InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Summon a Mate ❯ November 9: 9:24 AM ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

AN: LIME COMING!!!!!
 
GLily: Too long :( But since I finished my outline, I don't have any more excuses for not finishing. As for my grammar, I did go through and tried to correct as many mistakes as possible, but I'm still worried I missed a few. Sorry, it's never been a particular strength of mine. But thank you so much for reading and reviewing anyway!
 
LadyWolf: Ooooo. That makes more sense. You'll find out! Maybe. I'm honestly not sure how many chapters are left. It depends on how long it takes me to get through everything. Thanks for the review again. :)
 
Auroura: (Blush) Sorry about the grammar. My beta and I have gone through and corrected a lot of it, and I'll probably do another sweep after the story is finished. Thanks for reviewing anyway though!
 
Unistar: Thank you! And you're about to find out some of the answers to your questions...
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and I am making no money off this story.
 
November 6, 9:24 AM
 
Kagome jerked, startled by the sudden darkness. Her foot slid on the wet floor, sending her flying back-
 
“Inuy-!”
 
-And into Inuyasha's chest.
 
He wrapped his arms securely around her, his chuckle rumbling through her whole body. “Looks like I needed to be around to catch you after all.”
 
Kagome shivered, Inuyasha's heavy forearms a comforting weight on her shoulders. She knew by that tone of voice that Super Stud was back. “What are you doing Inuyasha? Why is the room dark?” 
 
He nuzzled the skin behind her hair, “I didn't want to offend your sensibilities.” he drawled. “Relax mate, I just want to play a bit.”
 
Kagome felt heat wash over her. And it wasn't from the hot water. 
 
She should really kick him out, but a big part of her wanted this with him. But she was also completely naked and her body did not look anywhere near as good as his. She squirmed slightly in embarrassment, “Inuyasha-”
 
“I promise I can't see a thing in the dark, even with my eyesight.” he soothed. “I just want to take care of you Kag.” Keeping her against him in case she lost her balance again, he unerringly grabbed the shampoo bottle, easily flicking it open with a claw and squirted some into his palm laying open on her shoulder.
 
Shivering all over, Kagome swallowed hard. She could feel Inuyasha's bare skin against her own. She wanted to rub against him like some kind of cat. She couldn't deny that she liked this. And they'd already fooled around a little bit. This wasn't much different, except that she was naked too. So it really wasn't that big of a deal.
 
She wanted to snort as soon as the thought formed in her head. Of course it was a big deal! She liked Inuyasha so much more then she ever had before. So letting him do this was huge. 
 
“Hold still mate.” He let go of her cautiously, waiting to make sure she wouldn't trip again. When she stayed upright, his hands dug into her hair, working the shampoo in. She moaned and sagged back against him. She loved when her hair was touched. It was one of her weak spots. Almost like Inuyasha and his ears.
 
He growled slightly at her moan. “Careful.” he said gruffly. “Close your eyes.”
 
He leaned her into the spray of water, smoothing the soap from her hair, watchful for any suds that might get into her eyes. He gently placed a hand over her side. “How are your ribs?”
 
Kagome stretched into him without any resulting aches or pains in her side. “Perfect. They're completely healed. It's like I was never injured at all.”
 
She could almost feel his answering smirk. “Perfect.” he repeated smoothly, his hands gripping her more firmly to twirl her around.
 
His lips drank in her gasp of surprise, his kiss thorough and mind numbing. One hand clamped down on the back of her neck, the other on the small of her back, keeping her still for him. She wrapped her arms around him, holding tight. She shuddered when her breasts pressed against his chest, remembering the first night she met him. How boneless and desirable she felt. 
 
This just about blew that particular encounter in the dust.
 
Growling, Inuyasha filled his hands with her ass, pushing himself into her soft belly. She squeaked, some of the hazy desire forming turning to worry. Now this was a little too much.
 
Click
 
Inuyasha backed off, sensing her concern. His growling turned into soothing purrs as he dropped his chin on top of her head and held her tight, keeping that part of his anatomy away from her. 
 
Don't worry mate. What did I do wrong?
 
Wrong? It wasn't really his fault. That didn't stop her from being worried about how that was going to fit. She wasn't an expert on the matter, but was it even healthy to be that big?
 
Inuyasha froze before throwing back his head and laughing. Ah sweetheart. You say the nicest things. His tone had that edge of masculine amusement that usually set her teeth on edge. But you don't think you need to worry about that right now, do you?
 
I don't? It sure seemed like she needed to.
 
He nuzzled her cheek affectionally, brushing a kiss at the corner of her mouth. I don't plan on taking you right now, mate. Just having some of the fun you missed out on when you were hurt. I said I would make up for it later. Right now is the start of `later'.
 
His hands started to wander again. Trust me mate. When I take you for the first time it's not going to be standing up in a dark room with only an hour to spare. Though we'll have to try the shower thing again.
 
Her worry was instantly replaced with a spike of heat and weak knees. Inuyasha was positivity lethal. 
 
She grinned suddenly. And he was alllllllll hers.
 
Inuyasha's chuckle seemed a little forced, but was quickly covered up by the squirt of body wash. She stood still and let him rub the lotion into a lather over her shoulders and arms. His fingers were like magic. Everywhere they touched turned warm and tingled. Every knot in her neck she didn't know was there disappeared under his hands. He paused briefly over her pulse to feel it flutter wildly. 
 
She nearly moaned when he carefully slid around her breasts, washing her stomach in small circles instead. With her nipples just barely brushing his chest, he reached behind her to spread the soap across her back, spending more time then needed along her spine. 
 
“Turn around, mate. Carefully.” He added quickly.  Keeping one hand on the shower wall, Kagome did as he asked, biting her lip to try to distract herself from the sensitivity of her body. Her hair was standing on end, her breasts felt heavy and achy, and the slightest touch was making her twitch. She nearly gasped when she felt Inuyasha's wet hair brush the back of her thighs, his strong hands moving up and down. She felt so relaxed and boneless, yet charged up and wired. It was a strange sensation, but something she wouldn't mind getting used to. 
 
I'll remember that. Inuyasha promised, kneading her calves. 
 
Kagome squeaked when Inuyasha suddenly grabbed her ass, his soapy fingers slippery over her cleft.
 
He growled, squeezing gently. I can't wait to see this particular part in the light, mate.
 
Kagome shivered, bracing herself against the wall while Inuyasha massaged and rubbed, inches from where an almost painful ache was developing. 
 
Soon.
 
Kagome realized he must have gotten up from his crouch when his hands landed on her shoulders, turning her around gently before pushing her against the wall, forcing her to arch her back a bit. 
 
You're amazing Kagome. He retraced the lines of her collarbone, savoring the anticipation of washing the last part of her. Thank fucking God for Sess and his stupid control exercises. I hope you realize a lesser demon would have jumped you by now.
 
Kagome nearly gnashed her teeth together. Screw control! Do something! 
 
His big hands dragged down, teasing her, until he was finally cupping her breasts. She hissed, pushing herself further into him while he gently cuddled and shaped them, enjoying their weight and feel. She was a perfect handful, just barely spilling over. He spread the soap over them, circling into tighter and tighter movements until he was tracing the outlines of her nipples. 
 
Her nails scratched at the hard surface of the wall, trying to find something to hold on to.   Her nipples were hard, little nubs, practically begging for something. And he hadn't even touched them yet.
 
Finally, he brushed his fingers over them, while Kagome moaned. Testing her reaction, he carefully tugged them, twisting and rolling, while she shuddered. He leaned in and hungrily took her mouth, drinking in her cries while he continued to play with her chest. 
 
You're even more amazing. Inuyasha said reverently, So fucking responsive...so perfect...
 
Kagome shook under his kiss, stroking her hands up and down his back. She loved what he was doing to her. Right now she was acting like a limp doll and letting him do as he wished, but one day she was going to return the favor.
 
Oh fuck yeah, whenever you want. Just not now. He finally broke the kiss, breathing heavily. He dropped his hands, Kagome almost whining in disappointment. I'm not done with you yet, mate. Go rinse.
 
Reluctantly, Kagome moved under the spray, arching when the hot water hit her. Inuyasha smoothed his hands down her skin, helping to wash the soap away. When he was satisfied she had stood under the water long enough, he reached out and twisted the knob, turning it off. 
 
Both of them still dripping wet, Inuyasha gathered Kagome close to his chest, and stepped out of the shower, setting her down. Feeling around with her fingers, Kagome realized she was sitting on the bathroom counter, a few towels under her to make the seat a little softer. 
 
“Do you remember the question you wrote on your little list, mate?” Inuyasha asked, his soft voice enveloping her in the dark room. 
 
Her face burned, “About you robbing the cradle?” she wrongly guessed. 
 
She knew if she reached out and touched his lips, his mouth would be curved into a smirk. “`Did he like kissing me?'” He repeated her question, placing his hands on her knees. He chuckled, sending another shiver through her. “Of course I do. How could I not love kissing my mate and take every chance to do so?” He squeezed her knees lightly. “My poor mate must have been so neglected if she would question whether or not men would want to kiss her.”
 
His fingers drawing patterns over her thighs, he leaned forward and kissed her. Just a simple kiss to enjoy the feel of their lips against one another. “I know many women in this era pride themselves on being experienced. Are you disappointed about being so neglected Kagome? To lack that knowledge?” his voice was the softest she'd ever heard it. “That it's not something you can fix since there's only going to be one man kissing you from now on?”
 
His hands began to gently, slowly pull her legs apart. “I think I would kill anyone who even looked at you funny. Does it bother you Kagome, that I'll be the only one who will ever kiss you? The only one you'll kiss?” 
 
Kagome shivered, not understanding the strange mood he was in. He wasn't even really talking like himself. “Even if I could chose, I would just end up picking you anyway.” she said truthfully, hoping that was the right thing to say.
 
He froze, and Kagome was nearly pushed over by the amount of feelings he was having. She heard a thud and jumped when she felt Inuyasha's breath against her legs.
 
“It's not only your mouth I'd like to kiss, mate.” he said roughly. “You're not completely clean yet.”
 
Pulling her legs so her ass was on the edge of the counter, Inuyasha put his mouth on the slick, aching part of her that was crying out for attention.
 
Kagome gasped and tried to buck at the first touch of his tongue, her senses going haywire. Lights were exploding behind her eyes and her skin had never felt so tight or hot. He was kissing and licking and oooooo...she was writhing, barely held still by his hands gripping her hips. Her own hands fisted in his wet hair, needing something to hold on to before she fell apart. 
 
He hummed against her, and the vibrations made her scream, clutching at him desperately. She hadn't known anything could feel this good. 
 
Just wait for this mate. 
 
With one last lick at her lips, he carefully settled his lips around her clit, his hands bracing her legs apart. 
 
And growled.
 
Her mouth opened but no sound came out, her eyes rolling to the back of her head. She could feel her heart pounding hard enough to nearly burst out of her chest as she fell, pleasure racking up and down her body. 
 
INUYASHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
 
When she was finally aware of something other then bone-melting, brain-liquiaifing, muscle-turning-into-putty pleasure, her head was resting on Inuyasha's shoulder, his arms tightly holding her to him. Holding her up with one hand, he wiped the water and sweat off her with a towel, stroking lightly when she whimpered. 
 
He pressed a kiss to her forehead. “There. All clean.”  
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
 
Miroku held Sango close to his chest, one hand lazily moving up and down her spine. For someone with such a tough backbone, the bones felt surprisingly delicate against his fingertips. 
 
Sex had never been this good with Sango. The few times they managed it before, there was hatred on both sides. But this time was good. Right. Absolutely, mind-blowingly  amazing. They had never gotten so close to melding, coming close to a true mateship. He could feel ties forming between them, strengthening and tightening. 
 
Holding his palm up to look at his mark, he frowned to see it was still red. It was still as lovely as ever, with Sango's name written in ancient kanji, but the color hadn't changed one shade.
 
“Nothing's changed.” Sango murmured into his skin, as if she knew what he was thinking and wishing. “I still want to complete my duty.”
 
Miroku narrowed his eyes before rolling her under him, determined to try again.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------
 
“Do I look ok, Inuyasha?” Kagome ran a self-conscious hand down her second favorite dress, since Inuyasha had ruined her first favorite. 
 
After the daze from her first amazing orgasm faded, she had gone crazy trying to find something suitable for Inuyasha to wear on such short notice. She finally forced him into some of her father's old clothes, the white shirt and slacks fitting Inuyasha sort of perfectly. Though with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and the shirt unbuttoned slightly, Inuyasha looked amazing. But the resulting battle to get him into the clothes left her little time for herself.
 
She glanced in the mirror at herself, pulling at the dress's straps. Her second favorite dress just wasn't as pretty on her as her first had been. 
 
Inuyasha walked up behind her, rolling his eyes. He wrapped his arm around her waist and dropped his head on her shoulder. “You look good, mate. Quit worrying.”
 
“Easy for you to say.” Kagome grumbled, playing with the hem of the skirt. “He's your brother, he has to like you.” 
 
Inuyasha snorted. “Tell that to the bruises on my ass. Sess can't hate you any more then he hates me. I'm the one who `betrayed' everyone, right? You're a fucking angel, compared to me.” He winked at her in the mirror, leering just the tiniest bit. “Especially in white.” 
 
Blushing a little, she smiled back at him. The dress wasn't that bad, maybe. It was white, with a swirly skirt that stopped just above her knees and a blue sash around her waist. With blue kitten heels she stole out of her mother's closet, it was almost as nice as the pink dress Inuyasha wore and bled on. She left her hair loose around her shoulders, the strands softer and shiner then normal after Inuyasha's close attention to them.
 
Inuyasha's leer turned into a smirk as he eyed her. He turned his head slightly, so his lips brushed her ear. “My little angel in white, tied to the evil demon who should have gone to hell.” His tongue flickered against her earlobe. “Guess what this evil demon wants to do to you, little angel.” he crooned. “I'll give you a hint: It'll make you see God, or at least call out His name.”
 
Kagome swallowed, having a pretty good idea what he was thinking if their time in the shower was anything to go by. “You want to get into the car your brother is sending for us and have a nice lunch with him and your sister-in-law?” she reminded him, not having the strength for a second round with Super Stud so soon.
 
He sighed, letting his hands drop away from her. “For now.”
 
Grabbing his hand, she pulled him towards the door.“Come on, the car is probably going to be here any minute.” She frowned as she reconsidered her question. “What does your brother do anyway that he can send a car out for us?”
 
Inuyasha shrugged. “No idea. We weren't exactly chitchatting last night.” 
 
“Then what were you doing?” Kagome asked, deeply curious. 
 
She grabbed her purse, having forgot it was weighed down by the handbook after she hid it from Inuyasha, while he opened the door for her.
 
He paused in closing the door after her. “Um-”
 
He was saved from answering when a long black limo pulled up next to the temple's steps, waiting for them at the bottom. Inuyasha wrapped his arms around her, and after she blinked, she found herself staring at the polite chauffeur opening the car door for them. 
 
“A little warning when you move that fast next time.” she hissed, feeling dizzy.
 
“Feh.” he only said, guiding her carefully into the car and tucking her into his side after the driver shut the door behind them. “Just close your eyes mate, you'll feel better soon.” 
 
“And miss out on this ride?” Kagome had never been in a real limousine before. It was bigger then it looked like in movies, but without the cheesy lights, weird furs and hot tubs. This had real class, with rich, black leather seats, sleek, modern lines, and a large crescent moon sewn onto the soft rug. 
 
Whatever Inuyasha's brother did, he did it with style. And lots of money.
 
Inuyasha only eyed it all suspiciously, pulling her a little closer. “What's there to see? You can barely look out the windows.” 
 
“The windows are tinted. It's so other people can't look in.”
 
“Feh. Still don't like it.”
 
She leaned her head onto his shoulder, blushing when she smelled her soap on his skin. “Tell me about your brother.”
 
“What's there to say? You're about to meet him.” Inuyasha pointed out, straining to watch the buildings go by them outside the window. 
 
“Exactly. I don't want to meet him and your sister-in-law for the first time barely even knowing their names.” She paused. “What are their names?”
 
Inuyasha stiffened a bit, not enjoying the conversation. “Sesshomaru and Kagura. I don't know what last names they've taken in this era.”
 
Kagome's forehead furrowed, knowing she'd heard those names somewhere before. “What did you say about your brother? I remember I asked about him, and you turned into a jerk.”
 
“I was telling you I was a prince, with Sess as Lord of the West.” He snorted. “You must be the only woman alive to forget so quickly I'm royalty.” 
 
Kagome jerked up, groaning as she reached for her purse. “I'm such an idiot. I know why those names sound so familiar now!”
 
“What are you doing?” Inuyasha stopped staring out the window and put his full attention on her, especially when she dug the handbook out of her bag. “What's that?”
 
Kagome ignored him, flipping through the pages of the book to find what she wanted. She groaned again. “Damn it, couldn't you have warned me your family is so important? I would have tried harder to fix my best dress.”
 
“You're fucking gorgeous and you know it. Now what is that, and what does it say about Sess and Kagura?” Inuyasha tried to pull it out of her grip.
 
Kagome held on, trying to decide what to tell him. There probably wasn't much point in keeping it a secret, if there ever had been. She was about to meet the author of the handbook, his sister-in-law, after all. “Miroku gave me this book after he figured out what I was. It's a handbook for human mates. I don't know where he got it from.” she reluctantly let him have the book
.
“Feh.” He flicked through some of the pages, Kagome wincing when his claws caught on the paper. He snorted, his eyes scanning quickly. “I'm not surprised Kagura was the one to write this. That woman always had more of a mouth then was good for her.” He squinted at one of the words. “What's a `conglomerate'?”
 
“It's a type of company that owns lots of businesses that are unrelated to each other. Like how Disney owns ESPN and a lot of different theme parks.” Kagome shook her head, realizing Inuyasha wouldn't understand the example. “He's insanely rich.” Which definitely explained the car.
 
“Like that's new.” Inuyasha narrowed his eyes. “Did you hide this book from me?” 
 
Kagome squirmed a bit. “...sort of.”
 
His lips curled up, “What the hell, Kagome? After all that crap you went on about me having to be honest, you're not doing the same thing? Why didn't you ask me if there was stuff you wanted to know?”
 
“Because the first time I did, you lied to me and mislead me!” Kagome shot back. 
 
“Like what?” he growled.
 
“Like that you were `surprised' I managed to push you out of the mind meld on my own! When I tried to ask you about my mark, you evaded me with sex, in fact, you were trying to distract me the entire time with sex!” Kagome could feel her power sparking off inside her, her instincts grumbling as if being woken up. She leaned in closer. “And I think you were lying to me about how you ended up with Dr. Saito.” she whispered her deepest fear, without being urged to by those strange voices. 
 
Inuyasha stared back at her. “Feh. You don't know what you're talking about. If I was `misleading' at all, it was because I didn't want to freak you out about the whole demon, fated mate, thing. You barely had a reaction at all when I told you what I am.”
 
Her eyes went wide with disbelief. “That's your excuse? You were lying to `protect' me from myself?”
 
“I wasn't lying about that!” Inuyasha snapped. 
 
Kagome went still. “Then about what?”
 
Inuyasha looked away, his jaw clenched. “Nothing.” He shook his head. “This is stupid, what are we even fighting about?” 
 
Her power began to settle down, happy to chill out and doze off again. “Over me not telling you about Kagura's book.” 
 
He tapped his claws against the cover agitatedly. “Right.” he sighed, the fight seeming to drain out of him. “We're both being stupid. It's just a book and Kagura isn't wackier then any other job out there. It's just...I liked being the one to tell you stuff.” he grumbled, not looking at her. 
 
Kagome's heart melted a bit, especially when Inuyasha's ears fell over. Like a kicked puppy dog. “I'm sorry I didn't tell you.” she slid closer to him. “I just needed to feel like I was on equal ground with you. There's still so much I don't know.” 
 
She nuzzled closer to him, setting her head back on his shoulder all over again. “Why don't you tell me about your brother?” 
 
Inuyasha hesitated, before spreading his fingers wide over her leg. “He's my older half brother. Like the book said, he was the product of a fling with some angel our dad had. I don't know what happened to his mother, but she's probably disowned him after he tried to rebel with Dad. He's never mentioned her. Sess raised me after Dad and Mom died, or at least made sure I got the best tutors. He was busy, ruling and all, but he still found time to spar with me. Probably because I was the only one who wouldn't go easy on the Lord of the West. He's a cold, scary bastard, most people are afraid of him.” 
 
Inuyasha tossed the handbook into the seat in front of them with a lazy flick of the wrist. “Kagura was one of the weirdest, cleverest, humans I ever met. She was scribbling away even then, and thought of herself as something of a bard. He met her just before Naraku died. I remember she led him on one hell of a chase. I told her she had no chance at resisting him. Sess might be wicked, but he's relentless when he's decided he wants something. He's never allowed anything to deny him.” Inuyasha paused. “Which is why it's so unbelievable he'd just let Midoriko keep me locked up without even talking to me.” he added to himself.
 
Kagome slid her hand over his. “Looking at Sango's memories, he might not have at much of a choice. Midoriko seemed pretty crazy. I bet he tried as hard as he could.”
 
He shook his head. “He managed to talk Kagura into bed, and yet he couldn't get Midoriko to release me? Trust me mate, Midoriko is nothing compared to Kagura. That woman had him twisted right around her finger. Getting a mating accomplished with that crazy human must have been like bargaining with the devil.”  
 
He looked back towards the window. “The bastard must have believed what they said about me.”
 
Kagome considered him for a moment. “Inuyasha. Do you really think a man clever enough to get Kagura into bed would be stupid enough to believe those rumors?” 
 
Startled, Inuyasha looked back at her.
 
She interlaced their fingers together. “Trust me Inuyasha. He tried.”
 
His gaze drifted down to their joined hands. “You're way too smart for me Kag, you know that?”
 
She grinned. “Oh I know.” She patted his hand, before reaching over to the limo's fridge to see what was inside. “You'll be nice to your brother though, won't you?” Kagome suddenly asked. “I really do want him to like me.”
 
“What do you care?” Inuyasha asked back, not mocking her, but seeming surprised she was worried.
 
She sat back, cracking open a bottle of water. “He's your family, Inuyasha. I like knowing that Souta practically worships the ground you walk over. Gramps doesn't worry about you robbing us blind as nearly as much as he used to. I don't need it, but it's nice to have my family's approval. So I'd like to have yours as well. Unless you're right and your brother let you sit inside a mirror for 500 years. Then he could can go screw himself.”
 
Inuyasha was silent before crushing her to him. “I'll rip his throat out if he doesn't like you.” he promised.
 
Kagome rolled her eyes. “It doesn't exactly work that way. You can't force someone into liking me.” 
 
“Watch me.”
 
In spite of herself, Kagome felt a warm glow from Inuyasha's promise. But still, she didn't want anyone to get hurt, especially over her. 
 
Putting it aside for now, she lifted the bottle of water to her lips, freezing when she got a good look at her mark pressed against the clear plastic. 
 
Spinning the cap back on, she held her palm out, jaw dropping. “Inuyasha, look.”
 
The crescent moon and flame hadn't changed one line, but instead of black, the design was dyed in different shades of grey. 
 
“Do you know what it means Inuyasha?” she asked, looking up at him.
 
Inuyasha frowned, running his thumb around the curve of the moon. “I forget. I never paid much attention to the mate stuff. If you really wanted to know, you could probably ask Kagura. She did write the damn book on it.”
 
“So you don't know what black meant either? Or why the colors changed?” Kagome pressed.
 
“No idea.” 
 
Her instincts didn't seemed convinced, but she didn't want to fight again and get him upset before going to see his brother. He seemed suspicious about it enough, she didn't want to further alienate him. There would be time later. And how bad could it really be?
 
“We'll be reaching Master and Mistress Taisho's residence momentarily. Please get ready to depart.” The driver announced over the loudspeaker, nearly making Inuyasha jump out of his skin and his hands clamp down hard on Kagome's arms.
 
“What was that?!?”
 
“Just the speakers, don't worry, it's not going to hurt you.”
 
“Feh, I'm just worried about you, wench.”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes, slipping her bottle of water and the handbook inside her purse. “Oh, of course you were. That's why you're still clinging to me, right? In case the speaker jumps off the ceiling and tries to attack me?”
 
“Make your jokes mate, you won't be laughing when it happens.”
 
She reached up to affectionately rub his ears. “I'll make the appropriate cooing and gushing sounds of gratefulness and love after you save me from the big, bad speaker.”
 
The limo dipped suddenly as it drove into an underground parking garage, leaving them blinking at the sudden dimness before the lights flickered on.
 
Driving past expensive cars and other toys, the limo pulled to a stop in front of a large elevator, two men in glasses and dark suits standing guard by the doors. 
 
The passenger door opened. “Welcome to the Taisho's private residence. Please proceed to the elevator doors.” the chauffeur said with a little bow. 
 
Inuyasha got out first, scanning the unfamiliar surroundings. He definitely didn't like being underground and covered by floors of concrete and steel, but he noticed his brother's mark everywhere, along with the discreet demon tattoos on the guard's cheeks. It looked like it would be safe enough for Kagome.
 
He held a hand towards her to help her out of the limo, feeling a warm tingle when she took it and kept holding on. The limo quickly drove away after the door was closed, leaving them alone with the demon guards. 
 
“Inuyasha and Kagome Higurashi. Lord Sesshomaru and Lady Kagura request your presence on the penthouse floor. Please step inside.” One of the men announced, moving enough only to press the UP button. 
 
Kagome grasped his hand a little tighter as they passed the men to walk inside the elevator. The doors slid smoothly shut, another crescent moon painted over the surface.
 
“Your brother really likes to throw his symbol around, doesn't he?” Kagome remarked.
 
“He's full blooded demon. They like to remind outsiders what belongs to them. It'll be on his forehead too, so try not to stare. He'll probably have this fucking huge ass tail unless Kagura talked him into toning it down. Feel free to call him Fluffy. It's like a family nickname. I'm usually the only one who uses it though since he's killed everyone else who's called him that.”
 
“Then let's wait to make sure he considers me family first.” His mate squeezed his hand. “Ready?” 
 
Inuyasha nodded. “Let's get this over with.”
 
Carefully, Kagome reached out and pressed the large P button. It lit up brightly, and with a soft ding, the elevator began to rise.
 
---------------------------------------------------
 
Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.
 
Kikyo stared at the calendar open on her laptop, her manicured nails tapping against the wood of her desk.
 
Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.
 
It had been ten days. She had trained Inuyasha to finish in a week, but he was three days over the mark.
 
Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.
 
Ten fucking days.
 
She glared at the calendar. She had filled in everything so nicely. October 31st, Inuyasha meets Kagome and begins seduction. November first, seduction continues. Seduction, seduction, seduction, seduction, all the way up to November 7th, when he should have called with the news that he was bringing Kagome over to Sesshomaru's treasury. 
 
But instead, he finally bothers to call her at 1 AM this morning, only to question her! About what her plans were! 
 
Kikyo let out a disgusted growl. Stupid demon. Trust Inuyasha to put 500 years of careful brainwash and manipulation on one stupid girl and not even get to second base. For Christ's sake, she was still a virgin! He should have had her in bed by day one. 
 
Which is what she had planned for on her goddamn calendar...
 
Pushing herself violently away from her desk and the offending computer screen, Kikyo paced, her high heels clicking angrily across the hard wood floors. It wasn't supposed to happen like this. She had planned everything. Every. Last. Detail. From hunting down Midoriko's line after her child had been whisked away, to waiting patiently until the perfect candidate had been born. After so many years of breeding with commoners and being unaware of their heritage, the Higurashi line was almost powerless. Until Kagome. The one flare in the dying star that was the Higurashi family. 
 
For sixteen years, she waited, and plotted, and planned and moved pieces and situations around to fit her advantage. She considered kidnapping Kagome and forcing her at gunpoint to retrieve the jewel, but had worried over the possible backlash of power from a scared and inexperienced miko. Tricking her into doing it out of `love' seemed the best course of action. She would give Kikyo the jewel practically out of free will, just because her lover asked it of her. And would make her easy to kill since she would be in shock from the betrayal. 
 
So it figured that the one thing she forgot to consider was that the stupid girl would actually turn out to be his mate. 
 
She groaned, wanting to pull her hands through her carefully made up hair. 500 years of planning, wasted. She had twisted Inuyasha's mind well enough, but not enough for him to double cross his mate. He'd fight it, but he'd probably give in. He was a man, first and foremost. They weren't known for their staying power.
 
It just wasn't fair! Someone up there was laughing at her. 
 
Her fists clenched, her scowl deepening. Well they better have a fucking good laugh. Because once she freed Naraku and helped him start up their army, the only person laughing would be her. Over their dead and mangled bodies. 
 
Realizing her nails were cutting into her palms, Kikyo forced herself to relax. Clenching her facial muscles to much would cause wrinkles to pop up. 
 
Closing her eyes, she breathed slowly in and out, fighting for control. While she hadn't planned for Kagome to be Inuyasha's real mate, she had thought up several back-up plans. After Inuyasha's phone call she had considered each one, evaluated the advantages and disadvantages, and weighted her options. Hell, she still had pro and con charts littering the floor in her study. 
 
And now, she knew exactly what she needed to do. 
 
Gathering her briefcase and other things, Kikyo shrugged into her coat. Kagome would still get her the jewel out of some sense of love.
 
And she would still be betrayed by the one she loved most.Â