InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Inuyasha's Dream and a Confession ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Morning came and Inuyasha looked admiringly at the sleeping beauty, with raven hair and gray-blue eyes, next to him. He didn't want Kagome to wake with a fright at where and with whom she had fallen asleep, thus Inuyasha decided to take her back to Kaede's hut.
`What am I to say if Kagome asks how she got back? I'll just tell her she must have been too tired to remember walking back. Kagome will believe that because it is a logical thing that could have occurred.' And with that, Inuyasha lifted Kagome up bridal style, along with her bag, and headed back to Kaede's.
Luckily, it was still early; no one else was awake. He laid out Kagome's sleeping bag and gently placed her into it. Then Inuyasha went and sat down against the wall and fell back asleep.
~*~Dream Sequence~*~
Inuyasha was looking in a window at himself and Kagome. They both seemed to be so happy together. When he looked closer through the window, he could see that Kagome was pregnant. His chest swelled with pride. She was pregnant with his child and nobody else's.
Kagome was leaning with her back against Inuyasha's chest, and they were rubbing her huge belly. Kagome's head was turned towards Inuyasha's, and she was looking lovingly at him talking. They were sitting in front of a fire laughing at what was just said. Looking at this scene through the window, Inuyasha knew that this was what he wanted. Right now, he didn't know how he was going to get it, but he would figure it out.
Miroku, Sango, and Shippo walked in from the kitchen. Inuyasha was being careful not to miss any details. Sango was carrying a tray of sushi, ramen, and various other food items and set it on a nearby table.
Inuyasha couldn't remember a time when everyone looked so happy- even himself. He never imagined that he could be this happy. He was loved for who he was by the only one who mattered- Kagome, he had a pup on the way, and great friends. What more could he possibly want? Nothing, that's what.
Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Shippo trying to get into Kagome's arms. He couldn't hear what was being said, but it looked like the Inuyasha inside was yelling at Shippo for trying to get into Kagome's arms. He looked so sad that Sango picked him up instead. Shippo would have preferred it be Kagome, but Sango was better than no one.
~*~*~*~*~
 Now Inuyasha was looking in the same window but farther in the future. There were kids running around everywhere; some had little doggie ears and others did not. He assumed the ones that did not were Miroku and Sango's, though he had a suspicion that some of the pups without dog-ears were his as well. Inuyasha noticed there were far more with dog-ears.
`Wow! My family, MY family.' Inuyasha was so proud of himself and Kagome. `I wouldn't mind having a big family. I don't know about Kagome, though. But if this scene is any indication, she wants a big family too.'
Miroku and Inuyasha came out from behind a chair they were hiding behind in a game of hide and go seek and tried to calm everyone down. Right then Kagome came through the passageway with a sleepy look on her face with Sango not far behind.
`She must have been trying to sleep. She still looks so beautiful, even with crumpled up hair and a sleepy look on her face. And is she pregnant again? I've already counted six pups with dog-ears. Some of the others might be ours, as well. I must be good in bed to keep getting her pregnant. You sly dog,' he told himself.
~*~End Dream Sequence~*~
Light shining into Inuyasha's eyes woke him up. The dream left him with a feeling of peacefulness, extreme joy, and a feeling of calm.
“Good morning, Sleepyhead,” Kagome teased.
“Huh? What time is it?” Inuyasha sleepily asked.
“Around nine,” replied Sango.
“Would ye like some breakfast, Inuyasha?” Kaede asked.
“Um, thanks. Make me some extra ramen, please.”
Everyone was stunned by what Inuyasha said. Could he even be that polite? It was possible, but if he had any manners, he never used them around any one of them.
“Ye seem very peaceful this morning,” noticed Kaede.
“Inuyasha using manners. I never thought I'd live to see the day when that happened.” Shippo was prepared for a crude comment or a bonk on the head from Inuyasha, however nothing happened. Inuyasha was too caught up in his dream to do anything.
`I wish I didn't wake up when I did; I didn't want the dream to end. Should I tell them? No, I don't open up and tell them things like that. Or could that be the start of how things were in the beginning of the dream? I'll just wait and see how things play out. That would be best.'
“Inuyasha, why are you wearing such a goofy grin?” asked Kagome.
“Yes, why do you?” Miroku chimed in.
“Are you turning into another pervert like Miroku?” Shippo asked.
“Oh I hope not,” Sango commented.
“Hey! What's that supposed to mean?” said Miroku
`What did I do to deserve this kind of treatment?'
“Nothing, Miroku. As I was saying... We wouldn't want that. How different Inuyasha would be if he acted like that,” Sango finished.
“Can you stop looking at me like that!?”
“Like what, Kagome?” inquired Inuyasha.
“Like that! You know; the ear to ear smile with a loving look in your eyes.”
“Why?”
“Because it gives me the heebie-jeebies.”
`What is he up to? First, he wakes up much later than usual, and then he gives me a weird look. What if this has something to do with Kikyo? Maybe she set Inuyasha free from his promise to go to Hell with her and doesn't want to use the jewel to become a full demon!' Inwardly Kagome did a happy dance at that thought because it left her on cloud nine. `That means...' She was smiling ear to ear. `That means... Inuyasha chose me!' Another inward happy dance.
“Does this have anything to do with Kikyo? Because if it does, does it mean...”
“No! Why would you think that?”
“I don't know,” Kagome said shyly; fiddleling with the hem of her skirt, “It's just that you're acting so strange and I thought that it was because she set you free from your promise. And you were, well, um, you know, really happy about it because you chose not to use the jewel to become a full demon and be with me.”
“Oh, well, I don't know. It has nothing to do with Kikyo but, well, um, ah, maybe you're on the right track.”
It was getting uncomfortable for Sango, Miroku, and Kaede. So, they got up along with Shippo and left to do something and go somewhere else. The demon hunter, monk, and kitsune went to find some other children for Shippo to play with, while Kaede went to check on the ill and pick herbs.
~*~*~*~*~
“What do you think is going on with Inuyasha? He's acting so strange. Nice - but strange.” Sango said once they were out of earshot.
“Well I don't think it is anything bad. When I got close, I could feel calm, peace, and extreme joy radiating off of him. I've never felt such feelings come from him in all the time I've known him,” Miroku replied.
“But what does it mean?” asked Shippo.
“I think it means a big change is coming - something we all expected sooner or later,” the monk answered.
“So it will be a good thing?”
“Yes it will be, my very young friend.”
“Yeeeeehhhhh! We need a good thing like that.”
“I agree.” “Yes we do,” came the replies.
~*~*~*~*~
Kagome and Inuyasha hadn't even noticed the others had left to give them privacy.
``Is he going to admit something? I really hope he does.' Kagome had never wanted anything more in her life.
`Am I really going to tell her? Tell Kagome what? Tell her that I love her or the dream? The dream first. Yes. The dream.
“Are you sure you really want to know?”
“Yes! I'm a big girl. I can handle it. I think.”
“Well, um, I had a truly strange, wonderful, peaceful, joyous dream last night. It filled me with a surge of pride, love, joy, calm, and peace.”
“Yes, well, what was the dream about?” Kagome asked eagerly.
“I was looking through a window at you and me and we were in front of a fire laughing at something that was said. You were leaning against my chest, very pregnant, and we were both rubbing you enormous belly.” Inuyasha nervously paused and then went on, “Miroku, Sango, and Shippo walked in from the kitchen and Sango was caring a tray of sushi, ramen, and other foods and set it on a nearby table.
“Then I noticed Shippo trying to get into your arms, but overprotective me wouldn't let him. Sango picked him up instead. Anyways, you were too big to do so. He really wanted it to be you, but Sango was better than nobody.
“Now that I think about it, I think we became Shippo's adoptive parents. I mean he's known us longer than Sango and Miroku and he adores you, Kagome.”
“Awwwwww, that's so sweet! You're like a father figure to Shippo and no matter what you say, you have to admit it is true.”
“Yea, it is. Anyways, after that I was still looking in the same window but farther in the future. There were pups everywhere. Some had ears like mine or ears and hair and others did not. After I noticed that, Miroku and I came out from behind a chair we were hiding behind in a game of hide and go seek. We tried to calm everyone down but to no avail.
“I counted six pups with dog ears and knew they were ours. I also had a feeling some of the others were ours, too. Miroku and Sango's pups were there as well, of course.
“Then I saw you in the doorway with messy hair and a sleepy look on your face. I assumed you were trying to sleep and the pups woke you up. I saw Sango walk in after you shortly. And, oh, you were pregnant again and looking radiant, I might add.”
“Awwwwwww. You're just too sweet.” Kagome was candy apple red. It was such a softhearted thing to say; not like Inuyasha at all. “What about Naraku?”
“Well, he was gone in the second part `cause both of Miroku's hands seemed normal.”
`Could this be Inuyasha's true self? I have never seen him act like this. I love it! I mean, who wouldn't? It's enough to melt your heart. Happy dance! Happy, happy, happy dance!' Kagome was acting like a giddy schoolgirl with the anime stars in her eyes. (A/N: You know what I'm talking about, right? If you don't, oh well your loss.)
“All through the dream I felt prideful, joyful, and proud. I never dreamed that something like this could ever happen to me. I mean I never felt accepted until I met you. Even Kikyo wanted to change me, but you; you always liked me for who I was and that's something I never had. Thank you.”
Oh, it was nothing; just something I was always taught to do. Like the saying goes: never judge a book by its cover. Just because something is expected of you, doesn't mean what is expected will come true.
“ `A half demon can never amount to anything; they are a tainted breed.' You've showed that to not be true. Look at how many times you have protected me from harm. I believe that actions speak of a person better than anything other people believe to be true.”
“Kagome you don't know how happy that makes me. I never knew you felt that way about me.”
“Well of course I do; I love you.”
`What did I just say? Did I really just admit that? Oh well, to late to turn back now.'
“I... I... I love you too.” Inuyasha stammered.
~*~*~*~*~
A/N: Ok, I know it's been a long time since I last updated, but I was waiting for some reviews. I also know the fic has been viewed, so I will give you an ultimatum: give me some kind of feedback or I'll stop posting on this site.