InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Is Inuyasha and Kagome? Part 1 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The group had stopped to set up camp earlier in the evening because they had made good time; their only reason being Inuyasha wanted to get up north as fast as possible, which made everyone ride on Kirara except Kagome because Inuyasha made her ride on his back. But of course, Miroku made sure they would make it up north in the four day time period he wanted. He just knew something was going to happen between those two, and something might change between Sango and he.
Kagome had wanted to go take a bath with Sango in a hot spring nearby, but Inuyasha had protested that it was not safe. Who knows what kinds of demons were lurking in the vicinity. Kagome had replied by saying that she would take her bow and arrows with her, Sango would have her giant boomerang and if it would make him feel any better they would take Kirara with them. That did make Inuyasha feel better, however he still felt uneasy. What was a guy to do when the one he loved was putting herself in possible danger?
“Inuyasha, it is not like the hot spring is that far away. If anything, happens you and Miroku will hear us yell. Anyways Sango's a demon hunter, I think she can take care of a little demon.”
“Feh. You can go, but don't take too long.”
“Yea, we wouldn't want you to get worried,” Kagome teased.
“Exactly. What would I do without you?”
“Hummm, lets see... You would probably run amuck and hate yourself for being who you are.”
“You know me so well.”
“Well I try. Come on Sango, let's go.”
“Ok.”
The girls headed for the hot spring, so Miroku dared to inquire, “Inuyasha, what was up with that?”
“First of all, if you haven't noticed, I'm a very private man, second a guy like you would never understand, and thirdly it's none of you damn business! So, stay out of it. I'll tell you when I'm good and damn ready!”
“Fine.”
~*~*~*~*~
“So...” said Sango while washing her hair with some of Kagome's shampoo in the hot spring.
“Ok, in any case, it was the sweetest thing you ever saw. Inuyasha told me about a dream he had the other night; it was something I'll never forget. To make a long story short he saw our future. But I will tell you this- he was looking through a window at us and then a little while later he was looking in the same window but farther in the future. You guys were there too, and life seemed so wonderful.”
“Oh, Kagome this is breathtaking! Was I ...” Sango let her last statement trail off. She wanted to know if she had married Miroku, but she wasn't truly sure she wanted to hear Kagome's answer. She liked him, maybe even loved him. Ok, Sango, did love Miroku, but her ever admit it to him? Never!
“Yes you did get together with Miroku, and I was pregnant with Inuyasha's child in both parts.”
“You and Inuyasha?”
“Yes. It's not that hard to believe.”
“Finally.”
“Hey! Anyways, when he told me about the second part he said I was looking radiant, and there were kids everywhere. Although Inuyasha called them pups. Cute, I know. Most of them were ours, but you had some there, too.”
“I wonder if that will really occur. By the way was Naraku gone?”
“Well, Miroku didn't have the prayer beads on his hand in the second part. So, I'd have take that as a yes.”
“Wow. No wonder Inuyasha was acting so strange that morning. What happened after he told you about the dream?”
“I got up and kissed him. After about a minute he stopped, I let out a moan and he said `I know; I don't want to either. But I don't want you or me to regret anything. Plus now's not the time or place to be doing this. What if someone was to walk in on us, and what if that someone was Shippo?' I knew what Inuyasha meant but... I'm too young for what I thought we were heading to. You know?”
“You're right, but in this time girls get married much younger than you.”
“Yes, well, not in my time. First, we have to finish school then maybe go to university. By that time, we would be in our early twenties. Women in my time aren't just wives and mothers.”
“Your era seems so great.”
“Yea, it is a lot easier, however some things here can't compare.”
“I suppose so.”
“Oh my gosh! How long have we been here?”
“Long enough to get pruny.”
“We better hurry before Inuyasha comes looking for me.”
“You're right!”
~*~*~*~*~
“Those girls are taking too long!”
“Inuyasha, stop worrying so much. They will be back as soon as they're done bathing. What do you think will happen?”
“I don't know. It's just that well...”
“They are probably having some “girl” time. A lot has happened, if you haven't noticed. Have you heard them yell or scream once?”
“No,” Inuyasha said dryly.
“So, then they are fine.”
`Yea, I know they are, but I can't help but worry. How can Miroku be so calm? Anything could happen to them. Doesn't he understand that? But I guess demons are more protective of their mates than humans. Wait, Kagome, and I aren't mates and I know Miroku and Sango aren't. So then, why did I just think that? Kagome's making me go crazy. Yea, I am crazy in love with her. That has to be a sign.'
~*~*~*~*~
“Watch out Inuyasha!” hollered Kagome, “The shard's in his left arm.”
“Thanks.” Inuyasha's next statement was geared toward the bull demon he was fighting, “You're going down,” and with that, he hit it with the Wind Scar.
The only thing left to do was purify the jewel shard, which was done in a matter of seconds. Then Kagome placed in her little jar along with the rest.
“So, um, how much is left, Kagome?” Inuyasha ventured to ask.
“How much more of what?”
“Of the jewel.”
“Well let's see now.” Kagome started to tick off things on her fingers. “There are the two Koga has, the large chunk Naraku has, and the ones we have. So I'd say about, oh, one sixteenth.”
`I wonder why he wants to know,' thought Kagome, `Maybe he just wants to know how long until we have to make a decision about the jewel. Wait a minute... Maybe he still hasn't thought of a way to tell Kikyo that he choose me. Did he choose me? Of course, he has. How could I forget about his dream? I mean it's not every day someone tells you about a dream like that. Oh, what a dream. That would be the life. I wonder if that will be exactly how the jewel and Naraku stuff will turn out.
“Um, Kagome?” questioned Inuyasha, “Are you ok?”
“Huh? Oh, um, I must have spaced out. Sorry about that.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes, Inuyasha. I'm sure.”
“Ok.”
After that display, there was an awkward silence because Miroku and Sango weren't use to the girl from the future and their hanyou companion being so nice to each other for extended periods of time. Sango finally broke the silence by asking, “What will you two do with the jewel one it is completed?”
“I don't know,” replied Kagome.
“Me neither,” Inuyasha answered.
“I at least thought you would know Inuyasha,” Miroku stated knowing quite well this was a sore subject for the hanyou, but things were changing and, well who knows maybe this time, thought Miroku, Inuyasha would have an answer.
“Yes, well, things are changing, and all I know is that I don't want to use the jewel to become a full demon or fully human. I am finally content with myself.”
“And when did this happen?” Miroku imploringly teased.
“The night Kagome got back from her last trip to her time. She came back during the night and was telling me what happened throughout her week. While she was talking, she was slowly moving down into a sprawled sitting position, with her legs in a `v', and her back up against the well wall. Kagome fell asleep with her head against my shoulder and I thought, `She looks so peaceful and beautiful there. Dare I wake her?' and it went on from there.”
“See, what did I tell you, Sango?” referred Kagome.
“It is hard to believe it is true. He is a real sweetie.”
“Well I like the new Inuyasha,” Shippo complimented.
“Thanks, Kid,” replied Inuyasha while ruffling the kitsune's hair.
~*~*~*~*~
That night... “Ohhhh, Inuyasha!”
“Ohhhh, Kagome!” moaned Inuyasha, “You sure do know how to please a man!”
The others by this time had woken up. `Couldn't they have gone somewhere else far away?' Miroku and Sango both thought.
Miroku was a hentai, but even he knew when enough was enough. Just then, “Well I learned from the best,” Kagome replied to Inuyasha's last unheard statement.
`Ok, what are those two up to know? I'm going to give them a piece of my mind!' thought Miroku. When he looked up, he had the anime look in his eyes like he couldn't believe what he saw. He blinked, again the same thing. “Psssst, Sango. Psssst, Sango!”
“What do you want now Miroku? I am trying to drown out the two love birds over there and get some rest.”
Shippo decided to speak up at that moment, “Why are Inuyasha and Kagome yelling each other's name?”
“Well, um, a, Shippo, I ah, do not really know,” stammered Miroku.
“Oh, ok don't tell me.”
“It's not that he doesn't want to tell you, it's just that you are a little young to understand.” By the time, Sango had said her last word Shippo was asleep against Kirara. She looked down at him, “I don't know how he can do that.”
“Me neither. Sango come...”
“Ohhhh... Yasha. If you keep this up I won't be able to walk for a month.”
“All the better for me... I get the privilege of carrying you around everywhere.”
“As I was saying... Sango come look at this.”
“Why? You hentai!”
“No, it's just that I don't believe what I see and I would like you to confirm it.”
“Fine.” Sango came over to where Miroku was and looked over at Kagome. “What!? Kagome is asleep in her sleeping bag.” Sango was quite for a moment, then bewilderly and agastly said, “Wait... did I just say Kagome was asleep?”
“Of course; that is what I thought. You confirmed it; those two must be in love.”
“What do you mean, Miroku?”
“When I first looked over there I thought I saw Kagome just sleeping, like you said, but I couldn't believe what I saw. So to be doing, well, um, you know in their sleep must mean they are perfect for each other.”
“Maybe they will stop some time tonight... I hope.”
“And let's pretend this never happened. Agreed?”
“Agreed, good night.”
“'Night, Sango.”