Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ When Death Knocks ❯ Sisters ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 4:Sisters
 
 
“Hiei, this is very important.” Koenma repeated to me. I nodded my head, but I glared at him. He was wasting my time. Wasting our time. I flick my eyes down at my sleeping angel. She needs explanations from me, she needs so many of them.
And this toddler is wasting time.
“Get on with it, pacifier-breath.” I mutter. His eyes don't change; they just hold that serious stare that usually meant that someone was in deep shit.
“Hiei, Botan is like my baby sister, understand?” he asks. I nod again. “I feel things for her just like you do with Yukina. I can't stand to see her with somebody I can't stand to be around and her falling for them to make it worse. I'm sure you can relate to this, being Kuwabara's girlfriend's big brother.” I twitch.
“Don't remind me.” I hiss. I'm still trying to probe his mind, but the Jagan's screwed up. Koenma straightens up.
“Good, you comprehend. Now, of all people she's known, the last, most unstandable person to see her with,” he looks off to the left, “is undoubtly,” he looks dead set into my eyes, “you, Hiei Jaganshi.” I continue to listen, holding down any and all growls. “This, this new chapter in our makeshift book is going to be a hard one to write and carry on writing, Hiei. We are the writers, and some of us can't keep writing until our block has faded. Others, however, can write and write and write without any care in the three worlds.” Koenma looks at Botan.
“Your point?” I ask.
“My point is, Hiei,” he looks back at me, “that you two are going to have to write this whole chapter on your own. Maybe even start your own book. Start a life with each other. Begin to live, Hiei. Begin to love her and hold her at every moment. Caress her. Comfort her. Care for her. Love her. She is the most important person in my life, and I would die if I saw that her fragile heart was broken by someone whom I put all my faith, all my trust into to take care of her against all my own wishes.” I feel something inside me, like I've been shot with an arrow.
“…I understand.” I say, looking the Reikai Prince straight in the eye.
“I hope you do. I know there are many things in your life that would prevent you from ever trusting someone with all your soul. I know that there are numerous things that you wish you could change, but you can't. I know what it feels like to feel as if your baby sister is being taken away from you by a stranger. Hiei, take care of my little Botan, she's the only angel I've got.”
For some reason, I don't feel like killing him for calling her “his” little Botan. “His” angel. I know what he's talking about, I know everything about sisters. I understand where this idiot's coming from. I can relate to his concern….
Yukina…..
“No need to fear, toddler. You can be assured,” I say in a positive tone, “that this angel is going to be perfectly fine.” Koenma smiles.
“I know, Hiei. I know. I trust you to take care of her through thick and thin, through the good times and the bad, through every storm that comes your way. I believe that you can take care of her better than any other man. I can see you protecting her when she's defenseless, holding her when she's scared, and loving her as long as you both live. But, be warned, if you hurt her, make her cry, make her sad, I will kill you, Mister Hiei Jaganshi.” he tells me, his tone like ice at the end. I don't change my face.
“If I do anything to hurt her, I'll have killed myself before you even get word.” I tell him, true as hell. He frowns.
“As much as I'm relieved by your commitment,” Koenma says, “I'd prefer it if you'd kept suicide away from your vocabulary.”
“I can't promise you that.”
“Why not?”
“I'm suicidal, Koenma.” He looks at me with a death glare. “But that's not going to stop me from taking care of my little angel, ever.” I add for my own sanity. He seems shocked by my emotions being layed out in front of him.
“I see.” he mumbles. Then he turns, heading for the door. “Hiei,” I look at him, “take care of my little sister, she means everything to me.” Koenma's gone, and I'm left with my sleeping angel. I love her so much, and there's nothing I wouldn't do to protect her. After all, now that I think about it, I'm going to have to give a speech to the oaf, too.
Damn.
Sometimes, I love being a brother so much, that I'd die just to stay that way.
And now I get to put my life on the line for Botan, my angel, and Yukina, my sweet sister. They mean the world to me. Both of them. I love them.
I'd do anything for them. I'd cry. I'd laugh. I'd die for them.
Unfortunately, the toddler and I have something in common now.
Shit.