InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Dog in the House ❯ Chapter 3

[ A - All Readers ]

AN: These are prompts from DDN at Doguka. Instead of posting them individually, I'm posting them all at once.
Hope you enjoy!
Prompt: Finger
Words: 100
Sesshomaru had just returned from telling his Lady Mother that she was to be a grandmother once again. He cringed at her reaction to the news.
"You do know how these things happen, don't you Sesshomaru?" she asked condescendingly.
If he could hide somewhere he would have. But a demon in his position, a Lord for heaven's sake, forbid him to hide from his mommy like the little child he felt like inside. Instead he sat in her home on her extremely expensive couch and took it like the male he was while she figuratively shook her finger at him.
Prompt: Open
Words: 100
Sesshomaru found the front door of his home open which begged the question why?
He had only been gone an hour and Kagome assured her mate that she would be able to watch the pups on her own since they were down for a nap. He had known the boys would sleep at least two hours so he had made sure to return within that time frame.
However, it did not explain why the door was left open.
Sesshomaru searched the house with his youki finding no sign of his mate or pups.
Where are they?
Panic filled his heart.
Prompt: Face
Words: 100
Kagome arrived at their home with the pups in their tandem stroller. The boys had awakened earlier than usual from their nap so Kagome decided to take them for a stroll to keep them occupied until their father returned home.
Hopefully soon because she didn't know how long she could entertain the little monsters before they started to get bored and want to tear things up.
She was surprised to find her mate on the front porch, the look on his face was of one who looked as if he had lost his most prized possession.
"Sesshou? Are you okay?"
Prompt: Tea
Words: 100
After having given the pups a snack and set them up with entertainment for their short attention spans, Kagome and Sesshomaru sat at a nearby table sipping tea keeping an eye on their active little boys.
"Where did you go?" Sesshomaru asked once he had calmed down from his panic attack.
"Just a walk around the block," Kagome told him as she nibbled on a cracker to tie her over until supper. "Why were you so upset when we came home? I left a note on the table."
"I assumed the worst when I found the front door wide open."
Prompt: Club
Words: 100
"I didn't sense anyone within the house and….." CRASH!
Apparently mother and father were too intent on their conversation and didn't notice the eldest twin had pulled himself up and was standing next to the couch. Daiichi had grabbed a pillow from the couch and swung it like a club or a sword at anything within his reach. That had included the lamp that once sat on the end table next to the couch.
Meanwhile his little brother Daisuke continued to sit on the floor giggling and clapping at his brother's antics.
Sesshomaru was inwardly proud of his son's form.
Prompt: Poor
Words: 100
Sesshomaru picked up his boys and muttered "We'll be in the dojo" as he left poor Kagome to deal with the mess left by the boys. She shook her head in wonder at how he could be so calm. He had a fairly unshakable demeanor.
Unless you and the pups disappear without a trace, that is.
Kagome had felt bad for scaring her husband but had showed him the note she had left prior to leaving the house for their walk. When they had shown up home Sesshomaru had pulled the three of them into a hug of the century.
Prompt: Boy
Words: 100
Sesshomaru figured it was time to teach his pups the basics of swordplay. Even though they did not speak yet, they heard and understood directions and had an understanding that went beyond human children at their age.
He sat each boy facing each other with their feet in front of them giving enough space between them for what he had planned. He then went to an old chest that sat in the corner and opened it carefully pulling out two miniature bokuto that he had specially commissioned for the pups.
Kneeling down, a father began teaching his sons his craft.
AN: Obviously I would not condone teaching children of this age swordplay. This is fanFICTION and I am working it for all I can
Prompt: None
Words: 100
After straightening up the destruction left in the living room, Kagome went in search of her mate and pup to see what they were up to. As she had been told Kagome found them in the dojo and was amazed at the sight she found there.
Her sons were sitting on the floor swinging what looked like play swords but with incredible speed and accuracy. Daiichi's face was scrunched in concentration, his crescent marked forehead marked with creases from his focus as he parried. His little brother Daisuke looked for weakness in the elder's form with each parry and thrust.
Prompt: Hero
Words: 100
Kagome watched as her pups continued their play, their actions so similar to her mate and his brother Inuyasha. Minus the bad language.
Sesshomaru concluded their training deciding they would be making a daily routine of this seeing as the boys were naturals.
Of course. They are my sons.
Gathering the bokuto from his son's grips he placed them in their place within the chest and then proceeded to lock it.
No need for sneaky little pups getting at them unattended.
Kagome, in typical fashion, managed to trip over herself only to be caught in her mate's arms. "My hero."
Prompt: Ice
Words: 100
Sesshomaru held his mate making sure she wouldn't suffer the fate of hitting the floor. His golden eyes held her blue ones as he held her in his arms.
Two pairs of little arms found their way around mother and father, the pups wanting to be a part of the group hug causing the typically icy shell of the great demon lord to melt away completely.
In that moment he felt whole with his mate once more expecting and his pups. This is what a family should be like, he thought to himself as he stood there with his pack.
Prompt: Cream
Words: 331 (sorry, I couldn't keep it to 100 - I had too much fun)
It was the twins 2nd birthday and Kagome wanted to make their cake from scratch. She allowed Izayoi and Toga to hold the festivities at their home since they had enough acreage for the little ones to run around.
Oh yes, they were definitely running.
Since they had learned to walk, Sesshomaru had made a daily excursion to their grandparent's to let them run and pounce and wear their little bodies out. It seemed that they were more like their inu counterparts then they thought and needed a good run daily to keep them from tearing things up.
Hunh. Go figure.
Kagome had finished baking the cake itself allowing it to sit on top of the refrigerator to cool, not wanting to chance little fingers getting into the cake too early. She began to whip the cream for the frosting to a good fluff and added a light amount of sugar and vanilla for flavoring and then a little blue food coloring to honor her mate and son's crescent moon color.
She placed the whipped cream in the refrigerator to keep cool and to stiffen some more while she went upstairs to check on her males and to prepare for the afternoon.
Kagome found her husband kneeled on the bathroom floor next to the bathtub and couldn't control the snicker that left her lips. Her mate, upon hearing his wife's giggle, turned a glare at her, his bangs plastered to his forehead and clothing dripping wet.
She couldn't help it. She let loose and laughed at Sesshomaru who looked like a drowned rat.
Not a good idea.
He didn't take to well at being laughed at. However, he was not beyond getting even. With a smile that would make the toughest man cringe in fear, he grabbed a cup that had been floating in the tub and proceeded to fill it with bathwater only to pour it on his lovely mate's head.
And thus started their very first family water fight.
AN: I love moments like that. I recall how after a fairly brutal rain I allowed my 6 and 8-year old to go play in the mud puddles. They had a blast and remember that moment to this day at 19 and 20.