InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Dog in the House ❯ The Happy News ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 2 – The Happy News

AN:  So this is going to be a one-shot series, but updates will be sporadic as the ideas come to mind.  Enjoy!

Kagome insisted on passing on the happy news of her pregnancy to their family in person, which Sesshomaru felt was an unnecessary waste of gasoline and time.  However the look his mate gave him brooked no argument and so he gave in to her demands.

Kagome made two phone calls and arrangements to visit her family and his the following day leaving out the reason for this abrupt social call.  Her excuse?  The pups needed to spend time with their grandparents.  

Sesshomaru was not looking forward to this trip.

The next afternoon the twins were packed and loaded into their car, which was an undertaking all its own with the amount of equipment required to go with them to keep them amused at their grandparent.  While the boys were already just over a year-and-a-half in human years and he had taken over their daily care and training, they were still a handful and full of energy and as tricky as kitsune.  They were highly intelligent and very fast on their little feet and keeping up with them could wear even him out at times.  Outings were dicey and keeping their demon nature from being exposed was difficult even for one as strong as Sesshomaru.

The Taisho family made their way across town to the Higurashi family shrine, a DVD of Little Einstein’s playing in the back for entertainment.  It also managed to keep the rambunctious twins from tearing up their car seats with their little clawsÉfor a little while.  However Sesshomaru always had a backup video of Winnie the Pooh just in case they lost interest in the first video and Kagome knew what signs to watch for to switch the movies.

When they arrived, Sesshomaru parked the family car at the base of the shrine steps and turned the car off.  Taking a deep cleansing breath Sesshomaru got out of the car to face the music.


&&&&&&

Kagome’s mother had been ecstatic at the news.  The hope was that there would be a dark-haired blue-eyed little granddaughter in her future.  The boys were beautiful in their own right being the spitting image of their father, but she really hoped that this next child would look like her daughter.

Hitomi also hoped that the next child wouldn’t be as high-spirited as her grandsons.  Honestly, she didn’t know how Kagome and Sesshomaru handled the two little boys!  Since they had become mobile they were everywhere and into everything and she spent a day preparing for their visit and a day cleaning up after!  She loved the little boys dearly but they were more than a handful.

Sesshomaru looked at his watch noting that it was time that they leave to make their way to his father’s home.  Thanking Hitomi for having them over and accepting the congratulations, the Taisho family packed up and was on the road once again.

&&&&&&

The news had been delivered and Izayoi and Touga had been thrilled with the news.  Izayoi and Kagome had hugged and squealed at the thought of more shopping as Touga pulled his son into his study and closed the door behind him allowing for privacy and a little quiet.  Going to the wet bar near his desk Touga poured two snifters of his best brandy and handed one to Sesshomaru.

Touga sat at his desk while his son sat in a chair in front of the cherry wood behemoth and took a large drink of the brandy.  

Touga stared at his son, his golden eyes observing the boy in front of him.  Finally he couldn’t hold it in any more.  ÒAre you INSANE Sesshomaru?  Pupped so soon after having twins who, I’m sorry to say are too much to handle for one person as it is?  What were you thinking?Ó

Sesshomaru cringed as his father berated him like an irresponsible pup.  He hadn’t been in this position since the last time he had almost killed his half-brother in one of their ÒpracticeÓ fights.

ÒDon’t you remember last time she was pupped?  The cravings?  The mood swings?  The swelling?  And that was just you!Ó Touga reminded him.

Sesshomaru had forgotten that bit of information.  

Oh joy.
 
Converting /tmp/phpTQWali to /dev/stdout