InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Dog in the House ❯ Chapter 9

[ A - All Readers ]

Prompt:  Socks from Riku Riyuu's random prompts
Min word count:  100
Actual:  250
 
 
It was naptime for the Taisho tots and it was a time of rest for their slightly harried father.  While Sesshomaru was more than capable of taking care of the boys, he was finding it more and more difficult to keep the tykes entertained.
 
Borrowing his mate's idea of calling her mother, Sesshomaru put in a call to his own to find out what it was that she did with him as he was growing up.  Of course the former Lady of the West was really no help at all, since there had been scores of servants, scholars and an army at her disposal to keep the young master entertained.
 
Frustrated, but having a clearer direction, Sesshomaru's ears heard he sounds of quick, light steps from the upper floor, followed by what sounded like a long slide across the wooden boards and then a muffled `thud.'  At the sound of quiet giggles, Sesshomaru silently made his way through the lower floor of the house to the stairs, trying to keep from being seen by his obviously wide-awake pups.
 
Without the boys knowing it, their father was watching as they ran a few steps at one end of the hall only to slide the rest of the way to the end of the hall into a pile of pillows.  Socks on their feet against the wooden floor was all they needed for entertainment that afternoon, making Sesshomaru re-think how he was going to proceed with his plans for the future.