InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Hurts...in a good sorta way. ❯ Puppy Talk. ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kagome awoke the next morning to sound of frantically tussled cloth mixed with the sound of wood sliding over wood.

"Wha...?" Kagome wondered out loud as she winced from both hunger and an almost desperate need to go to the bathroom.

She had spent almost the entire day hidden away within Sesshoumaru's chamber, too afraid to leave, despite her body's protest, and now, she was paying for it.

"Wha..?" Kagome questioned again as she pulled her head out from under the covers and eyeball a pile of wiggling silk in the middle of the room that seemed to be made of several large kimonos.

Kagome flinched in surprise as suddenly the strange kimono demon stopped wiggling and a very familiar and unwelcome toad demon's head appeared with a large *POP*.

"Lazy human wench!" Jaken squawked from his place within the kimono pile.

Kagome's eyebrow twitched as she eyeballed the demon curiously. What was he doing in her...in Sesshoumaru's room, and what in the name of Kami was he doing buried in what she could only assume was a stack of the demon lord's kimonos.

"What are you doing here?" Kagome asked softly as the soft tone of her voice communicated her confusion.

"I am making sure you do not touch Lord Sesshoumaru's things HUMAN!" The toad demon exclaimed with contempt. "Lord Sesshoumaru does not like his property touched."

"Then why are you...." Kagome began; realizing she was far too tired to form her question with any kind of wit.

An impudent squawk caused Kagome to cover her ears momentarily as the toad continued.

"The lord does not like his things touched by humans.....HUMAN."

Kagome frowned slightly as she stared at the toad in disbelief. Apparently 'human' had become a curse word sometime while she was asleep. At least, the toad demon certainly made it seem that way.

Kagome eyed the toad speculatively as she once again lay back against the bedding. Was he?..No...but he did seem....was it possible?

As if testing a theory Kagome extended her arms above her head, stretching them softly as she ran them over the fabric of the smooth bedding and let loose a barrage of over exaggerated contented moans; stopping immediately as the toad beside the bed grew furious.

"Filthy human!" Jaken fumed. "Get out of the lord's bed before you stink it up!"

Kagome blinked several times in succession as she stared at the toad demon. He was jealous?

Sesshoumaru ......and the toad were a ....couple?

Perhaps the whole closet fiasco was a lovers' quarrel? She shook her head silently in disbelief. She really didn't know anything about the dog demon, did she?

Kagome sighed softly as she opted to heed the toad demon's advice and quell some of the more immediate needs of her body.

"Just point me in the direction of the bath house and I'll get out of your hai--!" Kagome crooned as she put on her best I'm-a-guest-here-so-I-don't-want-to-seem-ungrateful face, and pulled herself free of the tangled sheets. She paused momentarily as she realized she had drawn attention to the toad demon's obvious lack of hair, but thanked kami when he didn't seem offended in the slightest.

A swift pudgy digit was thrust into the air as the toad demon continued to rummage through the demon lord's things, turning his back on the girl again as he seemed to focus on the task at hand.

"Thanks." Kagome beamed as she attempted to offer gratitude, despite the fact that her words would ultimately land on deaf ears.

She eyed the toad demon quizzically as he seemed to inhale deeply and then shiver within the confines of the small pile. What the hell was he doing?

A loud feminine shriek slowly echoed throughout the small room as Kagome froze in the doorway, clutching at its handle as if she was afraid the earth would suddenly turn too quickly and she would go flying off into space.

Kagome supposed, given the fact that she was actually a guest in his home she shouldn't have been that surprised, but for crying-out-loud was it too much to ask that he bump into her in the hall like a normal person?

Silently she eyed the demon lord before her as her eyes darted between him and the toad youkai currently still buried in a large pile of kimonos, which for some reason seemed to freeze in place.

"Good morning." The Taiyoukai drawled out evenly, his eyes attempting to lock with hers, despite the fact that they seemed intent on fluttering in every direction at once.

"Ha ha ha ha" Kagome laughed nervously as she attempted to lighten the mood. Did he need something? Or did he typically stand in the doorway?

"Morning." Kagome squeaked as she lowered her head and cleared her throat while making a move to exit the room, only to have the demon lord hold his position.

Kagome furrowed her brow in confusion as she stared up at the Taiyoukai who, in turn, continued to stare back at her with a completely unreadable expression. What the hell did he want? Maybe he wanted some alone time with Jaken? She stood to the side slightly as she attempted to give the great youkai space to enter.

'Well there he is.' Kagome inner voice pointed out.

'Go get him stud.' She quipped as she surreptitiously sucked in a lungful of air and attempted to squeeze by the Taiyoukai, only to have her path cut off by a large clawed hand.

Kagome eyed the hand pensively as she clutched her hands over her heart and unconsciously began to wring them out.

"Damn it. What do you want? I have to pee!" Kagome whined like a six year old as she transferred her weight from one foot to the other, communicating her pressing need. She groaned softly as she watched the demon lord turn from her, apparently setting his sights on Jaken as he continued to hold her in the hallway.

'Ew.' Kagome offered dimly as her voice only made it as far as her inner mind. How awful. How could someone like Sesshoumaru...with his pretty hair, and swoon worthy eyes possibly be lovers with that...that toad.

It was a waste really,

A travesty of nature,

A freaking crying shame.

Kagome went to move again as a painful pinch within her body reminded her expediency was to be rewarded, but flinched as she once again gained the Taiyoukai's attention.

'WHAT?' Her mind screamed as Sesshoumaru remained silent and she awkwardly attempted to squeeze through, only to have the Taiyoukai shift his body closer, insinuating it was NOT okay for her to leave.

Kagome flinched as his face turned again, this time closer to her own. Was he? Was he exposing his neck to her?

Kagome blinked as she turned to follow the Taiyoukai's eyes only to find them focusing on the barren back wall of the room. Vaguely she wondered what was so interesting about the distressed surface, before realizing that perhaps his actions had absolutely nothing to do with interior design but more to do with her 'performance' yesterday.

Kagome sighed as her shoulders slumped, resigning herself to her fate.

What were her options?

Lick his neck and get the hell outta here?

Or pee her pants in the doorway?

Hmmmm decisions, decisions.

Kagome sighed again as she casually and quickly ran her tongue over the Taiyoukai's neck, finding it much easier to do since he was not looking at her.

Almost instantly the Taiyoukai stepped aside, causing her to blink at him in bewilderment as his actions seemed to remind her of a certain uncle who showed up at every family reunion and always insisted you ~pay the toll~ before walking by.

Kagome snorted in a very unladylike manner as she quickly came to her senses and bolted in the direction of the bathhouse.

Uncle Sesshoumaru indeed.

And possibly Aunty Jaken?

Damn, those would have to be the ugliest kids anyone had ever seen.

Even ~IF~ they were fortunate enough to get Sesshoumaru's eyes.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Kagome hummed lightly as the warm water of the large onset slowly worked the tension from her limbs. Somehow, sleeping in Sesshoumaru's bed had been anything but restful; not that she ever allowed herself to drift that deeply.

Kagome erped lightly as the gentle creak of a door opening caused her to cover her breasts reflexively as she recalled the time she had caught Sesshoumaru peeping on her while she bathed. If he thought she would just act casual as he eyeballed her wet, glistening flesh, then......then...he was wrong.

Kagome huffed as internal thoughts once again attempted to betray her.

"Good morning Kagome-sama!" A young girl chirped as she twisted around the large door; causing every muscle in the miko's body to relax once again.

"Did you sleep well?" Rin questioned enthusiastically; obviously completely oblivious to the young woman's previous somber mood.

"Yes." Kagome lied as she attempted to remain the ever gracious guest.

Soundlessly Kagome gazed upon the petite girl who scampered around the small room as if she had done it a million times before. Apparently, 'home' was a very eloquent description, despite the dilapidated condition of the walls.

"So Rin..." Kagome questioned as the young girl made a move to join her in her bathing ritual and offered her a small smile.

Only moments before Kagome came to realize that perhaps Sesshoumaru's young ward held the answer to the questions that were now picking steadily at her brain. Which should she ask first? Neck licking or....

"So how long have Jaken and Sesshoumaru been together?" Kagome questioned casually as she attempted to engage in light conversation; her words insinuating she was more then informed of the situation, rather then completely in the dark.

"Long time." Rin answered honestly as she settled herself on the opposite side of the indoor bath and seemed to mimic Kagome's relaxed posturing.

"Oh." Kagome's inner mind commented aloud as she attempted to force feed this information to her reluctant brain.

So they WERE a couple.

So they were a couple?

So THEY were a COUPLE?

No matter how she phrased it, the words never seemed quite right.

"So ....do they fight a lot?" Kagome found herself questioning. A pang within her heart caused her to flinch slightly as her words registered to her own ears. Jealousy? No....what did she care if Sesshoumaru preferred toad demons to human women.

"All the time." Rin answered honestly, emphasizing the word ALL with her eyes.

'All though.' Kagome's optimistic mind pointed out. 'He kissed you....and meanwhile Jaken was locked away in a closet.' A soft smile twisted the corner of her lip as she analyzed her own thoughts; quickly deteriorating into a look of mortification as she silently wondered just WHERE Sesshoumaru's lips had been.

Kagome cleared her throat before attempting her next question, thinking it over at least three times before deciding it was tame enough to ask a small child.

"So Jaken and Sesshoumaru share the large chamber?" Kagome asked again, desperately wanting some sort of proof to the contrary.

"No way!" Rin squawked in tone of childish amusement.

"Jaken-sama sleeps outside...and Lord Sesshoumaru says.." She lowered her voice as she attempted to mock her master's deep indifferent words. ~"You stay out of my room Jaken!~ "

"And then Jaken-sama says.." She pinched the bridge of her nose as she attempted to mimic the squawking caterwauls of the toad demon. "~But master I...~"

"And then Master Sesshoumaru says, ~Do not make me repeat myself! Now leave my sight before you wake up Rin!~"

"And then Jaken-sama gets sad." Rin finished with a playful pout as if she was demonstrating just how SAD he truly was.

Kagome blinked several times as she allowed the little back and forth to play out in her head. As odd as the situation seemed one thought continued to present itself in enthusiastic and disturbing intervals.

Sesshoumaru was NOT sleeping with Jaken.

Why was she suddenly so relieved?

Truthfully the only one who should have been relieved was Sesshoumaru himself, but fortunately, he was absent at the moment.

"Rin..." Kagome questioned hesitantly as she put the previous little melodrama to rest and decided to tread on more dangerous ground. "Have you ever...Has Sesshoumaru ever...Did he ever ask that you touch his neck...you know....as a sign of...obedience?"

Kagome's heart froze in her chest as the girl before her seemed to arch an immature eyebrow into her hair line.

"No." Rin answered honestly; giving Kagome a look that suggested her sanity was in question.

"Ha ha ha ha." Kagome laughed nervously as she waved her hand in a dismissive manner.

"I was just wondering, "She offered as she attempted to explain. "Because Sesshoumaru said it was something that Inu did and erm...nevermind."

"They do?" The young girl questioned with bright eyes, obviously missing Kagome's uncomfortable body language. Her Lord so RARELY gave her insights into Inu culture, and this was a bit of exciting and new information. Perhaps the next time her master gave her an order she would touch his neck and find out if it was true or not for herself?

"Uh...I guess." Kagome offered dimly. "I don't really understand it myself..that is...erm..I guess I should have asked for a better explanation."

"I could ask Sesshoumaru-sama!" Rin offered with far too much enthusiasm, pulling back quickly as Kagome nearly jumped at her with a panicked look creasing her features.

"No!" Kagome practically screamed, causing Rin to freeze in place as she once again stared at the woman as if she was insane.

"Don't bother..." Kagome offered with a forced half laugh as she attempted to diffuse some of the tension in the air.

"It's fine...I REALLY don't want to know." Kagome finished in a calming tone.

"Okay." The young girl offered with a shrug as she quickly lost interest in the whole conversation and went back to her bathing ritual.

Kagome grimaced as her own shaky hands went to scrub against her trembling arms. Why was she so worked up about this?

So Rin had no idea.

Didn't mean anything.

The Jaken boot kissing theory still held up after all.

No big deal, REALLY.