Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Hells Rising ❯ Rounds Three & the Semifinals ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry for the delay but I have been busy with my research paper and book report and I am almost done with them so I will start updating more. I would have updated sooner but when my father went out of town, something happened to the Internet server in my house and I no longer have access to the Internet. Now that he is back I have my Internet back but then I got sick but now I am felling good enough to finish this. I have also started a poll but no one has voted. Please look at it and vote. My tournament is almost over. There is just one more chapter after this one. That also means that I am coming closer to the end of my story. Don't worry though there will be many sequels and prequels. I will also be writing several of them at the same time, but I will not start them until I am finished with this story. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

"Normal Conversation"

< Telepathic Conversation >

~ Thinking ~

:: Bond ::

Chapter 21 - Rounds Three & the Semifinals

"Welcome to day six of the Abu-Dhabi World Martial Arts Fighting Championship. Today we will have matches twenty-five through thirty. Now for a quick run down about what happened yesterday." Mike then takes a deep breath.

"Match seventeen was Son Goku vs. his father Bardock. Goku won when Bardock gave up. Match eighteen was Vegeta vs. Freeza. Vegeta won when he killed Freeza. Match nineteen was Son Gohan vs. Kibito Kai. Son Gohan won when Kibito Kai gave up. Match twenty was Kid Buu vs. Celipa. Kid Buu won when Celipa gave up long before the match ever started. Match twenty-one was Krillin vs. King Vegeta. Krillin won by knocking out King Vegeta. Match twenty-two was Cooler vs. Fat Buu. Buu ate Cooler thus killing him and winning the match. Match twenty-three was Number 18 vs. Pikkon. Pikkon won by knocking Number 18 out. Finally, match twenty-four was Android 16 vs. Videl. Videl won when Android 16 gave up. Now then, lets start round three, shall we?" Everyone starts cheering.

"Our first match deals with a rivalry between two fighters that has lasted for six to seven years now. Son Goku and Vegeta, Prince of all Saiyans, report to the field. It is time for you match." Both Vegeta and Goku had similar smirks on their faces.

< Hey you two. Try not to play this match out for too long of a time. >

< Shut up brat. I'll do whatever the hell I want. >

< Vegeta! I want both rounds to happen today so that I could hold the final match tomorrow. >

< So what brat. Do you think that I give a damn? >

< Yea Mike. I've been looking forward to this match. >

< I know that Goku but will you too, just think of it this way. One of you will have to fight either Gohan or Kid Buu later on today. The sooner that these first four matches are finished, the more time you will have to rest. There are no more Senzu Beans and I have already gotten Kibito Kai and Dende to agree not to heal any one that hasn't lost in this tournament. I want to keep things fair for everyone. >

< … >

< That's what I thought. > "Fighters ready … GO!"

Goku and Vegeta just stand there starting at each other. Then they give each other a small nod before letting out a tremendous scream as they both start to power up. Their power levels soon start to cause the entire earth to start shaking. The only people that are unaffected by all this is Piccolo, Gohan, Videl, the two Buus, and Mike. Vegeta and Goku then both go level two at exactly the same time. By the time that they finish powering up, they were a little bit stronger than what Gohan was when he fought Cell for the first time. Most of the Z-Fighters stare on in shock. For the first time ever, Goku's and Vegeta's power levels are exactly the same.

"They are dead even in power. This match can go either way." Says Piccolo.

Goku and Vegeta then charge at each other and starts throwing punch after punch, kick after kick. It doesn't take them long to take their fight out of the stadium. No more than five minutes have gone by when the earth became their ring. While everyone is watching the big screen, Mike starts to doze off in boredom.

~ This is going to be a long match. ~ Mike then falls asleep with the earth shaking all around him. After a while, Goku and Vegeta end up back in the stadium. Out of nowhere, a stray ki blast hits Mike head on while he is still asleep.

"I'm up, I'm up." Mike then remembers where he is and looks down to his watch. ~ TWO HOUR! Would those two hurry up? … Slag it. ~ < VEGETA! GOKU! Would you just have the damn ki blast show down that you know that you're eventually going to have and end it please. >

They don't answer though. Instead they land on the ground in similar stances.

"Ka … me … "

"Final … "

"Ha … me … "

"FLASH!"

"HA!"

The two blasts come straight at each other. When they meet in the middle something strange happens. Instead of clashing with each other, the kamehameha went through the Final Flash while the Final Flash went around the Kamehameha. Both fighters stare wide eyed at the on coming blasts. Both blasts hit their marks head on. When the smoke clears, both fighters are seen on the ground. Mike then starts the sixty-second counter.

"If neither one of you get up in sixty seconds then you both lose. If one of you manages to get up before then they that fighter will win.

The first fifty seconds went by quick and neither of the fighters was moving. The crowd starts the countdown.

"Ten … nine … eight … " Goku and Vegeta finally starts to move. "Seven … six … five … " Both fighters seem to be getting up. "Four … three … two … " Vegeta collapses and falls unconscious "One … " Goku quickly gets up with a final burst of energy. "ZERO!" After zero, Goku falls back to the ground.

"Goku has managed to get up before time ran out so that makes him our first winner of the day. Now would Gohan and Kid Buu report to the field, you're up. "While they are coming to the ring I think that I will tell you the tid-bit of information that I forgot to say about Kid Bu. Kid Buu has killed countless number of beings. He has destroyed hundreds of planets and has even killed all but one of the Supreme Kais. He has done all of this just for the fun of it and as soon as this tournament is over he will destroy the earth and then move on to the next planet to do the same. So Son Gohan, you must kill Kid Buu in order to win this match or everyone in the universe and Otherworld, will be destroyed." Mike says this with a smile while Gohan stares at him in shock and Buu has his evil grin on his face. "Fighters ready … GO!"

Kid Buu starts attacking Gohan, catching him off guard. Gohan retaliates with a ki blast that blows Buu into hundreds of pieces. "That was … easy."

"Hey G-man," calls Mike, "it'll take a lot more than that to get rid of Kid Buu."

Gohan turns around and sees Buu coming back together. Buu then starts to taunt Gohan by hitting his chest and dancing around. Gohan starts to get a little fed up with Buu. That is until he senses his power level that is.

~ Whoa! Kid Buu's power level is huge! He he, I may have to go super to kill him. ~ Gohan starts to power up but then stops. This catches Videl's attention.

:: What's wrong Gohan? Why did you stop powering up? ::

:: Nothing's wrong Videl. I just remembered what Mike said. Buu has destroyed a countless number of lives. I think that I am going to scare him a little before I destroy him. :: Gohan replies with a smirk before turning his attention back to Buu.

"Kid Buu! You have destroyed many lives in your lifetime and I think that it is time for some retribution for what you did! Prepare yourself Buu! For today is the day that you DIE!" Gohan screams as he powers up. Buu stops his antics as he stares on in shock and fear of Gohan's power level.

Just as the earth starts to shake, Gohan jumps to level two, skipping level one in the process. He is already at a higher power level then Buu but he still continues to power up. Everyone but Videl and Mike stares at Gohan in shock as his golden hair grows down to the back of his kneecaps. His eyebrows disappear as his muscles bulge a little, giving him a demonic look. It was then that he stops powering up. Up in the box, the Z-Fighters were in total shock.

"Oh wow! Look at him. His power level is huge!" exclaims Goku.

"There is just no way that anyone can be so strong." Says the shocked Kibito Kai.

"Don't be so surprised yet fellas. This is nothing. Wait until you see him, or me for that matter, go full power." Says Videl with a huge grin on her face.

"What! He's not at full power yet?" asks Piccolo.

"Nope. There is still level four to go to, remember."

Back on the field, Buu was taking a few steps back in fear. Gohan then speaks up. "What's the matter Buu, afraid? If I was like my old self, then I would let you suffer a bit before destroying you, but I've learned never to do that because then I would be no better than you. So instead, I'll just kill you fast and easy in order to avenge all of those that you have killed."

Gohan starts to prepare for an attack. "Ka … me … " as he says this, he brings only his right back into the position. "San … ko … " He says this as he puts his left hand above his head. "HA!" Gohan brings his left hand down and pushes his right hand out, having them meet in front of him. A light green (A/N: Yellow Masanko mixed with a blue/white Kamehameha makes a green Kamesankoha.) energy blast comes out of his hands and heads straight for Kid Buu. Buu tries to stop the blast but it is all in vain. The light green blast hits him head on and destroys every particle in his body. Gohan then powers down to his normal level.

"Kid Buu is dead so Gohan is the winner and will face his father Goku in the semifinals. Also, I just saved a million zeni since Kid Buu is dead." Everyone sweat drops at this. "Krillin, Fat Buu, your turn." Buu has a silly grin on his face while Krillin was sweating. "Fighters ready … GO!"

"Buu no think you bad so Buu no eat you."

"Thanks … I think."

Buu then jumps up and faster than Krillin could see, does a belly flop right on to Krillin thus knocking him out. Mike waits a minute before speaking up.

"Well, that was fast. Krillin is knocked out so Fat Buu moves on to the semifinals." Number 18 then rushes over to Krillin's side.

"Krillin, are you all right?"

"Did anyone get the license plate of that bus?"

Number 18 chuckles softly and helps Krillin off of the field. Mike then speaks up again.

"Time for the final match of round three. Pikkon and Videl, you're next." Videl comes out with a very serious face while Pikkon has a smirk on his.

"You beat my mother and Number 18, two people I greatly respect and care for. I wont let you win." Says Videl while staring Pikkon in the eye.

Pikkon just laughs. "I'll have to thank Mike for giving me such weak opponents. These matches are just too easy."

"We'll see how weak and easy I am."

Before Pikkon can say anything, Mike starts the match.

"Fighters ready … GO!"

Videl doesn't waste any time and starts attacking Pikkon. Actually, beating the crap out of him would be a better way to say it. When she finally stops, Pikkon slumps to the ground and lays there motionless in a pool of his own blood. Mike starts the timer and while it is counting down, he contacts Videl telepathically.

< You know Videl, Pikkon got knocked out from your initial punch so the other two hundred and seventy four punches were not necessary. >

< I know that but it still made me feel better hitting him so many times. >

Mike laughs out loud and then notices that the sixty seconds is up. "Pikkon is knocked out so Videl wins and moves on to face Fat Buu in the semifinals." Everyone starts cheering.

"We will now take a three hour break so that the fighters can rest before the semifinals start. So I'll see you all in three hours. Oh, and would Son Goku and Vegeta please meet me on this field fifteen minutes before the semifinals start. I need to talk to the two of you. Thank you and good-bye.

"I wonder what Mike wants with us. Do you know Vegeta?"

"How the hell should I know Kakarot? We'll fide out later."

Sure enough, two hours and forty-five minutes later, Goku and Vegeta were on the field meeting with Mike.

"What the hell do you want brat?"

"Glad you asked Vegeta. As you know, in about fifteen minutes, Goku will be fighting Gohan. You also know that Goku doesn't stand a chance against him."

"Get to the point brat!"

"I am proposing to you a way for you to get stronger Goku."

"So what the hell does that have to do with me!" asks Vegeta.

Mike doesn't say anything. Instead he holds out his hand and shows them two, small, round, earrings.

"Hey, aren't those the earring things that fused Kibito and Shin together?" asks Goku.

"Yup."

"THERE IS NO WAY THAT I'M GOING TO FUSE WITH THIS CLOWN!" yells Vegeta.

"Yea Mike. Didn't you say that that type of fusion is permanent?" asks Goku.

"It is, or should I say was. I have found a way to separate the fusion."

"My answer is still no." says Vegeta

For the next ten minutes, Mike tries to convince the tow to fuse. After the ten minutes, Vegeta and Goku go back to the box.

"What was that about Veggie?" asks Bulma

"Nothing woman, and STOP CALLING ME VEGGIE!"

Mike then starts to talk. "I hope everyone has had a good rest because now it is time for the semifinals! The four fighters that have made it are Son Goku, Son Gohan, Fat Buu, and Videl Satan. In fight twenty-nine, it will be Son Goku vs. Son Gohan and in fight thirty it will be Fat Buu against Videl Satan. The winners of these two matches will go on to the finals for a chance to win twenty million zeni while the losers will only get five million. Now that that is said and done, would Son Goku and Son Gohan report to the field? It is time for your match."

Both fighters come out with smirks on their faces and then they drop to their stances. "Fighters ready … " Before Mike can finish, a small ki blast hits the ground between father and son. Vegeta is seen floating down to the ground and lands next to Goku.

"This is a one time deal Kakarot, GOT IT!"

"Sure thing Vegeta." Goku replies with the Son Grinâ"¢.

"What are you guys talking about?"

The two adult Saiyans just ignore Gohan and puts an earring on one of their ears. All of a sudden they are engulfed in a bright light as they are being pulled together. When the light died down only one fighter is standing where Goku and Vegeta just were. While he is looking at himself in shock, Mike speaks up.

"Well, it looks like we have a slight change in the line up. Goku has fused with Vegeta to form Vegeto. Since the match is still one on one and half of Vegeto is Goku then this is legal. So fighters ready … GO!"

Gohan was still staring at Vegeto in shock and was not ready for his barrage of attacks. After a strong right hook, Gohan goes flying to the other side of the stadium. Vegeto then launches hundreds of ki blast that all hit Gohan and explode. Vegeto waits for the smoke to clear to see what damage he has done. When the smoke clears Gohan is seen just standing there without a scratch on him. The only evidence that he has been hit is his torn and tethered shirt. Gohan just rips the remains of his shirt and slowly walks towards Vegeto. Vegeto then quickly turns to Mike.

"I thought that you said that if we fuse then we would be strong enough to beat him."

"No. I said the fusion would make you stronger. I never said that you were going to be strong enough to beat him."

Vegeto falls over anime style. He then gets back up and puts his hand behind his head. "He he. I give up then." Gohan had an almost sad look on his face when Vegeto gave up but he then just shrugs it off and left while Mike is announcing him the winner.

"Vegeto has given up so our first finalist of the tournament is Son Gohan!" Everyone is cheering wildly and Videl runs out and gives Gohan a hug and a kiss.

:: Congratulations Gohan. ::

:: Thanks Videl. I hope I see you in the finals. :: Replies Gohan with a smirk.

:: Don't worry. You will. :: Videl says with the same smirk. :: And did you know that you look better without a shirt on? :: Gohan starts blushing as Mike starts talking.

"Now to find out who will face Gohan in the finals tomorrow. Videl Satan, Fat Buu, your semifinal match is up." Fat Buu still has his silly grin on his face and Videl has a confident grin on hers. "Fighters ready … GO!"

Videl quickly goes Super Saiyan and powers up as high as she could go without going level two.

"Ooo! You're strong. Strong as Buu." Buu says with a smile.

"Actually Buu, I'm stronger." Videl then fires a medium size ki blast, expecting Buu to dodge or block it. Instead, the blast goes straight through him and since Videl wasn't paying much attention to his and Cooler's match, she doesn't know that Buu is fine.

"Are you all right? I didn't mean to kill you. I thought that you would dodge it. I'm so sorry. I … " Videl looks ready to cry at that point. (A/N: She may be Saiyan but she still hasn't killed anyone before.)

Buu then gets up and rejuvenates. "It's all right. Buu no hurt."

This got Videl mad. "WHY DIDN'T YOU DODGE? FOR THAT MATTER, WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THAT YOU COULD REJUVENATE LIKE THAT!" As Videl's anger is rising, her power level rises. Pretty soon, she is at level three with her hair going down to her knees and her eyebrows disappear. Buu may not be able to sense power levels, but he can still feel the power and Videl's is starting to scare him.

"Ooo! You're much stronger than Buu is. Buu thinks he will give up now."

Mike speaks up, snapping Videl out of what she was doing. "Fat Buu has given up so Videl wins and will face Son Gohan in the finals tomorrow. See you all tomorrow for the thirty-first and final match of the Abu-Dhabi World Martial Arts Fighting Championship." With that, Mike disappears in a blaze of flames.

A/N: Again, sorry for the delay. I'll make it up to all of you by posting another chapter in a couple of days during my Spring Break. I am sure that you will all surprised by the outcome of my tournament. I wonder if anyone could guess what will happen in the finals. Stay tuned for the next installment of Hells Rising.