Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ A New Arrival ( Chapter 27 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - part 27: A New Arrival
by Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
PAIRING: Bulma/Vegeta
RATING: G
WARNINGS: None
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. These characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball itself. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it.
SUMMARY: Something's wrong with Bulma, and a new arrival.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Thanks to saiyengerl for the beta!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 3
Bulma awoke the next morning, her head feeling like it was stuffed with cotton, her nose and eyes feeling like they had been attacked with sandpaper. She tried to get up, but moaned with her head pounding so loudly she was sure Chi-Chi could hear it from miles away. She heard Gohan outside, his clear high voice asking her mother something regarding their breakfast. The thought of food made her suddenly ill, and she ran to the bathroom, losing what little she still had in her stomach. She crawled back into bed, wondering if she was sick. She felt like she was dying, or at least she wished she were dead.
 
She pressed the button to the intercom that led to the kitchen, and called out to her mother. "Bulma-chan?" her mother's startled voice came over the wire. She knew her daughter almost never used the intercom.
 
"Mother?" Bulma managed to rasp out. Her voice sounded almost as awful as she felt.
 
"Oh, Bulma! I'll be right up!" Her mother was true to her word, and was up there with a thermometer in a few seconds. She took Bulma's temperature, and was not surprised to find it was higher than it should be. "Oh, Bulma-chan," she murmured softly. "You tired yourself out, crying that way. You need to get better. I'll bring you up some soup."
 
The thought of food once again caused her stomach to roil. "No, no food," she rasped out again. "No food," she insisted, at her mother's concerned look. "Just... lose it again. I'm so... tired."
 
Mrs. Briefs smoothed her forehead tenderly, wiping the hair from it, and nodded reluctantly. "All right, Bulma dear. But if you need anything, you let me know?" She sighed, and left the room, knowing she was going to be worried about her all day.
 
Bulma sat there in her bed, her arms curled around her knees, wishing that her mother could have brought her a glass of water....
 
~~~*~~~
 
"What the hell am I doing?" Hakusai asked herself for at least the thousandth time that morning. She stared out of her space pod and sighed. "I must be out of my mind."
 
The tall Saiyan woman flicked her long braid around and out of her way as her fingers flew over the control panel of the ship, and she set in navigational coordinates for the planet Chikyuu. At the last minute she had decided to follow Goku's suggestion and seek out her brother, despite her judgment to leave well enough alone. She frowned as the pod abruptly changed course.
 
"New coordinates accepted," a computerized voice intoned. "Arrival on Chikyuu in fifteen minutes."
 
"Swell." She propped her chin on her fist and glared out the window. Some of the things Goku had said about Vegeta had intrigued her. And everything had seemed contradictory. First he had wanted to blow up Chikyuu, then he had helped them fight against Frieza - had even given his life - and now was apparently settled on Chikyuu.
 
"So what are you up to little brother?" she asked the empty pod. "You are never in one place for very long."
 
Her mother had kept an eye on Vegeta throughout the years. She had not approached him because she had not approved of his actions, and since all Saiyan families were dysfunctional, it mattered little that she had not sought him out. At the very least, as the former King's eldest, Hakusai could challenge him for the throne. Not that there was anything left of that miserable rock to rule over.
 
"We have reached the Sol system. ETA five minutes to planet fall." the voice spoke up again.
 
Hakusai shifted in her seat and re-strapped herself in. "Well, ready or not little brother, I am about to introduce myself. But first I'll stop in on Goku." She grinned devilishly. "And maybe I'll actually beat you in a sparring match."
 
If anyone had bothered to look up on that clear morning, they would have been surprised to notice a large, ball-like object moving at incredible speeds towards Mt. Pias, which was the home of one of the Chikyuu's most famous heroes.
 
The impact of the Saiyan space pod hitting the ground made trees splinter and dust rise. The hole that it caused was a mile long and several yards deep. There were two men who immediately noticed that someone with a high ki had just landed. One was Goku, who recognized the power signature. The other was a slightly cranky Saiyan prince who at the most had gotten only an hour or so of sleep.
 
The warrior who got out of the pod was a little unusual, although there were those on Chikyuu who would have recognized her race instantly. At 5'10 she was considered tall for a Saiyan female and her hair, kept neatly in a braid down her back, reached her knees. Unlike most Saiyans she wore a body suit but no armour. Her brown tail was wrapped around her waist and a sword was strapped to her back.
 
Hakusai stretched. "Now I remember why I prefer commercial traveling. These pods are the pits," she muttered. Hakusai studied her surroundings with approval, thinking she understood why Goku loved his home.
 
~~~*~~~
 
Vegeta awoke with a pounding headache and a queasy stomach. He took several deep breaths to steady himself, and then sat up gingerly. What the hell was this? He groaned as his stomach roiled and he repressed the urge to vomit.
 
He had know idea why he felt this bad. He had never been sick in his life. Saiyans had great immune systems; there wasn't much to make them sick. Except a bonding. Vegeta flinched. No, he was not bonded to that pale, loud-mouthed, bad-tempered female, he thought stubbornly.
 
Vegeta looked up when he felt an unfamiliar power near him. He was shocked when he saw the Saiyan space pod pass him. The ki that was inside the pod made the warrior balk. If the being inside the pod was bent on destruction, only one other person on the planet would be able to beat them.
 
::And he would most likely invite them to dinner instead.::
 
He took to the air, following the direction of the pod. If they wanted trouble, he would give them some. He wouldn't let anyone hurt Bulma.
 
To be continued.....
~~~*~~~
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBall Z: A Light in the Darkness...  Introductions
~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~
I'm your father: Ah... my first flame. ^_^ (holds onto the flame for posterity) Ok, let's think about this for a moment. What would be the purpose of people brown nosing me? If people like the story they like it; if they don't, they don't. People aren't saying they like the story when they really don't; what would it get for them? They couldn't possibly gain anything by attempting to brown nose me. Other than getting me to post more... which wouldn't make sense unless they wanted to read more. I find this flame rather amusing and entirely illogical. ^_^ (warms my hands and ass to the flame to keep warm) I'm going to keep this flame and not have it removed even though the mods have told me it would be if I requested its removal. I like it - it's funny! ^_^
maccam: (laughs) Please don't worry about what the previous person said. My co-author and I found it hilarious! In fact when one of the mods said there would be no question that it would be removed if I asked, I gave a big fat NO! I like that flame - it's so illogical and meaningless it's hilarious! ^_^ (Yes, I have an extremely twisted sense of humor at times. ^_^) Please don't feel the need to defend me - it's really not necessary. ^_^
Kendraless: Thank you. I disagree that it's a classic, but it's nice you like the story. ^_^
Gardian: Thank you. I agree with you about Vegeta's character - he is a bit soft in this. I don't usually argue with my co-author when she writes him, though - she can still write him better than I can. ^_^