InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mother Nature Rock ❯ MNR - Kikyo ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Apology: Chris Brown who sings 'Saying Goodbye', and as always RT.

Format: Song Lyrics – Bold

Format: Thoughts - Italics

Please insert Standard Disclaimer from Chapter 1 here.

Mother Nature Rock – 3 - Kikyo

 

Inuyasha felt Miroku's hand on the sleeve of his haori. He looked back noting Sango and Miroku's frown of concern. "It's okay, give me a few okay?"

Miroku glanced from Kikyo to Inuyasha and nodded. "Come along Sango, I'll buy you a tea."

Inuyasha watched them walk away, Sango glancing one last time over her shoulder before disappearing beyond the tree line toward the tea house. Inuyasha turned back to Kikyo and sighed deeply "Look we gotta talk." He raised his hand as her lips parted to speak and shook his head. "Dang I know, I know, but it's just, just some things I gotta get off my chest, alright?"

Inuyasha took Kikyo's hand and lead her to a nearby tree and settled them both at the base, "Listen, baby come here and sit down, let's talk I got a lot to say so I guess I'll start by saying that I love you." Inuyasha bit his bottom lip. "But you know, this thing ain't been no walk in the park for us" he glanced up when she tried to tug her hand away.

"I swear it'll only take a minute, you'll understand when I finish, yeah, and I don't wanna see you cry but I don't wanna be the one to tell you a lie so." He gathered his courage...

His thoughts suddenly on Kagome "How do you let it go? When you, you just don't know, what's on, the other side of the door when you're walking out? Talk about it." Rushing on needing to get this done.

He squeezed her hand "Everything I tried to remember to say just went out my head so I'm a do the best I can to get you to understand" and tried again.

"There's never a right time to say goodbye but I gotta make the first move 'cause if I don't you gonna start hating me. Cause I really don't feel the way I once felt about you." He felt her still, and rushed on...

"Girl, it's not you it's me. I kinda gotta figure out what I need." Kikyo's eyes narrowed.

He swallowed and pressed on, "There's never a right time to say goodbye, but we know that we gotta go our separate ways and I know it's hard but I gotta do it, and it's killing me cause there's never a right time, right time to say goodbye"

There he said it. Kikyo drew back her hand and crossed her arms over her chest staring at the hanyou her brow arched.

"Girl I know your heart is breaking and a thousand times I found myself asking, "Why? Why?" Why am I taking so long to say this?"
he gulped and rushed on...

"But trust me, girl I never meant to crush your world and I never thought I would see the day we grew apart.

His heart ached what if Kagome didn't want him, "and I wanna know how do you let it go? When you, you just don't know? What's on, the other side of the door when you're walking out. Talk about it."

"Girl I hope you understand what I'm trying say." Unbidden a vision of Kagome in tears slipped through his thoughts. "We just can't go on pretending that we get along girl how you not gonna see it?"

"There's never a right time to say goodbye but I gotta make the first move 'cause if I don't you gonna start hating me. Cause I really don't feel the way I once felt about you."

"Goodbye Inuyasha?" Kikyo pursed her lips, angry sparks flaring in her eyes.

"Girl, it's not you it's me. I kinda gotta figure out what I need."

"There's never a right time to say goodbye, but we know that we gotta go our separate ways and I know it's hard but I gotta do it, and it's killing me cause there's never a right time, right time to say goodbye"

Kikyo snorted, "what about your promise?"

"Listen to your heart girl you know, we should be apart, baby I, I just can't do it I just cant do it" He wanted to live. "Listen to your heart girl you know, we should be apart, baby, I just can't do it, and sometimes it makes me wanna cry"

He wanted, no needed to be free to hopefully have a chance with Kagome if she would still have him. "There's never a right time to say goodbye but I gotta make the first move 'cause if I don't you gonna start hating me. Cause I really don't feel the way I once felt about you."

Kikyo humphed then stood pushing away from the tree and Inuyasha. Without turning around she began stomping toward the tree line.

"Girl, it's not you it's me. I kinda gotta figure out what I need."

"I think you know what you need, Inuyasha."

"There's never a right time to say goodbye, but we know that we gotta go our separate ways and I know it's hard but I gotta do it, and it's killing me" He watched her disappear through the trees away from the village. "Cause there's never a right time, right time to say goodbye"

Inuyasha leaned back against the tree and pulled Tessaiga taunt against his body and let the heartache sweep through him.

"There's never a right time to say goodbye but I gotta make the first move 'cause if I don't you gonna start hating me. Cause I really don't feel the way I once felt about you."

"Girl, it's not you it's me. I kinda gotta figure out what I need."

"There's never a right time to say goodbye, but we know that we gotta go our separate ways and I know it's hard but I gotta do it, and it's killing me cause there's never a right time, right time to say goodbye"

He sat for a long time letting the heartache that was Kikyo ebb away from his chest to be replaced by love and worry for Kagome.

He stood rolling his shoulders to get rid of the last remaining tension and sadness before heading for the village and the tea house where the monk and demon slayer awaited him. Behind him he let the door he walked through slam close in finality.

 

xx