InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Past Mind, Present Body ❯ Without You ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9: Without You
 
Kagome awoke to the feeling of being cold in her bed. Memories of last night flooded her mind and a sob escaped her. This was all her fault. If only she had pushed Inuyasha away. If only she didn't go talk to him. What if her feelings for Inuyasha were real? Would she be better of with Inuyasha than Yash? No, that couldn't be it. She loved Yash now, didn't she?
 
She had been asking herself that question a lot lately. Maybe they weren't meant to be together. Why had their trust been so easy to break? The same thing happened 500 years ago with Kikyo and Inuyasha. Their trust was broken in a matter of minutes and the same thing was happening to Yash and Kagome.
 
How could this happen to her? She curled up in a little ball and began to cry again. She just couldn't take the pain in her for much longer.
 
She reached over and picked up the phone. She wanted to call one of her high school friends, but her fingers dialed a different number. She put the phone to her ear and listened to it ring.
 
~*~*~
 
Yash's phone went off and he woke up. He lazily reached over and picked up the phone. He answered it, not even looking at who it was.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hi Yash…” came the sad voice of Kagome.
 
“What the fuck do you want?”
 
“Will you let me explain what happened?”
 
“What is there to explain? I saw the whole thing front and center.”
 
“But you it's not what you think.”
 
“Who's that on the phone babe?” Kiki asked, barely awake herself. Unfortunately Kagome heard Kiki's voice and instantly knew what was going on.
 
“No one important is on the phone. Go back to sleep. I have to go Kagome. Don't call me again,” Yash growled.
 
He grew angry at the fact that Kagome sounded as if she had been crying and her voice was giving out. He threw the phone across the room, causing it to shatter when it hit the wall. He stood up and grabbed all his clothes. He got dressed and looked back at Kiki one last time before leaving.
 
~*~*~
 
Kagome held the phone to her chest and felt tears roll down her cheeks again.
 
No one…No one…No one…
 
She was no one to him now. Nothing, just another girl that came and gone. Why can't it jus all go away?
 
No one…No one…No one…
 
She felt as if something snapped inside of her and suddenly she had no more tears left in her. It wasn't meant to be. They weren't meant to be. No matter how much she wanted it to be true, Inuyasha would always be in her heart.
 
How could she have been so stupid? Inuyasha was the one for her, not Yash. Even if Yash was cute, smart, charming, sweet, perverted, and so much more.
 
She stood up and went to wash her face. She walked downstairs and sat down at the kitchen table. She found Inuyasha sitting there, but didn't think much of it.
 
“How are you feeling Kagome?” Kimiko asked.
 
Kagome looked around at everyone with emotionless eyes. This was very much like the state she went into after Inuyasha died.
 
“I'm fine. I've figured out that if Yash couldn't trust me then it really wasn't meant to be. He should have known that the kiss didn't anything to me. I think I would be better off with you Inuyasha,” Kagome said, knowing that this was wrong.
 
Her heart told her to shut up and run out the door, but she was too hurt to care at the moment.
 
“You don't mean that Kagome. As much as I would love to have you as mine again I can't let you throw your life away like that. Yash loves you and you love him,” Inuyasha said.
 
“No, I loved him, but you showed me last night that my feeling for you never went away,” Kagome said.
 
Kimiko sighed and shook her head. There would be no talking Kagome out of this decision she made for herself. There was one thing she knew though. She knew that if her daughter saw Yash again then Kagome would snap out of this emotionless state and break down all over again.
 
Would Kimiko put Kagome through that kind of pain again, just to get her daughter back? She would have to make a plan to get the two back together.
 
~*~*~
 
Yash looked down at his dog, Ruby, and glared at her. “Don't you dare look at me like that. I didn't do anything wrong. Kagome was the one who decided she would give her old boyfriend a second chance,” Yash growled.
 
Ruby just stared at Yash with big, sad eyes, sensing her owner's sadness. To Yash her eyes help disappointment and sympathy.
 
“Get away from me you dumb dog!” Yash ordered and Ruby whined before walking off. Yash put his head down on the desk he was sitting at as his shoulders began to shake.
 
“God damnit! She's just a fucking woman! A woman, who loved me for who I looked like, not who I was,” Yash said as tears ran down his cheeks. Why did it have to hurt so much? Why was he crying over her?
 
She was just another woman.
 
She was just another notch on his bedpost.
 
She was just a woman that he loved with all his heart…
 
~*~*~
 
Kagome walked down the street with Inuyasha walking beside her. They were walking to the train station. Kagome was going home even if there was nothing to go home to.
 
“Are you okay?” Inuyasha asked quietly.
 
“I'm just peachy, Inuyasha. Why do you ask?” Kagome asked putting on a fake smile.
 
“You're not okay, Kagome. I know you too well to fall for this act,” Inuyasha said.
 
“You don't know me at all. You're just Inuyasha's reincarnation. You two may have the same soul, but that's all you have in common. That Inuyasha knew me very well, we just met last night,” Kagome snapped.
 
“Just so you know, I plan on going with you to Tokyo,” he stated, her words hurting him slightly. One minute she was saying that she wanted to be with him and the next she was insulting him.
 
“Great, this is just what I need,” Kagome mumbled to herself.
 
“I'm not going for you. I have some things to take care of in Tokyo and your mother asked me to make sure you got home okay,” Inuyasha said.
 
“I can take care of myself you know?” Kagome asked.
 
“I know, but your mother doesn't think so,” he said. They finally got to the station and got their tickets. They had to wait ten minutes before the next train arrived. When it did come they got on and were off to Tokyo.
 
~*~*~
 
“Hey baby!” Kiki smiled and hugged Yash from behind.
 
“Get off of me Kiki. I'm not in the mood to deal with you,” Yash growled.
 
“Touchy, touchy. Why are you so cold to me now? Last night you were more than eager to warm me up,” Kiki smirked running her fingers up and down his chest sensually.
 
“Well I hoped you enjoyed it because that was the last time I ever do something like that with you again,” Yash snapped.
 
“You know you liked it. You better be happy that I didn't kick you out when you called me that other girl's name! You called out her name all fucking night!” Kiki spat at him, growing angry.
 
“Yeah, well, that's not very good news for you if a man has to pretend you're someone else while in bed with you,” Yash insulted.
 
“You no good son of a bitch! What the fuck did I ever do to you? All I wanted was to have some fun with you,” Kiki yelled.
 
“You're the one who started my life as a male whore! First you use me, then tell everyone you know where you can find a cheap sex toy! Then you get all pissy with me when I have no time for you! I don't know how your mind works, but you better be glad I didn't report you for having sex with an underage kid!” Yash shouted back.
 
“Well you aren't underage anymore now are you?” Kiki laughed.
 
“Just leave me alone,” Yash ordered and left Kiki standing there in her own guilt and shame.
 
Certain things had a nasty way of coming back and biting you in the ass…
 
~*~*~
 
Kagome entered her apartment and sighed. “Of course it's empty! What did you expect a big welcome party?” she asked, scolding herself.
 
“No, but I did want a big welcome back kiss.”
 
Kagome looked at the picture of her and Yash. It was when they went to a party and had a huge cake fight. Someone took a picture of them, then sent it to Yash. He gave her a copy so she framed it and put it on the table right next to the door.
 
~Flashback~
 
Kagome picked up a slice of chocolate cake and handed it to Yash.
 
“What the hell is this? I don't want it,” Yash said, trying to act tough in public.
 
“Come on, you know you do. Just smell it and I know you'll want some,” Kagome smiled.
 
Yash brought the cake up to his nose and smelled it. Kagome smiled evilly and pushed the plate up into his face, getting chocolate all over him.
 
The plate fell to the ground and revealed an annoyed looking Yash. “Wench, you better start running!” he growled and grabbed some cake off of the table.
 
Kagome was laughing so hard that she didn't even notice that Yash was about to get his revenge. A handful of cake met her face and she looked up at him shocked.
 
“Oh no you did not just do that!” Kagome laughed and threw some more cake at him. Yash just laughed and pulled her into his arms. He leaned down and ate a piece of cake off of her cheek.
 
“This cake is actually pretty good,” Yash smirked.
 
~End Flashback~
 
“Oh Yash. I don't know what I'm going to do without you,” Kagome said falling to her knees while holding the picture close to her heart…