InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Twelve Days of Christmas Drabbles ❯ On the Ninth Day... ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

On the Ninth Day of Christmas…
 
“InuYasha!” Inuyasha had jumped up, barely avoiding the large demon's attack, but it had caught on the beads, breaking the string that held them together. InuYasha turned back and severed its arm, which had fallen down.
 
“Inu…yasha!” the raven-haired girl said, her body lying crumbled underneath a demon's amputated arm. Her eyes were wide as her last three words escaped her mouth in naught but a whisper. “I love you…”
 
“I love…you too.”
 
InuYasha stared at it. The Beads of Subjugation. `Alright…who did this?' he asked, scanning the trees for any sign of a person. They were dabbing into his personal business.
He grasped both the Ramen and the beads and jumped abck into the tree, on caution for anything weird.
 
<><><>
 
Uh..oh. That backfired. He is more alert than before…I have to try something. What was it that she had said? Something…giving something to someone means you love them…I just can't remember.
 
<><><>
 
As soon as InuYasha had gotten back to his tree, he had noticed something on it. `Huh?' He asked. On it was a flower. A lilac, that was hanging over the edge. `Why a flower?' he asked, holding it in his hands.