InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Troubles ( Chapter 27 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~

 

~<>~Chapter 27 ~<>~ troubles

 

Sesshoumaru parked Rin's Porsche outside of the mansion and quickly got out of the car. Glaring over the fifty cars that lined the street, he could feel his breath shorten and suddenly felt lightheaded. Scenes of the last party his brother threw flashed through his mind as he tore through the front yard, dread filling his eyes. He felt the crimson seeping into his eyes as he hurtled the bushes that lined the porch. `First I will check on Rin then I will hand my brother his head. If anything happened to Rin…' Throwing open the front door, he had to fight the urge to throw up. So many recollections of three months prior ran through his mind as he gazed about the drunken partying kids. In his eyes, he didn't see those that were awake and having fun, he saw bodies lining the floor, slumped over. It was not eleven o'clock in his mind; instead he found it to be three AM. He couldn't help the primal growl that built under his skin as he shoved people off the steps as he raced up them. "Rin!" he tore down the hallway and slammed open the door to her room. The window was open, blowing the beige curtains about the empty room with an eerie glow of the moon dancing off the mirror and plain white walls. The wind howled through the room, assaulting his ears like a thousand piercing screams. He could hear his heart beat in his ears as he slowly backed out of the room. Fury racked his body as he ran from the empty room down the hall towards his door. `So help me god, if she's hurt, they will never find all the pieces to Inuyasha's body.' He took a deep breath outside his door; feeling like his chest was about to explode. In that second, something inside of him snapped. Pounding open the door, Sesshoumaru stopped short as his eyes fell upon the bed. Rin was sitting up, clenching the blankets in her hands, staring at the boy in utmost fright. Her black hair cascaded down her shoulders as she stared out from under her bangs. Her mouth fell open into an o shape as she stared in fright at the furious boy. Though in his eyes and heart he saw Rin, his mind did not. Instead, he saw a red haired beauty with piercing green eyes. He saw a girl whose eyes were bloodshot and puffy, her face swollen under heavy bruises. He saw a girl who had been stripped of dignity and innocence by the one guy in life who he had learned to trust.

Rin had been waiting for Sesshoumaru to come home in her room, listening to the doors waiting to hear him blow up at InuYasha for having so many people over. When it didn't come, she grew bored and ventured down to his room. She crawled beneath his covers and spent the time taking in his scents, bathing in the essence of him. Sometime between then and now, she had fallen asleep waiting for her lover to return. Somewhere in the depths of dreams, she heard her name being called. What woke her was the sudden near shattering of the bedroom door. Scared, she sat up in bed to find Sesshoumaru standing in the doorway with an expression she never thought she would see on his face; fear. He was afraid of something and it terrified her to the core. She let go of the blankets and slowly stood from the bed to face him, worry etching her face. It was as if Sesshoumaru was staring through her instead of at her. "Sesshoumaru…what's going on?"

Sesshoumaru felt his heart constrict as Rin spoke…but he did not hear her words. The image of Kerensa was walking towards him, her arms outstretched towards him. In his mind, he heard her shattered voice, a voice that he had loved with all his heart. "I'm sorry…." He took a ridged breath and slowly shook his head, falling to his knees. "I'm so sorry Kerensa…I should have stopped him…god, I'm so sorry…"

Rin was on her knees in front of him in a minute, grabbing his shoulders with her hands. She gave him a hard shake, her eyes glaring into his. With a sob, she dropped into his arms. She felt so helpless as she wrapped her arms around him, trying to steal away the pain the plagued him. "Sesshoumaru, snap out of it." she couldn't help the tears that stained her cheeks, she just knew something was drastically wrong. `Who's Kerensa? Why is he calling her and apologizing? What did I miss?' she felt warm drops of liquid on her shoulder and pulled back from the embrace to gawk at his face. She gasped at what she saw. He was crying…the great stoic tia-youkai Sesshoumaru was crying. But what fell from his eyes were not salt-water tears, it was blood. His eyes were filled with the vile fluid. She gasped and grabbed his chin in her fingers, staring deep into his eyes. "Sesshoumaru, what's going on? Your scaring me…please, snap out of it!" she tried to wipe away the blood yet it only smeared on her hands. With a cry of despair, she sobbed, "Sesshoumaru, you're bleeding. Christ you're bleeding and I can't help you. Please, please tell me what's wrong. Sesshoumaru…please…"

Her voice fell on deaf ears as Sesshoumaru pulled away from her, not noticing the blood that now coated his face, her hands and shoulders. "I'm so sorry this happened…I should never have left you. I should have avenged you. I'm a fool…" clenching his fist, the boy slowly stood. "I won't make that mistake again." he walked to his closet, pushing past the girl who was on the floor.

Rin stood slowly and closed the bedroom door, her eyes wide with panic. Turning slowly, she chewed on her lip trying to control the fear that filled her body. "Sesshoumaru…please…your not making sense! Who is Kerensa? What is going on?"

Sesshoumaru reached into his closet and pulled out a black long hard top case. He let out a very deadly growl as he popped the two locks on the case, opening it slowly. Inside was two long pieces of black metal. He removed one sheath and closed the box and returned it to the closet. He turned back to face Rin, his face filled with such an uncanny rage. He held up the sheath and pulled a very polished long sword from it. The blade nearly glowed red with an evil aura as he took it in his hands, staring at the golden handle.

Rin gasped as she watched the man she loved pull the deadly weapon out of its hiding spot. She immediately rushed to his side, grabbing his arm. "Sesshoumaru, you have to stop. I don't know what is going on but you need to calm down…please…" she didn't know when she began to sob but tears flowed down her cheeks like rain. She latched onto his arm, not letting go for the life of her. "Talk to me, for fucks sakes!"

Sesshoumaru gazed down at the girl and placed his hand over hers. "I will not allow that half breed to live. I should have killed him that night when he destroyed you. I won't fail you again."

Rin gawked at the boy, panic seizing her heart. "Do you mean InuYasha? Sesshoumaru…." Her eyes opened wider as she realized what he was saying. "You cannot kill your brother, Sesshoumaru!" she pulled harder at his arms, trying to stop him from moving. "Please, listen to me!"

Sesshoumaru gave her a small smile, which alone was terrifying with the gleam of death that sparkled in his eyes. He grabbed her hand in his and removed it from his arm, gently whispering, "this will not go unpunished…" somewhere inside of his mind, he saw Rin…he tried to call to her but something else was stopping him. It was as if he had no control over his actions, as if he was simply watching everything play out in front of him. Grabbing tokijyn only fueled his anger. The sword was going to claim a life tonight whether he controlled it or not.

Rin stumbled as he pried her hand from his arm and in a second, he was gone. With a scream, she ran after him, darting down the steps after his charging form. `He's going to kill InuYasha…he's going to kill his brother and I can't stop him!' Jumping over the railing halfway down, she landed with a thud on the wooden floor and ran into the living room skidding half the way, a few steps in front of him. She saw InuYasha and Kagome entering the house and screamed at the top of her lungs, praying she wasn't to late.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~<<<Meanwhile>>>> ;

InuYasha floated in front of Kagome, blocking her from Miroku's view. "Oi Miroku, don't you have anything better to do then watch people fuck?"

Miroku shifted his weight on his heels, laughing cautiously at the compromising position he stumbled upon. "Well, I was going to go swimming…but fuck that idea…" he cleared his throat then chuckled into his closed fist. "Well then…I won't ask what's up…"

InuYasha faked a very low mocking laugh, "ha fuckin ha, Miroku. Get the fuck out of here asshole so we can get out of this fuckin waterhole!"

Miroku laughed again and grinned. "Well I don't know…there is about to be a free pep show via Kagome."

Kagome gasped and huffed out, "I'll kick your ass later, Miroku! Better yet, I'll get Sango to do it!"

InuYasha reached into the pool behind them and splashed water at him. "Get the fuck out of here letch! Don't ever let me catch you trying to pep at my bitch! I'll…OWW!"

Kagome heard the word bitch and the insinuation angered her. Realizing the two of them were still connected, she thrust her hips against his, slamming him back into her with thundering speed. Though it hurt her more then him but he got the point real fast. "I am not your bitch, InuYasha!"

InuYasha had to admit it did not hurt and actually turned him on to know that she had the guts to do that in front of Miroku. He had half the mind to finish what she had just started but first, he needed to neuter the lecher who was cocking an eyebrow with a wider smile. "If you grin harder, pervert, I think your face will split in half!"

Miroku licked his lips as he shook his head. "First off, it seems Kagome has stated her dominance over you on that one. Second, I would watch whom you call a pervert. Remember, I'm not the one getting it on in a pool…"

InuYasha screamed back, "just cause you can't tame your wench!"

Miroku seemed frightened for a moment and glared over his shoulders before giving InuYasha a glare that made him feel like he grew a second head. "Are you nuts, man? Keep calling Sango a wench and watch how fast you get your head handed to you, you fuckin exhibitionist!"

InuYasha sneered with a roll of the eyes, "keh, I don't fear any wench…"

Kagome cleared her throat, pulling back off his cock at the same time. "You should really watch what you say about a girl while a girl is in reach of your manhood."

InuYasha gave Kagome a half startled, half fearful look and licked his lips slowly. With a Cartman© like voice, he grinned and said, "I love you…"

Kagome giggled and wrapped her arms back around his shoulders and stared at Miroku. "Would you be a doll and throw my clothes over here without gawking, please?"

Miroku grinned and walked over to the lawn chair and picked up the pile. He brought them to the two of them out of grabbing distance yet with a grin; he threw them into the pool behind the two. "Opps…guess you won't be making a dry entrance to the party."

InuYasha growled as he watched the clothes fly through the air. He had two choices; one being jump and save the clothes yet expose himself as well as Kagome to the letch which was just not going to happen, or he could watch them get soaked, get into wet clothes and kill the boy. He chose the latter. As soon as his pants hit the water, he was pulling them onto his legs, still covering Kagome from Miroku's view. "You have a three second head start. Run."

Miroku didn't need another warning, saluting the two he turned on his heels and took off like a bat out of hell towards the mansion.

Kagome grabbed her bra that was floating around the pool but gave up on it in a second as InuYasha finished pulling on his pants. She grabbed her tang top that circled by the two and her pants, which were rather hard to get on. She managed by time InuYasha was pulling himself from the pool. He grabbed both of her hands and pulled her out of the pool, soaking the deck with glistening water. He laughed and pushed his lips against hers as he enveloped her in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his waist and kissed him back. As the cold October air hit her, she shivered. "We're going to catch our death out here….lets go inside, please…"

InuYasha brushed a piece of her soaked black hair from her face and kissed the brim of her nose. "I have a lecher to kill…but if you want…I can wait."

Kagome laughed heartily and shook her head no. "its okay, I think he deserves a good ass kicking. I'm going to find out if Rin has clothes I can wear." She released her grasp and grabbed his hand. "Then I want my kicks in on the asshole!"

InuYasha smiled and pulled her towards the house. "I'm serious Kagome…I do love you." pausing in his step, he turned to give her a smile. The moonlight glistened off her black hair, sparkling on every drop of water in her hair like diamonds. He gave her a million dollar smile and squeezed her hand.

Kagome stopped as he did and sighed happily as the words left his mouth. "I know you do…just like I love you too." She leaned up and kissed him while shivering in the night air. "Now lets get inside! I don't think I've ever been this cold before."

InuYasha nodded and led her into the house. Opening the balcony like doors, he grinned as he pulled her into the house. Everyone was staring as he pulled her through the door, and he blushed. `Sure I'm soaking wet as is Kagome…did Miroku announce to the group what happened? Great, what's going to fly around school on Monday?' he opened his mouth to ask what was going on that made forty people stare until he heard a piercing scream from the kitchen. Turning alertly, his gaze settled on Rin who frozen in the kitchen behind Sesshoumaru, who was brandishing a rather large and deadly sword. His mouth fell open as he turned quickly and pushed Kagome back out the doors. "Get back…" his eyes shot open short deep intake of air, anguish beginning to pull at his golden orbs. He chocked out a cough as he gaze fell away from Kagome and down to his ribs.

Kagome gasped as he pushed her then her eyes slowly traveled down his body. She heard screams from behind InuYasha as her eyes fell upon the sight. Sticking out from his right side was the pointed end of a long sword. Kagome cried out and rushed to his side. His eyes met hers and he shook his head slowly. "Get…back…" he grunted and pulled himself forward, pulling to sword from his body. He fell onto the floor, clenching the bleeding wound with his right hand. He turned very slowly to find Sesshoumaru standing behind him, clutching the sword like a baseball bat. InuYasha dropped onto his back as his brother swung again, trying to take his head with it.

Sesshoumaru brought the sword back again, grazing the boy's hair. "Die." He pulled back and jolted forward, meaning to run him through. InuYasha rolled to his right, avoiding the intentionally fatal blow. InuYasha stood slowly, standing in the boxing stance rocking back and forth in anticipation, blood seeping down his bare chest. As Sesshoumaru slashed again at his brother again, InuYasha jumped back and grabbed a small tray table. Holding it in front of him like a lion tamer, he thrust the table at his brother as Sesshoumaru attempted to pierce his chest again. The sword pierced through the wood and InuYasha spun the tray in his hands, flipping the sword from his brother grasp. InuYasha shot forward and punched Sesshoumaru in his throat, attempting to take him down. Sesshoumaru staggered back and InuYasha screamed out, "what the fuck are you fuckin doing, you fucking baka!" his eyes fell upon the blood that was smeared across his brother's face. Dropping his defenses in astonishment, he asked cautiously, "what the hell happened to you? What the fuck is going on?"

Sesshoumaru took Inuyasha's moment of weakness to use and kicked his brother in his chest, sending him three feet back into the wall. "You bastard!"

Rin ran towards InuYasha, skidding to a halt behind Sesshoumaru. "InuYasha! Sesshoumaru's delirious! He's been ranting since he broke down the door to our room! Its like he's possessed…he keeps calling me Karen or something…"

InuYasha froze, staring up at Rin from the floor. "Kerensa?"

Kagome ran through the door behind the three and jumped onto Sesshoumaru's back. Sesshoumaru growled beneath her and flung his weight forward then backward, hurling the girl backwards from his body. She landed on a couch, twenty feet away slightly dazed. She was on her feet in a second until two arms wrapped around her and pulled her back. Sango was at her side with Miroku next to her. Miroku nodded as he ran towards the battle, looking for a way to separate the unstoppable demon from his pray. Sango grabbed Kagome's arm stopping her from running back with a shake of her head. "Let them settle this! if you try to get involved, Sesshoumaru might kill you by accident."

Kagome tired to pull away from Sango while screaming, "Help him! I have to help InuYasha, Sango! Let me go, Sesshoumaru's going to kill him!"
Rin ran to their side, her eyes wide with panic and fear. "I don't know what's wrong with him, he ran into the room like hell was on his heels. Then he cried when he saw me…but he cried blood! That's where all this blood is from. He kept calling me Kerensa…who is she Kagome?"

Kagome shook her head helplessly. "I don't know…I don't fuckin know. I wish I did…god, Rin, stop him! He's going to kill InuYasha!"

Sango grabbed Rin's collar, trying to contain both girls from running into the battle. "Guys, let them do this. Apparently it's something that they both understand and have yet to settle! You can see it in Yash's eyes." Miroku had told her the story that InuYasha had disclosed to him. He hadn't meant to, it had slipped out in conversation. She understood what they were fighting over and why Sesshoumaru had lost it. He saw the party and it forced him to remember what happened. `The wound is so fresh…only three months ago this happened…god, what is he going to do? is he really going to kill InuYasha?' all three girls watched on in dread.

Sesshoumaru growled and kicked InuYasha in the jaw, sending him flying back again. He stalked towards the boy, his eyes a dark crimson. "Don't you dare say her name! You destroyed her! You bastard, you destroyed Kerensa with your disgusting half breed blood!" InuYasha stood as Sesshoumaru rounded back to punch him. InuYasha flung himself into his brother's body trying to knock him back and froze, pain engulfing his face. Sesshoumaru's fist collided with the boy's stomach area and impaled him. InuYasha let out a quiet whimper as his eyes clouded over. "Sesh…Sesshoumaru…" he fell forwards into Sesshoumaru's shoulders.

Sesshoumaru pulled his hand out of his brother's body, and shoved him backwards, his body falling in a heap on the floor. He ignored the screams of Kagome and Rin and shoved Miroku into the wall when he tried to pull Sesshoumaru back. "I should have killed you that day! You ruined my life, Baka! You ruined her life! You raped her! You fuckin raped her!"

Behind him he could hear the two girls gasp at the revelation, yet Sesshoumaru didn't care. Walking forward, he grabbed Tokijyn from the tray and aimed it at InuYasha. "You fuckin filthy scum…" he raised it above his head, his eyes blistering red. "Die."

Rin broke away from Sango's grasp, and ran in front of Sesshoumaru. "No!" two inches from her head, Sesshoumaru stopped the decent of the blade. His eyes cleared to their beautiful golden tone as he took in her appearance. Realizing he had nearly sliced her in half broke the deep trance that he was so enraptured in. He lowered the sword from her head then let it slip from his hand. It was as if he had woken up from a nightmare, yet the nightmare was real. "R…Rin?" he brought a trembling hand to her tear and blood stained face. He stared at her in complete confusion as he ran a hand over her cheeks. He let out a rasp sigh as he dropped to his knees. He stared into space for a long moment, swallowing hard. "I…I…"

Kagome ran to Inuyasha's side with a cry of alarm. Blood was bellowing out of his wound and forming in a large puddle around his body. His eyes were so empty…so lifeless. He let out a dull cough and closed his eyes slowly. "INUYASHA!!!!"

Miroku was by her side in an instant, placing two fingers on his neck. He waited a second with a small sigh of relief, "he has a heartbeat…its weak. We should get him to a hospital."

Behind them, a very disgruntled pain filled voice called out, "no…no doctors." Sesshoumaru staggered to his feet and pushed by Miroku. He dropped onto his knees next to InuYasha and looked over his brother's body. He shook his head slowly and closed his eyes for a moment. "What have I done?" opening them, he turned to Miroku. "Help me get him upstairs."

Miroku looked a little apprehensive. "If we move him, he might bleed more…"

Sesshoumaru shook his head no. "we need to get him to a bed…he'll be okay, the demon blood the courses through his veins will help heal him. If we take him to a hospital, they will want to study him…. we must get him upstairs…" Sesshoumaru pulled himself to his feet and wrapped an arm under Inuyasha's shoulders. Miroku grabbed the other side and they pulled him to his feet. Though the boy was long unconscious, he let out a low groan of pain as he was forced into an upright position. The girls trailed behind as they pulled him to the third story to his bedroom, carefully placing him on his bed. After depositing him, Sesshoumaru collapsed backwards into his half brother's computer chair.

Kagome cleared her throat tenderly, requesting everyone's attention. "Sesshoumaru…what the bloody hell just happened?"

Sesshoumaru was quiet for a moment while he stared at his brother. Somewhere from the depths of his thought, he called in a very un-Sesshoumaru like quiet voice, "I lost it." he hung his head as Rin wrapped her arms around him from behind the chair.

Kagome shook her head, realizing her efforts to get information was in vain, and instead sat down next to InuYasha. "Sango, can you get me band aids and gauze from the hallway closet next to the bathroom. I'm also going to need a warm washcloth and a bowl of water. We need to clean these wounds so they don't get infected." Sango nodded and pulled Miroku from the room behind her to fetch the necessary items. As soon as they were gone, Kagome called out again to Sesshoumaru, her back to him. "Who is Kerensa?"

Sesshoumaru inhaled sharply at the name then sighed. He put on hand over Rin's and stood up, walking towards the window. Staring out into the dark night sky, he watched as all the cars that had been lined up in front of the house drove off into the fading horizon. They had all taken off as soon as he had pulled the sword, and he could only imagine the rumors that would soon spread. He sighed again and placed his forehead against the cold glass surface. "Kerensa…" he took another deep breath and turned to face the girls. "she was the first person I met when we moved back here from the states. She was in my grade out in Kyoto. She…we…" with another deep breath, he turned and placed his back against the window and slid down to the floor. "I never trusted people easily but when I met her, it came naturally. We got along great for the most part. Being my senior year, I had to apply to school and she convinced me to apply to Princeton in the States. Well, I was accepted into the criminal justice program to basically become a lawyer. She applied to a neighboring college and was accepted as well…we planned on going there together after we graduated."

He could feel Rin's eyes on him, watching every move he made. He hadn't planned on telling her about Kerensa…it was too painful of a memory. But she had a right to know…and he realized that now. With a deep sigh, he forced himself on, "I had gone away for the weekend on an offer to visit a law firm out here in Tokyo to watch how they worked…I found it through school. Kerensa would have gone with me but she decided against it. Instead, she wanted to pack my things." With a callous laugh, he stared at the floor, "she was so excited to go to the states, and she wanted to leave the week after we graduated which would have been four weeks from then. When I was away, dip shit threw a massive party. I should have known better…I just should have. After moving back from the states, InuYasha had found solace to all the worlds problems in drugs. My mother didn't care and I overlooked it…I never saw him worth my time to worry about." he closed his eyes and softly banged his head backwards against the wall, "I got a call around one AM Saturday, May twenty fourth. It was Kerensa's mother. Since her and me had become so together…. so unified…. her parents had taken me in like one of their own. Her mother was frantic and hysterical, screaming and crying into the phone. I tried to calm her down but she wouldn't…all she kept saying was something happened to Kerensa. I used my demon speed for the first time in ages to get to her house within minutes. The second I saw her…" his eyes clouded over as he gazed up at the ceiling. "She was alive…to say the most. She was crying into her father's arms on her bed. I could smell her tears from outside the house and nearly broke down their door. She flung herself into my arms but would not tell me what happened. Her parents finally divulged that someone had attacked her…. that someone had raped her. I knew the scent on her and asked if she had been at my house, praying what I smelt was not what I thought it was…. she didn't answer, she just cried. So I took it as a yes. I left her in her room and told her parents I would find who did it.

"I returned to my home to find people strung out about the place, so drunk that they couldn't stand. The smell was horrendous…beer, piss, and the one smell I can't get out of my mind to this day…the stench of blood. I ran upstairs to where I smelt the blood…her blood. I found InuYasha passed out in his room, covered in her scent. I woke him up and dragged him back to the other house. He was so strung out on cocaine and ecstasy that he had no clue what was going on. He froze when he saw Kerensa and I knew right then that he had indeed been the unknowing perpetrator…he did it. He ran out of the house with speed I didn't know he possessed and threw up outside. I don't know if it was from nerves or from the drugs but looking back I know it was nerves. I took him down the road to a park and beat the living shit out of him." he heard Kagome and Rin both gasp and unintentionally move a step away from InuYasha. Sesshoumaru winched at the action, knowing that he had changed InuYasha and Kagome's relationship whether he meant to or not.

"I could have killed him…I wanted to kill him….but I couldn't. I realized that the only reason he had been doing the drugs was because of what happened in the states to his friends…and that was my doing, or so I believed. He was trying to hide from that pain and had inflicted a new more terrifying pain on himself by doing so…. a pain called guilt. I saw it in his eyes and I realized that he had no clue what he had done up until he saw her which led me to believe that he must have transformed to his demon form when it happened. I ran from it all…I hid in Tokyo for about two weeks until Kerensa started calling my phone everyday. I can't even put into words how guilty I felt…I should have been there. I should have protected her!"

Rin took a few steps towards Sesshoumaru, her eyes wide and glassy. "My god, Sesshoumaru. Why didn't you ever tell me?"

Sesshoumaru gazed up at the girl and blinked. "Because I didn't want you to think less of me or my brother."

Rin nodded once, her face a mask of indifference. "I understand that. What happened…what happened with Kerensa and…you?" it was hard for her to hear about another girl in his life and she started to get a very unsettling feeling; jealousy. `is he still in love with this girl? Are they still together? How did he handle what InuYasha did? It makes sense now why he flipped out when he got home…but….' She dropped to her knees in front of Sesshoumaru and placed her hand on his knee.

Sesshoumaru could not meet Rin's stare. Instead he closed his eyes and sighed. In a very soft voice, he responded to a question that plagued him every day. "I met up with her at school. Rumors had flown around and most already knew what happened. the school was one of the more prestigious in Japan and having such a scandal between students was unheard of. They `found', "he made air quotes with his fingers, his eyes still sealed closed, "drugs in my brothers locker and demanded a test from him. Needless to say, he failed every single one. They expelled him immediately. As for me…they linked me to an organized crime syndicate in the area, a branch of Diegosan's side of the dragons, and had me expelled for dealings with that. of course that blew my ride to Princeton. Kerensa found me on campus after I found out and cornered me. I had been avoiding her because I couldn't look at her face without seeing my fuck up. she thought I was disgusted with what happened…disgusted with her. I tried to convince her otherwise but did a shit poor job. Finally I broke down and told her that I blamed myself and I wanted her to go to the states without me and live her dream. I turned my back on her and walked away. That was the last time I saw her. I got news from her parents that she had gone to the states a few days before we moved here. They never knew it was InuYasha who did it…she never told anyone. InuYasha told me, a few weeks ago, that he confronted her before she found me. He said he apologized till he couldn't breathe and begged her not to blame me. He said she forgave him and knew it wasn't him who did it but the darker side of his personality." He shut his mouth and hung his chin against his chest, and rested his elbows on his bent knees.

Rin reached out and moved a strand of his white hair behind his ear and gave him a small sad smile. "I'm so sorry Sesshoumaru. I wish I could say something to make the pain go away. She was a good person for forgiving such an act." she gazed over her shoulder towards the unconscious boy who was bleeding out on the bed. "I would never have guessed InuYasha to have a dark side in him…I don't want to say it doesn't change how I look at him. being a victim of such an act, its hard but I understand that it was him per say." She glanced over at Kagome who was staring at InuYasha. Her eyes softened as she found the confused stare on her friends face. "Kagome…are you okay?"

Kagome nodded as she took a step towards the unconscious boy. "I had a feeling something like that happened. Kikyo had opened her fat mouth about something to do with a girl by that name….i didn't push him to get answers because I saw how much it hurt him. he has so much rage and pain inside of him. I can't imagine living with half of the burden he carries…" The bedroom door opened slowly and Sango and Miroku walked in with the first aid supplies. Kagome took them without another word and sat down next to her lover. She began cleaning his wounds with tears in her eyes.

Sesshoumaru stood up slowly and walked to Kagome. He put a hand on her shoulder and took the washcloth from her hand. "I inflicted these…I will take care of them. Take Rin and go home."

Rin stood swiftly and crossed her arms in defiance. "no way, I am not leaving you….not after all of this."

Sesshoumaru paused from cleaning the gaping wound in his brother's mid section to gaze at the girl with edging annoyance. "I will not attack him again, you don't have to worry."

Rin let out a short sigh and tapped her foot. "this has nothing to do with InuYasha. It has to do with you, me and your current state of mind. I don't care if I have to wait to talk to you, that's more then fine. As a matter of fact, I'm going to go and start cleaning up downstairs since all of his," she gestured at the boy on the bed, "friends left him here without a second thought. I want to be here for you if you need me."

Sesshoumaru offered her a small smile as he went back to cleaning his brother's wounds without another word.

Rin grabbed Kagome's hand and gave her a knowing smile, "it will be okay, don't worry. Lets go clean up. when Sesshoumaru's done, we'll come back up." When Kagome didn't respond, Rin tightened the grasp on her hand, "it will be okay Kag, promise."

Kagome turned slowly to face Rin with a very depressed look on her face. "will it? will it really be okay? Think about what this boy has been through! He watched his friends be slaughtered in front of him, he raped his brother's girlfriend without knowing it, he was nearly killed twice by his brother…. would you be okay? No wonder why he fell into drugs…"

Rin put her other hand on Kagome's shoulder and glared at her. "Look, everyone carries their own burdens…he has to handle his. With you next to him, he'll be okay." She coaxed Kagome away from the body of her lover slowly, "come on, you can tell me why your soaking wet downstairs."

Miroku let out a very sudden rash cough as he tired his best not to smile at the girls words. Turning to Sango, he gave her a small smile, "why don't you help them. I'm going to stay up here with the guys."

Sango gave him a short nod and without another word helped Rin lead Kagome out of the room.

Once the door was shut, Miroku sat on the opposite side of the bed. He placed his chin in his hands as he started very slowly, "Sesshoumaru…Kikyo was at the party. She's Naraku's bitch…I wouldn't put it past her to have already told Naraku of your fight with InuYasha. If Naraku wants to get revenge, he knows that one of the two of you already are hurt. He might send people…"

Sesshoumaru glared up at the boy. Miroku nearly fell to pieces under the intense glare. His eyes were narrowed and his bangs fell over his forehead, shadowing the glowing orbs. He gave Miroku a rather sadistic small smile that made Miroku shiver. His voice had returned to its emotionless calm. "Let them try. They will only find death here."

Miroku held his two hands in front of him as he slowly stood up, moving away from the two. "I think I'm going to help the girls…uhh…don't kill him." he turned quickly and walked from the room, fear lingering in his eyes. `Note to self, never piss of Sesshoumaru!'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

- well there we go, next installment. Now the secrets out. Hope it flowed well. Enjoy. R&R. and oh yes, being that all the kiddies are in chorus, you know I'm going to have to make them do a play. (Come on, its high school…what's high school without the dramatic play?) What I need are thoughts as to what play they can do. Musical or not, don't matter. I would prefer a musical just to make InuYasha squirm. Email me with thoughts…or leave them in reviews. Thanks!!

Q/A

 

White tiger princess- I'm actually including this to answer some of your questions. Don't worry about bogging me down with them, I'm more then happy to answer them. if you watch the show (which I'm positive you do) you would know Sesshoumaru has always hated InuYasha for his human blood. (my guess in the show is because it's a weakness. His father had to have either left his mother, found a new mate after his old ones death, or cheated on his mother, with Inuyasha's to give birth to a half breed). In the story however, yeah, he's a little cranky on the whole cheating fact (InuYasha represented the flaws of the relationship of his parents) but he is PISSED at InuYasha for the whole Kerensa incident, as pointed out in these chapters, which was introduced in chapter 15, when InuYasha tells Miroku. That's sesshy's deal with Yash. He really doesn't care about the group as a whole, he gets along with them and stuff. He protected Kagome because she's Rin's best friend. As for the mother and Myouga, they are but minor characters that are introduced to bring about drama (as Launia has accomplished in chapter 24 when Jui lets it slip about Launia and Diegosan) Myouga is more just there for show (someone had to clean the house). Friends don't always tell everything they have on their chest…Rin reserved some of the information to keep Kagome and Sango from ending up in Naraku's clutches as well. She was trying to protect them. as for Sango and Miroku…well….that was more of a `I'm tired of writing so lets just make that a secret side thing for every one to figure out later.' Later chapters will flashback to their story but they are NOT the spotlight on this one….SO far from it. sorry, love them both, specially Miroku, but it got complicated and someone needed the axe.
(I'm sure these past two chapters confused you even more, so sorry.)

Inu_rika 83- where were you last night when I was trying to spell shiskabob? Damn homestead and 4:30 am nights!!!!

Xfiledino- you didn't read wrong when you read that but seriously, who can kill themselves by sitting underwater unless they REALLLY don't want to live anymore. She wanted to drown away her life, but she couldn't…obviously…cause then whom would I torment?

Kasha- (your log in is toooo complicated) heeh….thanks for the great comments, its great to know that someone is hooked in my work.

Inu lover 2004- hope the last chapter wasn't to dark for ya…. guess there was no way around it though. Thank you again for the review!