Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Who's Shuichi? ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own Yu-Yu-Hakusho….. I just about own this piece of paper let alone a show!

--------

Four o'clock in the morning
My mind's filled with a thousand
thoughts of you
And how you left without warning
But looking back I'm sure you tried to
talk it through

Now I see it so clearly
We're together but living separate lives

So I wanna tell you I'm sorry
Baby I can't find the words
But if I could, then you know I would

Now I won't let go, know what we can be
I won't watch my life, crashing down on me
Guess I had it all, right there before my eyes
Girl I'm sorry now, you were the last thing
on my mind

You carried me like a river
How far we've come still surprises me
And now I look in the mirror (look in the mirror)
Staring back is the man
I used to be, with you
How I long for you

Now I won't let go, know what we can be
I won't watch my life, crashing down on me
Guess I had it all, right there before my eyes
Girl I'm sorry now, you were the last thing
on my mind

Girl I'm sorry I was wrong
could have been there
Should have been so strong, so I'm sorry

Now I won't let go, know what we can be
I won't watch my life, crashing down on me
Guess I had it all, right there before my eyes
Girl I'm sorry now, you were the last thing
on my mind (repeat)

-----Last Thing On My Mind by Ronan Keating feat. Leanne Rimes-----

A/N: Wow! I'd never thought I'd get this far with this story! Even though some ppl thought it was bland - hey, it's a bit of a girly fic so sue me if I just wanted to do something different and ordinary instead. What's wrong with that? Please keep in mind that no one's perfect.

I also do apologise for Kurama's Oc-ness #Bows a thousands times# and thanks to jh_lover17, at least I've got some insight to what he's like…..

However, please take note that this does come under the Humour genre and when watching 6.vols of DVD [and only 3 manga], that's how he was portrayed to me (you could also say that this is how Mina sees him - that's what it said in the summery 'through the eyes of Mina').

Surely you wouldn't think of me wrong at this stage if I thought differently than the next person. But yes, I will compromise & try to develop him into character.

On a lighter note #smiles # I would like to say thanks to my wonderful reviewers for continuing to review me! And if you want to know why these lyrics have any relevance to this chapter…you'll see soon enough

Enjoy!! I does get better near the end of this chappie!

#blah# = actions

[Blah] = scenes

-------------------------------

"Mina wait up!" Is that Keiko? I swerved myself around (and nearly fell over with dizziness) to face her. I wasn't exactly in one of my cheery moods today due to a few things, hmmm let's think….Sui got me into big-time trouble for not attending PE ( she said to Mr Iwoa that I had threatened to snap her arm in half) and for the fact that Yusuke and Kuwabara had dropped a bombshell on me…..

Troubled, I ran my fingers through my hair to try and calm myself down. There's no need to get mad at Keiko because she had nothing to do with it. When she caught up with me we walked back to her place.

"I didn't realise he had a girlfriend, did you?" I asked, avoiding the truth that I was both worried and stricken with jealousy/guilt.

"I was much in the dark as you Mina. He seemed happy about it though, buying her flowers, chocolates and even opening the doors for her. He didn't even fall over not once!"

"Uhh Keiko? He doesn't 'do' clumsy, I keep telling you. He's just trying to look for a girl's sympathy…."

There was a few minutes silence before Keiko sighed.

"Mina, why do you always pick fault at him? Kurama's not that bad. He'll end up hating you at this rate…."

Hating me….a slight pang of the ever so popular 'heartache' that I would experience when I was around him surged though me again. With my bangs covering my hurt face I mumbled.

"What if he already does? It's not as if I was being nice to him 'cause I wasn't….he'd probably be glad that he won't have to see my face around the temple anymore since he'll have 'what's-her-face' there now."

"Don't think like that Mina! He doesn't hate you at all so you can stop the negative thoughts! Besides, you did in a way say that you only liked him as a friend the other day…."

Yeah, the other day when I just got back home and Mrs Minamino and my mum was talking about their school life. Of course Kurama wasn't there but I was messaging Keiko, Botan and Tsuki at the time.

[Keiko's house]

Ah, quarter to six and managed to finish our homework #does the happy dance# Yay! It's R+R time!

Whilst Keiko was drawing up her schedule, I sat on the edge of her bed, staring out of the crystal-clear glass windows.

"So what is she like?" Almost throwing the question up as if it was vomit.

Keiko slowly glanced at me; she's probably trying to see what was going on inside my head. Hmmmm….Let's see…KuramaKuramaKuramaKurama!

"She seems nice. Polite, sincere and according to him, she appreciates it when he does things for her -"

"In other words, she's nothing like me…"

"No, but -"

"It's ok Keiko; I know when it's time to call it quits."

"Mina…" Her eyes were serious when she looked at me with determination

"I know your secret ….You're actually in love with Kurama; it's not like a little crush you make it out to be…"

"Eck! K-Keiko?? Y'knowme!? I can't stand him!"

"You mean you can't stand him not being anyone else's than yours…."

#sweatdrops# "You make me sound like a stalker…."

Slumping my back against the wallpaper I began to mumble; am I that obvious? Can people tell how I feel about someone just by looking at me? No. But then again I haven't been able to keep up with my studies, because…because….

"Why don't you call him Mina? Tell him how you feel…."

I felt so numb when she said that.

"Can't; I've also got that 'other' problem remember?"

"What? Is it because your mum grounded you for accidentally flooding the living room?"

I cocked one of my eyebrows up at her.

"Noooooooooooooooooooo……..although that's part of it, due to the fact that I now owe her just over 40,000 Yen in repairs and such….It's the Yoko problem as well?"

"Ohhh I see, I'll have to talk to Botan and - "

"No!" My hand tried to gag her. "I can handle this, I don't want others to worry about me the way my mother does. I was raised up in the same area as Yusuke and you lot, so let me prove that I can tackle this situation. I'll see you tomorrow ok? We're going on a field trip tomorrow anyways."

Lifting my hand away from her I began to get up to make my way to the door, not realising that she had sent an E-mail earlier when I was helping her parents lay the table out and such.

[Mina's house]

Mum was outside, chain smoking again and on the phone to Shori, why the hell must they spend hours upon hours talking on the bloody phone JUST to ask each other about going out to some swanky restaurant??? And what's with the 'Hush-hush' all of the sudden? And why is it a MUST that I spend the night over the Minamino's house just to keep an eye on the washing machine?

Ridiculous.

"Mina! You haven't left the gas oven on have you??"

"SHIT!! MUM!!!! Why didn't do it yourself before you left for work??!"

"Sweetheart, I was busy and you weren't exactly helpful with your moping about….."

# growling # "I was not moping! And I've found your lighter!"

"Thanks, now mina whatever you do, don't - "

# BOOM! #

"-Light it……"

Our house was now a burning hell-hole, if it wasn't for the fact that we're outside in the front porch just as I sparked it, we would have been burnt to cinders….not that we didn't look like chimney pots….

"MY HOUSE!!!"

"AHHH!! THE ESSAYS I OWE!! I'm so dead!!!"

"Mina, I know this looks bad…."

"I'm gonna die, I'm actually gonna die from being DT'd too much!"

"I hope the Minamino family will let us stay for a while since this was your fault…."

"You are kidding right??"

"Nope, and we're going to ask them right now!"

I swear, someone up there…. is plotting against me…..

--------------------------

A/N: ouuu I wonder how Mina's gonna cope being around Kurama since he's got a girlfriend? Ok, read & review please! Next chapter, expect comedy….Occ-ness and some embarrassing moments. Hence that's why the style of writing has changed.