Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Wind Knoll's Curse ❯ Chapter 6

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author's Notes: Bleh, I am sorry guys. Classes started again for me and I have four to take. Three are sort of simple but one is a type of accounting I have to do so I might be studying really hard on it. I have only a few more classes until I graduate and then I will be free to find a job. Thank the gods above. X_X anyways, enjoy this chapter.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------
 
Scarlet continued to tremble at the beast that towered over her. She kept the items tightly clutched to her chest as she shrunk back from the sight of the demon that stood within a few inches of her quivering form. The silver tresses of the demon flowed and seemed to blend with the vapor that had covered the town. He almost appeared as a spirit to Scarlet as she continued to eye him fearfully.
 
The ears of the demon shifted forward as his narrow, yellow eyes continued to criticize Scarlet. “Where is she?” He demanded to know once more as the silver haired creature remained before her with his fists clutched at his sides.
 
“Who—who are you talking about?” Scarlet asked once more silently as there were people who were nearby that obviously couldn't see the awkward looking beast there on the sidewalk. “What are you?”
 
The demon said not another word as he disappeared quickly from the fog he came from. The thick mist clouded back up the area once more, making it difficult for anyone to see the streets until the wind finally came by to spread out the fog evenly. Scarlet tried to get the feeling back into her legs that went numb from the previous encounter. Gathering what strength she had, she quickly headed back down the misty concrete sidewalk before her to get back to the store.
 
Blossom was behind the counter at the Black Magic Store while flipping the pages of a magazine before her. Her palm resting upon her cheek with her elbow upon the counter to support her head that was growing heavy with boredom and hunger, a yawn escaped through her mouth that was interrupted with the ringing of the bell at the front door. Her soft blue eyes catching the rattled Scarlet, Blossom pulled her attention from the magazine resting on the counter she was attending to.
 
“Scarlet, what is the matter?” She asked as she rounded the counter to grab the items she thought for sure Scarlet might drop.
 
Scarlet said not a word at the moment as she nearly attacked Blossom when she was snapped from the shock filled trance she was within. Walking behind the counter where she saw Blossom standing last, she sat upon the chair that was there.
 
Blossom took the food and placed it on the front desk next to the cash register before quickly jogging to Scarlet's side in wonder of what startled her so bad. “Scarlet, you look paler than usual,” she slightly joked as she shook the girl gently. “What happened?”
 
Scarlet opened her mouth to try and find her voice as she shook her head several times. “I—I don't know…,” she managed to surface from her lips. “A big silver haired demon came out of the fog and started demanding to know where this blond haired girl was!”
 
Hearing of the silver haired demon she encountered, Blossom blinked a few times in surprise as she placed her hand on Scarlet's shoulder to get the startled woman to look at her. “Scarlet, was the demon seven feet tall or so,” she gestured with her hands, “and did he have cat like ears that blended in with his hair? Did he have a bushy tail of silver as well?”
 
Jin was still within the store and could hear the girls conversing as he made his way to the end of one of the aisles of the building. He recognized the description but said not a word while continuing to eavesdrop.
 
“Yes, yes,” the frightened Scarlet answered with a furious nod of her head. She brought her head to her hands to try and settle herself from where she sat. The thought of the demanding demon rattled her and the encounter continued to play in her head. “He scared…the hell out of me!”
 
The flap in the back moved as Silvia stumbled slightly towards the front with a weary stretch. “What the fuck is the commotion? Where the hell is my breakfast?”
 
Blossom turned to Silvia quickly to try and stop her from making a further fool of herself. “Silvia, you need to go in the backroom and stay there for me, okay? I will bring your breakfast to you in due time.” Her hands pressed against the back of the drunken worker to escort Silvia quickly back behind the curtain she surfaced from.
 
Silvia made her way back towards the back room with Blossom's help. The curtain moved to allow way for the drunken worker to get back to where she originally was placed. Scarlet watched from the counter as they made sure to keep her from viewing what was behind there as Blossom blocked her sight with her back and the curtain.
 
Blossom eventually made sure Silvia was alright within the confines of the backroom. The curtain closed behind her, she made her way back to Scarlet to get the rest of the story out of her. “Who was the demon asking for?” Blossom asked as she sighed with a bit of frustration. “Was he looking for a blond woman only?”
 
Scarlet nodded once more. “He was…he was wondering where this woman was and why I wasn't her. I don't know. I am so confused!”
 
The brunette tapped her fingers upon the counter as she tried to offer a consoling smile to Scarlet. “Hey, don't worry about it, okay? I am sure he wasn't coming after you and now you know for sure he wasn't,” she whispered softly. “Just try to get through the day and I promise I will find a way to get your mind off of the matter.”
 
Rubbing her eyes that dared to run over with tears of fright, Scarlet looked up at Blossom with a gradual nod to her. “What—do you want me to do today?”
 
“First, you can eat your breakfast,” Blossom felt need to point out as she sorted the items that were bought for the workers. “I might as well get Silvia her stuff before she resurfaces to cause problems again for us and the workers. While I am back there, I will grab some of the items that arrived so you can place them on the shelves.” Blossom scooped up part of the breakfast in her hands that were bought for Silvia so she could travel in the back room to give them to the raven haired wreck.
 
Scarlet looked down at her coffee that was still slightly warm when her trembling fingers embraced the cup to bring to her lips. The warm morning drink caressed her dry throat to try and wake her body up for the morning hours. Shaking her head to try and release the images from her mind, her grayish, green eyes spied the wild redhead from one of the aisles. She kept the cup firmly clasped in her hands though Scarlet slightly lowered it to stare at the demon `god' inquisitively concerning the expression he was holding.
 
Jin crossed his arms behind his back as he hummed a slight tune to himself while making his way over towards the counter. “Is something the matter, child?”
 
The bi-color haired woman looked at the wind demon with a bit of a frown. Her cup soon gracing the counter's surface, she checked to make sure Blossom and Silvia weren't going to resurface anytime soon before looking back to the redhead. “I encountered a very large cat looking demon out on the streets!” She hissed softly in a whisper so only the two of them could hear. “What is going on with me!” Scarlet demanded to know angrily.
 
Jin opened his mouth to speak but suddenly stopped as he looked out the store door at something that caught his interest. “I am sorry, child, but I have to go take care of something. I will see you later tonight if you call to me.” With a simple gesture of his hand, Jin headed out of the store he was within to disappear within the fog filled streets.
 
Sighing with her fingers massaging her forehead Scarlet continued to sip down her coffee as she eyed the curtain cautiously. “Some `god' he turned out to be. I thought he was supposed to help me even if he was a filthy demon.”
 
 
 
 
When the night shift managed to make it to the store, Scarlet and the others gathered up their belongings to get ready to head out for the misted roads. Silvia was suffering through a hangover that Blossom tried to conceal from the others as she quickly escorted the young worker out of the store and onto the sidewalk that was starting to steadily die down for the night. Scarlet followed behind them after waving to the next workers in line.
 
“Well,” Blossom began as she situated Silvia on her shoulder, “I guess I might as well drive Silvia to her house. I fear leaving her here all by herself.”
 
Scarlet didn't say a word as she eyed the fog with fear swelling within her body. Embracing her figure, she gazed about the shrouded forms that seemed to moan and twitch oddly on the opposite sidewalk. Her skin was wrapped in bumps with the hair on her arm rising from the slight horror taking over her form. Scarlet didn't want to be out there in the roads alone and most certainly not at all. Blossom noticed Scarlet's expression and felt need to question it.
 
“Scarlet, if you want to come with us, I don't mind,” Blossom encouraged as she threw her brunette hair over her other shoulder. “My car is just down the road.” Cars were usually parked near the sidewalks where they were allowed. Parking was never allowed near the Black Magic Store so Blossom was always forced to park further down the sidewalk.
 
Scarlet wasn't sure about going anywhere else but home. She feared her father would be there to punish her if she returned home late or out of the schedule Scarlet had set. But the fog scared her more than ever and she feared walking home all by herself. “Alright,” she answered with a shaky sigh, “I will join you. I don't really want to be alone within this thick fog tonight…”
 
Blossom nodded down the sidewalk before heading down there with the ill Silvia, whose head was still swirling from the alcohol she had consumed. She guided the two to her crimson red Toyota that was parked near the drug store. Blossom opened up the door for Scarlet to enter first so she could help her with Silvia.
 
Scarlet sat upon the middle seat within the front of the truck to help Silvia make it to the passenger seat of the red truck. She made sure that the weary woman was all the way inside before Blossom shut the door so she could get into the driver's seat. “Man, you are really wasted,” she grunted while helping Silvia with her seatbelt.
 
“Don't mind her,” Blossom replied from the other side of the vehicle. Buckling her seatbelt, she inserted her keys and started up her car before shutting the door. “Silvia always was a drunken ass for as long as I can remember.”
 
“I heard that,” Silvia gurgled with her head resting against the window nearby. The feel of the cold window chilled her warm and aching head but it wasn't enough to numb the hangover she was experiencing.
 
Blossom merely offered a brief smile to show she was only joking in front of Silvia. Checking her mirrors, she looked over her shoulder to make sure nobody was heading towards her as Blossom pulled her car out onto the street. “Alright, let's get you home, Silvia.”
 
Scarlet watched as the buildings passed by from the front window. Some that could be made out from the fog almost looked identical to the one next to it. It made Scarlet dizzy trying to keep her eyes on them as Blossom turned down road after road to make it to Silvia's home. The fog seemed to thicken at some point until dispersing to show a destroyed town covered in cracked roads and blood stained street and buildings. The paint on the buildings had peeled away and some parts were rusted. Some of the windows and stores were covered in snow it appeared from where she was sitting.
 
The sight of it all startled Scarlet as she gazed at the sight wide-eyed. Massaging her weary eyes, she opened them to find Wind Knoll the same way it always had been. It confused her but she said not a word as Blossom turned off down the road some called Hangman's Road. It was a dangerous road filled with the most reported hauntings and suicides by hanging then any other area in the town. “Silvia lives here?” Scarlet asked.
 
“Sadly,” Blossom whispered in response as her truck trekked over the bumpy roads.
 
The car continued to travel down the blood splattered roads and decrepit buildings until making it to the temple that towered over the dreary streets and housings. It was a dark temple that had crows perching upon the gargoyle statues that lined parts of the church. The statues that were at the door and on the top of the building were that of a man with horns upon his head and a tied back braided hair with bat like wings spread out over the person's back. The ones near the doors were of the man holding a sword but keeping his hands gripped firmly about the hilt of the sword with the end of it implanted into the concrete. The one on the top was of the man looking vicious with his knees bent and his left hand planted upon the roof of the temple. The sword he held was out of the sheath and pointed at any who entered the temple. The horns were apparent, unlike the statues near the entrance as was the wings that were fanned out in intimidating furry. Scarlet recognized the creature as the car was parked within the temple's parking lot. It was Shishiwakamaru's Temple—the temple belonging to the God of Death.
 
Blossom turned off her car before unfastening her seatbelt to get out to help with Silvia. “Well, we are here.” Her hand graced the hood of her truck as she made it over to the passenger's seat to open the door once Scarlet held Silvia back from the window so the poor woman wouldn't fall upon the hard floor once the door opened. She opened her arms to take Silvia with a brief point to Scarlet. “I want you to stay in the car and wait. I will be right back.”
 
Scarlet had no objection given where they were. Closing the doors behind Blossom and Silvia, she brought her knees up to her chest as she moved over to the passenger seat. “Goodness, I hate this side of town,” she mumbled while grabbing onto the pendent she was wearing from the wind demon who visited her. “No wonder Silvia gets so wasted. I wouldn't want to remember my time here either.”
 
It didn't take Blossom long to come hurrying back out of the temple with her keys at ready. The wavy brunette let herself into her truck so as to start it up quickly. “Now, let's get out of here,” she insisted in a hurried breath.
 
“Is…it okay to leave her there?” Scarlet felt need to ask as Blossom eagerly pulled from the parking lot.
 
“Silvia lives there,” Blossom answered as she drove quickly down the road knowing that not many officers patrolled the streets. “Both her parents abandoned her when she was born and she was brought up under the priests and priestesses in Shishiwakamaru's Temple. She said that the demon brought her up on occasion but he eventually disappeared when she started praising him without the priest and priestesses' help. She doesn't understand what happened and neither do I.”
 
Scarlet looked over the seat to watch as the temple in the rearview window disappeared over the hill. Rocking from the motion of the car, she peeked back over at Blossom in shock. “I cannot believe she lives there…”
 
Blossom merely shrugged as she finally got off of the street that was known as `Hangman's Road'. “It is home to her and she rarely complains about it.” Turning down one of the many roads that littered the town, Blossom sighed for a moment as she looked down at her car radio to catch the time. “Well, it is almost six.” Blossom pointed to her glove compartment, signaling Scarlet to open it for her so Blossom could get her cigarettes. “If you want, I can either take you home or go to my house for a moment to speak about that encounter that had you spooked all damn day.”
 
Thinking of the demon she had heard speaking to her made Scarlet shiver uncontrollably. “I guess I can go to your house. But I cannot stay long, Blossom,” Scarlet felt need to stress as she waved some of the smoke away from her face that the woman was blowing within the car. “My father is awfully strict about how long I am out and about at times.”
 
“It won't take us long,” Blossom promised with a yawn as she headed back towards Willard Drive so she could get to the farmland that she lived about. “It'll just take an hour or so.”
 
 
 
The car traveled down the rough dirt road that was known as Rosewood Boulevard. Blossom turned on her car's lights to see through the fog that was starting to gather as she hunted for the house that was hers amongst the few that were there. Eventually she came upon her home that was a one story house with a small backyard with a barking black lab in the fenced in backyard. Blossom pulled into her driveway to make it to her garage that was quite clean considering the normal things that usually cluttered up a garage area.
 
With the car parked, Scarlet unfastened her seatbelt and exited the vehicle to head for the front door that Blossom was soon at with her keys at ready. “You live here by yourself?” Scarlet asked.
 
“Of course I do,” Blossom answered as she opened the door to wave Scarlet on inside. “I have since I was twenty-one.”
 
Walking through the front door, Scarlet saw a small square, wooden table with four chairs to occupy the space. The kitchen came with a stove, dishwasher, and a few cabinets to hold the food and dishes that the young brunette usually used. The tile was white though slightly grungy in some areas of the kitchen. There was a small hallway that held a bathroom on the right of the corridor. The hallway itself led into the living room though Scarlet couldn't see much seeing as a blue sofa blocked her view from where she was standing. The glass that occupied the space behind the table that allowed anyone within the house to view the outside catching Scarlet's interest, she headed over towards it to look out at the thick fog that was gathering about the land as the sun was about the set.
 
The sudden barking and nails of the black lab hitting the glass of the door that led to the back startled Scarlet as she jumped back slightly nearly falling on her rear. The dog continued to bark and breathe upon the glass, pawing away at the door as it whined in want to be let in.
 
“Oh, don't let that big guy scare you,” Blossom insisted as she unlocked the back door. “You're not afraid of dogs or anything, are you?”
 
“No, no,” Scarlet answered softly as she got to her feet. “My mom raised me around dogs. She loved them. He just startled me is all.”
 
Blossom opened the door to allow the excited dog on inside. The black lab wagged his tail to and fro so quickly and with such force that his entire backside wiggled uncontrollably from side to side. Panting from all the excitement, he balanced on his hind legs to place his front paws upon his master's thighs. Blossom knelt down to scratch behind the dog's ears before giving him kissing to try and settle him. “This is Old Blue,” the brunette announced before standing to her feet once more. “I called him that because some times his black fur looks blue.”
 
Scarlet reached down to let the dog smell of her hand first before bothering to pet the rowdy hound there before them. “So…about that demon…,” she finally said in hopes of breaking the ice.
 
“Right, right,” Blossom sighed as she pointed at one of the doors within the kitchen. “My bedroom is right through there. If you could wait for me, that would be great. I have to feed Blue boy.”
 
I merely nodded and headed for the room she had pointed to across from the kitchen. As soon as I opened the door to her bedroom, I was greeted by incenses burning as well as the many candles she had spread across her vanity, desks, and drawers. They were candles that were in her demon's honor, I assumed while walking around and looking at the other objects that reminded me of witchcraft. The sight of the daggers and crystal balls as well as robes that brought my mind to witchcraft set me on edge as my fingers touched the desk that Blossom apparently used as a shrine.
 
On the desk, from what Scarlet could see, was a picture of a young, wavy haired blond with another flaxen haired girl that looked a good bit older than the younger child that she was holding onto in the picture. Scarlet's fingers graced the cold frame to bring it closer to her face in wonder of who was in the image. Her fingertips touched the glass that protected it until the sound of the door being opened caught her attention.
 
Blossom closed the door behind her as she made her way over to her bed that was placed in between her windows in the back. Her covers had Celtic designs upon them that looked like that of two dolphins jumping out of the water under the moonlight. “Sorry if the smell of the candles bothers you,” she apologizes as she sat on the side of her bed to watch Scarlet. “Sometimes I just prefer to sit in nothing but candlelight with incense burning. It soothes me at night.”
 
“It doesn't bother me,” Scarlet assured her as she sat on the opposite side of the bed. “So, about that demon,” the young woman started once more as she thought of the silver beast that surfaced from the fog. “I felt like I was being chased the entire way there when I left to get the breakfast. When I left the store, this demon that looked like a cat demon with golden eyes demanded to know where this blond woman was that he said he knew was around there.”
 
“He is not a cat,” Blossom interjected with a shake of her head. “Who you saw was probably Yoko Kurama, the silver fox demon.”
 
“What—!” Scarlet found that hard to believe. She knew Yoko Kurama was a man of the earth but there was nothing in the scriptures of his temple that spoke of him being a silver fox or even depicted him with the features of one. He was mostly seen as a man with eyes of wisdom and long silver hair with a fox as a pet from time to time. It was normally said that the silver fox was known as his messenger and bringing of good fortune if anyone were to actually see one surface from the fog. “But the pictures in his temple—!”
 
“—Are all fake,” Blossom sighed as she interrupted once more. “You have Jin the Wind Demon to look to now, don't you? Why not ask him about some of these things?”
 
“Because the wind he uses goes right through his ears,” Scarlet hissed as she looked up at the fan slowly spinning in Blossom's room. “He is like this big huge riddle that will never give me a straight answer, and he has such a short attention span.”
 
The fire from one of the candles on her nightstand drew in Blossom as she took the dragon candleholder into her hands to bring the heat closer to her. “You said he was looking for a blond. Well, that blond is me.” Looking over at the picture that Scarlet had been holding onto earlier, Blossom exhaled softly a bit as she pointed towards it. “The little girl in that picture is me with one of my sisters. I am a natural blond, but when I was told when I came of age I was to be sacrificed to the earth demon to keep the forest alive and crops out here healthy, my parents dyed my hair and sent me away to live with my sisters in secret. My first and last name was changed, and I stayed with my elder siblings until I was old enough to handle myself and so I moved here.”
 
Scarlet continued to listen to Blossom, feeling awful for her and yet confused and horrified as well. “S—sacrificed? Since when do people have to be sacrificed to the demons for such a cause?”
 
“Since the religion was made centuries ago,” Blossom responded as she placed her candleholder back where it was originally. “The elders who created Wind Knoll always sacrificed the sinners and the nonbelievers to keep the demons content and Wind Knoll from falling into the brink of hell and darkness.”
 
Placing some of her hair behind her ear, Scarlet tried to allow the words that were expressed to her to sink in. It was hard to believe. She knew that some of the sinners were sacrificed but not the nonbelievers. “But you are hiding from the `gods' by dying your hair and changing your name. That is considered a sin to the worshippers of Yoko Kurama.”
 
Blossom was quiet as she twirled her wavy strand of hair about her index finger before allowing it to recoil back near her cheek. “Then I am damned either way you spin it,” she whispered as she kicked off her shoes to free her small feet. “I have been hoping to escape death from the fires that the worshippers will burn my body with for purity of my sin. I am sorry he had to come to you.”
 
“But won't he still find you?” Scarlet wondered as she rested upon her side there on the bed.
 
“He will eventually,” she softly spoke with her fingers groping the pendent that represented Yoko Kurama round her neck. Standing to her bare feet, her toes felt of her plush carpet as Blossom turned around with her hands crossed upon her chest. “All I ask is for you to be careful, Scarlet. If you start worshipping either of the demons you are speaking to now, you must be careful of what you do. If you are found to be unfaithful to them, it will be up to the demon to decide your fate and if not them, the crazy worshippers that kiss their feet.”
 
Not wishing to hear anymore of the religion that was all around her, Scarlet eventually departed from Blossom's home quickly after saying her goodbyes to her coworker. She dared not ask for being driven home even if the fog was thickening by the minute. All that had happened during the day had startled her and she was too frightened to speak to anyone. She could only think of getting home at that moment as the sounds of the night made her skin crawl and her body tremble.
 
The fog continued to gather about Scarlet and the night air got much colder. The nights were always bad about getting cold even during the hot spring and summer months. Scarlet stopped just outside of a closed restaurant, the neon lights towards the end of the title flickering to give her a bit of red light, she looked through the heavy mist to try and figure out what road she was on. Her hand graced the cold iron that made up the streetlamp, which was flickering, she tried to make out the green sign that had the street name upon it.
 
“Where am I?” She wondered while trying to make out the words on the sign. Thanks to the fog, it was still difficult to make out the white letters from where Scarlet stood. Grabbing onto her wind pendent from around her neck, she began to pray for help from the wind demon she had encountered before. Please come and guide me, Jin the Wind Demon, she begged within her mind. I cannot get home without your help…please!
 
Scarlet stood there praying to herself for awhile as the wind caressed her hair gently. She feared being lost there after awhile of not hearing from the demon and she became unnerved. Bringing her hands together, she sniffled back the tears that dared come from the fear that was rising inside of her. Her eyes gazing out within the thick fog, Scarlet stopped her labored breaths of terror at the thought of being lost when an awkward moan and screeching sound could be heard in the vapor. The shadows in the darkness that seemed to come and go from sight looked like zombies from the way they would limber about in the darkness.
 
The sounds seeming to only get louder the more Scarlet concentrated on them. The loud, distorted screeching as well as the low mumbling and the sound of rickety wheels of a chair slowly turning and rubbing against the cement made Scarlet clasp her hands over her ears tightly. She couldn't stand the foreign sounds any longer that were escalating and pounding within her skull. “Stop it, stop it, STOP IT!” She screamed with her nails nearly digging into the skin of her skull.
 
A hand landed on Scarlet's shoulder, scaring her further as she released a shriek with her body soon pressed against the lamppost in fear. Her breath shaky as she inhaled, she was slightly relieved to see it was merely Jin though irritated that he frightened her in such a way.
 
“What's the matter?” Jin asked as he pulled back his palm from her body. “Why are you out and about at this hour?”
 
“Screw that right now,” Scarlet spat angrily as she pushed herself off of the iron pole her body was shivering against. “What have you done to me!” She demanded to know as she grabbed onto the demon's muscle lined arms. “I want to know what you have done to me!”
 
Jin cocked his brow at the angered Scarlet as his pointed ears twitched slightly from her words filling them. “What are you talking about?” He asked with a slight scoff at her tone. “I didn't do anything to you.”
 
Scarlet kept her firm grip on the demon until he finally pulled from her tense hands. “Don't act stupid, Jin the Wind God!” She hissed, pointing down at the ground. “I have been seeing things and hearing things and—I want it to stop!”
 
Jin raised his hands and waved them slightly to make her stop speaking for a moment as he gripped onto her wrists fearing she would try and unleash her human anger upon him. “Scarlet, I didn't do anything to you. You did it to yourself as did your mother when she was alive!” He flipped over Scarlet's hands to show her the marked flesh on her palms. “Do you see these marks?” He asked as his thumbs touched the designs of the Celtic flakes and the wind design. “You were given these when you were baptized under a certain demon or `god' as you believe we are. When you were baptized, you were awoken and given the eyes of the spirits evil and pure alike. These spirits open your eyes to the demonic world where this town resides upon, and you see and hear the dead as well as those who are damned from Wind Knoll.” The demon was silent a moment as he squatted down slightly so he could see eye to eye with Scarlet once he released her hands. “Wind Knoll is a split dimension and some are blind to it even when they are baptized. You are one of the few who are lucky to see it or unlucky depending on how you wish to view it.”
 
“Lucky?” Scarlet scoffed feeling sickened at the thought. “Wind Demon, Jin, I am seeing dead people in my dreams and when I am even awake! Make this stop!”
 
His fingers rubbed into an annoying inch in his red hair as he looked at Scarlet oddly due to her request. “I cannot do that, kiddo. You might as well ask me to merge heaven and hell,” Jin answered as he raised his right hand to make the wind move some of the fog out of the way. “Now come on, let's get you to Touya's Temple.”
 
Scarlet almost refused to budge but went regardless, knowing that the streets were no longer safe for her. Some of the sounds continued to ring within her ears, irritating her as she walked through the fog filled streets with the demon beside her. Wiping the tears from her eyes, she buried her face into the hard skin of the redheaded wind demon to try and avoid anymore morbid sights of Wind Knoll.