Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ Yamcha Takes on Vegeta ( Chapter 39 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - part 39: Yamcha Takes on Vegeta
by Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
PAIRING: Bulma/Vegeta
RATING: PG-13 (for violence)
WARNINGS: Violence, blood, angst
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. These characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball itself. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it.
SUMMARY: Things reach to a head between Vegeta and Yamcha.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Thanks to saiyengerl for the beta!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"This is really good, Chi-Chi," Goku said appreciatively as he piled some more meat on his plate.
 
"Oh, most definitely," Hakusai agreed. But her heart was not in her food. Her attention was still on the incident earlier at the lake with Yamcha. She wanted him to come back. Not that she would admit it, even to herself.
 
"So after lunch, let's spar a little," Hakusai suggested after it was apparent that Yamcha was not going to come back immediately.
 
"Sure. I know a great place."
 
"Tell me it's not a desert."
 
"Nope it's up in the mountains."
 
"That's a relief." She sighed and glanced out the window. Had she scared him that much? Or when he realized what she was doing, did he just find her unacceptable? Hakusai didn't think she was unattractive. She might not be petite or pale like Bulma, but she did have her good points. She rested her elbows on the table and glanced out the window. No, she was not waiting for him to get back.
 
~~~*~~~
 
Yamcha landed at Goku's place and realized that he had been missing for quite a while. He knew Goku wouldn't be angry, since Goku was too easy-going for that, but he was a little worried about Hakusai's reaction. He knew that he hadn't been too cool at the lake with her; was she angry with him?
 
No, she was probably furious. Bulma would have been. He was still somewhat aroused by the feelings he had had when watching her fight the dinosaur, as well as how she had almost seduced him at the lake. He also felt guilty, knowing that he had treated her more roughly than she had deserved. He had never felt that aroused by a woman before and hadn't been sure how to handle it. He also knew he probably bungled things completely, since he didn't know what he was doing.
 
What was he thinking? She was Vegeta's sister! Vegeta knew Yamcha had never touched Bulma; he had to. They would probably compare notes afterwards, and then laugh at how clumsy he was.
 
He couldn't help feeling resentful at those future attacks at his expense, somehow resenting something that hadn't yet occurred. It was with this sullen resentment that he entered Goku's house, and saw the three of them still enjoying their dinner.
 
Goku turned his head when Yamcha walked back into the house and he smiled at him. "There you are!" he exclaimed as his friend sat down at the table. "I wondered where you went."
 
"Oh, I imagine he needed a shower. A rather cold one," Hakusai remarked, smirking at Yamcha. She wasn't sure if she should be hurt or angry that Yamcha had turned her down. Granted the warrior had admitted he had never been with a female before, but that was no excuse for running off. What did he think she would do? Laugh at him for his inexperience? Did he think she had no feelings at all?
 
All of her thoughts were furthering her annoyance with him, despite subconsciously knowing it wasn't his fault. "Feeling better?" she asked curiously.
 
Yamcha's face flushed with resentment at Hakusai's comment. She didn't have to rub it in! The embarrassment she engendered in him started making him feel a little angry. Bulma had done this to him all the time as well, making him feel inadequate. He didn't know why women felt the need to do this to him.
 
"I'm feeling fine," he said peevishly, unable to keep it out of the tone of his voice. He wanted to snap something nasty at her, but withheld it. He had no idea what it was about this woman that put him on edge this way, but somehow she did.
 
Hakusai grinned at his tone. ::Feeling a little uncomfortable are we?:: she sent to him privately and when his head snapped in her direction she knew he had heard her. She hadn't been sure if he would have any telepathic abilities at all, but judging from his expression she knew he had some ability. ::I know a cure for that, warrior. I'll be happy to teach you,:: she practically purred at him.
 
Yamcha's eyes narrowed at her. He had an idea what she was insinuating, but wasn't sure if she meant it or was just teasing. He suspected the latter, and it made him feel further resentful. Just because he was inexperienced didn't mean she had to play sport with him that way.
 
::I'm sure you could. Is that an offer?:: he challenged her.
 
That hadn't been what he had meant to say, but somehow it was what came out. To cover his own confusion over his comment, he nonchalantly sat down and helped himself to something to eat, as though he wasn't feeling completely flustered.
 
Hakusai's eyebrows rose and she had to stifle a smile. ::Of course it is. You had better eat a lot then,:: she suggested as she licked the juices seductively off her fingers. ::You'll need the energy.::
 
Yamcha's eyes narrowed. Now he knew she was teasing him. Surely she couldn't really want to seduce him, not after what had happened at the lake. She had to be angry with him; Bulma would have stayed angry with him for days after pulling something like that. He certainly expected no less from Hakusai.
 
::I may take you up on that sometime, woman,:: he thought at her, unconsciously duplicating Vegeta's tone and mannerisms. ::I don't care if you are a Saiyan and I'm just a weak human. If you think you can tease me this way and not expect consequences....::
 
::Oh I don't know, human,:: she responded. She was startled by his tone. In that instant Yamcha had managed to sound almost Saiyan. And the intense look in his eyes almost had her believing he had Saiyan blood. But that wasn't possible, was it? ::I don't think you have the guts to take me on. I may be more than you can handle.::
 
::You think I'm a coward?:: he thought at her, growing coldly angry. ::You think I run away from things? You think I'm weak? You and the rest of you damned 'superior' Saiyans, you think that about anyone who isn't Saiyan. Your brother may have killed me once, but your brother killed a LOT of people. Just because he killed me doesn't mean I'm 'weak'. I wish you and the rest of you damned Saiyans would get it through your heads that you are NOT superior to the rest of the universe.::
 
He stood up abruptly, not finishing his meal. "Excuse me, but I'm going to check on Bulma. I don't think we need to leave her in Saiyan hands any longer!"
 
Hakusai blinked. Now where in the hell had that come from?
 
"I don't think that's good idea," she told him. She thought it was a terrible idea. Vegeta would kill Yamcha, viewing him as infringing on his territory. "You will just irritate him." She leaned back in her chair, feeling slightly nauseous at the idea of Yamcha getting killed. "Just leave them alone."
 
Yamcha turned back towards them, and leaned his fists on the table. The intensity of his expression surprised both Goku and Chi-Chi, since they hadn't been privy to the telepathic conversation between the other two.
 
"You really do think I'm weak and a coward, don't you?"
 
He felt bitter about that. He didn't know why he wanted her good opinion when it was obvious she looked down on him, but it piqued him that she considered him inferior. He didn't know what he could do to change that, and had no idea why he cared to try. For some reason, though, her disdain of him hurt more than he liked, and especially more than he liked to admit.
 
"Well, I'm not going to let that homicidal maniac hurt a dear friend of mine, and no matter what you say, I can't believe he's anything else!"
 
Yamcha stood up, and glared at Goku. "You haven't been here this past year, Goku," he said bitterly. "And Chi-Chi hasn't been to Capsule Corp much. But I've seen Vegeta, and all he's spoken about this past year is killing you and destroying Chikyuu. No matter what either of you says, he has NOT changed!" He headed towards the door, and then paused briefly before opening it. "And I don't think that he's going to!"
 
"That idiot!" Hakusai said getting up, peeved. "Goku, let's get going before he gets himself killed."
 
"Huh?" The warrior blinked. "What's going on?"
 
"Yamcha is going to go and confront Vegeta. And believe me that is a very stupid thing to do," Hakusai said walking to the door. "He thinks he can still beat him because Vegeta won't be at full power. But Vegeta will fight him again, and this time he will win. We have to prevent that." ::Otherwise Yamcha will get killed.:: Her breath caught at the thought and she ran out the door.
 
"I'll be back, Chi," Goku said, bending forward slightly to place a kiss on her forehead.
 
"I hope we won't be too late," Goku said joining Hakusai in the air.
 
"Me too," she said softly. "Me too."
 
~~~*~~~
 
Yamcha flew fast and furious, only making it to Capsule Corp because he knew where it was instinctively. He was so blinded with rage that if he had needed to concentrate on how to get there, he would have gotten lost. He didn't know if he was angrier with Hakusai or Vegeta, but he suspected that his rage was directed more at Hakusai.
 
No, to be honest, it was directed at himself. He had no idea why he was so attracted to a woman who obviously scorned him and thought him inferior in all ways, but he was.
 
::Am I in love with her? Kami, I hope hot! She's arrogant, hotheaded, rude, loud-mouthed...::
 
He didn't realize those were many of the same traits Bulma had as well. He also didn't want to admit that he found her alluring, beautiful, and incredibly sexy, as he tried to dwell on the reasons he should not want her.
 
He landed abruptly on the Capsule Corp lawn, almost jarring his teeth, and tore into the house without waiting to find out where the others were. He saw them in the dining room, calmly eating dinner as though nothing were wrong, and his rage abruptly overwhelmed him.
 
"Vegeta!" he shouted out in a growl. "You will NOT hurt her, or you will answer to ME!"
 
Vegeta, once he gotten over the surprise of Yamcha bursting into the room, was immediately angry. Who in the hell did he think he was? Barging in like he was king of that particular domain.
 
"Should I be worried, human?" Vegeta snarled at him. He wasn't about to ask what the other man was talking about, but he was not going to get away with this insult. "Bulma is not your concern any longer," he told him, eyes narrowing dangerously. "Obviously I can give her something you cannot," he taunted, knowing full well Yamcha had never touched her. "Go, or die."
 
Vegeta's words enflamed Yamcha even more. He wanted to pound that obnoxious little twerp into the ground like he deserved. He suspected Vegeta had regained at least some of his strength back, but he was hoping that if he hadn't eaten, he might not have regained all of it back. Then maybe, just maybe, he would have a chance to survive.
 
But even if he died, it would be better than watching this - this murderer! - continue to have his way with Bulma. He knew that even if she was willing, somehow Vegeta had seduced her, taking advantage of her innocence to do so. Yamcha briefly regretted the fact that he had never taken what Bulma had offered him, that he had been afraid of it. Perhaps if he hadn't, if they had been lovers, Bulma might have had the experience to be able to turn Vegeta down.
 
::He probably would have raped her then,:: Yamcha thought bitterly.
 
"I won't leave," he growled at Vegeta. "Maybe you don't understand 'friendship', since you always seem to kill your friends off, but Bulma and I have been friends since long before you ever showed up! And we'll be friends long after you're out of the picture!"
 
He watched Vegeta's face darken, and didn't know if it was the reference to the fact that he wouldn't always be there, or the jab at the fact that Vegeta had killed Nappa in front of all of them, but he knew he had gotten the small Saiyan angry.
 
"So, why don't we just take this outside, and settle this once and for all?" he said softly.
 
"You may have been her friend, human," Vegeta growled as he stood up, "but you won't be for much longer. " He got up and went outside without waiting to see if Yamcha would follow him. He stood waiting in the front yard, arms folded across his chest, smirking as Yamcha came outside with his fists clenched.
 
"Looks like I get to kill you twice," Vegeta sneered at Yamcha.
 
"No, Vegeta!" Bulma cried out, but it was too late. She suspected that Vegeta hadn't even heard her, as he stormed out the door, so furious was he. She looked at her mother in panic. "I'd better stop them!" She ran out the door after the two warriors.
 
Yamcha studied the smaller man. "Yeah. Looks that way, doesn't it?" he said softly. He really didn't think he would survive this fight. Vegeta had killed him once before, and he suspected he could do it again. He just hoped his death would wise up Bulma, that she would see the Saiyan prince for the murderer he was. He felt a sharp pang of regret that he had never had a chance to get to know Hakusai better, but he didn't know why he felt that way when he was certain she didn't like him at all.
 
::She's better off without me, anyway.::
 
"Go ahead and kill me, Saiyan. It's what you want to do, isn't it?" Yamcha flared his ki and waited for battle.
 
"Since you are so ready to die, I'll be happy to send you on your way." Vegeta charged him, barely giving him time to react, and started raining various kicks and punches so fast that Yamcha was having difficulty keeping up with him. Vegeta did not even pause to consider why Yamcha was doing this; if he had thought about it, he would have questioned why the other man was so eager to fight him. But Vegeta was Saiyan, and Saiyans never shirked from a battle.
 
Vegeta smirked at Yamcha as his foot connected with his midsection, sending him sprawling halfway across the yard, taking out several of Bulma's trees and bushes in the process.
 
"Having problems, human?" he snarled as Yamcha got to his feet. "Seems different this time doesn't it?" Vegeta sank down into a crouch and started to draw in his ki. He formed a ki sphere in between his palms and sent it towards Yamcha as he began to stand up.
 
Yamcha dodged the blast and pulled back into a crouch. Instinctively he threw his favorite attack.
 
"Shin-Rouga Fuufuu Ken!" he shouted, as he let loose a ki blast at Vegeta. He knew this was one Vegeta wasn't familiar with, since he hadn't used it when they had fought before, and none of the others could use that attack.
 
Taken by surprise, Vegeta was knocked backward by of the blast and skidded to a halt several feet away. He smirked at Yamcha as he extended his arm, held his wrist by the other hand and gathered his ki. He raised two fingers on the extended hand and rapidly fired multiple ki blasts at Yamcha.
 
Yamcha poured on the speed, dodging the ki blasts, although he did get hit by a few of them. Like the rest of Kamesennin's students, he knew that rapid-fire ki blasts - although impressive - didn't do nearly as much damage individually as a single, strongly powered blast. If you could just avoid the majority of them, you wouldn't really get hurt.
 
After the barrage was over, Yamcha stood still in front of Vegeta, head lowered slightly, with an almost evil smirk on his face. Bulma, exiting the house at that moment, was startled to note how similar to Radditz' smile it was for just a second.
 
"Well?" he taunted the Saiyan. "Oh, come on! A child could do that!" Then he snapped his fingers as though remembering something. "Oh, that's right! A child beat you once, didn't he? Well, then no wonder you know a child's tricks!"
 
He put the two first fingers of his right hand to his forehead briefly and then aimed them at Vegeta. "Kikouhou!" he shouted, using one of Tenshinhan's techniques. It was one Tenshinhan had taught him during the year that they were waiting for the Saiyans to arrive. He had never used it, because he knew it drained your ki, and if he continued to use it, it could kill him. It could be quite devastating, however, and right now he didn't care if he lived or died.
 
Vegeta dove to his knees and rolled out of the way of the blast. As he came back up to his feet he laughed cruelly. "That may have been, human. But at least Kakarotto's brat is half-Saiyan. You have never tasted that kind of power."
 
He smirked at him; a feral grin across his face. Vegeta powered up again and he felt his ki weakening. He realized he must still be weaker than he had thought, but he was not about to let this human trash beat him.
 
"Why don't you try this one on for size." He lifted one arm over his head and shouted and a blue disk shape appeared over his palm. It then struck Yamcha where he had seen this before. "KIENZAN!" he shouted and threw the disk at Yamcha.
 
Yamcha tried to dodge it, but his previous attack had weakened him slightly, and he hadn't yet had a chance to recover. The disc struck him in the shoulder, causing him to wince visibly. ::Damn! Can't let him do that too much!:: But he didn't think he was going to survive this battle anyway, and he wasn't sure he wanted to.
 
"Stop it!" Bulma shouted from the doorway, watching the two warriors wreak destruction on each other and everything around them. She knew this time someone was going to get killed, and she had the feeling it was going to be Yamcha. She doubted that anything she did would be able to stop Vegeta.
 
Yamcha saw Bulma in the doorway and grinned roguishly at her. He had no idea if Vegeta had heard her, but he suspected Vegeta was going to ignore her. He decided for the moment to do so as well.
 
"Good one," he commented to Vegeta, as calmly as if he were discussing the weather with a business acquaintance. He wiped a trickle of blood from the corner of his mouth and stood up again. "But not good enough."
 
Once again he powered up the attack he had learned from Tenshinhan. "KIKOUHOU!" he shouted, firing the beam at Vegeta.
 
::Oh shit!:: Vegeta thought as he saw the beam coming at him. He hadn't thought Yamcha had enough energy to do that attack again. Because he had misjudged, the beam struck him directly in the chest, forcing him back on his backside to skid into a tree. Vegeta reached a hand up to hold his chest. The blast had knocked the wind out of him and the warrior suspected that if Yamcha had been at full power he would have been killed by the blast.
 
Vegeta chuckled as he slowly got to his feet, ignoring the pain in his chest and in his shoulder from where he had connected with the tree, and smiled at Yamcha.
 
"Not bad at all," he commented as he got his breath back. "But not good enough."
 
Vegeta wiped the blood from a large gash on his cheek and started to laugh again. ::I can't believe it. Being dead actually made him stronger. But not stronger than me. No one is stronger than me.::
 
He was not about to let Yamcha win as he powered up once again. "GALLICK HO!" he shouted as he released one of his deadliest attacks.
 
Yamcha knew he was severely weakened. The Kikouhou had taken a lot out of him. It was a deadly attack, but it drained the life force of the one using it, and he knew he needed to do something fast.
 
Bulma watched in horror as the two men blasted at each other. No matter who lost here, she knew she would lose as well. She couldn't bear to lose Vegeta now that he had told her he loved her, and now she knew that she loved him. But Yamcha was one of her oldest friends, and no matter what she felt for Vegeta, a part of her still loved Yamcha, at least a little. She knew that if he died, then some part of her would die as well.
 
"No! Please, stop!" she shouted, but once again her cries went unheeded by both men.
To be continued.....
~~~~~*~~~~~
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBall Z: A Light in the Darkness...  Who lives and who dies? Can someone stop them from killing each other?