Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Murders ❯ If You Believe ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Winter Murders

~ In a corner of the room I turned, aching all over

I remembered the color of your bare skin

Snow that disappears suddenly when you embrace it

Which falls from a violet sky

Hopeless... ~

I can remember everything. I can remember the touch of your skin, the feel of your hot breath on my face and all over me. I can feel the kisses that trailed down my chest and lower. It can hurt so much and yet feel so good. I remember the color that would rush before my eyes and the red hot sting that would soon go away. The colors were always intense during our nights. I would see so many bright colors, but one color would always stand out: the white of your skin. I may be lighter than you, but your skin always struck me as white in the night. It would move and melt under my hot touch. You would melt only for me.

I am hopeless without you.

~ The day we first met, so close and so far away

I innocently met the person I had been searching for

I, shinning brighter than ever, unable to see the answer

Yesterday, today, tomorrow, all begin to fade ~

I remember when we met for the first time. I hadn't known that you would be the one for me. I hadn't known that you would be the one for me, my one true love. I was too concerned with finding my sister. I was too blinded to see. But all of that seems to fade now that I hold your dead form in my arms.

~ I'll never let anyone take that from me ~

I can't let you die. I can't let them take you away from me. If you're going, I'm going with you. I won't ever let you go. If you're gone… I'm going with you.

~ Stay near me, don't leave me

Gaze only at me

It burns in my heart

The love I have for you ~

Stay with me. Don't be dead. Please just be sleeping. Wake up. Wake up please! I can't bear to let you go. Please just wake up and look at me. I know you love me. Show me you love me by waking up. Wake up and show me your love. Just wake up and kiss me. Everything will be alright if you just wake up and kiss me. It hurts to love you so much, but that's why I want you to wake up. I want you to wake up so that you can sooth the pain in my heart with your love. Take my pain away with your love.

~ Hold me, I won't let you go

No one can break us apart

Its all right to defy...

Any Gods that stand in our way ~

I won't let you go. I won't even f your dead. Can't let you go. I can't let this go. I can't let you go. I need you. I won't let you go. That evil witch couldn't have killed you. There's no way she could kill someone so strong. She couldn't have taken you away from me. No one can take you from me. I will do anything for you. I'll even defy the gods if I must. Anything to keep you with me, loving me, and holding me.

~ I don't care if I lose my life or anything else

As long as I have you ~

It doesn't matter to me. Nothing but you matters anymore. Nothing. I would do anything for you. I would do anything, so long as I have you.

~*~*

Alexi woke up with a horrible headache. She hated that part of being one of "The Chosen." Every time you got the powers of another "Chosen" you were hit by lightning. It was kind of like Highlander, now that she thought about it…

"Are you alright Alex?" a soothing voice asked her. Alexi turned her head to face Hypatia. She smiled at the girl.

"I'm fine now, thank you," Alexi replied, keeping a hand on her head. Hypatia blushed slightly and nodded.

"Do you need help?" she asked. Alexi blinked at her then looked around. She was still outside.

"Uh… sure…" Alexi replied. Hypatia held out a hand to her. Alexi took her hand and hauled herself to her feet. Hypatia put an arm around "The Chosen's" waist and Alexi put her arm around Hypatia's waist. They walked up to the house in silence.

"Alexi…?" Hypatia suddenly asked. Alexi jumped slightly. She turned her head towards Hypatia and raised an eyebrow. "…uh… that demon said that I was… uh… your woman…"

Both of Alexi's eyebrows shot up. She stared at Hypatia, standing perfectly still.

"…" Hypatia blushed furiously. "I was just wondering… why he… uh… said that…"

"Because he was a brainless fool and didn't know we were just friends," Alex responded. She looked at Hypatia's face, it had fallen slightly. Alexi smirked and leaned close to Hypatia's ear. "Unless you want to be my girlfriend."

Hypatia jumped away from Alexi, causing the other girl to fall to the ground. She apologized furiously and helped her up. She was blushing the whole way back to the house. Alexi was grinning from ear to ear.

~*~*

Hiei hadn't noticed he was crying again. He just lay there, wrapped around his kitsune's lifeless body. He snuggled closer to the cold flesh, trying his hardest to warm the cold and lifeless flesh, as if that would bring the kitsune back from the realm of the dead.

He wouldn't believe that Kurama was dead. If anyone tried to tell him that the fox was dead, or that any of his friends were dead, he would kill them. He wouldn't believe that all of this was real. He clung to the hope that it was all a dream. That it was all some horrible nightmare that was occurring in the depths of his mind. That his mind was torturing him with his darkest fears. It wasn't real. It couldn't be real. He wouldn't believe that it was real.

His head snapped up as he heard a sound. He growled ferally, intending to protect his fox at any cost necessary. Then he recognized it as a beautiful voice from a beautiful creature, a woman. It seemed familiar as he heard t approaching.

"Ooo… Eee…" the sound was haunting. He felt enraptured and could feel the weight on his heart lift slightly.

"I had a dream that I could fly

I can feel each moment as time goes by

We'd never be too far away

You would always be here I heard you say

I never thought thought that it would be our last goodbye (our last goodbye)

I still can dream that one day love would fall down from the sky (love would fall)," Hiei saw a woman start walking towards him and his fox. He recognized it as Dolore.

"Do you still remember all the time that has gone by? (Do you believe?)

Do you still believe that love can fall out from the sky?

If from where you're standing you can see the sky above

I'll be waiting for you if you still believe in love (if you still believe)

Find a way to bring back yesterday

Find a way for love

I hope you stay when tomorrow becomes today

Love will find a way

Ah la la…" Dolore continued to sing.

Hiei felt his heart lighten. He felt the body beside him warm up on its own. Kurama's body began to hover above the ground. Hiei reached out for him, but his hand was pulled back by Dolore, who was still singing.

"I'll be waiting for you, in my heart you are the one

If I cannot find you I will look up to the sun (do you believe? Do you believe?)

If from where you're standing you can see the sky above (la la la…)

I'll be waiting for you (I'll be waiting) if you still believe in love (do you believe?)

Do you believe?"

Hiei's eyes went wide as he saw Kurama's eyes open.

"Kurama!" he shouted and was once again pulled back by a weaker Dolore. Hiei looked at her. She was dying. He could tell that it was painful because it was a slow death. She was giving her life to those who had died because of her mother.

"No!" Hiei cried out. Dolore shook her head sadly and continued her song.

"Do you still remember all the time that has gone by?

Do you still believe that love can fall out from the sky?

If from where you're standing you can see the sky above

I'll be waiting for you if you still believe in love (if you still believe)

La la la… Do you believe? Still believe. La la la…"

Hiei knew it was the end of the song. Dolore slumped over. He caught her, but fell along with her.

"Dolore…" Hiei said sadly. She smiled sadly at him.

"At least one of us will be able to be happy…" she trailed off. "Please remember the words of my song Hiei. Believe those words and bring him back. Hs body is here, but you need to bring back his mind. The others will be fine; they are strong and were not targeted as hard as he was."

"Alright," Hiei said. Dolore smiled up at him.

"Good luck Hiei," she said and laid back. Her eyes closed and Hiei felt her pass away. A single tear ran down his face and he put it in her hand. He walked over to Kurama's body, which was now alive, but lifeless.

"Hiei!" Yusuke's voice drifted over to him. Hiei looked up to see his friends coming over.

"What's with Kurama?" Yusuke asked. Hiei looked at him sadly.

"I need to get his soul back…" Hiei said. He put his arms around Kurama and took off his bandana. His Jagan eye opened and he entered Kurama's mind. He knew just how to bring him back.

"Hitori heya no sumi de uzuku matteta

Anata no hada noiro omoidashiteta

Dkishimeru to fui ni kieteyuku yuki

Murasaki no sora kara futtekuru zetsubou

"Hajimeteatta hi wa chikakute touku

Sagashiteita hito wa mujaki ni warau

Hikareteyuku ore wa kotae mo miezu

Kinou, kyou, ashita wo nakushiteku

"Ano kuroushisa hageshisa

Ano kizuato ni kuchizuke

Ano chigiresouna omoi mo

Nemurenu hodo no itami mo

Dare ga ubaeru mono ka?

"Soba ni ite ikanaide ore dake mtsumete

Mune wo kogasu anate e no ai

Dakishimete hanarenai dare ni mo kowasenai

Donna kami ni mo sumuitemo ii

Inochi nado nakushitemo

Anata dake ireba ii

"Moshi mo kono shinzou nukidaserunara

Ima sugu anata ni kono ai misetai

Mi wo sakareruyouna yoru ga tsuzukeba

Akkenaku yume nado kieteyuku

"Ano nayamashisa setsunasa

Ano eien ni inotu yo

Ano shibireruyouna toiki mo

Tada tsuka no ma no yasuragi mo

Dare ga ubaeru mono ka?

"Koko ni itekurerunara ni do to wa nakasenai

Aishiteiru anata to chikau

Hazurenai karameau tsumetai yubisaki

Donna kami ni mo sumuitemo ii

Kono tsumi ga nadatte

Anta dake ireba ii

"Soba ni ite ikanaide ore dake mtsumete

Mune wo kogasu anate e no ai

Dakishimete hanarenai dare ni mo kowasenai

Donna kami ni mo sumuitemo ii

Inochi nado nakushitemo

Anata dake ireba ii."

Alrighty people. I know that there isn't a giant amount of plot in this particular chapter, but there will be in the next chapter. This chappy's a moving forward sort of thing. Besides, the songs are some sort of plot within themselves. The first and last song (they're the same) are from Zetsuai/BRONZE (my new little yaoi anime… tis a good series…) and the middle song is If You Still Believe by Elsa Raven. So until next week, which is the next chapter… Ciao!