Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Hells Rising ❯ The End Is Near ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I am going to say this once and only once. This damn tournament is not the main part of my story. I am trying to finish the damn thing so I could get on with the main plot. I know that several of the fighters wouldn't have given up so easily and that my matches are not that descriptive but you got to remember this is my very first story that I have ever written and I am slowly improving. So stop bugging me about it. Anyway, this chapter maybe a bit shorter than normal and that's because the only purpose of this chapter is to finish the tournament and build up some suspense for the main plot. The two matches in this chapter, I will try to make more descriptive then the others but I am not promising anything. With that said and done, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

"Normal Conversation"

< Telepathic Conversation >

~ Thinking ~

:: Bond ::

Chapter 22 - The End Is Near

It's a beautiful day today. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and hundreds of thousands (A/N: I cant remember how many people are in the stadium) of people are sitting in their stadium seats while millions of others are at home, sitting, waiting quietly for Mike to appear. Even the animals are silent for they know something very important will happen on this beautiful day.

All of a sudden, dozens of multicolored lights start flashing all over the arena. Then the WWE Raw opening theme music, `Move to the Music' (A/N: Not sure what its called and I also don't own it.) starts blaring. Out of nowhere, Mike appears on the field and on all of the televisions screens, dancing to the music. He is shortly followed by an awesome display of fireworks. Everything stops when the music ends, including everyone's cheering, which started when Mike appeared.

"WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO THE SEVENTH AND FINAL DAY OF THE ONE, THE ONLY ABU-DHABI WORLD MARTIAL ARTS FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP!" Everyone around the world cheers wildly at this. "Shortly from now, I will begin the thirty-first and final match of the tournament with Son Gohan going up against Videl Satan. Before that though, lets take a look at how they reached the top. As I give you a quick overview of their matches, highlights from those matches will appear on your televisions." More cheering rocked through the stadium.

"Son Gohan, the son of Son Goku and Son Chichi. He surpassed his father in power a little over a year ago. In his first match, Gohan got the win when he killed Cell with one of his trademark moves. In his next match, Gohan faced off against Kibito Kai, a fusion between Kibito and Shin, the Supreme Kai. Kibito Kai gave up after Gohan broke his spine. In his third match, Gohan was up against the killing machine known as Kid Buu. Gohan won by killing Kid Buu with his two trademark moves combined. In his last match, he faced off against Vegeto, a fusion between Goku and Vegeta, who quickly gave up when he realized how strong Gohan is." Vegeto, who looks very pissed off, interrupts Mike.

"Stop talking and unfuse us already!"

"Oh, I'm sorry Vegeto. Did I forget to tell you how to unfuse? My mistake. All you have to do is say I wish to unfuse and then pull off the earrings. Simple huh?"

Vegeto quickly does as Mike told him and in a puff of smoke, Vegeta and Goku appear where Vegeto once was. (A/N: Sorry, I forgot to unfuse them at the end of the last chapter.)

"Man I'm glad to have my own body back. Being with Vegeta for so long isn't all that fun."

"I AM NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN!" screams Vegeta.

~ You want to bet Veg-head. ~ "Can you two please get off my field now?"

"Oh yea sure Mike." Goku then flies off the field with Vegeta following.

"Now that that is over, I'll explain how Videl Satan made it to the finals. She is the daughter of Hercule Satan and Jesanya, who are presently divorced. Videl has been self trained up until a year ago when Gohan took her under his wing. In her first match, she got her father to give up when she put him into an ankle lock. In her second match, against Android sixteen, Android sixteen gave up when he realized how strong Videl really is. In her third match, she basically kicked Pikkon's ass all over the arena. I don't think she was too happy about Pikkon beating her mother and then taunting her. Anyway, in her last match, Fat Buu gave up after he too realized how high her power level was getting. Or maybe he gave up when he saw how high her temper was getting."

That got a chuckle out of the audience but not Videl. "I heard that!"

Mike just sweat drops. "Anyway, now these two young fighters, who have been training each other, and making out with each other for the last year, will face off against each other. Who will win? Who will be able to gloat and say that they are the champion. There's only one way to find out." ~ Too bad I already know who will win. Hehehe. ~

"Coming from the east entrance, Son Gohan!" Everyone starts cheering while Gohan makes his way to the center of the field. When the cheering dies down, Mike continues. "From the west entrance, Videl Satan!" She gets the same reaction from the crowd as she goes to where Gohan is. When she gets there, she and Gohan start to stare each other down. Mike then starts talking. "Since this is the final match, I will be trying to give you any feed back during the match. Now then, final fighters ready … GO!"

Neither fighter wastes any time and starts attacking each other. Each fighter gets many kicks and punches into the other and they also block many of each other's blows. At the same time, they each release a ki blast at each other at point blank range, which did nothing but push them back a bi. They pause for a bit and jump to Super Saiyan and then start attacking each other again. After trading blows for half an hour, they both lunch another ki blast, which also did nothing but push each other back again. They pause again and go level two and then repeat the process all over again for another half hour. Gohan and Videl seat drop this time though.

:: This isn't getting us anywhere Videl. ::

:: I know. What do you think we should do about t? :: Replies Videl with a smirk.

:: How about we just go all out and see who truly is the best. :: Answers Gohan with a smirk of his own.

Gohan and Videl gets out of their stances and puts their hands down by their sides. They both let out a tremendous yell as a golden flame engulfs them. Soon, their hair starts to grow down their backs as they achieve level three. Their yells get louder as they continue to power up. By now, the earth is shaking so hard that the Z-Fighters are surprised it hasn't split in two. The two young fighters are engulfed in a bright pillar of golden light. When the light finally dies down, Gohan and Videl are seen just standing there both they look completely different then from what they looked like just a minute before.

Their hair has gone back to their normal black selves and red fur can be seen growing off all over their bodies except for their head and a portion of their upper bodies. The fur on their tails also turns red while their clothes changes completely. Gohan now has on only a pair of brown shorts with weird designs on part of them. Videl also has the same shorts on but she also has a matching shirt to go with it. A hushed silence spreads across the entire planet when everything calms down. Chichi and Jesanya soon break that silence.

"AHH! MY BABY IS A PUNK NOW!" they quickly turn around to face everyone else in the box. "IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF ALL OF YOU AND YOUR BAD INFLUENCE!" everyone in the box by now has their hands over their ears, or in Piccolo's case, no ears at all.

Anyway, back on the field, Gohan and Videl start up the fight again. The difference is that they are now moving so fast that not even a blur can be seen by anyone, anyone except Mike that is. He is following their every movement and is trying very hard to tell every detail of the battle to the crowd. Not like anyone was listening though.

Gohan and Videl are now giving each other everything they have. Each one of the blows landed and gave the receiver a new bruise. Right when Gohan is about to punch Videl again, she phases out of sight and then reappears on Gohan's left arm. With a quick twist of her body, Gohan's arm snaps in half. She then lets go and jumps back a bit while Gohan grabs his arm in pain.

"Had enough yet Gohan?" taunts Videl with a smirk.

Gohan just smirks right back. "The way I see it Videl, we're just getting started." Gohan then snaps his arm back into place and launches a large ki blast at her, sending her out of the stadium. Gohan smirks to himself again and flies after her.

Gohan quickly catches up to Videl, who is still sailing over the earth. When he gets right next to her, he delivers a double ax hammer to her back, sending her back down to earth. She hits the ground hard, forming a crater in the process. Videl quickly recovers and flies out of the crater and straight at Gohan. They clash again in a fury of punches and kicks. Videl then lands a hard knee into Gohan's midsection. As he doubles over, Videl kicks him in the face, sending him flying high. She then phases out and appears above Gohan. She starts a back flip in order to bicycle kick him back to earth but just before the kick connects, Gohan disappears. Gohan then reappears behind Videl and delivers a drop kick to the back of the head, sending her flying back towards the arena. Before Videl gets too far though, she unleashes a thin ki beam, which acts like a whip, and wraps around his neck, pulling him along with her.

When the two reenter the stadium, Videl goes straight into the ground while Gohan goes straight into the wall and each, eventually hits one of the barriers. Both fighters slowly get up and then go back to the center of the field smirking to each other. They bring their hands above their heads and start chanting the same thing. "Ma … Sanko … HA!" As they finish the chant, they bring both of there hands down and release a huge yellow ball of ki that goes straight for each other. Instead of the attacks meeting head on, they go around each other and go on a collision coarse of the appointed fighter. Both of them jump over the blasts and when they land they stare each other in the eye while smirking as they secretly, take control of their attacks and start looping them around so that they come back and hit the fighter from behind. A look of realization appears on both of their faces as they quickly turn around in time to see the blast hit them and explode. When the smoke clears, both fighters are seen on the found in their normal Saiyan state with cuts and bruises all over their bodies. Mike then starts the timer.

The crowd starts counting down when the timer hits ten seconds. Gohan, at this time, is on his hands and knees and looks like he will be able to get up before time runs out. Videl, however, could only manage to roll onto her back and is breathing very heavily. She is too injured to get up. As the crowd shouts out `one' Gohan collapses back to the ground and hits it right before the timer reaches zero. The crowd quiets down immediately in order to see how Mike is going to rule this.

~ I knew this would happen. Good thing I'm ready for this. ~ Mike thinks to himself with a smirk on his face. "If this were any other match, I would have said that they both lose and send them on their way. However, this is the finals and we need a champion. Both fighters were even in power and skill throughout the entire match. Neither one of them had the upper hand longer than the other. With that in mind, I declare that both Son Gohan and Videl, who fought with everything that they had in this match, … are the winners of the Abu-Dhabi World Martial Arts Fighting Championship. They are both the champions, they will both receive the twenty million zeni grand prize, and they will both face me, at the same time, in the exhibition match. Yes you heard me right. It will be a two on one match that will take place right after the award ceremony, which will take place at three o'clock sharp. WOOOO!" Mike then walks away and off of the field leaving the same thought in everyone's mind.

~ He wants to fight them both! IS HE INSANE! ~ (A/N: I would have ended it right then and there, seeing as how good of a job I did on describing the match but I did promise that I would do the exhibition match in this chapter so enjoy.)

Several hours has gone by since Mike's surprise announcement. Gohan and Videl got a Senzu Bean shortly after their match and are now pacing around the box nervously.

"Calm down you two. You shouldn't be so worried about a single little match." Says Goku.

"Goku's right guys. You two can easily beat Mike." Says Krillin. The two young fighters abruptly stop pacing so that they could glare at the former monk.

"If we can easily beat him, then why did he set up the match?" proclaims Videl.

"Because the brat's a fool." Says Vegeta.

"What do you feel about all of this son?" asks Goku.

Gohan looks over to his father to answer. "To be honest dad, I don't think this match is going to be easy. No one knows how strong or how fast Mike really is. No one knows what he is capable of. Nor do any of us know the real reason why Mike set this whole tournament up."

"What do you mean bro?" asks Krillin, though it is Videl who answers.

"We think that this entire tournament was made for Gohan and I only. More specifically, getting Gohan and I stronger. This enemy that Mike has spoken of on several accounts will be nothing like any of the other enemies that has appeared in the past. Plus, Gohan and I have had a very bad feeling that something very terrible will happen. As the day goes by, the feeling has gotten stronger." As Videl finishes what she is saying, Mike appears on the field.

"Hello once again. I will now start the award ceremony. When I call your name, please report to the field to accept your prize. First, the winners of the one million zeni prize. It goes to Vegeta, Krillin, and Pikkon. Please come forward to accept your prize." Mike hands each fighter a small bag of zeni as they arrive. The fighters then step off to the left side of Mike.

"Next are the winners of the five million zeni prize. Vegeto and Fat Buu are the two. Since Vegeto was a fusion between Goku and Vegeta, and since they split, the five million that Vegeto would have won will be split between the two. So Goku and Vegeta will receive two point five million zeni while Fat Buu will receive the full five million zeni." Mike waits for the cheering to stop before continuing. "The grand prize goes to not one but two fighters. Son Gohan and Videl Satan each gets twenty million zeni for winning the tournament." It doesn't take long for the two fighters to get out there and accept their prizes. "Lets give it up for all of these fighters. Now, my match will start in five minutes so that is how much time everyone has to get ready. You two go back to the back and wait to be called out by my temporary replacement announcer." Mike then disappears again and everyone steps off of the field. After a few minutes, a new voice is heard but no one is seen.

"This match will be for twenty million zeni. The opponents, whom are the champions of the tournament, coming from the east entrance, Son Gohan and Videl Satan." Both fighters walk out and wait in the center of the field. "From the west entrance, the challenger. The one, the only, the great MIKE!" As the voice is saying this, WWE superstar Bill Goldberg's theme music is playing. (A/N: Don't own that either.) Mike slowly walks out and over to Gohan and Videl. "The same rules apply as it did with the tournament. So, fighters ready … GO!"

Mike smirks and crosses his arms while Gohan and Videl are trying to figure out what to do.

:: What do you think we should do Gohan? ::

:: I, for one, don't want to take any chances with this. How about we just power up as high as we can go and end this match as quickly as possible. ::

:: Right. ::

Gohan and Videl stands side by side and starts to power up. They skip levels one and two and go straight to level three. Then with a slight pause, they make it to level four. They calm down a bit and drop into heir stances. Throughout all of this, Mike just stands there with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face.

Out of nowhere, Videl charges for Mike. Just as she is about to land her punch, Mike does a front flip over her, lands on his pointer finger, and then extends his legs, thus kicking her in the back of her head and sending her flying across the field and into the wall. Mike is still in that position as Gohan starts charging at Mike. As Gohan gets closer, Mike pushes off of the ground with his finger and sails right over Gohan. As Mike was above him, he uses his legs to grab Gohan's head, and using his momentum while coming down, sends Gohan across the arena in the opposite direction that Videl went and straight into a wall. Mike quickly jumps back up to his feet still smirking as Gohan and Videl slowly pull themselves out of the ruble.

:: Did you feel that Videl? ::

:: Yea, I did. How the hell could he power up to our levels in less then a second like it was nothing? ::

:: I have no idea. ::

:: So what do we do? ::

:: We will do what any other Saiyan would do in a situation like this. Charge in headfirst and hope for the best. ::

:: Sounds good to me. ::

Gohan and Videl charges at Mike again only at the same time this time. They clash with him in the center of the field. Gohan and Videl start to unleash hell with their fists and feet but Mike, with his smirk still on his face, blocks or dodge every single attack. This only lasts for ten minutes though. All of a sudden, the smirk drops from Mike's face and is replaced by a very serious look which freaks out Gohan and Videl a bit since they never seen Mike look serious before. Mike then grabs the two by their necks, not really choking them, just holding them in place.

"THIS MATCH IS OFFICIALLY CANCELED!" yells Mike.

A shocked look appears on everyone's faces. Mike then throws the two demi-saiyans towards the box. He quickly pulls out a remote and uses it to drop the shield that's around the box, allowing the two to smash threw the window. Goku and Piccolo catches the two teens and before they can get up and go back out, Mike raises the shield again and then locks the only door that lets them out. A very scared expression then appears on everyone's who can sense ki, faces. Everyone's face but Mike's, which only hardens.

"What is it guys?" asks a worried Bulma.

Gohan is the one that answers here. "So dark, so evil. I've never sensed anything like this before in my life. And their power, its imaginable, even to Videl and I."

All of a sudden, thousands of the vilest creatures ever seen before, appears all around the top wall of the stadium. Then one of the creatures steps forward with an evil grin that can send chills down even Vegeta's spine. He stares Mike right in the eye from his position on top of the stadium and says the last two words that any of the Z-Fighters ever wanted to hear.

"KILL HIM!"

A/N: That was a lot longer than I thought it would be. Are these vile creatures the enemies that Mike has been speaking of? Can anyone stop them? Find out in the next installment of Hells Rising.