Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Cop Story ❯ Dinner for Eleven ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer : I only own this long-winded story, not the characters.

A Cop Story

Part Fourteen

By RM

Dinner for Eleven

She was fidgeting and she knew it. After everything that had happened today she was a little nervous and a little embarrassed to look him in the eye, especially since she wasn't sure just what he thought of the situation, if indeed he thought anything at all. It was the uncertainty of it all, and she absolutely hated uncertainty.

"Vegeta?" She asked rather meekly as she played with her straw. They sat in a corner booth seat, one that was horseshoe shaped in a restaurant that served some of the best pasta dishes in the city, which meant it was busy. The booth was a good size though, and she sat at the bend of the `U' while he sat at the end watching the door.

He turned his head when she said his name and watched her fiddle with the straw. She had called him at his apartment right when he had walked in the door and asked him if he wouldn't mind going to get a bite to eat with her. Since he had no plans for dinner, he couldn't think of a really good reason why he shouldn't go.

She didn't hear him answer but she could feel his eyes on her.

"Was…" she faltered, "was that just a one time thing? What happened today…in the lab?" She asked quietly.

"Yes," came his curt reply.

Her heart sank as she looked up and watched him grab a breadstick and dip it in the sauce provided by their waiter. She suddenly felt very stupid for allowing herself to think that maybe he really would want any type of relationship with her. She looked down and wished that she could melt into the seat. Or at least walk out unnoticed.

He caught her slight movement as he shoved the bread into his mouth and began to chew. He watched as she shrank back into the seat and half hugged herself while she shivered. He sighed and rolled his eyes as he reached over and gently took a hold of her hand, pulling her closer to him.

"The walls in that lab of yours are too thin." He mumbled as he wrapped his arm around her and gave her a gentle squeeze. "But do not think for one second that you will be rid of me that easily." He continued as he pushed aside her hair and kissed her neck, just behind her ear.

Her heart skipped a beat this time. His tone was so seductive and his hot breath on her neck was sending shivers down her spine. She placed her hand on his knee to steady herself and he practically purred in her ear. He was about to talk dirty to her when they both heard a throat clear next to them. Vegeta snapped his head up but didn't relax his grip on Bulma.

"Hey guys! Fancy meeting you here!" Goku greeted them. "We heard they had good pasta here and decided to check it out. Do you come here often?"

"No," Vegeta replied tersely as Bulma shook her head.

"Ah." Goku said.

"We?" Bulma asked.

"Yeah, me and Raditz. He stepped into the little boys room." Goku smiled.

"Where's Chi Chi tonight?" Bulma asked as she snuggled into Vegeta's side. She smiled sweetly at Goku while she inched her hand up Vegeta's thigh.

"She was teaching some kind of cooking class tonight." Goku stated. "I'm supposed to give her a call later on though."

"Have you guys ordered yet?" Bulma asked as she ran her hand over the bulge in Vegeta's pants.

"No. We're still waiting for a table." Goku admitted.

Vegeta's jaw twitched as Bulma continued stroking her hand up and down his thigh, making frequent stops to grope him. He had never been one for public displays of affection, but where the woman was concerned, he found that he just couldn't help himself. Besides, Goku hadn't seemed to notice, and if anyone else had a problem with it they could take it up with him personally.

"Then you'll join us." Bulma smiled coyly as Vegeta began to purr beside her. "We have plenty of room at this table. We'll all fit."

"Are you sure you don't mind?" Goku looked at Vegeta hesitantly. The older Saiyan looked a little glazed over and relaxed.

Bulma pressed her body against Vegeta's as her hand traveled over his hardness once again. "You don't mind, do you?" She asked him, voice low.

Vegeta tilted his head and regarded her from the corner of his eye. He shook his head. As long as she continued doing whatever it was that she was doing, he didn't care if she invited the Ginyu Force to dinner.

"Great! Thanks guys! I'll go tell the big guy!" Goku said as he hurried off back towards the bar. He was really hungry and didn't want to turn down an opportunity for food.

*****

Zarbon was standing at the bar as Goku walked past on his way to tell his brother that they wouldn't have to wait for a table.

"Hey Zarbon!" Goku cheerfully greeted him. "How's the neck?"

Zarbon wanted to spit out an insult at the other man but held his tongue. He didn't know Goku all that well, but he knew him well enough to know that he really hadn't meant anything by his comment, other than to genuinely ask how his neck felt.

"As good as new," Zarbon replied as he took a sip of wine.

"Boy, sure is a popular place for dinner tonight. Are you meeting someone?" Goku asked as he looked around for Raditz.

"No," Zarbon sighed. "I'm working."

"At the restaurant? Or the bar?" Goku asked as he scratched his head. "I didn't think that you'd have to get another job to…" He trailed off as Zarbon pointed his finger to the corner table where he saw the mayor sitting and having dinner.

"I'm working." Zarbon stated again.

Goku blinked and finally caught on. "Well that kinda sucks. Everyone else is eating and enjoying themselves. Even Vegeta and Bulma looked pretty happy."

"Vegeta and Bulma?" Zarbon asked, looking a little peeved at the news.

"Yeah. They asked Raditz and me to join them for dinner." Goku smiled at the thought of eating. "They're over there," Goku pointed towards the other end of the restaurant, "they have a pretty nice corner booth. I'm sure they'd ask you to join them if they knew you were here. But, you're working." He shrugged.

Zarbon looked mad enough to spit. Vegeta and Bulma. What did she see in that diminutive, unrefined, moronic, bad hair monstrosity? He snorted as he thought about the two of them together. Well, he figured, once she moved to the Central Precinct, and that was not far from happening, she'd come around. He wasn't about to give up yet.

"Hey, pretty boy," Raditz greeted Zarbon by slapping him on the ass. "Bartender! Could I get another beer?"

Zarbon nearly spit out his wine when Raditz slapped him. He just hoped and prayed that no one else saw it happen.

"Vegeta and Bulma are here and they invited us to join them." Goku informed his brother.

Raditz nodded to the bartender, grabbed his beer and threw his arm around Zarbon's shoulders. He raised his eyebrow at his little brother. "Vegeta said that?" He questioned.

"Well, yeah." Goku said. "He agreed he wouldn't mind. Besides, I'm hungry."

Raditz looked at Goku's pleading expression. He nodded at his brother and gave the other man's shoulders a gentle squeeze. "Have fun working," he winked. "Lead the way, little brother."

When they rounded the corner into the restaurant section, Goku turned to his brother and chuckled. Raditz grinned back. They were still chuckling when they reached the table.

"What's so funny?" Bulma asked. She was still cuddled up to Vegeta and he still had his arm around her.

"Zarbon is out front at the bar watching the mayor have dinner," Goku said. "And Raditz was screwing with his mind again."

Vegeta started laughing and at his cue Goku and Raditz starting laughing too. Back in the days when they had all worked for Freiza, Raditz and Zarbon had been a thing. Zarbon always had a hard time admitting to his bisexuality while Raditz was quite open about it. Needless to say, Zarbon also had a hard time getting over Raditz when the affair was finished. They remained on speaking terms, and while they didn't hate each other exactly, Zarbon always felt uncomfortable being near the bigger warrior. In response to that, Raditz liked to tease Zarbon every chance he got, which hadn't been very much as of late.

"Thanks for inviting us to join you," Raditz saluted the couple opposite him at the table with his beer. "You saved us an hour wait. And you know how he gets when he has to wait for food." Raditz hiked his thumb towards Goku.

"No problem," Bulma winked. She smiled as she heard Vegeta's laughter turn to chuckles and then a sigh. She was still massaging his thighs. She absolutely loved the feel of him, so warm and muscular. She'd have to tone it down soon, or she knew she'd never make it out of the restaurant without paying the consequences. She was actually banking on the fact that she may not make it out of the parking lot without paying the consequences. After all, she had no plans until Sunday afternoon, and today was only Friday.

Raditz took in Vegeta's glazed over expression and the smirk that was slowly transforming into a smile. He also noticed the way they were sitting. He saluted the couple across from him once again and took a swig of beer. It wouldn't be long now until the courtship went into full force, and Vegeta would be totally smitten. He was looking forward to it. Vegeta deserved to be happy. He had been through quite a lot in his lifetime so far. Raditz turned his gaze to Goku who was stuffing his face with bread. He was another one. He'd found himself a nice young lady, and Raditz was happy for him too. Now, if only he could find someone for himself. He had an idea of who he would soon be after. He could only hope that the person he was attracted to would feel the same way. They had only met a couple of times, but the last time they had seen each other was the night he fought Cell, and he couldn't stop thinking about it. Truth be told, Raditz knew that he himself was quite a catch. He was devoted, reliable, had a good job, and could take a lot of shit when it came to relationships. Well, he thought, it couldn't hurt to try.

*****

They arrived a little late, but thanks to Capsule Corporation technology, parking was not a problem. Captain Ginyu had shared a ride with Dr. Briefs to the restaurant, both having come from the Central Precinct. Tonight they were to meet the Mayor for dinner along with his other guests.

"And those young men don't make you uneasy?" Mayor Popo asked Captain Roshi. Ox, the Commissioner, had also joined them for dinner and awaited the Captain's reply as he ate another hot buttered roll.

"Well," Captain Roshi started out rather weakly, "they're all definitely far from normal, but uneasy?" He thought about his next statement as he stroked his beard, "not uneasy. I actually feel a lot safer with them around."

"I hope we're not too late," Dr. Briefs commented as he walked up to the Mayor's table and pulled up a chair.

"No," Mayor Popo assured him. "Not at all."

"We were just gas bagging," Captain Roshi said.

"Oh." Dr. Briefs replied.

"The wife not coming?" Captain Roshi asked.

"She's on her way back from one of those health spas," Dr. Briefs shrugged. "She'll be home tomorrow night."

"She's a peach." Captain Roshi commented as he wiggled his eyebrows. "But so is that daughter of yours."

Captain Ginyu and the Mayor both mumbled an agreement.

"Been seeing a lot of your lovely little girl lately, Dr. Briefs," Roshi added. "Even your daughter, Commissioner. She stops by for lunch almost every other day"

Ox was rather surprised at the news. "She eats lunch with you?"

"Ah, well no." Roshi admitted. "Mostly stops by to see Bulma. Or that young man, whats-his-face."

"Did I hear someone mention peaches?" A tall, green man in a robe with a cane asked as he sat down next to the Mayor. "I haven't had a decent fruit cup in ages."

"Kami," Mayor Popo turned to his good friend, "You've never had a fruit cup."

Kami seemed to contemplate this for a moment.

"A man can dream can't he?" Kami said. "Besides, how would you know?" He frowned. "I might not have been talking about fruit."

"Stop that! I think we're making the young Ginyu there uncomfortable." Roshi chided.

"Come now. We're all adults." Dr. Briefs stated as he put down his menu.

"Old enough to be his father," Roshi chuckled.

Everyone else nodded and gave a chuckle. Mayor Popo gave a nervous chuckle. Truth be told, he knew very little about women.

"I'm old enough, but not man or woman enough." Kami commented between chuckles.

Ginyu was feeling a little out of place as the other men laughed around him. He figured he was actually older than Roshi. Thanks to his body snatching ability, he had just managed to age more gracefully. Or rather, not at all. It was one of his talents he hadn't let them in on.

"So when is Bulma going to transfer to Central?" Ginyu asked.

"I'm gonna miss those legs," Roshi sighed.

"Um," Dr. Briefs nervously licked his lips as he looked from Roshi to Ginyu. He wasn't sure which one he should distrust more near his daughter.

"I think as soon as the prototypes for the new vests are ready, she can move to Central." Ox interjected. "She's mentioned a few other projects we're going to run by the brass."

Dr. Briefs nodded, relieved. At least the decision hadn't come from him.

Roshi was about to add something else to the conversation when the waitress came by with a huge tray of appetizers and then took down Ginyu and Dr. Brief's orders. She smiled sweetly at the table of men and swiftly got back to work.

"Sweet girl. She reminds me of Chi Chi," Roshi mumbled into his beer.

"How is young Chi Chi?" Mayor Popo asked Ox. "Why didn't we stop at her place tonight? She's a much better cook."

"Has better water too," Kami added.

"She's not open tonight." Ox stated.

"Is she sick?" Dr. Briefs added hurriedly.

"No, she's teaching a cooking class tonight," Ox replied.

"I wish Bulma would take those classes," Dr. Briefs grumbled to himself.

"I was going to stop by and see her afterwards but she said she had plans tonight." Ox finished.

"Hot date?" Roshi nudged Ox.

"I don't think so," Ox replied.

"It's a hot date." Roshi stated firmly.

Kami nodded in agreement and elbowed Ginyu in the ribs.

"Oh, well yes," Ginyu agreed. That old Namek sure had bony elbows.

"She hasn't mentioned anyone." Ox stated.

"Neither had Bulma," Dr. Briefs mumbled around a piece of cheesy garlic bread.

"What are you mumbling about Briefs?" Roshi asked.

"Ah, to be a father." Kami replied to Roshi's statement. "Not like I would know."

"I think you'd make an excellent parent, Kami." Mayor Popo said to the table as everyone nodded their heads in agreement. They didn't quite know where this man Kami came into the picture, but they somehow felt that he deserved respect, or at least to be praised once in a while.

"Speaking of parents," Roshi finally spoke after a moment or two of silence, "how is that Viagara working Briefs?"

Dr. Briefs dropped his fork as Mayor Popo managed to turn red and Ox choked on his drink. Kami slyly smiled at Ginyu who slapped his forehead in exasperation. It was going to be one long meal.

*****

Vegeta was getting worked up a little too fast. He didn't think he would last too much longer as his control began to slip. The woman had been using her hand expertly to tease him all night, and while he was trained in meditation and breathing to focus, he would soon have to take desperate measures or cream in his pants.

"…never did that again." Goku laughed.

Bulma laughed along with the others as she looked up at Vegeta's profile to see him smirking. He had excellent control so far, but he was shifting a little more in his seat and she could feel just how excited he was getting through his pants. He looked down at her and their gazes locked. He shook his head slightly and he brought his lips down to her ear sighing heavily as he whispered the word `later'. She just grinned and tightened her grip.

Time for desperate measures.

"Rather like that time in the Tornt system, eh Raditz?" Vegeta smirked at the large man.

Raditz narrowed his eyes and smirked back at Vegeta. He couldn't understand why Vegeta would bring that experience up. It always gave the mighty prince the willies every time anyone would mention it.

"You mean the time that Nappa and I first decided that we were curious enough to…" Raditz began. He never quite finished.

"Yes, that will do." Vegeta interrupted through clenched teeth. It didn't bother Vegeta that Raditz found both men and women attractive. What bothered him was the fact that anyone could find Nappa attractive enough to consider doing THAT with him. The image of Nappa and Raditz doing whatever it was they had done was usually enough to not only put him out of the mood to eat, but also made him feel a little unclean. Tonight however, it served to counter the efforts of the woman for the time being.

Bulma frowned as she felt Vegeta lose some of his rigidity and watched him resume his meal with more vigor. Vegeta looked back down at her and smirked, as if saying `I told you so'. She just sighed and continued her meal as she sat close to him, bringing her hand back into her own lap. She pushed one of her meatballs onto his plate and watched him cut it up into quarters. Around her, the dinner conversation resumed.

She couldn't wait for `later'.

*****

He watched the people inside of the restaurant from the window as he made his way downtown to the concert hall where many of the students from area schools were attending a free concert sponsored by the symphony orchestra. He chuckled as he thought of how much pizza they had donated for the function. Everyone would have had a piece by now, there was little doubt about that. The way sales had been as of late, it would have been no big surprise if they were the only pizzeria doing any business in the city. And it was a pretty damn big city. It was about time they try a test run.

He was small but he wore a large coat. It was pretty chilly out and it was already dark as he continued his walk to the crowded hall. When he came in through the large front entrance his shoes squeaked on the marble floors, mixing with the shouts and squeals of children and young adults stuffed full of his pizza. He grumbled at the noise and walked through the foyer, looking for one of his men.

*****

He had followed the little fellow all the way downtown, stopping only once when a few familiar faces caught his eye from the window of a restaurant. He didn't stop however, and he didn't take his eyes off of the short man he was trailing. He had been keeping tabs on the pizzeria for the past few days, being the distrustful sort by nature, and always getting the wicked glare whenever he walked in. And then there was the smell. The smell that he hadn't been able to place. He figured the least he could do was to watch the place. After all, he was getting paid for it.

The trail lead to the downtown concert hall, and his ears picked up on the ruckus before he even stepped through the doors. Children. He hated children. But this is where the little pale, blue man had come, so he had no choice but to follow.

He opened the door with a wince, and walked into a crowded foyer packed with little bodies as he received a cold stare from some of the chaperones. He growled under his breath and tried to shove some of the little buggers aside, making his own path to a corner of the room where he could possibly get a better view. It wouldn't be hard. After all, everyone seemed pretty short.

Squinting over the crowd, he didn't find who he was looking for, but he did see someone he knew. He hadn't paid much attention at line-up but he saw someone from his precinct standing near the far door of the foyer, helping control the crowd and just generally keeping an eye on things. He was hoping he wouldn't be noticed as he tried to hunch down a little. It didn't work.

Choutzu waved to him as he stood in the corner. Piccolo grumbled and gave a little wave back before he caught himself and pulled his hand down. Well, his cover was blown now, he may as well go over and say hello.

"Hiya Piccolo," Choutzu greeted, "didn't know you liked the arts."

Piccolo grunted an acknowledgement. Then he caught the smell.

"Do you smell that?" He asked.

"No." The short officer answered. "I don't smell anything."

Piccolo swallowed a snide comment as he grunted again. Humans…

*****

Everyone had taken their seats. The music had started. It was time.

Garlic Jr. grabbed the small microphone he had patched into the sound system of the concert hall as he stood in the overhead lighting balcony that was built into the ceiling. Not needing any fancy lighting for the event, no one else was up there, and no one had been watching the door, making it very easy to break into. He'd have to word this carefully, otherwise there was no telling what he would get. Slowly and calmly, he whispered into the microphone as an enchanting melody drifted around the room.

"You will all obey me!" His soft whisper echoed about the room for several moments as the crowd began shifting in their seats. Garlic Jr. smiled smugly, about to congratulate himself, when small cries broke out everywhere and there was a mad rush to the doors. He peeked over the side of the balcony, unsure as to what had happened. Something had gone wrong, of that there was no doubt. He didn't think he wanted to wait around to see how it all worked out. But for the time being he was stuck. He watched in fascination as everyone bolted to the door, carrying on and screaming.

*****

It was a crazed rush. First the crying started, then it escalated into the screams of small children. When the doors from the hall to the foyer burst open emitting hundreds of hysterical children, Piccolo, who normally upheld a calm and collected façade, panicked. Choutzu was nearly trampled as the crowd pushed through, making a mad dash for the restrooms. By the looks of it, some of the children hadn't made it.

Piccolo quickly came back to himself and surveyed the situation. He dashed into the concert hall against the rushing current of people to see what was so horrible and frightening to elicit screams and well, pant wetting, in so many children. To his surprise, he didn't see anything. Nothing except the nervous glances of the members of the orchestra, who didn't seem affected by whatever had happened. The whole situation seemed very puzzling, and just a little disturbing. The smell of urine and pizza was everywhere. He was glad he didn't eat.

Whatever it was that had happened, Piccolo was sure that the little pale, blue man had something to do with. Problem was, he couldn't prove a thing. Yet.

*****

Kinda slow moving, yeah, I know. Thanks to everyone for the nice things you've had to say about the story so far. The next two chapters will be chock full-o-lemon. If you're offended by that type of thing, or if you plain just don't like it, I'm just giving you all a heads up. I figured the story has to earn its NC-17 rating somewhere…And remember, if you'd like to let me know how I did with this chapter, feel free to let me know.