyes closed, supporting his head in his palm as he lie on his side. “We rescued Aeka from a bunch of demons that destroyed her village and her parents didn't make it. We eventually found Urameshi's apartment and dropped her off at his doorstep.”
 
“And it appears the little Shelia has captured your heart as well,” Chuu pointed out.
 
“Good eye,” Jin remarked sarcastically not moving from his spot on the bed.
 
“Well, why don't you tell her that she's not related to Urameshi?” Chuu suggested, plopping down on the nearest chair for a bit. “Maybe then she would come with you.”
 
“That's being a bit selfish, don't you think?” Jin asked finally looking over his shoulder at the taller demon. “I am not going to force Aeka to go to Makai against her will.”
 
“You're a fool,” Rinku growled behind Jin's back.
 
Jin's blue eyes met with Rinku's aquatic not saying anything. Of course, his eyes conveyed his feelings fairly well and it caused Rinku to glare even harder at the wind master. Looking out the window for a bit he sighed heavily. I don't want to force her to join me if that is her wish…that is how much I love her. Or am I being a fool as Rinku says?
10/8/2004