InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mother Nature Rock ❯ MNR - Hojo ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Apology: All 4 Once who sings "I can Love you like that" and of course RT

Format: Song Lyrics – Bold

Format: Thoughts - Italics

Please insert Standard Disclaimer from Chapter 1 here.

Mother Nature Rock – 7 - Hojo

 

"Sango?" Kagome whispered settling on a flat topped rock near the hot springs, "what's going on?"

Sango grinned and tugged lightly at Kagome's ponytail. "It my dear friend is called revenge. R – E – V – E – N – G – E, Mother Nature doesn't take kindly to people fiddling around with her mikos. Of which you are one."

"Okay..." Kagome drawled still not understanding. "So what does this have to do with Inuyasha and me?"

"Kagome" Sango knelt down in front of her friend and locked her gaze with the other girl "How much more do you think you can take before you snap?"

Kagome searched her friend's eyes and whispered "You too?"

Sango looked away, and over the hot spring to the field beyond blinking back tears. "Everybody has their breaking point" She looked back at Kagome, and smiled, then hugged her. "So enjoy it." She shrugged and stood, blinking the remainder of her tears away with a smile. "I mean" she waved a hand palm up toward the gathering of men "outside of Naraku when are you ever going to have another captured audience of – can we say "Really Super Fine HOT" - admirers?"

Kagome shared a grin with Sango and leaned in to whisper "they are really fine aren't they" as Mother Nature arrived with Hojo.

"Oh hell yea." Sango grinned and backed away toward the other girls standing near to the men.

Mother Nature smirked then waved to the seat next to Kagome on the rock, "Alright, the rules are really easy, you talk, you flirt, you get to know each other and then at the end you kiss." Mother Nature put up her finger to Kagome's startled 'eep!' "You kiss baby girl that's non-negotiable." Kagome nodded, resigned.

Hojo eyes twinkled as he settled next to Kagome while Mother Nature wandered back over to the gathered men.

"So" Kagome twisted her fingers in her lap "Just so we're clear on one thing Toto, this isn't Kansas."

Hojo put his hand over Kagome's and burst out laughing. Startled Kagome watched him, noticing for the first time what a nice laugh Hojo had. "Umm Hojo?"

Grinning he put an arm around her shoulder and hugged her to him "Kagome, I may not be the swiftest fish in the pond but even I know that no one person can have all the different diseases your grandfather claims you have had and return to school time after time looking remarkably " he blushed "fit."

Kagome's lips formed an "o" and Hojo continued; "Besides my Uncle plays Mahjong with your grandfather on Wednesdays and after a couple of bowls of Sake... well…, "he grinned but left the rest unsaid.

"So you've known, all this time you've known?

Hojo nodded, eyes twinkling "I've been trying to get you to tell me for months. Why do you think I brought all those things over for you? I mean come on, lucky charms, all that fruit, even the family tree scroll!"

Kagome's face broke into a beautiful smile and she lightly swatted his chest. "All those excuses I gave…" she gasped "Eri, Yuka, Ayumi?"

"Blissfully unaware" Hojo winked, "Your secret is safe with me Kagome"

Kagome blushed and lowered her gaze, "Thank you Hojo."

He lifted her chin and looked down into her eyes, "What's going on Kagome?"

Biting her lip Kagome hesitated briefly before telling Hojo everything. He listened quietly his expression occasionally darkening at the hurt she had suffered but he said nothing, knowing instinctively she wasn't ready to talk about it, yet.

Explanations over she gasped as something occurred to her "So all those times you asked me out, you were just wanting to find out…"

"No!" Hojo leaned close to her, "no Kagome"

Her eyes glazed in sadness, and he knew that damage had been done on her confidence, "It's like this... " He took hugged her to him and smiled down into her eyes. "Do you remember when they read you Cinderella, and you hoped it would come true? That one day your Prince Charming would come rescue you?"

He grinned, "I know you like romantic movies and you never will forget, the way you felt when Romeo kissed Juliet, and all this time that you've been waiting."

"You don't have to wait no more," His expression sobered, "I can love you like that. I would make you my world move heaven and earth if you were my girl. I would give you my heart be all that you need show you you're everything that's precious to me."

He took a deep breath "If you give me a chance, I can love you like that"

He wouldn't let her look away, not now that he had her attention, "I'd never make a promise I don't intend to keep so when I say forever, forever's what I mean."

He brushed his finger over her bottom lip "I ain't no Casanova but I swear this much is true I'll be holding nothing back when it comes to you. You dream of love that's everlasting, well baby open up your eyes"

"I can love you like that, I would make you my world move heaven and earth if you were my girl. I would give you my heart be all that you need show you, you're everything that's precious to me" He lost himself in her eyes, "If you give me a chance, I can love you like that"

He leaned down and lightly brushed her lips with his, "If you want tenderness, I got tenderness and I see through to the heart of you. If you want a man who will understand you don't have to look very far"

Then hugged her to him, "I can love you, girl, I can love you"

"I can love you like that I would make you my world" he pulled back smiling at her "Move heaven and earth if you were my girl I would give you my heart be all that you need show you your everything that's precious to me If you give me a chance I can love you like that"

He smiled down at her soft stunned expression, "So will you give me a chance, Kagome?"

Blood dripped from the palms of the hanyou's hands as he watched the Hobo guy hold his woman. The beast raged inside him wanting to tear the man apart, limb from limb but he quelled it, kept tight rein on it because he knew what was at stake, knew what he wanted – Kagome – and he risk losing her.

Miroku's whispered "damn" jerked his gaze from the couple to the women sniffling in front of the men their eyes watching the couple, witness to the words.

Mother Nature brushed at her cheek and sniffed before turning to the accumulated male population, "Next?"

xx

x