Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Kitsune-chan..... An Eighth Seishi? ❯ Kitsune is kicking some ass! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yay! SIXTH CHAPPIE FOR THE FIC!! WOO HOO! I don't think I've ever written a fic this long before. Oh well! There's a first time for almost everything! I almost smacked myself when the idea for this chapter came to me because it's just so over-used and goes *WAY* away from the plot, but it's been nagging the back of my brain and won't knock it the hell off so I'll make it happy and try to find *SOME* way to fit it in here....
Hiei: What the hell are you talking about now?
Ah! Little Hiei-chan is back to normal! How fun!
Hiei: ::glares::
::ignores the glare:: Anyway, read it afterwards and you'll find out, baka! ::turns back to the readers:: Ok, this is the beginning of chapter six to the story! I hope you like it and review! I'm a sucker for reviews, after all. Oh! And I don't mention the greatness of the DragonLance series that is yet again mentioned in this chappie!
A few weeks have gone by with Kitsune slowly gaining more control over her new powers. She's still no closer to figuring out how to increase her speed or the levitation she discovered she had completely on accident.
Smiling to herself, she remembers back to the day she woke up in her bed..... Actually, ABOVE her bed would be a more apropriate way of saying it.
The creaking of her bedroom door draws her attention back to the present and to the blue haired monk now entering the room. Chichiri, seeing that she's awake, smiles and says, "Good mornng, no da. I came in to wake you up, but it seems there wasn't any need, na no da."
Kit sits up on her bed and smiles back, "Morning, Chiri! I've been awake for a little while now. I've just been letting my mind wander is all."
"Well it's breakfast time and Miaka-chan and Hoto-kun asked me to wake you up, no da."
With that said, he leaves the room to allow Kit to get dressed before they both head to breakfast together.
"Today I was planning on trying to figure out the whole levitation thing," She says to Hotohori when he asks about her plans for the day. "I've at least shown signs of that one recently. I still have no idea how to work the faster speeds, however. I've also been planning on taking a walk some time this morning. I haven't had any time to myself lately that hasn't involved training in some way so I'm hoping to take advantage of that maybe after breakfast."
"That sounds like a good idea. A bit of fresh air will do you some good, Kit-chan," Miaka replies behind a mouthful of food.
Sighing, Hotohori looks at her and says, "You shouldn't speak with your mouth full, or even have your mouth that full for that matter."
The rest of the seishi laugh as the two begin to bicker about Miaka's eating habits and almost no one notices Kitsune slip out the door for her walk. The only one who does, of course, is none other than our Chichiri.
Maybe I'd better follow her, no da. She may have better control now, but I don't know how well she'd be able to work them if there was trouble, no da. Also slipping out the door, Chichiri masks his ki from Kit so she's free to enjoy her walk through the woods without disruption.
Kitsune had donned her light green fighting pants with her black tunic so unless you were looking for her specifically, she mostly went un-noticed. Chichiri followed at a safe distance and smiled to himself as she started a sort of twirling dance within a rainstorm of sakura blossoms. After a few minutes of just twirling and spinning around, she sits down beneath the tree that had supplied part of her dance and pulled out a book. Curiousity peaked in Chichiri so he maneuvered himself so he could read the title.
The Soulforge, no da? Hm, sounds interesting. As he's pondering what the book could be about, neither he, nor his koi notice the two guys creeping up on Kit.
"Morning, precious," Comes a gravelly voice to her right.
"We haven't seen you since you were last in Saren, Kitsune," Adds the taller of the two in a slightly more pleastant sounding voice.
Kit jumps and looks back and forth from one man to the other before demanding, "What do you two want now?!"
"Now, now, love," the taller replies lightly with a smirk, "is that any way to speak to us after what we went through to find you?"
"You can tell I'm just ever so happy you found me," Comes the sarcastic reply. As of now, Chichiri is brought back from his thoughts and is listening in on the conversation between his love and two men that she obviously doesn't care for at all.
A resounding smack is heard as the shorter backhands her. Narrowing his eye, Chichiri readies to launch himself at the two who dared to touch her. Before he has a chance, however, she stands and pulls her concealed sword on them.
With a smirk she looks at their shocked faces and says darkly, "You're going to regret that. That, and everything else you've put me through!" The sound of metal slicing through flesh followed by twin noises of bodies hitting the ground are heard before Kit walks off to find a more peaceful spot, muttering about idiots not being capable of leaving her to her peace and quiet. Glancing behind her, she looks at Chichiri and grins, "You didn't need for follow me, love."
His eyes widen at the realization that he's been caught before asking, "How long have you known I was there?"
She smiles and giggles, "The whole time. You can't mask your presence from me, Chiri-koi, it's a very unique ki that can never be completely hidden from me. It's sweet that you wanted to watch out for me, though."
"If you knew I was there the whole time, why didn't you say anything, no da?"
"Didn't wanna ruin your toughts of being able to watch over me, koi," She replies before sitting down beneath another Sakura tree and returning to her book.
Smiling slightly, Chichiri turns to go back to the encampment, "Well, then I'll see you when you get back, no da."
"You don't have to go," She replies softly, looking up from her book. "We never get time to ourselves any more, why ruin the perfect moment now?"
His smile growing a little, he walks back over to Kit and sits next to her. She leans her head against his shoulder and continues to read.
I'm going to ask about those two eventually, you know that, right, no da? He gently sends to her mind, knowing she'll hear him.
Yes, but right now, let's just enjoy each others' company and talk about unpleasantries later.
Alright, no da.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is gonna be the longest story I've ever written! I STILL haven't gotten to the main plot!
Hiei: You SERIOUSLY have a plot for this one? A pre-meditated plot?
::defensively:: Of course I do! Is that so hard to believe?
Heero: Yes it is.
YOU'RE ALL AGAINST ME!!! ::pouts:: Anyways, review! I haven't gotten any for this story yet! Review if ya like, review if ya don't! Though, if you don't, I'd prefer constructive criticism to senseless bitching. These comments will be removed and used to roast MARSHMELLOWS!