InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Hurts...in a good sorta way. ❯ Horizontal Conversations ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kagome sat on Sesshoumaru's large wooden dresser as she stared at the far wall of the chamber with a confused and slightly frightened expression.

She had only nodded off for a couple hours; waking from an odd dream of hosting her own cooking show in nothing but her apron, that proved far too disturbing to allow her to fall asleep again.

It was silly Kagome supposed. It wasn't like she could control her dreams.

Kagome flinched and let out a half chuckle as she mentally went over what it would sound like to explain such a dream.

Why in the world wouldn't she have noticed she was naked under the apron right away?

And seriously, would Sesshoumaru even FIT in a cupboard that size?

Kagome shivered again as she recalled the awkward moment that had finally shocked her brain into consciousness.

She stood there, a goofy expression on her face, while holding a spatula in one hand and frying pan in the other, as the Taiyoukai crept from the counter that concealed him and lifted the front of her apron delicately so that he could bury his face unceremoniously between her thighs.

There had been no seduction on Sesshoumaru's part. He had been obscene, vulgar, and practically pornographic in his actions... in a delicious and all together pleasant sort of way.

It had been as Kagome's eyes widened with surprise that she noticed her mother cheering her on in the studio audience; obviously unable to make out the Taiyoukai as the large counter completely obscured him from the spectators and viewers at home.

Tiny, delicate hairs had stood up on the back of Kagome's neck as she stood frozen to the spot by the Taiyoukai's persistent ...probing ...tongue.

Why did her dreams always have to be so...muted? She enjoyed herself of course, but the images only served to make her question how it would feel to experience Sesshoumaru's tongue first hand; doing NOTHING to calm her nerves.

Kagome's heart began to pound again as she relived the events of the dream.

The last image, that had eventually burned into the back of the miko's brain upon waking, had been her mother enthusiastically giving her a ~thumbs up~ as Sesshoumaru buried his elongated tongue deep within her body.

"I'm never sleeping again." Kagome promised pitifully as she bent her knees up and buried her face into her folded arms.

A few silent moments passed, allowing Kagome to wallow in her self deprecating thoughts, before a resounding and somewhat demanding knock at the door pulled her back to reality.

"We don't want any." Kagome answered; not really sure who was seeking entry but having a fairly good idea.

A pregnant pause caused Kagome to giggle before a baritone voice finally drifted through the door to answer.

"We?"

"Uh ....Yeah..." Kagome answered back uncertainly as her eyes locked with the window across the room. She had all ready discerned upon waking that there was no way she'd ever squeeze through the tiny opening, but the panic swelling within her chest had her second guessing the laws of physics.

Another pregnant pause caused Kagome to question whether or not the demon lord had left before his deep rolling voice once again caused her stomach to erupt into fantastically frightening tremors.

"Did you sleep against the door?" Sesshoumaru seemingly questioned the wooden obstacle as he continued to stare through it; focusing on the scent and the rapidly beating heart on the other side.

"No." Kagome scoffed absurdly. She wasn't sure what was more hilarious; the fact they were carrying on an impromptu conversation through the door, or the fact that he thought she would actually SLEEP on top of his dresser.

"I am coming in." The Taiyoukai warned auspiciously as he slowly pushed the inward swinging door with a measured pressure.

Sesshoumaru noted he could have probably kicked the door, dresser and all, across the room, but he didn't want to harm the woman on the other side. He had contemplated momentarily asking permission to enter his own chamber, but discerned from the miko's rapidly beating pulse and spiking scent that she was far too terrified to grant him entry of her own free will.

Honestly, what did she think he would do?

He wasn't some cad in the practice of defiling human wenches on a whim.

He simply wished to talk.

The defiling would inevitably come afterward.

Kagome squeaked as the large wooden dresser, she was practically perched upon, began to shift ever so slightly against the wooden door as it opened.

"Stop!" Kagome exclaimed audaciously; not really sure why she was pleading with him but pleased when the Taiyoukai paused momentarily.

"Am I harming you?" Sesshoumaru questioned as he sniffed the fear laden air for some sign of injury; finding only the miko's intoxicatingly sweet scent.

"Uh...no..." Kagome offered pitifully as she found herself strangely disappointed she wasn't injured.

'Like that would somehow save you from facing him, baka.' She chided herself, becoming a bit more reasonable as she decided to stop acting like a frightened child and face Sesshoumaru.

"Let me move the dresser." Kagome offered in a tone that belayed surrender.

The flowers' effect on the young woman had practically become nonexistent, but she somehow found it impossible to hide her inner turmoil from the great Taiyoukai.

Silently, Kagome hoped it was simply a matter of time before she grew accustom to putting up a barrier between others and the inner workings of her mind, before she extended her hands against the wood of the dresser and gave it a light push.

With an overly girly grunt Kagome pushed the dresser awkwardly away from the doorway; bracing herself against it and closing her eyes as she prepared to look the demon lord in the eye for the first time in nearly an entire day.

Kami help her ...if he was holding a spatula....

A strange sense of relief and disappointment washed over the young woman's features as she made a point to look the towering Taiyoukai squarely in the eye; noting the absence of cooking accessories as she silently wondered,'Has he always been so tall?'

"I wish to speak with you." Sesshoumaru offered in a softened version of his usual stony cold voice; surprising both the girl in front of him and himself.

Kagome's face was slowly flushing, like a tomato ripening in the sun, as she timidly stepped to one side and motioned for the Taiyoukai to enter.

Why was she suddenly so terrified?

Sesshoumaru had attacked, sometimes with the intention of ending Kagome's life, on many occasions and she was NEVER ~THIS~ frightened of him.

What had changed in the last month to make it so difficult to breathe in his presence?

Apparently Kagome was not the only one who found her new found fear unsettling.

"Woman." The Taiyoukai retorted with a moderate amount of annoyance and displeasure. "Why are you trembling?"

Kagome fidgeted several times; never quite finding a good place for her hands, while she analyzing his words sporadically as her frantic mind jumped from one jumbled thought to another.

Why WAS she shaking?

Despite what Sesshoumaru thought of himself, he simply was NOT that scary...at least...not to her.

So if she wasn't afraid of him.....

Kagome's stomach lurched as she reveled in a silent epiphany.

She WASN'T afraid of him.

On the contrary, she WANTED him.............

and that one, singular thought, scared the crap out of her.

It was so wrong. It was twisted and weird ...and......and......wrong.

He was a demon lord who apparently enjoyed peeping on her while she bathed.

She was a miko who apparently utilized hand jobs as a form of inner species enlightenment.

Somewhere, the gods HAD to be laughing.

Kagome took little comfort in the fact that admitting she actually WANTED Sesshoumaru meant she would probably NOT be doling out sexual favors to every intolerant youkai she came across.

So she was only perverted where Sesshoumaru was concerned......

'What a relief.' Kagome's mind quipped sarcastically as she looked up to stare into his eyes again; realizing she had left his question unanswered for more then a few minutes as she silently pondered their relationship.

"I'm cold." Kagome lied terribly as she made a show of rubbing her arms before backing up to the dresser again and casually sitting on top of it. She didn't know why, but she had a feeling this ~conversation~ might take awhile.

'Might as well get comfortable.' Kagome noted randomly.

"Hn." Sesshoumaru retorted; not really buying her explanation but allowing it to slide for the moment.

While he was pleased she had calmed down marginally, this was not at all how he expected their first interaction to begin.

Oddly enough Sesshoumaru found himself wishing he was tethered to his bed again. At least when he was immobile she seemed less apprehensive in his presence.

A thought presented itself to the great Taiyoukai's ancient mind, and before he had a chance to rethink it, he scooped the obviously surprised female free of her perch; lumbering over to the bed evenly, before depositing her small body in the center of his bedding.

Effortlessly he held the time traveling miko to the bed, noting the spike of fear that once again emanated off of her, but this time being fully prepared for it.

Who said their conversation had to take place vertically?

"What..." Kagome grunted as she attempted to pull her arms free of Sesshoumaru's grasp; whining softly as he once again sat on her middle. "What are you doing?"

"I wish to speak with you..." Sesshoumaru stated blandly as he pinned the girl to the bed using both his body and his eyes. "...but first you need to calm yourself."

"This is supposed to be calming?" Kagome laughed out nervously.

Sesshoumaru snorted indignantly in response. Perhaps she wasn't calming right away, but after a couple hours....

Vaguely he wondered if she would now attempt to 'submit' to him again, now that he had made it completely clear what such things meant.

"I'm calm!" Kagome spat out between clenched teeth as she attempted to ease her rapidly beating heart.

Why was it that one of them always ended up pinned to his bed?

Kagome scoffed audibly as the only logical answer slowly came into focus within the confines of her mind. "Demon bed." She snorted with an absurd kind of laugh; earning herself an odd look from the Taiyoukai above her.

"Woman." Sesshoumaru scoffed as he eyed the woman suspiciously. "Why is it that you make LESS sense now that you have MORE control over your words?"

"Mou..." Kagome retorted as she calmed into the casual banter she had grown accustom to over the course of the last month and answered his more then likely rhetorical question. "You make more-less sense-then me and you were never exposed to anything."

Kagome sighed as she witnessed a familiar brightness fill the Taiyoukai's irises.

'Sesshoumaru -1, Kagome-0.' She noted humorously while simultaneously expressing her distress over her current bout of embarrassment.

"Dammit." Kagome mumbled as she squirmed softly against his grasp. She liked this so much better when HE was the one trapped on the bed. Maybe she could ask Jaken for advice later?

"Miko..." The Taiyoukai warned as he pinned her wrists a little more forcibly against the bedding above her head. "You must remain still."

"Why?" Kagome questioned dimly as she shot the demon lord an angry scowl. Was this like the ~you will sleep now~ thing?

Sesshoumaru growled as another more enthusiastic bout of squirming caused his beast to rise to the surface and a familiar ache in his loins to throb in an almost painful way. Suddenly he was aware of just how tight his hamaka really were, and unless the miko wanted to find out first hand, she needed to heed his words.

Losing control at this pivotal juncture would not serve ...any kind of purpose.

There were things that needed to be discussed.

Things the woman needed to be informed of before....

Sesshoumaru growled again as the woman beneath him seemed to roll her hips against him.

Perhaps allowing her to FEEL what she was doing to him would be enough to scare her into submission?

Sesshoumaru noted that this plan, of course, would inevitably make it MORE difficult to calm the female beneath him, but his enthusiasm quickly overshadowed any kind of displaced logic as he continued on.

Kagome gasped as suddenly the demon lord that pinned her to the bed, removed his strong thighs from her sides, and, while nudging her legs apart, rubbed the crotch of his pants against her warm, fabric-covered, center. A tell-tell bulge that seemed to insistently wedge itself against her panties, despite it's silken prison, caused her to still almost instantly as her widening eyes once again sought out Sesshoumaru's golden irises. She flinched slightly, blinking softly, as an almost pained expression played across his features.

"Okay." Kagome whimpered; swallowing harshly as she suddenly wondered why her mouth had become so dry and continued to comply with the demon lord's commands.

Sesshoumaru took in a stuttered breath as his plan seemed to work for the moment. She wasn't moving anymore, and somehow, he found himself strangely disappointed. The heat that was slowly creeping through the silken barrier between them was enough to drive him mad, and while he found it a little easier to control the urge to bury himself within her, he was suddenly finding the words he had so desperately needed to communicate only moments before, more difficult to grasp.

"We must discuss..." Sesshoumaru began; his words falling silent as his eyes closed in an attempt to focus on anything but the girl beneath him. Her scent was spiking. She seemed to find their current position exciting, and he, quite frankly, agreed.

Sesshoumaru fell silent for several more moments as he fought against the feeling of their bodies pressed together. An insistent, deviant voice, in the back of his mind, pointed out that the woman beneath him was more then likely wet and ready for him. He knew from his fingers previous explorations that she would be tight and extremely responsive.

How damaging would it be to simply slip a clawed hand underneath her skirt and into her panties again to confirm his suspicions?

She certainly didn't seem to mind the first time.

Sesshoumaru cursed loudly within the confines of his mind as he attempted, once again, to clear it of deviant imagery.

As he finally pulled himself together one fleeting phrase echoed through his ancient mind before he felt the need to speak the words aloud.

"Father I have misjudged you."

"Huh?" Kagome questioned as stared up at the Taiyoukai quizzically. 'Did he just call me father?'

Sesshoumaru shook his head softly, a strand of hair gently falling over his shoulder as he seemed to dismiss her questioning glance.

"We must discuss ...the consequences of our actions." Sesshoumaru stated blandly; secretly pleased with himself as he finally spoke the words out loud.

Kagome's nose crinkled in an almost childlike manner. Consequences? What kind of consequences? He made everything sound so serious. It wasn't like they had unprotected sex or that they were married and cheating on their spouse. As far as she knew, they were two single consenting adults. Technically, she was still a virgin. Even if it was a little strange and possibly risky to let a man touch her in THAT way; it had been something she had done for herself on many occasions. She knew enough about sex to know that THAT was not how one went about losing their virginity....at least where women were concerned....

Kagome's eyes grew horrifically wide as a realization hit her in mind numbing, spine tingling way.

"I didn't.....take your virginity....did I?" Kagome questioned with far too much guilt and concern flooding her words.

"No." The Taiyoukai retorted quickly and flatly; repeating himself more sternly when the girl beneath him seemed unconvinced.

"NO." He reinforced before the disappearance of his right eyebrow into his hairline seemed to indicate he didn't expect that particular question.

Sesshoumaru sighed grievingly as he decided to clarify his previous statement minutely.

"I am speaking of the perils of relationships between demons and humans."

"Oh" Kagome mouthed with confusion as she stared at the Taiyoukai above her. Was he seriously going to go off about how BENEATH him humans were when one was, in all seriousness, directly beneath him? The irony was not lost on Kagome.

"You know of the story of the hanyou's mother and my father." Sesshoumaru stated in an almost questioning tone without leaving room for the girl beneath him to answer before continuing. "Then you know the dangers of a human..."

That was about as far as Sesshoumaru would get before the girl beneath him swelled with anger and derisively cut him off.

"SHUT UP" Kagome ordered without even flinching; her angered expression unchanging as the demon above her fought the urge to flinch. "Don't you DARE lecture me!"

Kagome was furious. He still didn't get it. It wasn't a matter of humans and demons staying away from each other. It was the attitude of those around them that needed to change. Hadn't she made that clear when she.....when they....

"What Inu Yasha's mother and your father had ...was beautiful!" Kagome barked; practically screaming as she refused to give the imposing youkai above her even an inch of space to retort.

"If they had lived it would have continued to be beautiful.."Kagome's eyes took on a somber light as her face continued to communicate her distress. "..And in death it remains beautiful."

"If you are suggesting that someone....ANYONE" She fumed as she continued her little tirade. "should give up on love...simply because of a few ...."

Kagome pinned Sesshoumaru with a heated glower that suggested her next few words were obviously directed towards him. "...Arrogant, misguided, archaic FOOLS...then.....then..."

That was it.

She was out of words.

Nothing seemed strong enough to drive her point home. What else needed to be said? She could tell him to burn in hell, but, she assumed THAT was pretty much implied.

Sesshoumaru's eyes remained emotionless as he stared at the heaving woman beneath him. She had dared to lecture him on a topic he felt he was more thoroughly acquainted. Usually such things would have provoked his ire, or at the very least annoyed him greatly, but for some reason, anger was not the feeling he felt welling up in his chest.

Kagome was breathing heavy and her cheeks were bright pink as the adrenaline surging through her system caused her capillaries to burn. This was one topic she would always have a strong opinion on. How many had she seen suffer? How many of her friends had their lives turned upside down because of someone's underlying prejudices?

If Kagome did nothing else with her time in feudal area Japan, she hoped she would at least have the opportunity to change at least one stubborn mind.

It was with this realization that Kagome noticed the great demon lord's face above her seemed to be slowly descending on her position while eying her lips hungrily.

Kagome's heart did a series of little flips as she fully accepted and acknowledged what he wanted and what she intended to do.

Her eyes fluttered shut as Sesshoumaru's warm breath gently caressed the tingling flesh of her lips, before claiming them in a passionate yet dangerous dance.

Sesshoumaru was consuming her and she was more then happy to give him all that she had to offer.

When she felt his tongue seek entrance against the smooth and soft skin of her lower lip a question buried itself in the back of her brain.

She knew where this was headed. Would she stop this or would she continue?

Was she a hypocrite or did she truly believe all of the ideals she so desperately clung to?

Would she give Sesshoumaru her virginity or pull back at the last minute fearing what others might think?

Kagome opened her mouth with a moan as Sesshoumaru grunted his approval into her mouth and slowly ran the tip of his tongue along every crevice he could find.

A dull ache throbbed within Kagome's abdomen as she rolled her hips against him and surrendered to him the only way she could, considering her position and mental state.

With a whimper from her and a groan from him her hands were finally released so that she could drap them across his shoulders and around his neck.

There, in a small ancient human sleeping chamber, Kagome Hirugashi, time traveling miko, relaxed in her lover's embrace as she silently offered her body to the great Taiyoukai of the west.....

"Sesshoumaru." Kagome moaned against his lips; once again recieving a grunt of satisfaction from her agressive and persistant soon-to-be ......lover.