InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mother Nature Rock ❯ MNR - Kagome ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Apology: Kelly Clarkson who sings "Beautiful Disaster" and the genius, RT.

Format: Song Lyrics – Bold

Format: Thoughts - Italics

Please insert Standard Disclaimer from Chapter 1 here.

Mother Nature – 5 - Kagome

 

Mother Nature pulled the resisting woman child to a nearby hot spring and pushed her down on some rocks edging the spring. "Stay there"

"But Inu…" Kagome popped back up looking toward the forest.

"Honey" Mother Nature waved her index finger beneath Kagome's nose," It ain't gonna hurt that man none to wait on you, for once", and pushed Kagome back to her original seat upon the rocks. "Now wait there, I've got some sweet vanilla sugar body wash back at the hut. I'll be right back."

Kagome watched her waiting for her disappear through the trees.

Mother Nature looked back over her shoulder "Honey you don't wanna be fooling with Mother Nature so set your pretty little butt back down on that rock and wait for me."

Kagome sighed in defeat and did what Mother Nature said.

Satisfied Mother Nature headed for her nearby hut.

Kagome folded her hands in her lap and studied the rippling water, the memory of the morning's events going through her mind along with the confirmation from Mother Nature that Inuyasha had been to see Kikyo again.

She dropped a hand toward the water and let her fingertips brushed the top "He drowns in his dreams an exquisite extreme I know." An image of Inuyasha in full youkai appeared in the water "He's as damned as he seems and more heaven than a heart could hold and if I try to save him my whole world could cave in, it just ain't right" her fingers ruffled water erasing the image "It just ain't right"

"Oh and you don't know you don't know what he's after" Mother Nature appeared holding several bottles of clear tan lotion.

"But he's so beautiful" Kagome's eyes flashed toward the emerging figure.

"Such a beautiful disaster" Mother Nature placed the bottles on the ground and settled close to Kagome...

"And if I could hold on through the tears and the laughter would it be beautiful?" Kagome grabbed Mother Nature's hands and squeezed them wanting an answer.

"Or just a beautiful disaster" Mother Nature offered releasing one hand and putting an arm around Kagome's shoulder. "He's magic and myth as strong as what you believe, a tragedy with more damage than a soul should see" she studied the woman-child wondering if she understood.

Kagome met her eyes "And do I try to change him? So hard not to blame him, I want to hold on tight, hold on tight"

Mother Nature shook her head, "Oh 'cause you don't know, you don't know what he's after"

Kagome quiet voice interrupted her "But he's so beautiful"

"Such a beautiful disaster" Mother Nature reminded her.

"And if I could hold on, through the tears and the laughter, would it be beautiful?" Kagome's looked away, as fingers brushed the top of the water.

"Or just a beautiful disaster", Mother Nature whispered, "You're longing for love and the logical, but he's only happy hysterical, you're waiting for some kind of miracle." and brushed a tear from Kagome's cheek "Waited so long, so long"

Kagome's tear filled eyes met Mother Nature's "He's soft to the touch, but frayed at the end he breaks. He's never enough, and still he's more than I can take" she whispered

Then admits her head dropping, bangs covering her eyes, "Oh 'cause I don't know, I don't know what he's after"

"But he's so beautiful, such a beautiful disaster and if I could hold on through the tears and the laughter would it be beautiful?" she confessed her gaze fixing on Mother Nature "Or just a beautiful disaster"

Mother Nature hugged the woman-child, offering comfort "He's beautiful"

"Such a beautiful disaster" Kagome whispered.

"So what are you going to do, baby girl? Hmm?" Mother Nature brushed bangs from Kagome's eyes and hugged her again.

"I don't know." she unwilling admitted. "What do you suggest?"

Mother Nature released the girl and tapped a pink tipped nail against her chin as she considered, "Rain, I believe."

Kagome blinked "Eh?"

 

xxx