InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Hurts...in a good sorta way. ❯ Just a big puppy. ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
"GET....OFF!" Kagome grunted again as she strained against the grasp of the Taiyoukai who pinned her roughly to the bed.

Her less-then-gentle orders, of course, were falling on deaf pointed ears as they refused to listen to any kind of reason. With a loud sigh and gentle lulling of her head Kagome allowed her thoughts to drift back to the events of earlier that day; as if they would somehow now explain the unusual behavior of the Taiyoukai grumbling above her.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~

A haunting memory of a kiss caused Kagome's lips to tingle as she briefly relived the heated moment before moving on to less ...encouraging thoughts.

Despite the fact the kiss had been quite passionate their hastened homecoming had been...anything BUT.

They had traveled quickly in the direction of the great demon lord's home; not a word shared between them as the harsh violent winds whipped around their bodies, hinting towards the Taiyoukai's desperation to reach the dwelling he often referred to as home.

Silently Kagome wondered what possible reason Sesshoumaru would give her for their immediate change in plans, but she, ironically, could not force the words past her lips.

After all, after sharing every thought she had for almost three weeks straight, whether she wanted to or not, why was she suddenly so eager to share the one that had surprisingly stayed within?

Their home-coming had been anything less then celebratory, Kagome noted with humor as she once again wondered why that seemed shocking. What did she expect? Balloons? Streamers? Possibly a small cake?

It had been Rin who first acknowledge their arrival as she lazily strolled through the dwelling casually, making Kagome wonder just how often the young girl had called this particular structure home.

"Welcome back Sesshoumaru-sama!" The young girl chirped brightly; munching on a large piece of fruit absentmindedly as she casually let her eyes fall on the pair.

"How was your trip?" Rin squawked innocently as she slowly let her eyes fall on Kagome who was obviously flushed from what she could only assumed was a blistering fast jaunt on the back of the great beast she had come to know as Ah-Un.

"He's fast isn't he?" Rin questioned while staring at Kagome innocently, while silently noting the sudden widening of the elder woman's eyes, as strange.

"Uh...we didn't...you...huh?" Kagome stuttered inarticulately as she attempted to discern the meaning behind the girl's words.
Why would Rin ask her such a thing?

And how the hell would such a small child even KNOW whether Sesshoumaru was fast or not?

Surely he hadn't....

Kagome grimaced as she took a full step away from Sesshoumaru and eyed him distrustingly.

Just what kind of demon was he?!

"Rin was scared at first." The young girl offered consolingly, trying to somehow offer the elder woman some ease, even without knowing exactly was causing her apprehension.

"But you just have to hang on tight and try not to scream." She offered again; this time noting the miko's eyebrow was twitching violently into her hairline.

Sesshoumaru snorted as he witnessed all the color drain from the young miko's features through the corner of his eyes. OBVIOUSLY, her mind had taken her somewhere completely unexpected, and sadly, without benefit of the persistent yellow flower, he hadn't a clue what she was thinking.

'Well.' Sesshoumaru noted as his eyes darted from his young ward to the woman beside him as if figuring out a puzzle. 'At least not a complete understanding.'

After all, there were a few explanations that could possibly explain her behavior, but he waved them off internally as absurd.

She couldn't possibly think...

Sesshoumaru's golden eyes once again settled on his young ward as he attempted to put certain unspoken questions to rest ...JUST IN CASE.

"Rin." Sesshoumaru stated in a matter-of-fact tone. "Ah-Un requires stabling." He offered auspiciously.

"Hai Sesshoumaru-sama!" The young girl practically saluted as she moved to comply with her master's implied orders.

"Traveling so fast always makes Ah-Un hungry." She beamed at Kagome before finally running from the building with a piece of half-eaten fruit still in her hand.

Kagome let out an elongated sigh as she watched the girl leave. Maybe it was a tad insane to assume that Sesshoumaru would ...would do THAT to a small girl, but she never really understood their relationship in the first place, and believing he was a closeted pervert was so much easier to accept then the tender caregiver, he apparently was.

Speaking of closet perverts...

As if on queue a shrill and weary cry muffled its way from a door at the end of the hall; gaining Kagome's attention and pulling her from her silent musings.

"What's that?" Kagome questioned softly, as she leaned a little closer to the Taiyoukai, completely unaware of his calculating gaze upon her.

"That." The Taiyoukai offered bitterly, communicating his distaste with what he was about to do.

"Is Jaken." He finished before slowly lumbering to the end of the hall and, as if it were the easiest thing in the world, pulled the door completely off its hinges and freed the foul smelling toad youkai while fixing him with a cold stare.

"Sesshoumaru-sama!" The toad youkai erped as he seemed to eye the door in a way that suggested he wasn't sure if he was happy to be freed or not.

Kagome peeked down the hallway as she raised a quizzical eyebrow at the display before her, forgetting momentarily that Jaken had been ~bad~ and was being ~punished~ to vaguely wonder why he slept in a closet.

"Bathe." The great Taiyoukai ordered as his nostrils quivered, obviously finding the stench of a toad youkai, trapped within a small closet for the better part of a month, extremely displeasing.

"Yes! Of course my LORD! You are most magnanimous!" Jaken groveled as he bowed lowly while simultaneously attempting to scurry down the hallway.

Kagome blinked several times in succession as the toads repentant behavior reminded her of the ~discussion~ she had earlier with Rin.

That's right, he was being punished.

For what again?

Waking up Sesshoumaru?

Damn.

"Remind me never to wake up Sesshoumaru." Kagome whispered softly as the spell of the flowers randomly allowed the thought to tumble off her lips.

Jaken paused in his back peddling and groveling to look over his shoulder at the young woman eyeing him curiously from the end of the hall. Another human wench? Was this his punishment? How could Lord Sesshoumaru be so cruel?

"M-my Lord." The toad youkai quaked as his ire slowly over-shadowed his fear.

"Another human wench?! Please m'lord...have mercy on this humble Jaken. The human whelp is bad enough, but now, a bitch of breeding age?" He wilted over-dramatically as he attempted to communicate his distress regarding another female taking up residence within the dwelling.

Didn't Lord Sesshoumaru know he was the only woman he would ever need?

'Or servant...servant!' The toad youkai corrected internally as he cleared his mind and attempted to grovel at his Lord's feet again.

"Jaken!" Sesshoumaru snarled as an angry eyebrow began to disappear into his hair line, obviously uncomfortable with the foul smelling youkai; the simple action of kissing his boots now completely unsettling considering...considering the incident that he still wish to block from his mind.

"BATHE." He ordered more insistently as he fixed the now frozen toad demon with a narrowed gaze full of death.

"Hai my lord." Jaken squawked as he began to skitter down the adjoining hall, pausing momentarily, obviously oblivious to the peril he was in, as he turned to question his lord once more.

"Where will the wench be sleeping?" The toad questioned warily. After all, there was only Rin's room and then of course his master's.

Jaken, of course, did not have a room of his own and often stood guard outside the master's chambers; something he did not mind in the slightest since it made him feel closer to the great Taiyoukai.

It was almost like they shared the same chamber, he noted wistfully before shaking his bulbous head once again to clear his mind and listen for his master's answer.

Sesshoumaru's anger subsided momentarily as he mulled over his attaches words. Where was the female to sleep? For some reason the question never came up in his insistency to return home.

Sesshoumaru's gaze once again focused on Kagome as he attempted to find some sort of resolution to the problem. Having her sleep on the stone floor really wasn't an option considering her fragile human nature.
Moreover, having her sleep with his ward, all though seemingly logical, seemed almost cruel; as he noted the young girl was all ready close with the young miko and any further contact would undoubtedly make their separation that much more painful. Having his young ward simper and moan for the company of woman he had ...only hours before, nearly ravished... would ultimately lead to further meetings down the road that would only serve to fuel the problem.

Rin was motherless, after all, and while he felt she most definitely deserved a maternal figure in her life, this ~Kagome~ COULD NOT be that person.

Not if he wanted to keep his distance.

So what then?

Sesshoumaru sighed as a clear and logical answer presented itself.

"She will be sleeping in my chambers." Sesshoumaru stated blandly, not surprised at all when both Kagome's and Jaken's eyes grew wide.

"Ha ha ha ha." Kagome laughed nervously. "That's really not necessary.." She raised her hand in a placating gesture as the toad demon talked over her in a similar act of refusal.

"What?" The toad squawked out. "Taking a human wench...to ou-your bed master? Surely you don't mean..."

"Silence." Sesshoumaru commanded; raising his hand in a halting gesture as he effectively cut them both off.

"This Sesshoumaru does not require sleep as humans do. The decision has been made." He ordered blandly, obviously suggesting that he would not be joining her in his chambers as the toad youkai's shoulders slumped in strange display of relief but the miko at the end of the corridor continued to protest.

"I can't....just kick you out of your room." Kagome faltered. "Really...I'll just sleep with Rin or..."

Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes at the woman as she attempted to defy him. He wasn't sure what was serving to provoke him. Perhaps their earlier activity in the clearing? Perhaps the fact that her fast approaching heat was bringing his more dominating instincts to the surface? Whatever the underlying issue was, he was not going to allow her any leniency regarding this order.

If the great dog demon lord of the west orders you to sleep in his bed...THEN YOU DO IT!

Dammit.

A few surprised gasps and a bout of muffled cursing later and Kagome was on her back in the Taiyoukai's bed, her arms pinned above her head as he held her there ordering her to sleep.

Kagome scoffed as she recalled the moment the initial shock had worn off and she attempted to reason with him. What could she say to get through to him?

~"It's barely midday!"~

~"Sleep"~

~"I'm not tired!"~

~"Sleep!"~

~"You're ...crushing...my...lungs."~

~"Sleep!"~

Kagome huffed quietly and hopelessly as she continued to stare up at the Taiyoukai with distain. Had he lost his mind? What kind of fucked up power trip was this? Sleep now or die? Really he wasn't making any sense.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Kagome groaned as her lungs ached from the added pressure of the Taiyoukai above her.

"I'll sleep I swear." Kagome whimpered as she attempted to plead her way out of the situation.

"You should be sleeping now." The Taiyoukai pointed out blandly as he straddled the young miko's waist and continued to imply she was somehow disobeying him.

"It doesn't work that way." Kagome huffed half heartedly, knowing perfectly well that logic was not going to work in this situation.

"Sleep." He commanded again, growling with aggravation as the girl beneath him let a slight chuckle rumble through her small frame.

"I can't help it." Kagome explained with a whining wince as the Taiyoukai pinned her to the bed more forcefully, effectively ending her laughter. "This is ridiculous."

"Why do you refuse to submit?" Sesshoumaru asked while narrowing his eyes, attempting to bar his body against the effects her gentle scent often had on him.

"How the hell could I submit anymore?" Kagome questioned with a look of humorous irreverence.

Here Kagome was, trapped under a large dog demon, pinned to HIS bed as he straddled her waist and held her arms over her head, and he was telling HER to submit?

What was she supposed to do?

Spread her legs?

Cause that...was...most definitely....................................probably..................... .maybe ......................not going to happen.

Kagome furrowed at her own thoughts, thankful as they seemed to stay inside, as the Taiyoukai above her once again gained her attention.

"Sleep!" Sesshoumaru ordered again, the utter serious expression on his face causing Kagome's eyes to roll back in her head at the absurdity of the statement.

"I am!" Kagome barked in annoyance. Her lip twitched lightly as she attempted to stop herself from breaking into a fit of laughter. She had tried everything else, why not a bold face lie? After all, if he refused to make any kind of sense, why did she have to?

Sesshoumaru opened his mouth to say something and then quickly closed it. Had she finally lost her mind? Perhaps he should have heeded her when she complained about his legs crushing her lungs. Perhaps her brain wasn't getting enough oxygen? Is this what it looked like when humans lost their senses? It would explain the strange facial twitch.

"You lie." Sesshoumaru finally answered with a scathing predatory look.

Kagome sighed.

"Of course I do! I don't understand what the hell is going on and I'm completely out of ideas!" She exclaimed in utter frustration.

"Sleep." The Taiyoukai ordered again, blinking slightly as the woman beneath him mouthed the words as if she fully expected them.

Kagome groaned as she once again let the wheels of her mind gently spin in an attempt to ignore the fuming Taiyoukai above her. What was she supposed to do here? He was holding her down and insisting she sleep (something she was sure she would eventually be able to do, but hell, not for at least a few more hours) and try as she might, she just couldn't force herself to slumber.

"Submit and sleep." Kagome mumbled as her thoughts occasionally erupted free of her lips in a casual yet disturbing way. Well...if she couldn't sleep... how else could she submit?

And NO the leg thing was NOT happening.

"Sesshoumaru..." Kagome questioned warily, deciding he would probably be the authority on the subject. "If....If someone wanted to submit....." She offered hesitantly, obviously asking about their situation but finding it easier to phrase it as if she were talking about someone else. "How would they?"

Sesshoumaru eyed the girl speculatively as he silently wondered what game she was playing. Was this perhaps just another distraction to avoid complying with his orders? If so, it wouldn't work. Still, he noted, there was no harm in answering such a question, providing he understood it correctly.

Kagome heart flipped ever so slightly as the Taiyoukai above her seemed to be preparing to give her an answer.

Kami help her, if he said ~SLEEP~ ONCE more she was going to let loose the loudest blood curdling scream she could muster.

"An Inu-Bitch." Sesshoumaru explained with some hesitancy as he continued to look for the trap in her words.

"Would offer submission by licking the throat of the one she wished to submit to." He finished in a monotone voice that suggested he was not at all disturbed or affected by relaying such things.

Kagome blinked at him several times as she allowed this information to set in.

If ANYONE else had suggested such a thing she would have laughed at them, or possibly called them a hentai for wanting their neck licked, but for some reason, hearing Sesshoumaru say it, she knew there was truth behind his words.

And awkwardly enough, a way out of her current predicament.

Kagome stifled a giggle as she noted that Sesshoumaru was probably more of an overgrown puppy then Inu Yasha WOULD EVER BE; thanking Kami ~desperately~ as THAT particular thought decided to remain inside.

"Sleep!" The Taiyoukai growled again as the girl beneath him once again seemed to be laughing at him.

Kagome closed her eyes and took in a deep breath as she bit her lip in an attempt to quell the scream that so desperately wanted out.

'Not a big deal.'

'Just freaking lick the guy's neck and hopefully all this will be over.'

'Or,' Kagome noted with dark humor, 'He'll tear you apart...........either way...problem solved.'

Kagome squeezed her eyes shut tightly as the muscles in her neck strained, warming themselves up in preparation before she took in one stuttered breath.

Suddenly, looking very much like a child about to stick his tongue against a frozen flagpole on a dare, Kagome's head rose off the bed, straining again as she quickly applied the textured appendage to the under side of his jaw, in what she hoped, was an undeniable sign of her subjugation.

Kagome squeaked audibly, as all at once her lungs filled with air (notably with some soreness considering they had been restricted for the better part of an hour), her eyes flying open to stare at the obviously discombobulated Taiyoukai across the room as she meekly attempted to pull her tongue back inside her mouth with some semblance of dignity.

"You TOLD me too." Kagome offered dimly as she attempted to offer some explanation to the strange look upon the Taiyoukai's face that to her looked like he was asking.'Why did you just do that?'

"You told me to submit." She offered again as Sesshoumaru stood across the room, still seemingly in shock.

"I TOLD you I couldn't sleep." She offered again as he remained silent and refused to say ANYTHING that would give her some insight into what he was thinking.

Kagome huffed loudly as she grew agitated with his silence.

"Get the hell outta my room." She groaned out in bitter humor as she pulled the blanket over her head; gasping softly as quiet footsteps and a slowly closing door seemed to indicate that the Taiyoukai had done exactly that.

Kagome grimaced as the salty taste of the Taiyoukai's skin continued to linger within her mouth. Sure they had kissed, but....this was so much more embarrassing.

Her cheeks flushed as one singular thought rolled through her mind causing her to bury it further into the blankets as she attempted to smother the mantra.

She had submitted to Sesshoumaru. Not that she had much choice, but from the look on the Taiyoukai's face, maybe she should have asked him what EXACTLY submitting meant.

Kagome shivered slightly despite the warm bedding that surrounded her. Maybe it was no big deal? After all, she'd often seen Jaken kiss his master's boots. She just couldn't reach his boots, that's all.

No big deal really.