Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ When Death Knocks ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Death.
Cold. Bottomless. Unforgiving.
Is this what it feels like? Does dieing make you so cold?
Freezing.
I'm freezing, even though I'm wearing warm clothing last time I checked. Then again, I think I'm fading slowly. Slowly.
Sinister dragon of my soul: Release me from this world!! Remove me from existence!! Erase my memory from everyone!!
Kill me.
Kill me, and I will serve you, just like you've served me. I'm going to die soon anyhow, so kill me now.
KILL ME!!!
The pit is endless. Dark and dank to the point of a black-hole. My mind is corrupt, stained, torn. I need to escape this pitiful life and be tossed into oblivion. Dieing is cold. You've never felt such a vile, bitter, nipping cold. I feel no pain.
Let me die, NOW!!
I'm freezing over and I'm screaming silently. My screams are invisible to anyone and everyone. My cries are pained with agony and suffering. My soul is shattering and I'm braking. I'm crumbling into a million pieces, my shards to sharp to pick up.
Soon I know I'll wake from this black dream. I know I will. This chilling cold is nothing, it's all fake. My soul is not tearing, but healing. My spirit is not falling, but rising. I'm not demon, I'm an angel. A dark, fallen, corrupt angel.
Suddenly I know I'm not sleeping.
I'm dieing, cold and solid…and alone.
DRAGON!!!
KILL ME, PLEASE!! LET ME END MY SUFFERING!!! Let me pass and be heavily forgotten. Let me die and never see light or hear the rain again.
Let. Me. DIE.
But, then, she's in my mind. Blue and pink. Why do I see her?
NO!! She's holding me back. She's pulling me to her!!
The witching hour is near, and by then I must be gone. I must be dead. I must. I won't rest until I see my own blood surrounding me. Where's the dragon? Aren't you going to kill me? Or are you making me do it myself?
The darkness surrounds me more while I heave a negative 284 degree breath.
She's screaming my name… She's trying to help me…
Don't try to fix me, I'm not broken. Hello? I'm not broken. I'm just…
Dead.
Almost, that is.
Don't cry for me, love. I can't see you, but I know who you are. I'm dark and dank, sinking into the pits of Hell in black blood. I'm going to die, I'm going to die, I'm dieing so that I may smile. I may see the brightness, but always will I love the dark.
How can I love the dark, when I love the light though? Is it my humanity that keeps me here? I want to die, dammit.
I WANT TO DIIIIEEEE!!!
 
Black. Dark. Deep. Banned.
 
Voices. I can't hear them well, but I understand.
“He is__is this__you sure?” Damn.
Why do I breathe? I don't want to be breathing. Great, my visions whacked, but she's coming to me, pony-tail bobbing side-to-side.
She cries my name, but I can't hear her. I close my eyes again, trying to either sleep or die. Now she's shouting at the fools in white…
“I thought you__gone and then__found you and then__oh I thought__died.” That's about all I can interpret when she talks to me. She doesn't know I'm awake…good. Maybe I can die now.
Death, I need it.
“I love you.”
Huh?
Repeat that, onna.
You say, you love me? Maybe I heard wrong, Miss Angel, but did you just say that… Oh Kami you did.
“How do I know you're alive, __?” Sad, I can't hear my name.
I'll answer her question: If I get up and kiss you.
I wish I could, but I'm so weak. So, my only option is:
“I'm still here. All that's left of yesterday.” Wow, that came out good.
“….Hiei?”
“Hn.”
“Hiei?”
“What?”
“OH, HIEI!!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
When Death Knocks-Prologue -- YHH -- “Death. Cold. Bottomless. Unforgiving. Is this what it feels like? Does dieing make you so cold?” When death knocks, what do you do? HB - R