Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ A Day with Goku ( Chapter 26 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - part 26: A Day with Goku
by  Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
PAIRING: Goku/Chi-Chi
RATING: G
WARNINGS: None
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. These characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball itself. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it.
SUMMARY: More quality time for Goku and Chi-Chi.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Thanks to saiyengerl for the beta!
NOTE: For those of you that don't like Alternate Universe (AU) fics, then I suggest that this be the last chapter that you read. This is an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE fic. That means it doesn't follow standard DBZ continuity. This should have been obvious to most people when we had Goku return to Chikyuu without the whole Trunks/Frieza thing. This will become more pronounced in the next chapter, and then more so even in further chapters. If you can't deal with AUs, then you might want this to be your last chapter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Goku woke at first light. He had always been an early riser and this morning was no exception. He looked down and smiled when he saw Chi-Chi cuddled up next to him, her hair mussed and face relaxed. She always looked so innocent when she was sleeping. As if she had no worries at all.
 
Goku shifted out of his wife's embrace and covered her back up. He decided he was going to let her sleep. She deserved a break, after all.
 
A big grin spread its way across Goku's face as a sudden idea came to him. He would make her breakfast for a change. Happy with this plan, he tiptoed out of the room so he would not disturb his sleeping wife and made his way to the kitchen.
 
He stood there for a few moments, wondering what he should make, and he finally decided on soup. That seemed simple enough. All you had to do was put vegetables in water and let it boil. It should be easy.
 
He selected a few vegetables from the refrigerator, then proceeded to cut them up without washing them. He had no idea why Chi-Chi did that - you were going to put them in water anyway, why bother to wash them? He filled a pot full of water and then dumped the chopped vegetables in. All he had to do now was wait for the soup to boil.
 
Chi-Chi stirred sleepily, reaching for her husband, but her eyes opened in surprise when her hands encountered an empty bed. She sighed, then realized he must already be awake. Usually they woke at the same time; by the standards of most, they were fairly early risers. But she had been tired the previous night, and apparently had slept later than usual; the sun had already risen, even though it was still low on the horizon.
 
She yawned and stretched, then went into the bathroom and washed herself quickly, splashing her face and brushing her teeth. She did her hair up hastily, going downstairs to see what Goku was doing.
 
Goku was so relaxed he had almost fallen asleep, when something sizzling caught his attention. He looked over to see the soup boiling up over the top of the pot, and onto the stove and floor. Some of the vegetables had fallen onto the stovetop and had caught on fire. Goku jumped up and went to douse the food in water, but he grabbed the dishwashing liquid by mistake, dumping it onto the burning vegetables.
 
This caused the fire to go out, but some of the soap found its way into the still boiling over pot and was now foaming over with large bubbles. Goku shouted as the froth ran onto the counter top and floor creating a soapy mess.
 
Goku stood there helplessly for a few minutes before he thought to turn the fire off under the pot. By that time, the kitchen floor was covered in foam and bubbles and large chunks of burnt vegetables. There were several scorch marks on the counter top from the burnt food, and a huge sticky mess on the stove top.
 
"Oh man!" he said putting a hand behind his head. "Chi-Chi is going to kill me. I had better clean this up."
 
As was inevitable in such situations, Chi-Chi arrived just when everything appeared in the worst possible light. She stared at the scene in front of her in dismay for several minutes. She looked at the burn marks on the counter. She took careful note of the bubbly mess all over the stove and floor. She studied the chunks of food spread out everywhere. She stared at it all for several minutes, and the longer she stared without speaking, the greater Goku's trepidation grew. Finally he could stand the tension no longer.
 
"Chi-Chi?" he asked tentatively.
 
She looked up at him finally, a blank expression on her face, and then, to Goku's surprise, suddenly burst into laughter.
 
Goku did not know what to make of her reaction. He placed a hand behind his head and looked at her sheepishly. "I was trying to make you breakfast," he said, stating the obvious. He studied her for a few minutes hoping her laughter was a good sign. He had been certain she would have been furious. "Umm, you're not mad at me, are you, Chi?"
 
Chi-Chi continued to laugh for several minutes, much to Goku's consternation, since he wasn't entirely sure what to make of it. She had never reacted this way; usually she blew up at things like this. Eventually her laughter died, and she wiped the tears from the corners of her eyes, giggling up at him.
 
"It's all right, Goku. You were *trying* to do something nice." She looked around at the mess. "But you are going to clean it up, right?" She smiled at him, then walked out of the room, still giggling. "Maybe we should go out for breakfast, Go-chan," she shot back over her shoulder.
 
"Yeah, Chi-Chi. I'll clean it up."
 
Goku scratched his head with his hand and shook his head. He couldn't believe she hadn't screamed at him. He grinned when Chi-Chi suggested that they go out for breakfast, then sighed when he looked back at the mess.
 
"Well, this may take me a while. Do you want to go to the store while I clean this up?" he asked her retreating back. "I guess I'll leave cooking to you from now on. I don't think I have the skill for it."
 
Chi-Chi paused. "Why would it take you a lot of time, Go-chan? Are you saying you'll only use your speed when you're fighting, not for anything else? I know you can clean this place up in minutes."
 
She smiled at him, then walked over to him and hugged him, before stepping away again. "Please do hurry, Go-chan. I'd like to do something today! And I'm hungry!" she said stretching her limbs.
 
"Oh I didn't think of that," Goku said looking sheepish. "Excuse me, Chi. I'll be done in a few minutes." When Chi-Chi stepped outside the kitchen and into the hallway, Goku put his Saiyan speed to good use and cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom.
 
It only took him five minutes to clean his mess. Anyone looking in would never have guessed that recently this had been the place of a complete disaster. Goku leaned on the mop and grinned at her. "How's this?"
 
Chi-Chi went over and hugged him, smiling up at him. "It's fine, Go-chan. Now, can we go out someplace to eat?" She considered for a moment. "It had better be that 'all you can eat' breakfast place that we've gone to before. Otherwise it will be too expensive." She continued to smile into his eyes expectantly. "Well? Are you going to take us?"
 
Goku grinned, took his wife's hand and went outdoors. "Kinto'un!" he hollered and the little yellow cloud appeared out of nowhere.
 
Goku hopped up onto it and extended a hand to his wife. "Come on, let's go." When Chi-Chi was situated behind him, his arm linked securely around her waist, the little cloud took off to the city.
 
"Hold on Chi, it goes a lot faster than when we were kids."
 
They flew swiftly to the city. Chi-Chi enjoyed the feel of the wind in her face, even though flying still frightened her at times. She didn't know why she had never learned to fly like the others had, since Goku had told her that she could probably do it easily. When they landed near the restaurant, many other people stared at them curiously. Flying people, while not something that people would run screaming in terror from, were certainly not run-of-the-mill events. Still, people recognized her husband, so they knew the couple wasn't one to be frightened of.
 
The manager of the restaurant noted their arrival with dismay, but since it would be bad PR to kick out one of Chikyuu's greatest heroes, he gave a weak smile and helped them find seats. He took their money and watched in dismay as Goku helped himself to portions that the man knew would put him in the hole for the day's profits.
 
Goku ate his way through six plates of food before going back to the buffet table and gathering up six more. As he dug into his new dish, he looked up at Chi-Chi. "Ummm Chi? I have been thinking. It would be nice for Gohan to have a sibling, don't you think?"
 
Chi-Chi blushed that Goku would discuss something so intimate when they were in a public place like this. "Goku-sa!" she hissed at him. "Not here!" She glanced around them, and then leaned forward and whispered to him, "I think we should think about it, Goku. That isn't something... that isn't something we should just jump into." She looked down at her plate as she continued eating. "I'd rather... I'd rather not, not for a little while, all right Goku-sa? But someday...."
 
"Sure, Chi-Chi," he said eating more of his breakfast. "Whenever. I didn't mean right now." Goku sat back in his chair sighing. "Wow that was much better than the breakfast I made." Goku smiled at his wife. "So what do you want to do after breakfast?"
 
Chi-Chi looked a little confused. "Well, you promised that you'd take me shopping... are you still willing?"
 
Goku smiled and agreed. They left the restaurant, to the relief of the proprietor, who still knew he would have to work hard that day to make the place break even.
 
The two of them went through several malls, mostly window-shopping, but Chi-Chi also selected several new dresses and she tried on a lot more. Goku was fairly bored by it, but he was content spending time with his wife. The two ate at another restaurant that evening, also an all-you-can-eat, before heading home. Chi-Chi missed her son, but was happy to have time alone with Goku, and was overjoyed that he was home at last.
 
As they flew home Goku yawned. He was more than a little tired, although he hadn't done anything more exhausting than carry Chi-Chi's purchases about. He was about to ask her if she had enjoyed herself but realized she had fallen asleep and was dozing against his back.
 
He chuckled as they sped along on the little cloud, and when they got home, Goku didn't wake his wife as he hopped off Kinto'un. He held her securely in his arms as he went into their home and tucked her in bed for the second night in a row.
To be continued.....
~~~*~~~
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBallZ: A Light in the Darkness...  Something's wrong with Bulma, and a new arrival.
~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~
Don't forget to review! ^_^
gokusgirl: Hey girl! Haven't heard from you in a long time, either on any of the MLs or reviews or email! I know you've been writing because I've seen some of your stuff. Still good stuff! ^_^ I think I had only posted to chapter 40-something on the other site (whose name will not be mentioned). But it was hard losing over 1000 reviews! ;_; People don't review as much on Media Miner, or at least they didn't used to. They seem to review more now. ^_^ And thanks! (hugs) Glad to hear from you again! ^_^
(maccam): Actually I'm not tired of fanfiction (well a little, but I still enjoy it when I find a good gem), I'm tired of the FANDOM. The difference is... I still read the fics, I just avoid associating with the people in the fandom. That's not easy for someone as social as myself, but I find other outlets. :-)
badgerwolf: Glad you like what we did with Yamcha. :-) Shhh! Don't tell anyone! ^_~ The irony is that before I actually watched the show I just assumed he was, and I was surprised when I found out he wasn't. So I decided to make him one. ^_^ I mean, he looks it, doesn't he? ^_^
italiana: I'm glad you like it and that you've been reading it so long. I hope you like what else we've done with this story! ^_^