Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ Goku and Chi-Chi Have Quality Time ( Chapter 20 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - part 20: Goku and Chi-Chi Have Quality Time
by Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
PAIRING: Goku/Chi-Chi
RATING: PG
WARNINGS: Minor nudity, they take a bath together.
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. These characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball itself. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it.
SUMMARY: Goku and Chi-Chi spend some quality time together. This chapter is a little slow, oh well.
Notes: Thanks to saiyengerl for the beta!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chi-Chi smiled as she cooked dinner for her husband. It was testament to the satisfaction she felt at being in his arms again that she wasn't even upset that he had ripped her dress, or that he had sent Gohan off to stay with Bulma for a while. In fact, against all of her logic, she couldn't help feeling the tiniest bit relieved that Gohan wouldn't be there for a while. The idea of being alone with Goku again, just the two of them, had a great deal of appeal. It would be like they were on their honeymoon again, like they were young and newly married. And somehow she felt young and newly married around Goku right now. There was a look in his eyes as he gazed at her that made her blush with both embarrassment and desire.
 
She stirred the soup as she glanced outside where she had sent Goku to gather firewood. Oh, she knew he was using ki to cut up the wood, and not the axe like he was supposed to, but she could forgive him. She was feeling magnanimous at the moment, and the need for 'normality' wasn't at the forefront. Instead there was a vague contentment that she knew only Goku could bring her.
 
Warrior or not, savior of the universe, she didn't care anything about that. To her he was Goku, the man she loved, and she never wanted him to be any different.
 
Goku piled up the wood near the house, as was his custom, and headed back to the house he shared with his family. He hadn't felt this good in a long time. All the threats to Chikyuu were gone. There was finally peace on the planet, and he was back home with the people he loved most. He had missed his wife and son and, despite what Chi-Chi thought, he did love her. He wasn't sure if she really believed him. Maybe later he would ask Bulma about it. Maybe she would know how he could prove it to his wife.
 
"Wow, Chi-Chi!" he exclaimed as the aromas of dinner filled the air. "That smells good! I have missed your meals." He leaned over her shoulder and inhaled deeply. "Is it done yet?" he asked hopefully.
 
"Almost!" she replied, turning her head towards his, and brushing her cheek lightly against his. "Is it only my cooking you missed so much?" she asked him, smiling teasingly. But there was a slight feeling of worry inside of her, that it *had* been what he had missed most.
 
"I missed you too," he said as he wrapped his arms around her small waist and tucked her against his chest. "And Gohan," he added. They stood like that for a time, Goku just holding Chichi and he found himself wondering why he hadn't done this kind of thing more often.
 
"I finished chopping the firewood," he said after several long moments. "So all the chores are done. Is there something you want to do later? We could go for a walk, or maybe we could go shopping?"
 
"Shopping?" Chi-Chi was startled by the offer. She knew how much Goku hated going shopping, so his offer to go with her was surprising. She smiled suddenly, glancing back at him. "That's a sweet thought, Go-chan, but I think I'd just like to spend the evening alone with you."
 
She turned around and wrapped her arms around his waist, leaning her head against his chest. Then she looked up into his face and smiled shyly. "You *did* say that Gohan was going to stay at Bulma's for a while, right? Maybe he can stay there for a little while, and you and I can spend some time alone together?" She leaned her cheek against his chest again and sighed. "A walk sounds nice, though, Goku-sa," she said softly.
 
"A walk it is," he said holding her close. He wondered why he had never done this kind of thing before. She seemed softer somehow, more vulnerable. It made him all the more protective of his wife. He decided that 'cuddling' had a pleasant effect on his wife, as well as on him. Goku liked this, and knew that he would be doing this more often.
 
"Tell me about what's been going on since I was away? Is Gohan still doing well in school? Made any friends? Did Yamcha ever marry Bulma?"
 
Chi-Chi was startled by Goku's questions. "Yes, Gohan is doing well in school, despite having missed a year of classes. His teachers say he's very bright."
 
She didn't tell him that they had also told her they felt he wasn't happy, that he needed to have more fun, that he was taking things far too seriously for a boy his age. What did they know, after all? He was her son and she knew what was best for him.
 
"Yamcha and Bulma?" Chi-Chi shook her head. "I don't know."
 
She grew quiet. She didn't want to let Goku know that after he had refused to come back, she had gone into a deep despair, hiding herself away from almost everyone. No one had come to visit her - she assumed it was because they viewed her as something of a pariah, with her husband having abandoned her - so she really didn't know what had been going on in everyone else's lives.
 
"They wished Yamcha back to life about eight months ago. I assume that he and Bulma are still dating. Gohan says he's been around Capsule Corp sometimes, so I'd guess so. I don't think they're married yet, since he doesn't live there, and Bulma still does. But I think they're still dating."
 
Chi-Chi closed her eyes then, and continued to hug her husband for several minutes, until the sound of her soup boiling over caught her attention. "Oh!" she exclaimed, turning around and turning off the fire. "Our dinner!"
 
She scurried around for several minutes, making certain their dinner wasn't ruined, and sighed in relief when she discovered it was still all right.
 
She turned to her husband and smiled. "I'm sure you're hungry. Let's eat first, shall we, Go-chan?"
 
Goku's stomach growled in agreement. "Yes, I guess I am." He smiled that charming smile of his while Chi-Chi set the plates on the table, and he sat down. "Mmmm…! That smells good Chi," he said calling her the nickname he had used when they had been children, before he began to dig in.
 
Chi-Chi smiled, pleased that he was enjoying her food. It was one expression of affection she had never had a problem with. She ate more slowly - at human speeds - and finished before he did. She began cleaning up as he finished his meal. When he was finished, and leaning back in his chair patting his stomach in satisfaction, she had almost finished putting the dishes in the sink. She didn't start cleaning them yet; that could wait until later, after the two of them had spent some more time together.
 
She approached Goku's chair shyly, looking at him in anticipation. "Go-chan? Would you like to... should we take that walk now?"
 
"Sure." Goku said slowly standing up. He looked at the dishes in the sink; normally Chi-Chi would never leave a mess like that around. She prided herself on being a good housekeeper and wife to him. So she must really want to spend some time when him. He walked over to her and took her hand, leading her towards the door.
 
"Anywhere in particular you want to go? Because if you don't I know this great spot that overlooks the lake."
 
She blushed in a manner that he hadn't seen her do since they were very young. "Wherever you'd like to go, Go-chan," she said softly, allowing him to take her hand. She walked with him to the door, as the two of them walked to the lake. They walked together in companionable silence for a while, until they reached the spot that Goku indicated. It was a lovely spot, overlooking the lake that he and Gohan often fished in, and Goku sat down on a mossed-over boulder nearby. He motioned for Chi-Chi to sit next to him, and she did so, cuddling with him. They sat there for a long time, just enjoying being there together, before she started to shiver with the cold, as the night began to grow colder.
 
Goku's arm tightened around Chi-Chi's shoulders as he felt her shiver. "Maybe we should head back home. It is getting kinda late and I guess you must be tired." Goku reached up and scratched his head. "And I think I need a warm bath."
 
He tilted his head studying her before his asked slowly. "Do you want to bathe with me?" He really wasn't sure how she would react to that. He didn't realize it but he held his breath as he waited for her to reply.
 
Chi-Chi looked up at him, startled, a blush starting to spread on her cheeks again. It felt so different, this gentleness of his towards her. It was almost as though he were courting her, something he had never actually done. She at a loss how to deal with it, feeling a little like a giddy schoolgirl. It was strangely pleasant, though. She hoped it would never end.
 
"Yes, Go-chan," she almost whispered. "We could take a bath together."
 
Goku released the breath he had been holding and smiled at Chi-Chi. On an impulse he leaned down and kissed her, something he usually didn't do unless Chi-Chi initiated it. "Good. Then let's go back."
 
He looked up and sighed. "It smells like it is going to rain tonight. Big storm too," he said standing up and offering Chi-Chi his hand. "We wouldn't want to get wet and catch a cold."
 
Chi-Chi knew that Goku never got sick, so he wouldn't catch a cold. He wanted to go inside, and it was a good excuse. She wrapped an arm around his waist, and the two of them walked back into the house together. They went up to the bathing room, and Chi-Chi stared at the steaming furo for a moment. "Go-chan, what do you want to do?" she asked him, still shy.
 
"Why, take a bath," he said grinning boyishly at her. "But we can't do that with our clothes on," he said as he started to undress. "I figure we can wash off, then soak for a bit."
 
He took his shirt off and tossed it in the hamper on the other side of the room, then bent to take of his boots. He tugged these off, and was about to untie the laces of his pants when he realized that Chi-Chi was still watching him, fully clothed. "Chi-Chi? Is something the matter?"
 
Chi-Chi shook her head, blushing brightly. She didn't remember blushing this much since the first week they were married. He really was making her feel giddy, like a very young girl being courted and seduced. She wasn't sure how he managed it, why he was acting so different from the way he always had before. She nervously plucked at the ties on her blouse, lifting it over her head, and letting her skirt drop to the ground. She stood before him, nervously blushing, trying to keep herself from covering herself in her nervousness. "Go-chan?" she murmured, questioningly.
 
Goku smiled up at her and finished undressing. When he was completely nude, he stepped into the bath and then turned to face her. He offered her his hand. "Come on and get in Chi," he said. "The water is just right."
 
Chi-Chi took his hand and stepped in the furo with him. She knew that because he had chosen the furo that he didn't really want to clean off, but that he just wanted to relax in the tub. Had he wanted to bathe he would have showered first. She stared up into his eyes and he smiled down at her innocently, then he sank down into the tub, completely relaxing.
 
He closed his eyes for a moment before opening them and smiling up at her. "Come on, Chi. You can relax."
 
She sank down next to him, curling up slightly, but he forced her to relax by drawing her against him. "Relax," he murmured, as he drew her up against him. She felt the beating of his heart against hers, and the strength of his muscles as he held her tightly. She allowed him to simply hold her in his arms, as she wondered, puzzled, if he wanted anything else from her.
 
Goku smiled as he felt Chi-Chi relax against him. He could sense her confusion, see it in her aura, and he couldn't say he blamed her. He wasn't acting like himself. But Chi-Chi didn't seem to mind his sudden change of treatment to her, so he decided to continue.
 
On an impulse, the warrior leaned down to brush a kiss across the top of her head before he settled back again. As he sat there, Goku wondered why Chi-Chi suddenly seemed so delicate to him. She had been a fighter when they had first met. Chi-Chi could take care of herself but right now the woman he was holding just seemed so small and fragile to him, and the urge to protect her was overwhelming.
 
"So?" Goku said to break the silence. "What do you want to do tomorrow?"
 
"Tomorrow?" Chi-Chi looked up at him, startled. She remembered then that Goku had said earlier that Gohan was going to stay with Bulma for a while, until they were ready to have him back. She smiled at the idea of being alone with her husband for a few days... or a few weeks, perhaps. She hoped Bulma didn't mind. "Tomorrow...."
 
She turned around in his arms so their chests were together, so she was lying on top of him, facing him. She smiled at him contentedly. "Perhaps we should have a little vacation, Go-chan. Just the two of us. Maybe... maybe go somewhere that no one can find us. So we can be alone. Would you like that?" She looked at him hopefully.
 
"Kind of like a honeymoon?" he asked thoughtfully. He ran his hand lightly down her back as he considered it. They haven't had any real time alone since Gohan had been born. Goku knew Bulma would look after his son as well as he would, so he had no worries about that. He wasn't aware of the effect that his hand slowly stroking down Chi-Chi's back was having. But he did notice that her breathing had changed and her scent was somewhat different. He cocked his head to the side and looked down at her. "I think I would like that a lot."
 
Chi-Chi started to purr; Goku's hand on her back was relaxing her to the point where she was almost asleep. His touch managed somehow to be relaxing, comforting, and arousing all at once. She fought it, but weariness won out over the others, as the events of the day took their toll on her, and she could feel herself beginning to fall asleep in his arms.
 
"Chi?" He spoke up after he realized that she was beginning to fall asleep. "Let's get out of the tub and go to bed." Goku couldn't remember a time when Chi-Chi seemed so tired. "Let's go to bed," he said again. "You don't want to sleep here."
 
"Hmmm?" Chi-Chi looked up at him sleepily, and then lethargically moved a hand on his chest. She nodded, and then said drowsily as her eyes drifted shut, "All right, Go-chan." He could tell that she wasn't going to be able to go anywhere soon.
 
Goku smiled. She wasn't going to be much help, not as tired as she was, so Goku simply gathered her in his arms and stood. He stepped out of the tub and flared his ki to dry both of them off. Chi-Chi would have normally objected to this kind of thing, but since she was almost asleep Goku figured he could cheat a little.
 
Goku made his way to the bedroom, opened the door with his hip and stepped in inside. He paused to gaze down into his wife's face, with an expression was so tender that if Chi-Chi had seen it, she wouldn't have doubted the affection he felt for her.
 
He made his way to the bed, pulled the covers back and put Chi-Chi down on the mattress. He climbed in next to her and pulled the covers up.
 
"Night, Chi," he said as he pulled her into his arms and closed his eyes.

To be continued.....
~~~*~~~
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBall Z: A Light in the Darkness... Breakfast at Capsule Corp.
  ~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~
Don't forget to review! ^_^