InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ After the Telling of the Dream ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The others had decided that they had waited long enough and decided to head back to camp. Shippo was getting a little restless and wanted to see Kagome. He hadn't seen her in a week and terribly missed her.
Miroku stopped Shippo just in time at the doorway. Luckily, Inuyasha and Kagome hadn't noticed they had come back yet. It would be such a mood killer and being the pervert he was Miroku didn't want that. Sango and Miroku realized their mistake and waited for the two to finish, but Kaede had decided to leave matters alone and let what she knew was going to happen, happen. Kagome and Inuyasha would tell her what went on if they so chose.
~*~*~*~*~
Kagome got up when Inuyasha finished, ran over to him, and wrapped her arms around his neck while jumping into his lap. She planted a huge passionate kiss on his lips.
`What is she doing? What am I doing? Her lips taste so sweet.' Inuyasha pressed his tongue against the opening of Kagome's mouth. He only had to wait a moment before she let him in. Then they wrestled with their tongues for control.
Miroku saw where this was heading and looked over at Sango who quickly covered Shippo's eyes. He also conveyed a silent question- should they go and break the happy couple up, for obvious reasons, or should they just back up and leave? Sango knew what Miroku wanted to do being the perverted monk he was- he wanted to stay and watch. But they silently decided to turn and leave. Both Sango and Miroku knew Kagome wouldn't let anything sexual happen between her and Inuyasha; she wasn't that kind of girl.
Inuyasha and Kagome had to break for air. All Inuyasha could say was, “Ka... go... me.”
And all she could mummer was, “Inu...Yasha.”
They were both gasping for air trying to decide what to do from there. Kagome knew what this was leading to, and did she want it now? A strong desire ran through her body, as did a want- a need.
`What if I get pregnant? Momma, well, I think she would be a little upset for me being so young, but she knows the guy and also knows I would be happy. That's all she ever wants for Souta and me. Grandpa, on the other hand, would not be too pleased with it at all. Of course, if I did get pregnant Inuyasha and I would defiantly get married.
`And I'm too young for this anyways, but this was bound to happen; I've been with everyone for almost two years now. My head is telling me no, but my heart says yes.'
“Kagome,” Inuyasha finally said, “we have to stop this,” Kagome let out a low moan at that thought. “I know; I don't want to either. But I don't want you or me to regret anything. Plus now's not the time or place to be doing this.” Now Inuyasha noticed everyone else had left. “What if someone was to walk in on us, and what if that someone was Shippo?”
“I know.” Kagome let out a sigh she didn't know she was holding in. “I know. I've thought about it. What would my family say or do if anything happened? I mean what if, well, you know?”
Inuyasha only nodded in response.
~*~*~*~*~
Miroku and Sango knew it was time to head back, if nothing had occurred.
While they were waiting Shippo had said, “Awwww, why did we have to leave? It was just getting good. It's not fair!”
“It is too. You're too young and do not understand what was going to happen. Yet I hope nothing does,” Sango told him.
`Kagome better tell me what happens; I'm her best friend. We tell each other everything. Well at least everything within our boundaries.
`Miroku is being very kind about this whole thing. He is not being lecherous. He must be trying to change. Then again, in serious situations he doesn't try anything funny. Still there seems to be more and more times where he is behaving.'
They were heading back and Shippo had a confused look on his face. He didn't want to admit it, but he really had no idea what was going on. Sango was, at that point, looking over at Miroku blushing.
“I'm not too young to understand,” pouted Shippo, “Why does everyone have to say I'm too young for everything? I am not! It's not fair!” At times, Shippo could sound so much older than he really was; other times he could act like a little kid.
When Inuyasha and Kagome's friends walked backed into the hut Miroku said, “Hello, Lady Kagome.”
Kagome and Inuyasha both looked very flustered. Shippo just looked from Inuyasha to Kagome back to Inuyasha. He still didn't know what was going on and looked confused.
So, he ran and jumped into Kagome's arms and said, “Kagome! I missed you so much! Inuyasha was being a big baby. All he did is sit in a tree near the well and wait for you because you were late. But I didn't do that. I was good, unlike some people. And you know what?”
“No, what?” Kagome answered.
“Inuyasha didn't even eat or sleep since the day you were suppose to be back.”
“Inuyasha is this true?”
“Well, um, yea. What of it!?” He was either back to his rude gruff self, or he didn't want the others to know what he just admitted.
“It's just nice to know you care, that's all.”
“Feh.”
“Everything seems to be back to normal between you two,” Sango said.
“Now, what about that shard rumor up north?” Miroku mentioned.
“Yea, let's get going,” Inuyasha added.
Everyone was packing up their things when Sango whispered, “You will tell me what went on between you two, right?” to Kagome.
“Well, duh. We're best friends, aren't we?”
“Yes.”
“Ok. Next time we go to a hot spring.”
“What are you two girls whispering about over there?” the monk teased, “Is it about us handsome men over here?” The two girls giggled. Miroku was so full of himself sometimes.
Everyone finished packing and started to head off when Inuyasha grabbed Kagome. “I'm sorry about snapping at you before. It's just, well, I don't know if I want the others to know just yet.”
“Ok. I understand.”
“Thanks.”
“No prob.” Before catching up with everyone, Kagome gave Inuyasha a peck on the cheek.
`Damn!, I love that woman. A little thing like a kiss on the cheek can set me off. Man, oh, man alive!'
~*~*~*~*~
A few minutes later Miroku started to think about Sango, `Ok, lets check my progress: Sango's looking over at me blushing then looking away. Good sign, good sign. And she is also smiling, another good sign. Just keep it up.' Miroku had been trying to grope less women, including Sango, and ask them to bare his children.
“Hey, Miroku!” Shippo yelled jarring the monk from his thoughts, “How long do you think it will take us to get up north?”
“Oh, maybe four days.”
“I didn't think it would take that long,” Sango said.
Miroku gave her a wink meaning he wanted to give Kagome and Inuyasha time together, but what she didn't know was that he also wanted to give himself time with her. “Yes, it will. We are probably going farther north than you think.”
“Oh, I see (wink, wink).”
`I am too young to understand. I'm even more confused now. Did someone send a memo I didn't get?' the kitsune thought.
“Was there some kind of letter sent out I didn't receive?”
“What are you talking about Shippo?” inquired Kagome.
“Well, everyone is acting so weird and I don't understand why.”
“You will when you get older. I promise.”
“Good because I don't know how much more longer I can take it.”
Shippo's naiveness was too cute that Kagome had to hide a smile and a giggle behind her hand. But Shippo was always cute, even when he was mad. Just like a certain half demon.