Fan Fiction ❯ It Only Hurts ❯ It Only Hurts When Reality Settles In ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Spike watched her walk off before he stood up and headed for her fathers office. He had a satisfied smirk planted on his face as he walked in and looked at the man who had so willingly handed over his daughter. “I'm staying. You know what that means, yes?”
 
Gabriel looked up at the younger boy and nodded. “She's yours, and it'll stay like that until you either leave the gang, or you die.”
 
Gabriel didn't exactly like handing over his daughter to Spike, but it was a good business deal. Spike had his hands in the darker side of the world even darker then Gabriel's gang or any other for that matter. Gabriel didn't just hand over his daughter to Spike he signed her away to a demon of the devil.
 
That's right Spike was no punk human that had a thing for hair dye. That was his natural hair color. He had intense eyes because they had seen a lot and were trained to look right into the soul of a person. Spike was a demon, no particular type just a demon that was there to corrupt the earth even more then it already was. Now he might not have been a demon of the devil, hell he didn't even believe in god or the devil, but he had met a lot of people that could have come close to being the devil, some even girls.
 
“Wrong, she'll be mine even in death. But I give you my word that if I leave the gang she will be free, unless she wants it otherwise.”
 
“I'm supposed to believe the word of a demon?” Gabriel asked raising an eyebrow at him.
 
“A demon's word is bound by magic, if I were to break my word I'd probably die an excruciating death.” Spike said with a shrug this fact not bothering him at all. “Besides I don't plan on leaving so she's going to be mine for a good long time.”
 
Gabriel nodded at his statement and then nodded for Spike to leave. “I'll take your word for it then.”
 
Spike nodded and left the office heading after Kitty. He'd have some more fun with her before her friends decided to show up. Then he'd go back to his harmless flirty side that Kitty's friends would be accustom to, the only people who were going to see his dark, or possessive side was Kitty and people who went on jobs with him. Once in the dinning room he took a seat at Kitty's table saying, “Hi there Kitten.”
 
Kitty glared up at him from her bowl of ramen, and then went back to eating not saying a word.
 
Spike watched her for a while until a waiter came up and asked what he wanted. He asked for a soda and then when back to watching Kitty. “What's wrong now? It's not because I won that sparring match is it?”
 
Kitty pushed the bowl away from her and stood up fishing in her pocket. After a moment or two she pulled out a note and dropped it on the table in front of him before walking away.
 
Spike watched her for a second before picking up the note. After reading it he stuffed it in his pocket and followed after her. He caught up to her after about four minutes and said, “That was not my fault.”
 
Kitty turned on her heal poking him in the chest saying, “What do you mean “not my fault”? They left because someone thought it had to go through you! They're my friends it should go through me! You arrogant, big headed, jerk! I want nothing to do with you!”
 
Spike growled grabbing onto her wrist, “You don't get that choice! It's mine, because you are mine!”
 
Kitty pulled her wrist back and said her voice shaky and tears running down her cheeks, “Why can't you leave me alone? What did I ever do to you?”
 
Spike followed after her when she walked away from him and said, “Kitten come back here…”
 
Kitty opened a door and stepped in ready to shut it before he stopped her, she just plainly walked away, wiping at her cheeks as her little outburst of tears stopped. She heard him shut the door before she said, “I don't have to listen to you. I don't want to talk to you. I just want you to go away.”
 
Spike growled, she was going to listen to him even if he had to hold her down to get her to do so. He knew she didn't like him and she didn't want to listen to him, but she was his, she would learn to do both, and he would teach her if she didn't it learn on her own.
 
“Get out…” Kitty complained weakly as he stalked up to her, his presence overwhelming.
 
Spike glared down at her as she half sat half fell on the couch. “Pay attention closely Kitten, because I'm not saying this twice. Your dad made a deal with a demon, in other words me, you can't break it anymore then he can.”
 
“You're joking right?” Kitty asked skeptically as she tried to push herself into the couch to get away from him.
 
“No, I'm a demon.” Spike said as he leaned down leaning to her eyelevel his hands on the back of the couch for support and so she was trapped in-between his arms. “But considering your reaction I'll take it that you know about demons.”
 
“Faintly…” Kitty said as she looked to the side trying to avoid his gaze. “Myths mostly…”
 
“What kind of myths?” Spike asked as he nuzzled her cheek.
 
“I know about deals…It's bound by magic, I'll never be able to gather the will to run from you, or try and kill you, if I ever manage to run for it I'll probably come back.” Kitty said when he brought his face back enough to look at her.
 
“Only a few flaws in that one, you'll never be able to kill me I'll be able to tell and unless I let you, I'll be able to stop you, and not probably, you will come back and that's only if I don't find you and drag you back before hand.” Spike said before nipping at her bottom lip which was push out slightly in a pout.
 
“You're trying to get me to warm up to you…” Kitty pointed out.
 
“Is it working?” Spike asked kissing the side of her mouth.
 
Kitty knew it was, but shook her head all the same. “No…” Kitty whispered failing at any attempt to sound confident in what she was telling him.
 
“Lair.” Spike breathed into her ear. “You're lying…”
 
“I am not…” Kitty whined when he pulled back from her, and stood all the way up. It was clicking somewhere in her head that he wasn't just making her warm up to him, but also make her needy. This part of her mind must have been small because it didn't bother her one bit, though it should have.
 
Spike smirked at her and said, “I thought you didn't want anything to do with me?”
 
Kitty watched him for a while before that small part of her mind got bigger. “You jerk! I can't believe you pulled that demon seduction thing on me!”
 
Spike put his hand on her cheek and said, “Hey I have to start somewhere Kitten, I would have worked this out the old fashion way, but you were being stubborn, I had no choice. Now you're just a tad bit needy for my touch.” He slid his hand from her cheek down to her chin and then dropped his hand back down to his side. “Nothing that'll kill you if you don't get it, if you have a strong will you'll be able to get away with just sticking around with me for most of the day. Either way I'm staying with you for a few night's.”
 
“No way in hell!”
 
~
 
Kitty watched Spike spar with Jo as she sat off to the side, not in the mood for a fight. She had to admit he was rather nice when he wasn't being possessive, the only reason he was down here at two in the morning was because she wouldn't sleep. As for Jo, he had a job to do in an hour or so.
 
Now she didn't know if she could actually sleep, but at the moment she absolutely refused to even try. She had gotten into a fight with her dad, not a fight, fight, but a verbal fight. It had ended with her leaving the room claiming that she'd never speak to him again. Her exact words were “I hate you, I'm never going to talk to you again, I'll never utter another sound to you!” to say the least…it sounded final.
 
Kitty glared at Spike now, he was the cause of all this. If it wasn't for him none of this would have happened. But she toned down the glare leaning her forehead on her knees that were brought up close to her body. Not only was he the cause of all this he was also the new object of her affections, and come to think of it, that was his fault too.
 
This just wasn't fair…
 
“Nice fight.” Spike congratulated Jo as he helped him up.
 
“You too, that's some right hook.” Jo said rubbing his jaw. “But I wouldn't expect any less from a demon of your status.”
 
That was another thing. It appeared that Spike was the son of one of the demon rulers. That brought a whole new meaning to the word possessive. He had never been denied anything in his life, Kitty's attitude was just a speed-bump to getting what he wanted.
 
Spike walked over to Kitty and kneeled down in front of her and asked, “Are you ready to sleep yet Kitten?”
 
“No.” Kitty snapped at him.
 
Kitty's head snapped up to look at Spike when a small whimper came from him. She glared at him accusingly before she looked just as utterly defeated as him. “Please, you need to sleep.” Spike insisted in a defeated tone.
 
He had to be manipulating her. If he was really that afraid for her health he'd force her to lie down and not move until she fell asleep. So she told him what she thought, “You're manipulating me aren't you?”
 
Spike grinned at her, not answering her question instead saying, “Come on Kitten you need rest.”
 
“No.” Kitty said looking away from him as stubborn as a little kid asking for five more minutes.
 
“I'll leave.” Spike threatened.
 
“That's not a very good threat you know, because that's exactly what I want you to do…” Kitty pointed out as she glared at him. “So try again.”
 
Spike stood up and said, “Fine, I'm not leaving the gang just the hotel, let's see how long you last. You'll eventually pass out from trying to leave, I'll put someone at the door to stop you by the way, then when you wake up you'll be very upset.” When Kitty stood up and started to leave he stopped her by grabbing her around the waist pulling her so her back was against his chest and his mouth was right by her ear. “First you'll be confused, wondering what's wrong with you, wondering why you feel so utterly alone, then you'll figure it out, by then you'll have started to cry, and then you'll regret making me mad, you'll cry harder then, asking me to come back because you know I can hear you. Guess what? I won't come back, not until you beg…”
 
Kitty took in a shaky breath saying, “Spike your wrong, that won't happen, so let me go…”
 
“Well we'll see whose right, now won't we?” Spike said as he let go of her and started to walk away.
 
Kitty watched him for a moment, it felt like he was dragging some part of her with him, she clenched her fist digging her nails into her skin, blood slowly started to drip from her hands to the ground. “I don't need him…” Kitty insisted as he disappeared up the steps. “I don't need him…”
 
She started to shake as she forcibly opened her hands letting a small amount of blood, from each hand, drop to the ground with a soft splat. “I don't need him…”
 
He had probably left the building by now. It was safe to walk up stairs. But no, she wouldn't move, if she did, she'd run after him, she'd want to try and stop him. He was testing her, and she was not going to appear weak, though the spots of blood on the ground already proved that she was, or at least to herself.
 
Not being able to take it anymore she ran to the stairs and up them. She had been right, he was no where to be seen. The guy stationed at the front desk eyed her, then the door then looked back at her shaking his head.
 
Kitty let out a small growl and headed for the elevator to go up to her room. Once the doors opened on the second floor she ran to her door and hurriedly went in side and locked the door hoping that she would just keep it locked and stop her from doing anything overly stupid. She looked around what she could see of the room. He wasn't in here. She then walked farther into the room after a second.
 
Maybe he really had left...
 
“I thought it would take you longer Kitten.” Spike said as he walked into her line of vision with his duffle-bag, that he hadn't unpacked to begin with, slung over his shoulder.
 
She wanted to tell him not to leave, but her pride got the best of her and she just glared at him and then brushed passed him.
 
“See you then.” Spike said as he walked towards the door.
 
“No…” Kitty whined turning around and grabbing on to his free wrist. “Please…”
 
Spike smirked but kept his back to her and asked, “Please what Kitten?”
 
Kitty let go of his wrist but when he started to move she grabbed on again, and then shifted so she was in front of him blocking him from the door. “Please…”
 
“Tell me what you want.” Spike said dropping the smirk letting her know if she answered wrong he'd make good on his threat. “If you don't I'll have to leave, and you only get one more chance Kitten.”
 
Kitty swallowed and looked at the ground saying softly, “Don't leave me…”
 
Spike smiled dropping his duffle off to the side pulling her close to him in a hug. “Ok I won't…”
 
Kitty hugged him back burying her head into his chest. One part of her hated him for what he was doing, the other part just wanted to be with him no matter what he did or how bad it was. “You're a pain in the ass…” Kitty mumbled to him.
 
Spike let out a small chuckle and kissed the top of her head. “Comes with the job title Kitten.”
 
Kitty let go of him and walked around him snatching the duffle as she did. “Get a different job.” Kitty said as she dropped it by the couch and sat down on said couch.
 
“But this one's so much fun Kitten.” Spike said with a grin as he plopped down on the couch next to her, wrapping an arm around her.
 
~
 
“Kitten…” Spike whispered softly near her ear. “Come on Kitten let's go into your room…where there's more room to lay down…”
 
Kitty nuzzled her head against him mumbling, “Do I have to?”
 
“Nah, I'll carry you.” Spike said slipping an arm under her legs before she could protest. “You can go back to sleep now Kitten.” He said in a sing-song voice.
 
“Let me down!” Kitty growled. “And what have I told you about calling me Kitten?!”
 
“No, and I haven't cared to remember, but I suppose you're going to enlighten me on the subject.” Spike said looking down at her with a smile before setting her on the bed, and then crawling over her and pulling her back against him.
 
“I told you not to call me Kitten.” Kitty growled as she looked behind her at him.
 
“Right, right I remember that now.” Spike said as he leaned up and kissed her nose. “Now go back to sleep.”
 
Kitty yawned slightly as she laid back down, deciding to listen. He was a pain yes, but he was somewhat comforting. Kitty vaguely wondered if there was something wrong with feeling comforted by a demon. There probably was, it was probably morbid or something, but he was so warm despite all the books she had read, most said that they felt like ice to humans.
 
Kitty turned around in his arm and put her forehead to his chest, so he couldn't see his, no doubt, questioning eyes. She felt and heard him let out a content sigh as he held her closer.
 
Something pulled at her. Like she wasn't the same person. Like she had suddenly lost touch with herself. It had to do with Spike, but his sent was too nice to start doubting things at the moment.
 
She'd worry about them in the morning…