InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Interuptions ( Chapter 28 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~

 

~<>~ Chapter 28 ~<>~interruptions

 

Sango picked up a bottle of half finished vodka with a look of disgust on her face. "Who just runs away from a party? Honestly, we got to school with a bunch of cowards. They see one big sword and take off like a bunch of weasels."

Rin nodded absently as she threw an empty cup into the giant black trash bag Kagome was holding. "Well…what would you have done when you see this pissed off blood covered tiayoukai shiskabobing his younger brother? I'd have run like the devil was at my heels. Nigens, Sango…. remember that."

Sango shrugged and picked up another bottle. "I just feel so bad. These people nearly trashed their house…it's going to reek of beer for months in here!"

Rin looked over her shoulder at Kagome and sighed, "don't worry, Kagome, he'll be fine."

Kagome blinked and then sighed deeply. "I don't know guys…I mean Sesshoumaru messed him up pretty bad…"
Sango paused from cleaning up the mess and crossed her arms. She tilted her head to her right shoulder and asked in a serious voice, "would you have left him alone with Sesshoumaru if you didn't trust him?"

Kagome shrugged and sat down on the leather couch. "I don't know….no….but Miroku is up there…."

Sango licked her lips slowly then pointed towards the basement door. "No, he's playing X-Box downstairs. Something about Sesshoumaru is really scary when he's pissed…."

Rin chuckled and nodded her head yes. "He's so right…I mean, even to me, he's horrifying when he's mad. Not someone I would want to cross…."

Kagome buried her head in her hands as she sighed again. "I don't know….i just don't know…."

Sango blinked then sat down next to Kagome, carefully rubbing Kagome's back with her right hand. "What don't you know?"

Kagome paused for a moment as she tried hard to control her emotions. "I don't know…I have this feeling tugging at me…. tugging at my chest…."

Rin sat on the other side of Kagome and rested a hand on her shoulder. "Is it that your upset InuYasha was hurt?"

Sango added in quietly, "is it that you're hurt that he never told you about the Kerensa incident?"

Miroku, at that moment, chose to exit the basement to get a beer. Hearing the girl's conversation he couldn't help but to add in his own two cents. Walking up behind them, he added quickly, "or is that you feel bad this happened after what happened in the pool?"

All three girls jumped and stared over their shoulders at the boy. Kagome's face turned bright red and she prayed that the others didn't hear the comment. "Miroku, don't you have some girl to be molesting?" she shot back quickly, wishing to rid them of his presence.

Miroku chuckled and shot a quick wink at Sango, who also blushed. "No…I think I shall prod here for a while."

Rin turned slowly to stare at Kagome and chewed on her lips for a moment. In the confusion of everything that had happened, she never really got to ask Kagome why exactly she was drenched. Suddenly it dawned on her that InuYasha had been shirtless and his pants soaked as well. Her eyes doubled their size as she gawked at Kagome. "Wait, wait, wait! Hold the phone…. you and InuYasha were both wet…what, prey tell, were you two doing?"

Miroku's smile widened as he watched Kagome squirm. He picked up a can of beer and shot it into the black bag. "Yes Kagome, why don't you tell them of your tryst in the pool…"

Sango stared at her best friend, awe etched across her face. "In the pool?"

Kagome gulped as her blush darkened. "Its not like that…. well…."

Miroku jumped over the back of the couch, landing next to Sango. With a tell all grin, he started slowly, "well….our dear Kagome and resident bad boy InuYasha decided it wasn't cold enough outside so they decided to take their actions to the pool…."

Kagome stood up abruptly, glaring daggers at Miroku. "Look, he almost died! Does it fucking matter what we were doing in the pool? I almost lost him and all you can do is prod at what happened! Do you even grasp what just happened? his brother, Miroku, his brother put his fuckin hand through Inuyasha's chest! Through his chest! I thought I lost him at that second! All the passion that you so rudely interrupted…all the love I realized I had for that boy, was almost lost to death! He almost died and all you can do is laugh about walking in on us having sex! Grow the fuck up, Miroku." she felt the emotions she had tried to hard to control slip away in a blinding fury as she turned on her heels and stormed out of the room.

Miroku swayed back and forth for a moment, his face impassive. With a shrug of his shoulders, he sighed, "was it something I said?"

His response was two couch cushions being thrown at him rather roughly.

~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~**

Sesshoumaru had finished dressing Inuyasha's wounds and was watching him carefully for any signs of improvement. With a sigh, Sesshoumaru sat back in the leather computer chair he had pulled up to the bedside. "I guess now is the time to talk to you, baka, since you can't talk back." His eyes shot back to the door and he sighed again. "I do not know why I have yet to say this, or why it is so hard for me to say but I guess I no longer have a choice. InuYasha, I was flawed…and a lot of it has hurt you more then you'll ever lead on to. I got your friends killed, I nearly had us killed, and I nearly killed you today. We both have made similar mistakes…" he hung his head and sighed again. Sesshoumaru looked up at his brother's sleeping form and let out low growl, "I was wrong to let my emotions get the better of me. I should have had better control. I don't hold you responsible for you actions that night…I never have. I always blamed myself, whether or not you believe that is your decision. I should have been there…I should have taken responsibility for the shootings instead of letting Launia believe it was your actions that brought it around. I should have watched over you when we got back to Kyoto…I should have intervened when I saw what kind of drugs you were taking, yet I didn't wish to see it, therefore I did not. What I am saying, baka, and listen up because this is the only time I shall every say this…is that I am sorry."

A small knock on the door pulled the demon lord from his brooding as he turned to find Kagome in the doorway, tears in her eyes. "am I interrupting anything?" Sesshoumaru shook his head no and beckoned for Kagome to enter. She placed herself on the bed next to the injured boy and looked over the bandaged wounds. "You put him back together pretty good. Have you done this before?"

Sesshoumaru stared at the girl blankly for a moment, and then raised an eyebrow, "dressing wounds or impaling my brother?"

Kagome blinked a few times, resting her chin on her hands. "I meant dressing the wounds."

Sesshoumaru nodded slowly. "Far to many times." He noticed the concern and pain in Kagome's eyes as she stared at the half demon on the bed. "Kagome, he has my father's blood in his veins and it runs thick. Don't worry, he will recover by Sunday."

Kagome sighed and closed her eyes. "I thought I almost lost him."

Sesshoumaru paused for a long moment, gathering up the courage to speak. When he did, it seemed so stressed, like it took all of his power to admit such a thing. "so did I."

Kagome gave the lord a small smile. "Sesshoumaru…I'm hoping that you realize now that your brother isn't all bad."

Sesshoumaru tilted his head to his left shoulder and stoically retorted, "I never said he was…but he is, however, a baka. A baka for throwing this party knowing full well what happened last time, a baka for leaving Rin by herself with a bunch of drunk nigens in the house, a baka for getting half way drunk himself, and defiantly a baka for…" Sesshoumaru scowled and scrunched his nose, "…defiling you in the pool."

Kagome's face went stark white as she stared at the demon with her mouth agape until the blush set in profusely as it quickly consumed her. "i…that is….I mean….we…." with a sigh, she raised her own eyebrow, "what do you mean defile? And how do you know what we were doing…" she felt her face burst with a new wave of red as she looked to the floor. `this is not the conversation I want to be having now!'

Sesshoumaru had to use the power he had left not to burst out laughing at the cornered expression on Kagome's face. "When I say defile, I mean my brother so ignorantly deposited his…"

Kagome held up both of her hands quickly, her eyes three times her respective size, "okay, I get your drift!"

Sesshoumaru shrugged and sat back into the chair. "Besides, you reek of him. I would suggest a long hot shower."

Kagome took Inuyasha's hand in her own and rubbed small circles on the back of his hand. "I don't think I can leave him…."

Sesshoumaru frowned and looked for the young miko to the hanyou.
Though he formed his statement as a question, it was strictly rhetorical. "Regardless of what you learned today, you still love him?"

Kagome didn't look up from the boy. Instead she gently stroked a piece of his hair out from his face with a frown. "I don't think anything could make me not love him…I feel so close to him, ya know? Like we're meant to be…"

Sesshoumaru nodded once, his eyes never leaving his brother's body. "I could have told you that from the moment he pulled you onto his lap at the club. And I do not mean just by the blatant drooling aspect you both had for each other but more for the connection of your auras."

Kagome gave Sesshoumaru a small smile that touched her eyes. "I know he's going to be okay, it just hurts to see him like this."

Sesshoumaru nodded slowly, "I understand. To see a mate so utterly helpless….it can put a fury in your blood that you were unaware that you possessed."

Kagome nodded in understand, blushing slightly under the word mate. She sighed as she laid her head on the pillow next to InuYasha. "If you want to go see Rin, she's downstairs with Sango. I know she wanted to talk to you about everything. She feels partially responsible…I don't know why, but then again, its Rin."

Sesshoumaru glanced from Kagome to InuYasha. "You will stay here?"

Kagome let out a small giggle at the objective look on his face. "I will get you when he wakes up, I promise."

Sesshoumaru stood slowly, "I will be back." He turned and walked swiftly from the room, closing the door behind him.

Kagome sighed as the door rang shut and turned her eyes on InuYasha. "What were you thinking? You could have been killed!" she nudged his shoulder with her nose and sighed, resting her head on his unscathed shoulder. "I thought I was going to lose you, InuYasha. I thought you died…. what would I do without you? I try to remember three or four weeks ago when I didn't know you and I couldn't remember, I can't picture it. to me, its like you've always been here! I never want to let you go!" a tears slid down her cheek as she huddled her body against his. "You can't leave me…not after a night like this! Not after what we did. I love you so much…." closing her eyes, she tried to find solace in sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rin and Sango stared open mouthed at Miroku who had just finished his tale of walking in on InuYasha and Kagome in the pool. Neither girl really wanted to laugh due to the aftermath but they couldn't help it. Soon they both broke out in a fit of giggles as they imagined the look on Kagome's face seeing Miroku there. Sango was the first to respond, "you Hentia, what were you doing there?"

Miroku shrugged and looked around the room, "I was going to go swimming…now I never will."

Rin sighed heavily and held a hand out to him, "please, Miroku! You swim in so much worse at lakes and rivers. You don't want to know what's in that water."

Miroku rolled his eyes, "at least there I didn't see the people doing it…!"

Sango smacked the boy across the back of his head, sending him hurling forwards onto the floor, "your such a pervert! God, Miroku, can't you talk about anything else then catching them? InuYasha nearly died! Can you imagine how Kagome feels, and you just about rubbed it in her face!"

Miroku rubbed his head as he slowly stood, "well, I can talk about others going at it in not so kosher of places…. like bathrooms…" his gaze met Rin's and he gave her a very lecherous smile. Before anything else could be said, Miroku was lifted a foot off the ground by the back of his collar. Rotating in mid air, the Hentia came face to face with a rather angry looking Sesshoumaru. Miroku let out a yelp and backpedaled with his feet, trying to free himself. "I'm sorry…I'm sorry…honestly, I'm sorry…."

Sesshoumaru growled deeply then breathed out, "What others do in their spare time is none of your business. Stop putting your nose where it does not belong before someone breaks it off! Got it?"

"Hai." Miroku nodded swiftly and his reward was being dropped roughly onto the ground. He scrambled off the floor and ran into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of Smirnoff ice and made a break for the basement, calling over his shoulder rather quickly, "I'll be downstairs!"

Sesshoumaru watched the human run with mild amusement. He rolled his eyes and turned stare back at the two girls. He held is hand out to Rin and beckoned for her to take it. Gently she reached out and he pulled her to her feet. "I need to speak with you." Rin nodded once and he gave Sango a nod before pulling Rin off to his room.

Sango watched the two walk up the steps and she picked up the bag of garbage and brought it into the kitchen, setting it on the ground by the trashcan. With a sigh, she dusted her hands off on her knees then walked downstairs to meet up with Miroku.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Sesshoumaru sat Rin down on the edge of his bed before he dropped in front of her, resting his head in her lap. She let out a shocked gasp before gently stroking his hair, trying to sooth him. With as much gathered dignity as he could muster, he called out from beneath the blanket of white hair he bundled himself under, "I'm sorry. I thought I lost you too…."

Rin hushed him and traced his exposed cheek with her fingers. "Sessh, you will never lose me. I'll always be here with you. I promise."

Sesshoumaru sighed and lifted his head to stare at her. He suddenly found himself getting lost in her coal gray eyes. Forcing himself to look away after a moment, he chose to stare hard at the floor. "Don't make promises you cannot keep."

Rin gasped in shock and grabbed his chin, pulling her to stare into his eyes. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Sesshoumaru growled as he pulled himself from his knees to sit next to her. he enveloped her in his arms and cradled her head into his chest. "What if I cannot protect you? Rin, I cannot lose you as well…"

Rin pulled back from Sesshoumaru and without thinking, grasped his chin in her fingers and roughly pulled him to stare at her face. "Don't you ever say that! We protect each other Sesshoumaru! You will never lose me! Stop saying it!"

Sesshoumaru glared at the girl in shock as he carefully took her hand in his. He pulled her away from his chin and held her hand in his. He tried to speak back to her, convince her of what she meant to him. He wanted to tell her how much he was scared of what had happened but nothing would leave his mouth. `Damn me and my insufferable pride!' taking a deep breath, he just shook his head. "I love you so much Rin. I don't want to remember what it was like to be alone."

Rin ran a hand down his cheek again, tucking some of his hair behind his ear. "You won't have to. I'm here Sesshoumaru, right here." Taking their joint hands, she placed his against her cheek.

Sesshoumaru closed his eyes with a sigh and reached forward once again taking her in his arms. "I'm sorry…I must have scared you."

`Terrified.' Rin gulped and slowly nodded her head into his chest. "I was more afraid that you were hurt, that something had happened to you. "

Sesshoumaru tightened his grasp on her. "I've never lost it like that before. I've been angered enough to nearly revert to my demon form but never like that. I couldn't see straight, Rin…everything was tainted red. I saw her….i saw that night. I don't think though that is what completely set me off. I think knowing that happened in the past and seeing you in such a similar situation…I was so afraid that I let down another person."

Rin sighed as she buried her face in his shirt. "You could never let me down."

Sesshoumaru closed his eyes in a silent prayer for the angel that he had been given. `I will never let anyone hurt you Rin...with my life, I will protect you.'

Rin leaned up to his lips and gently kissed him. "I love you Sesshoumaru."
Sesshoumaru kissed her back letting his hand slid from her back to the back of her head, gently pulling her closer to him to deepen the kiss. He sucked her bottom lip into his mouth and traced the tender muscle with his tongue before letting it slide between her teeth and into her mouth. She moaned under his touch and pushed him with her body backwards onto the bed. Breaking the kiss, she straddled his hips and leaned down and kissed him again, this time adding more fire behind the kiss. As she broke the kiss, he attempted to flip them over. She grabbed his wrists from her hips as he tried to turn them and pinned them above his head. He could have easily thwarted her plans with his strength but then again, `who am I to stop her in this mood? Rin…dominating? Who would have guessed?' he leaned back; giving in to her motions and stared at her through glazed over eyes. `God she's beautiful.' He grinned as she tightened her hold on his wrists. "So, my Rin wants to play?"

Rin stared at the demon for a moment, burning the knowledge that she wanted to be in control into his mind. She then released his hands and let her hands travel down the sides of his face then to his chest. She traced his muscles beneath the white wife beater he was wearing before reaching the bottom of the material. With a yank, she pulled it up over his head. She leaned down and traced his lips with her tongue then let her body slide down his as she traced his neck with her tongue. She sucked at his pulse while she raked her nails down his chest. She heard him moan at the sudden intense feeling and she felt him harden under her. She let her tongue dance about his neck until she decided to move further down. Straddling his knees, she kissed a very small trail down his muscular chest, shuddering at the strength of his muscles. Though he was very toned, he wasn't built like a weight builder. His body was slim, neat and perfect. Though she did not doubt for one moment that he could take on any weight builder and put them through the wall. She flicked one of his nipples with her tongue and giggled when he began to growl intently. It was a warm feeling. She traced a line down his stomach and she heard him gasp and hold in a breath as her tongue danced about his navel. She let her fingers drift down his pants; nearing to the spot she was sure she would elicit a moan from.

The door to their room swung open swiftly as Miroku popped his head in. "hey…Inuyasha's…." the pervert paused as his eyes took in the scene before him. Rin was hunched over on Sesshoumaru, her mouth dangerously close to his…pants…. Miroku cleared his throat when he heard a very deep growl echoing from Sesshoumaru…wait no, that was not Sesshoumaru growling.

Sesshoumaru was about to growl at Miroku…. he had all intention at beating the life out of the monk, as his brother ironically called him, until he heard something that lit up his face. Rin. Rin was growling worse then any female Inu Youkai he had ever heard. Hell, he had never heard his own mother growl so dangerously, and that was saying a lot. Sesshoumaru coughed once, trying to keep control of his emotions. He sighed and sat up, pulling Rin into his chest and rubbed her back. He leaned down and whispered into her ear, "your growling dear…"

Rin gasped and covered her mouth, hiding her face in his bare shoulder. Somewhere from his skin, he heard her mutter, "was I really?"

Miroku shifted his weight on his heels, grinning like a wild cat. "Man, I just keep popping up at the wrong point, don't I? Oh, wait, that's not me popping up…" his eyes shined as Sesshoumaru glared at him with a very death threatening stare. Clearing his throat again, he dryly called out, "InuYasha is awake. Thought you would like to know that. I'll leave you two to your…game…" he coughed again and shut the door, taking off up the steps before the Youkai decided to tear his heart from his body.

Sesshoumaru stared down at Rin once the door was closed. With a grin, he managed to pry Rin away from his shoulder. "What was that all about?"

Rin's face was bright red as she stared at the chest of the man in front of her. She shifted her weight then climbed off his lap. "If InuYasha is awake…"

Sesshoumaru reached out and grabbed her wrist. Pulling her back around, he pinned her to the mattress under his strong frame. He leaned down and kissed the tip of her nose. Though his eyes gleamed with a playful light, his voice was completely serious. "What was that all about Rin?"

Rin wiggled beneath the lord then gave up and slumped back into the mattress. "we…I mean….damnit Sesshoumaru, we get so damned close to something, anything and someone always messes it up!" her eyes darkened as she seethed, "I swear to god, I'm going to buy a fuckin lock and pad lock that god damned door! Then no one can fuckin walk in!"

Sesshoumaru cracked a smile and nuzzled his nose into her cheek. "Have I ever said how much it turns me on when you curse?"

Rin glared at the demon for a moment before giving him a seductive grin. "Fuck fuckidy fuck fuck,"

Sesshoumaru coughed, which Rin took for his best attempt for a laugh, and pulled away from the girl to stand up. "I have to go see my brother."

Rin looked so disappointed but she nodded. "I want to see him to. I want to see if he's okay." She stood next to Sesshoumaru and ran her hands over the low-rise jeans. As they walked from the room, she suddenly remembered what Miroku had told them downstairs. With a look of disgust, she muttered, "That baka got laid before I did…."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome opened her eyes to feel a claw gently tracing her cheeks. She turned over so quickly, she gave herself a headache. Ignoring the stabbing pain, she stared into a set of amber eyes. "InuYasha?"

The boy gave her a very painful grin then closed his eyes, trying to numb the searing pain. "K'gme…. are…you…."

Kagome placed a finger on his lips and gently hushed him. "I'm fine…you're going to be okay also. Sesshoumaru…. he kind of went a little crazy. Rin got between the two of you and he snapped back to reality. He…. he felt like shit for what he did…honestly InuYasha." She noticed his labored breathing and brought her face a couple inches from him. "Are you okay?"

InuYasha popped open one eye and glared at her with a very sullen look. `What kind of fuckin question is that? Yeah, a fuckin hand through your goddamned chest doesn't hurt…what the fuck!' he couldn't get his mouth to work so he settled on rolling his eye and closing it again.

Kagome leaned in a little closer and placed her lips on his gently. "I'm glad your okay…you gave me such a scare! All I saw was a sword sticking out of your ribcage! InuYasha…" her eyes filled with tears as she struggled to keep her calm, "I thought you were going to leave me."

InuYasha slowly opened his eyes again, a look of annoyance dancing about his face. "k'gme…no….cry….i…won't…." he winched as his chest burned with pain and he swallowed hard. "Leave…you…. never…"

Kagome pulled back and gave a very short hiccup like laugh. "I'm sorry, here I am blubbering like an idiot and you're in so much pain. Get some rest…"

InuYasha gave her a small smile and closed his eyes again.

The door to the room flung open and Sesshoumaru marched in followed by a rather frustrated Rin. Kagome turned to stare at the intruders then smiled. "hey…He's awake, kind of, but in some bad pain. Maybe we can get him painkillers…"

Sesshoumaru frowned and walked next to InuYasha, gently pushing Kagome away from him. "Open your eyes, baka!"

`What the fuck do these people want from my god damned life?' InuYasha opened both of his eyes to make sure his brother got the drift as to how annoyed he was. "…Yes?"

Sesshoumaru glared at the boy then removed the blankets from his body. He put a hand on the boy's chest and slowly peeled back the cloth that covered the sword wound. "Hold still…"

InuYasha growled at the fact that Sesshoumaru was touching him, and then yelped as the Band-Aid pulled at his skin. "What the fuck!" he grimaced with pain and fought with himself to keep consciousness. "No…touchy. You'll…. finish…. the job."

Sesshoumaru grabbed a cloth on the side of the bed and wiped away some of the oozing fluid and build up from the wound and pulled the band aid off of his body completely, depositing it in the trash. The wound had already grown a new layer of muscle over the severed one, holding back the blood from pouring out. He grabbed a new band-aid to the absolute awe of his brother. Busying himself with cleaning the wound, he asked without paying much attention, "what job?"

InuYasha watched his brother very carefully. Sesshoumaru…the Sesshoumaru…. the great tiayoukai Sesshoumaru…. was cleaning his wounds. Inuyasha's eyes almost fell out of his head as he watched the demon. `He must be trying to poison me. It makes sense…who's gonna question Him?' InuYasha narrowed his eyes as best as he could, fighting off the urge to go back to sleep and spit out, "trying to…kill me…. of course…." With a grunt, he quickly added, "bastard."

Sesshoumaru grunted and pulled the band-aid off his chest quickly, earning a very loud yelp from the boy on the bed. "shut up and accept my help." He treated the other larger wound with a little more care then the other one.

The other three, InuYasha included, watched on in amazement at the fact that Sesshoumaru was being civil with his brother and was…touching…him. InuYasha grunted again and shifted his weight, which caused him to spur out a mouth full of broken up curses at the blinding pain. "What…is your deal?" with a sneer, he continued, "won't your fuckin...precious…hands fall off...for touching a half breed?"

 

Sesshoumaru grimaced and slapped another band-aid over Inuyasha's wound and glared at the hanyou. "Look, baka, these wounds are from me, and you almost died because I could not move on. The least I can do, and the most I am going to do, is to take care of these wounds." He put the Band-Aid box back under the sink and glared at the hanyou. "your bitch would have killed me, anyway, if I did not help."

Kagome's mouth fell open as she stared at the two. "I would not have, and I am not his bitch! Are you forgetting who kicked me out of the room to help him?"

InuYasha had turned to stare at Kagome but upon hearing this, his head snapped back towards Sesshoumaru. He regretted moving so quickly immediately, as the world around him faded into black with a lot of bright spots moving around in front of his eyes. "shit…"

Sesshoumaru frowned at the boy and stood slowly. "Baka. Get some sleep you'll need it. Those wounds are far from healed. Kagome, don't let him out of bed." The demon turned around and held out a hand to Rin. "my dear…I do believe we were in the middle of something…"

Rin's face lit up as she gave Kagome a small wave, "take care of him and kill Miroku if you see him."

Kagome gave her friend knowledgeable smile and grinned. "Sure will, you two behave yourselves."

Rin grumbled something about privacy on the way out of the room, trailing behind the handsome lord.

As the door closed, Kagome turned back to InuYasha and brushed a strand of his hair from his face. his eyes were closed and for once, he looked peaceful. She kissed his forehead, resting her head on his.

"uhh…Kagome?"

Kagome gasped and sat up quickly, her eyes meeting the golden spheres beneath her. "oh, InuYasha. I'm so sorry…I shouldn't have woken you."

InuYasha shook his head and blinked slowly. "I just had one hella-nasty dream…"

Kagome gave him a small smile and had a good idea what he was going to say. "and what happened in this dream?"

InuYasha blinked again and tried to move. With a grunt, he lifted his neck enough to glare down at his naked bandaged chest. Letting his head fall backwards, he made a face, "never fukin mind…it wasn't a damn dream."

Kagome giggled as she ran her hand down his cheek. "rest dear, you'll be okay."

InuYasha gave her a reassuring smile, nodding off into rest. As his eyes closed, he muttered to Kagome, "if bastard tries to touch me again…I'm breaking his hip…"

Kagome shook her head slowly and rubbed his ears gently, "he's only trying to right a wrong…you know, he cares about you more then…" she paused as a soft purring sound assaulted her ears. She bit her lip trying to contain her laugh, "why, InuYasha, are you purring?" she didn't receive an answer. Instead she got a very loud snore. She grimaced and shook her head. "You're too much, do you know that?" she laid down next to him again and rested her head on his shoulder. "And that's why I love you." soon, she joined him in dreamland.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*

Miroku walked into the basement, locking the door behind him. "never can be to careful," he called out as he walked down the steps, "never know who will pop in." he laughed and jumped onto the couch next to Sango, who was currently chugging a beer and watching The Sopranos©.

Sango turned to stare at Miroku, then threw the can over his head and into the bag behind him. She narrowed her eyes suspiciously at him, "what did you do to Sesshoumaru and Rin?"

Miroku shrugged and lay back on the couch, closing his eyes. He threw his feet up on the coffee table. For a long moment, he sat quiet as he felt Sango's glare on him. he smiled as he felt her finally start to look back at the television. "Sango?"

Sango turned back to the monk, her mind trying to catch the words coming from the television. "What is it, Houshi?"

Miroku grimaced at the nickname but shrugged it off. "Would you ever consider giving head?"

WHACK! Miroku went face first into the wooden coffee table with a very red angry woman behind him, her hand poised at her shoulder. "HENITA!"

Miroku groaned and rubbed her head slowly. "It was merely a question, my love…I was not implying that I was asking it. It was in all innocence, honest."

Sango nearly screamed. "How do you ask that kind of question innocently? I'll tell you how, if you're a fuckin lecher!" she took her shoe off of her foot and hit him with it in the back of his head. "Hentia!"

Miroku sat for a moment, his face deep in the carpet, before righting himself, a hand still at the ready to thwart any of Sango's attacks. Pleased that she would no longer hit him, he backed out of her reach and blinked once, "is that a no?"

Sango screamed in frustration and lunged at the boy, like a tiger at its prey. Miroku countered on this and grabbed her arms as she landed above him. Holding onto her, he kicked off of one leg, wrapped his other around her body and with one hand behind their head, rolled backwards.

Smiling in all of his glory, Miroku glared down at the pinned girl. "one for the lecher, zero for the exterminator. Honestly Sango…." he leaned down and kissed her firmly on her lips, stopping whatever smart comeback and hard slap she could throw at him. he felt her loosen under his lips and smiled. `Victory sure tastes sweet.'

Sango felt herself melting into his grasp and hated herself for it. she hated herself for everything she did around him. `Who is this girl in my body? Since when have I ever just given into desire?' as her eyes met his, she sighed, `since that damned night with that fuckin pizza!'

FLASHBACK

Sango sat quietly in her bedroom, her door sealed and a towel under it. Even though it was her house, she hardly ever yelled at Kohauk to shut off the god-forsaken music that he loved so to blast. Today was no better. He had been blasting Marilyn Manson since he got home…which could only mean he was in a really bad mood. She shook her head. The boy had dropped out of school after their parent's death…and after he continently set fire to the boy's bathroom…it was a mutual drop out between him and the school. They told him to and he obliged. He had been working at a mechanic place down the road, which he seemed to enjoy. Now Sango wanted to pull her hair out at the roots for not putting her foot down earlier. Sango rolled her eyes and grabbed the towel out from under the door and knocked it open. Walking past her younger brothers bedroom, she slammed her hand once on the door. "Going out!" if he heard her, he didn't respond. She rolled her eyes and grabbed her keys and was out the door in a second. She jumped into her BMW and pulled out of the driveway.

She didn't know what made her drive in his direction. She didn't really remember turning onto Taki drive. Somehow though she ended up in front of the set of the finest town homes in Tokyo. Miroku's word to her at her game from earlier that day seemed to follow her as she parked her car across from the apartments. It was getting late and for a school night, Sango didn't like being away from Kohaku to long. She stared at Miroku's apartment, wondering if he was really there, waiting with pizza and a movie, like he had suggested. She sighed and stared up the boy's apartment, her eyes taking in the scene. She could make out his Ferrari under the blue cover in the driveway of the one unit. `Pizza can't hurt…and its not like I'm a stranger with him. We've been talking more and more on the phone together over these past few days, and we've gone out on one date.' Her face darkened in memories of the date. She ran a hand down her face and sighed. `What am I thinking? It's Miroku! Miroku the school Hentia! Why would I ever dream of being alone with him in his house?' somewhere in the back of her a mind, a small voice called out, `because you want him and are just to proud to admit it.' she grimaced and shook her head. `I'm better off without him…this is only going to lead to trouble.' She turned the key in her ignition and looked out her right window and screamed. Standing on the outside of the car was Miroku, with his hand pressed up against the window. He looked rather surprised and Sango could see the happiness in his eyes and a part of her yearned to see that small smile always plastered on his face. He tapped on the window and Sango sighed. `Well, guess I'm stuck now.' she turned off the car and flicked him away with her wrist. Opening the door, she slowly climbed out. "Hey."

He gave her a small smile and returned the bland, "hi…" he shifted his weight for a moment then hooked his thumb towards his apartment. "I ordered domino's about five minutes ago…. i didn't know what you liked so I ordered half plain half pepperoni. I figure normally at least one of those would work well. I have IO© so we can just find a movie on demand."

Sango walked next to Miroku back into his apartment in silence. She coughed once and paused at his door. "How did you know I was going to come?"

Miroku paused as well and stared deep into her eyes, "I knew you would…. don't ask me how, I just knew."

Sango smiled and took his hand and entered his house. The place was pretty elaborate for a teenager. Clean hardwood floors, a beautiful collection of feudal era artifacts including a complete suit of Samurai armor, swords, robes of the priests from their time with scepters of kings and tyrants. She gazed around the house's foyer and living room in amazement. "Wow…. this is such a collection…"

Miroku smiled next to her. "My father started it…I just have expanded it into swords and samurais. I find it so funny that InuYasha randomly decided to call me monk with all of this stuff around my house. Actually, my lineage in ancient Japan were monks."

Sango smiled in agreement and walked into the living room. She felt the smile fade from her face when she saw it. He had a beautiful leather couch in the center, which was L shaped, and a modern coffee table that reminded her of the shape of a bean. The rest of the room was completely modernized…. he had a giant plasma flat screen television on the wall, complete with a bass sound system, a small powerful speaker in each corner of the room. He had black lights and random strobes and colored bulbs illuminating the room and had painted the walls with a black-light responsive texture that illuminated patterns over the walls. `I feel like I'm a god damned club!' she sighed and sat down on the couch, gently tapping her knees. Miroku sat down next to her and gave her a warm smile. "Relax, Sango…I'm not going to attack you or something. Just relax…we're two people just having fun together." Sango gave him a small smile and nodded.

They had watched Euro-trip and were halfway through Underworld when the pizza arrived. Miroku wasn't very pleased with the delivery service, since they had waited over two hours, but he got over it when Sango reached out and laid a hand on his shoulder to calm him. They ate while watching television. Events took the landslide though when Sango dropped pizza on her shirt. "Shit!" she put the piece back on the plate and stared at her white tee shirt. "This is going to stain!"

Miroku laughed and stood. "Don't wipe it, the sauce will stain more. Give me a second…" he walked from the room and returned a few moments later toting a small cup of club soda and a cloth. Soaking the cloth in it, he reached out and gently dabbed the bottom of her shirt with the cloth, removing any traces of the sauce. "It's a trick I learned from my mom…club soda is great for anything."

Sango laughed nervously as the boy touched the bottom of her shirt. She could feel the blush sizzling on her cheeks, matching the color of her magenta eye shadow. "Uhh…Miroku?"

Miroku wiped away the rest of the stain and gave her a small smile, "yeah?"

Sango looked to the floor, not wanting him to see how red she was. "Thanks…"

Miroku smiled and patted her knee. He regarded the stain for a moment then shrugged, "do you want to borrow a tee shirt of mine so we can just throw that in the wash to guarantee it won't stain?"

Sango seemed hesitant to comply but followed him regardless to his room. She expected his room to be lined in nudie pictures of girls in all sorts of positions. She expected to find porn takes laying about the floor. What she didn't expect is what she got. His room was in shades of grays, blacks and dark purples, all coordinated in great contrast. She didn't expect to find a spotless room with a oak wood desk with a computer on it…and she sure didn't expect him to have a clean closet. She was proven wrong in all aspects.

Miroku reached into his closet and pulled out a plain black tee shirt and handed it to her carefully. "Here, wear this and I'll wash up the other one." He stood there for a moment, giving her a small smile as his eyes roamed over her body.

Sango tapped her foot then rolled her eyes. "Out!"

Miroku sighed and walked to the door. "You sure you don't need help getting…"

Sango's right eyebrow twitched and Miroku ran from the room. She grinned as she pulled off her shirt and folded it on the bed. She threw on the other one, pulling her hair into a tight ponytail at the base of her neck. She picked up the other shirt and walked from the room. Miroku was leaning on the wall across from her with a tiny smile plastered on his face. She handed him the garment and rolled her eyes at his blatant stare.

He coughed and gave her a bigger smile. "The shirt fits you well."

Sango gave him a similar smile as she thought, `and it smells like him…I could wear this all the time.' she walked back out and waiting for him in the living room while he threw her clothes in the wash. She stared for a moment out the window at the amazing sighs of Tokyo out his window; he had such a great panoramic view of the city. Two arms wrapped around her waist and for a moment, she laid her head back on his shoulder, forgetting where they were and who they were. "Its beautiful…"

Miroku smiled into her hair and gently kissed the top of her head. "Your beautiful…"

Sango turned abruptly and stared at the boy. She could not meet his gorgeous purple eyes. Instead she stared intently on his nose. She wanted to be angry; she wanted him to stop pretending, even though deep in her heart she knew he wasn't. Why, why would he choose her? He could get any girl in the school if he cut his lecherous ways. Why would he choose her? "You can cut your shit, I'm not easy and I'm not just going to jump into your bed so you don't need to feed me these bogus lines. I know you don't mean it."

Miroku frowned and brought his hand to her chin and tilted her head to look in her eyes. "is that truly how you feel Sango? That I just see you as a challenge?"

Sango winched at how hurt he really looked and honestly it ate away at a part of her. "Well…." She sighed and hung her head. "No…I suppose not. It's just…I don't understand, why me Miroku?"

Miroku grinned as he stroked her chin with his other hand. "If you don't see why, then I'm surprised. Your beautiful Sango…I've always liked you. Come on, you have had to of known that. You're perfect in my eyes, you protect your friends, your determined, your beautiful, your smart, your beautiful, you can put anyone in their place who deserves it…have I mentioned your beautiful?"

Sango laughed and stared down at the floor. The smile soon slid from her lips as she thought for a long moment, "what about the other girls? Why didn't you ever tell me instead of hitting on anything with legs, an ass and boobs?"

Miroku sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Well, last time I tired, you really kind of pushed me away. Remember back in seventh grade…" his voice fell away and he stared down at the floor.

Sango blushed and looked up at him, "I always wanted to say I'm sorry about that. I never really meant to…I mean." She sighed and slumped her shoulders, "I was a bitch for pushing you away, and I'm sorry…"

Miroku leaned in to her and placed a finger against her lips. He gave her a small smile then removed his finger. "Don't…it was a long time ago. Besides, your worth the wait." Leaning in, he sealed his lips lightly against hers, testing his waters. That started it all…

End Flashback

Miroku smiled at Sango from his position above her and kissed her gently, his lips tracing hers. "You know…everyone else is busy with their respective partner…we could…"

Sango grinned as he kissed her and she kissed him back. Yet as soon as he pulled away, Sango bucked upright, sending Miroku hurtling three feet back onto the couch. "or we couldn't…." she dusted her pants off and turned on her heels and walked upstairs. "Get a life Miroku."

Miroku sat on the couch staring at the wall. With a sigh, he gave a grinned, "well, at least she didn't hit me again…that's an improvement."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~~*~*

Rin closed the door behind Sesshoumaru and locked it tightly. She heard him cough behind her and she turned, both of her hands behind her back. He was staring at her with a slightly amused look grazing his face. "this way no one can walk in…you'd be to have though I would have done that originally." She laughed and swaggered up the boy who was lying on the bed. She jumped over him and plopped down next to him. She traced his stripes with two fingers gently and gave him a big smile. "So…" she frowned as she stared into his eyes. "Sesshoumaru, can I ask you something?"

Sesshoumaru had his eyes closed currently and called out gently, "of course Rin."

Rin sat up and covered one of his eyes with her finger, tracing the red that lined the top of it. "Why did you cry blood?"

Sesshoumaru opened the other eye that she was not covering and he seemed slightly befuddled. "Cry blood? This…" he stopped and cleared his throat, "I do not cry."

Rin tapped her fingers on his chest and raised an eyebrow, "I know what I saw and you were crying blood."

Sesshoumaru frowned and closed his eye again. "I know not what you speak of."

Rin let out a growl of frustration. "Sesshoumaru Tashio…answer the question!"

Sesshoumaru met her growl and deepened his. "If I were to cry, which would never happen," he said as he turned to stare at her, "stress would explain the scenario that you are discussing. But like I already stated, I do not cry."

Rin sighed and laid down with her head on his shoulder, "stress can do that to you? Wow…so what does intense anger do?"

Sesshoumaru closed his eyes once again and spoke lowly, "something I hope you never see…and I did not cry." he paused for a long period of time, praying that she would stop with the questions. He was tired, and he knew that she wouldn't leave him alone about it.

Rin nodded in agreement. She had seen Sesshoumaru angry…he terrified her the time when he nearly beheaded her father, and he had been quite terrifying the night before…. but to revert to his demon form? `I really hope I never see that! I don't know what I would do.' She sulked for a moment, then sighed. `Guess we got to make the best with the time that we have.' With a malicious grin, Rin suddenly jumping up and straddled his hips. "That's fine, dear…so in the meantime…where were we?" Sesshoumaru failed to respond and Rin nipped at his earlobe to try to incite him. "Come on, Sesshy…its just us now." again he did not respond and Rin, growing rather irritated, thrust her hips against his. "Sesshoumaru!" his chest rose and fell yet he was dead to the world. A slight snore escaped his lips and Rin nearly screamed. Falling forwards, she forced her head into the nook of his shoulder and neck. "Why me?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~

off> little bit of fluff and incite. I did not forget about Miroku and Sango…they just are the lesser of the three evils to write about…