Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ When Death Knocks ❯ Ai'shetru ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 3: Ai'shetru
 
 
I don't know how long I kissed her, but when I pulled away, we were breathless and her eyes sparkled.
“I love you, too, Botan.” I breathe in her ear. She smiles.
“Ai'shetru.”
“Ai'shetru.” We kiss again. Soon my fingers found their way into her silky hair and tangled themselves in it. Botan's did the same with me.
“Hey! How ya doin', Hi—” Yusuke's voice boomed laughingly. Botan and I broke away, red racing to our cheeks.
“Uhh…umm… Hello, Yusuke!” Botan cheers up and sits up with one of her perky smiles.
“Where…you and…Hiei, uh…kissing?!” Yusuke exclaims. I sit up, too. Might as well tell everyone before the detective does.
“Yes. And it matters to you, why?” I ask. Yusuke's jaw practically falls to the floor.
“You…Hiei, fire-demon-who-kills-anything-that-gets-in-his-way-and-is-purely-emotionles s…and…Botan, bubbly-and-annoying-“Grim”-Reaper-who-loves-and-cherishes-every -freaking-moment?!!” he yells. Me and the onna nod. I'll admit, the look on the detective's face is priceless.
“Once again, do you have a problem?” I ask tauntingly. Yusuke recovers only slightly while he's still looking from me to Botan.
“Uh, I…I really…I really don't know.” he finally answers. Then he rushes right out the door, closing it behind him. Botan blinks her large eyes.
Kami, I hate it when she does that. It makes my stomach twist.
“Where on Earth do you think he's going?” she asks. I shrug.
“Most probably to the kitsune, the oaf and the toddler.” Botan smiles at me.
“Hiei, while we still can breathe” she says with a blush, “I want to know…why the guys are saying that you're trying to kill yourself.” I knew that would come up.
“Do you not believe them?”
“…No. I don't. Hiei, give me reasons that why you'd wanna do that.”
“I do want to kill myself. I'm not as sure now, but I know that suicide will come up later in my life.” I don't like the look in her eyes.
“H…Hiei. Tell…tell me….tell me why.”
“…It's complicated, Botan. I-I was just…bored, I guess you could say. There're no more opponents that I can't beat, no more reason to fight, nothing.”
“Hiei, you can't kill yourself just because you're bored! Besides,” Botan says and wraps her arms around my neck, “I love you. I don't want to some day come home and find you dead.” I can feel her warmth. Her care. Her love.
Then I'll make sure you won't find me, love. I think sadly.
“Botan, another reason I wanted to was,” I begin and put my left arm around her, “that I thought you'd ferry me to Hell. Then, right before I'd go, I whisper in your ear.”
“What would you whisper?” I bend my head down to her ear.
“I love you, Botan. I've loved you since we've met. Before I knew your name, I loved you. Botan, love, ai'shetru.” I whisper. I can feel her warming-cheek against mine. I pull my head away, but just to where our breaths dance. “Then I'd give you something.”
“What?” she asks, breathless. I dip my head down and capture her lips once more. They're so soft, so warm, so…delicious. Why have I chosen to experience this now? How did I ignore this gentle, loving being?
“That's what.” I whisper, my lips still tingling. Botan's eyes start to form water. I kiss them away. “Don't cry. Don't let any kind of liquid ever fall from your beautiful eyes.” I tell her. She sniffles, and then she smiles brightly.
“I promise.”
“Good.” I try to hold her better, but there's too much pain in my arms. She giggles, a sign that she's very amused.
“Here.” she says softly and leans into my chest to where my arms can secure her to me. My eyes start to droop, but not from tiredness. I lean my lips to the top of her head, and she giggles again.
We just sit there for a while, taking in the others affection. Then, just when the silence was getting even more comforting as Botan naps in my arms, the door slams open.
“SEE!!” Yusuke shouts. Kuwabara and Koenma tumble in, trying to look at me and Botan. I really, really want to kill them.
“WOAH!! Urameshi wasn't lying!! Holy shit!” Kuwabara exclaims. I don't know why I can't take my arms off of Botan, they're, they're…
Holy shit they're stuck.
The baby doesn't say anything, just stands there and ignores the fact that his pacifier's just hit the ground. Then Kurama strides right in, an annoyingly happy smile on his face.
“Hiei, did she fall asleep again?” he asks while he comes to my bedside.
“Obviously.” I mutter.
“Then why don't you let me take her to the couch?”
“I think she's better off here, fox.” I growl.
“Then at least let her lay down properly so that her neck doesn't cramp.” he says quietly. Damn, I want to kill him for emphasizing “neck”.
“Kurama.”
“Yes?”
“My arms won't move.”
There's a weird moment of silence that would most probably make a good humor insertion.
“Uh…Yusuke! Go get Dr. Hiromi. Kuwabara, go get some bandages from the first aid box. Koenma…pick up your pacifier and get me another pillow.” Kurama orders kindly. The humans have made him too soft. The detective, oaf, and toddler go do as they're told and are back within a coupla minutes.
“What seems to be the problem?” the doctor asks. Very much lower C-Class demon. Kurama answers.
“His arms have seemed to have frozen into place, Hiromi-san.”
“Ah, well, you just can't feel them, Jaganshi-sama.” I have to smirk a bit for this piece of demon trash knowing my authority.
“Then move them.” I state. The doctor sweatdrops and gets Kurama to because he's “got to finish paper work”. After Botan's in a more comfortable position, I'm re-bandaged and pissed.
“So, you and Botan, eh?” Yusuke asks with a wide grin.
“Yes. Any of you fuckers have a problem?” Yes, I am protective.
“Chill, man. Sheesh!”
“Hn.”
“If anyone doesn't mind, I'd wish to speak to Hiei alone.” All of us turn our heads to Koenma. His face is stone serious, and he's still sucking on that god damned pacifier.
“I mind! I didn't get ta tease the shrimp!!” the oaf objects.
“Please, just you being within a 200 mile radius of me is annoying enough.” I say darkly. Yusuke and Kurama get “a kick out of that one”. Kami, I've started having a sense of humor and ningen terms stuck in my head.
Eventually, the kitsune, detective, and oaf are out, and the toddler is looking me straight in the eyes.
“Hiei, what we are about to talk about is very important for your future.” he says.
“Then get on with it then. I've got to move on with my life if what you're going to tell me affects it in any sort of way.”
“This is no time to get arrogant, Hiei!” he shouts. I don't change my expression. “Hiei,” Koenma starts again after taking a deep breath, “you have to listen to me as much and as closely as you can or else I'll have to repeat it.”
“I'm all ears.” And Jagan eye.