Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ Awakenings ( Chapter 38 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - part 38: Awakenings
by Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
PAIRING: Bulma/Vegeta
RATING: NC-17
WARNINGS: Lemon, lemon, lemon, lemon.... ^_~
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. These characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball itself. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it.
SUMMARY: Bulma and Vegeta wake up and talk a few things over.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Thanks to saiyengerl for the beta!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vegeta awoke first, his stomach urging him to eat. It was growling so loudly he was sure Bulma would awaken from the noise, but she only sighed in her sleep and snuggled up against him.
 
He smiled down at her as she slept on unaware that she was being observed. But after a few moments his stomach gave him no peace, and he slipped from her embrace and went downstairs to find himself and his mate something to eat.
 
He walked into the kitchen, surprising Mrs. Briefs. She glanced at him, took in his nudity with a glance, and burst into laughter, blushing at the same time. "Vegeta-chan, nice as your body is, you really should cover up."
 
She was looking at him appreciatively as she spoke, but blushing regardless. She removed the apron from her waist and put it around his. She giggled softly, her eyes twinkling with mirth.
 
"Please do me a favor, put something on the next time you come down. We might have guests over, and they wouldn't necessarily understand! Now, I assume you came down because you needed something to eat?"
 
She opened up the refrigerator and pulled out a pre-made tray of fruit-filled bread-rolls and sushi. "I wasn't sure when you two would be up, so I wanted to make something that didn't have to be kept heated. I'll have something hot ready for you in half an hour."
 
She handed him the tray, and he could tell she was still a little worried. "How is Bulma doing?" she asked softly.
 
~~~*~~~
 
Bulma stirred, sensing something was wrong. She sighed and rolled over into the groove Vegeta's body had made on the mattress. Her eyes opened abruptly and she looked around, realizing the mattress was still warm from his imprint, but he was nowhere in sight.
 
Panic immediately squeezed her heart. He had left her again? No wait, she wouldn't panic. Maybe he had just gone to the bathroom. Reluctantly she looked towards the bathroom, but the door was open and the light was off. He definitely wasn't in there.
 
Sorrow overwhelmed her, as her heart shattered with the feeling of being abandoned again. He didn't want to stay with her after all, she thought in despair, as loneliness once again clutched at her heart. He was gone again and she was all alone....
 
She shivered, and curled up on the bed, too broken-hearted to even cry this time.
 
~~~*~~~
 
"Bulma is..." He stopped in mid-sentence, glancing up at the ceiling. All of a sudden the prince felt something was wrong with his mate. "Sleeping," he finished. "I will take this up to her."
 
Vegeta turned and without another word headed back upstairs quickly, to find Bulma curled up on the bed.
 
"Bulma? What is wrong?"
 
He placed the plate of food on the nightstand next to the bed and sat down next to her. "Bulma?" He stretched out near her and pulled her snugly against his own body. "Are you going to tell me what is wrong or do I have to guess?"
 
Bulma clutched at him, shivering. Her skin felt cold under his hands. "I just... I thought you'd left me," she said softly, swallowing hard. "I thought you'd left me, that you really didn't want me. I don't want to be alone again! I know you probably hate me and think I'm weak because of that, but if you leave me again, Vegeta, I'll...."
 
She shivered again. She didn't want to sound melodramatic, but she had the feeling that if he ever left her permanently she just might die. She wasn't sure why she felt that way, but somehow she knew it was true.
 
"I am not going to leave you," he said quietly. "Nothing could separate me from you now." He stroked her back slowly in an attempt to quiet her. "I swear."
 
Bulma's shivers slowly abated, as the warmth of his hands and body seemed to seep into her, to melt the icy core that had started to build up inside. After several minutes, what he had said finally sank in. She turned her face towards him, staring into his eyes hopefully.
 
"Vegeta?" she murmured softly. "Do you really mean that? Does that mean... did you mean what you said earlier, that you love me?"
 
"Hai, Bulma-chan," he said softly, drawing her closer to him. "Ai shiteru." He brought his mouth to hers, kissing her gently at first, then more passionately as she pressed her body against his. "Don't leave me, woman," he whispered against her mouth. "I wouldn't want to live if you sent me away again."
 
"Oh, Vegeta!" She returned his kiss with equal passion, as tears leaked slowly from her eyes. "I only sent you away because I thought you didn't care about me, because I thought you would break my heart. Only... only when I sent you away, and it seemed like you didn't care, then it was too late. I almost died...."
 
She touched his cheek gently, cupping it with the palm of her hand. "You almost died," she whispered. "You can't die. I need you too much." She clutched at him fiercely. "Stay with me!" she demanded.
 
"Hai," he replied before his mouth claimed hers again.
 
His fingers entangled in her hair as he pulled her closer. He trailed kisses along her jaw, neck and shoulder before the material of the nightgown got in his way and he growled, frustrated that he could not touch her skin. Without thinking of what her reaction might be, he reached down to take the ends of her gown in his hand and ripped it down the middle, baring her nude form to his gaze.
 
"Kami, you are beautiful," he whispered as he ran his gaze from her head to her toes.
 
Bulma blinked in surprise, and then arched herself against him, rubbing her breasts against his chest. She was surprised when her hips met resistance, and she looked down, noticing for the first time the apron he was wearing. She couldn't help giggling.
 
"Vegeta, just why are you wearing that?" she asked pointing. Then her eyes widened suddenly. "Don't tell me you went downstairs in the buff?" At his bland expression, she realized that he had, and she started to giggle hysterically. "You gave mother quite an eyeful, didn't you? Oh, please tell me she didn't have any guests over!"
 
Vegeta shrugged as he reached down to get the offending piece of material out of the way. "I don't think she minded," he replied. "Now come here," he commanded. "I'd rather not talk about your mother at the moment."
 
Vegeta gave her a wicked grin when Bulma gasped. He had brought his tail up between her thighs without her realizing it, and was slowly brushing the tip of his tail against her. He chuckled when she arched up against him. "I told you tails have more than one use."
 
His tail felt velvety soft against her skin, and she arched against him. He took both breasts in his hands and kneaded them, brushing the tips of her nipples with his thumbs, as he bent forward and kissed her. His tail drew its way up her thighs, and he reached between her legs with his own, parting them with his knee. His tail then drew its way upward, and brushed her womanhood lightly, then began to penetrate her gently.
 
She gasped, her eyes closing with delight and her hands clenching tightly on his shoulders, as he continued his assault on her senses. He lowered his head then, and began laving one nipple with his tongue, causing her to shudder as his tail penetrated her even more deeply. She cried out, so he rolled her onto her back, still leaning on his side next to her.
 
He used every appendage to continue to elevate her pleasure; his mouth on one breast and a hand on the other, his tail penetrating her more deeply than she could imagine, while his other hand played with the tender spot of her womanhood, causing her to cry out. He suckled at her closest breast, feeling the nipple harden to a tiny nub under his tongue, as he continued to nibble and lick it.
 
She squirmed under him, and when he could feel her about to release, abruptly removed all torment from her. She cried out in protest and he smirked, and then positioned himself over her. He held himself for a while there, feeling her tremble under him, knowing how desperate she was for his touches, and then he sheathed himself inside of her abruptly, this time taking her other nipple in his mouth. Once again he licked and sucked at it until it was stiff, as he thrust into her gently.
 
He felt her building, and then with a final thrust, sent her spiraling over the edge, crying out his name in the intense wake of pleasure that washed over her. He remained still as her orgasm quaked through her, simply letting the squeezing at his manhood enrapture him, and when she was finally done, allowed it to send him spiraling after her.
 
Vegeta realized that she would not be able to breathe with his body weight crushing her and rolled over onto his back, eliciting a startled gasp from Bulma as he took her with him. He smirked at her when she lifted her head from his chest to look at him.
 
"Still want to cut my tail off?" he asked smugly. He knew how much she had enjoyed this last bout of lovemaking. Vegeta felt extremely satisfied that he could bring her such pleasure. He ran the appendage in question up her back to peek over her shoulder, and stroke her cheek.
 
She looked at him in surprise, and then leaned towards where his tail was brushing her cheek. "Is that what it's for?" she murmured curiously. "But then, other than pleasuring females, what good does it do? Besides letting you go Oozaru, I mean," she said ruefully, realizing that particular point was probably all the reason they needed for it.
 
He chuckled against her neck. "Do you think that was just one way, woman? Do you not know how sensitive our tails are?" She pulled back, her brows furrowed in confusion. "Touch my tail, woman."
 
She reached up and stroked the tip of it, and was surprised when she saw him close his eyes, gritting his teeth in pleasure.
 
"It goes both ways," he panted, his face flushed. "Did you never wonder why our tails would be so sensitive, why we would allow ourselves such a weakness?"
 
His eyes opened again, and she saw the intense flames in the back of them. "We allow ourselves that one weakness, to remind us of what we were. And probably because no one could bear to part with the pleasure that it also gives us, that very sensitivity. No, don't stop," he commanded, when she had released his tail in surprise.
 
Blinking, she resumed stroking it, and was rewarded with a low moan as he shuddered underneath her. It was a heady feeling, knowing she could command such a reaction from him. She smiled as she reached down and gave his tail a long, slow stroke from base to tip. He growled, and then rolled her onto her back again, staring into her eyes intently. She could feel him growing inside of her, his arousal hardening again.
 
"Keep touching me, woman," he rasped hoarsely, and she reached back to the base of his tail again. She rubbed him there, stroking around the base of it, and he groaned. "You learn... too fast," he growled thickly, and began thrusting inside of her again.
 
She wrapped her legs around his hips, then took his tail between the arches of her feet, stroking him with them. He growled, thrusting more deeply into her, moving with a feral passion she had never quite seen in him before. It was building up a hot, heavy feeling in her, a lethargic sort of pleasure.
 
"Woman!" he growled at her, and then abruptly climaxed, giving off a roar as he crested over the edge, and he collapsed on top of her.
 
Bulma blinked, realizing that for the first time since they had begun making love together, he hadn't waited for her to climax first. She sighed, a little disappointed, and patted his back. It was then he noticed that she hadn't reached fulfillment, and he rolled off of her, looking guilty.
 
"I'm sorry," he said ruefully, looking into her face.
 
She gave him a smile. "That's all right. I guess that happens sometimes."
 
"No, it doesn't," he growled, disagreeing. "And it won't happen again."
 
"Vegeta...." she protested, and he silenced her with a hand to her mouth.
 
"Hush," he said softly.
 
He removed his hand and kissed her passionately. As she responded to him, he levitated himself slightly, allowing some space between their chests. She shivered at the sudden cold, but he moved his hands between them, and began fondling her breasts gently. His thumbs slowly brushed over her nipples as he sucked and nibbled at her lips and tongue. He drew her tongue into his mouth and sucked lightly on it, as his hands continued to play lightly over her breasts. One hand roamed down her belly, then found its way to her mound.
 
He shifted, moving down her, his mouth trailing kisses down her jaw, her neck, her shoulder, down to her breast, where it fastened to her previously neglected breast. She quivered under him, her breath coming in short, sharp gasps, as he continued to assault her. Once again his tail found its way to her opening and began to slowly penetrate her. She writhed, moaning, as he continued his sweet torture.
 
He suckled at her breast, then licked around the nipple and bit it gently, feeling it tremble to his touch, watching the nipple harden under his tongue. When he had it standing at attention, he moved to her other breast and continued his gentle torment, as this nipple in turn became swollen and heavy from his lips, teeth and tongue. He then trailed kisses down her belly, lowering himself down her until he reached her womanhood.
 
He smiled up at her, a quick, smug grin, and then lifted her hips so she was straddling his neck, her legs raised in the air far above her head. With quick, short strokes he nuzzled her womanhood, flicking her most tender spot with his tongue, as his tail continued to penetrate her deeply.
 
She shuddered under him, her fingers clenching at his shoulders, and then entangling themselves in his hair. He smirked in satisfaction, then slowly drew her clitoris into his mouth and sucked it. She bucked, and he bit it lightly, causing her to almost scream with the waves of feeling going through her. His tail penetrated deeper, and then he concentrated a moment, causing it to swell slightly, a pulsating wave that went down from the base of his tail to his tip.
 
She squirmed, almost thrashing out of his grip, but he held her tightly, as he continued to assault the sensitive spot of her womanhood. Helplessly her hands fell from him, and she clutched at the sheet under her, her moans becoming soft whimpers as she became incapable of anything else.
 
The next pulse he sent down his tail he coincided by sucking at her, and she cried out, as wave after wave of orgasm washed over her, drowning all other senses for her, and she became incapable of any sort of thought, just quivering and thrashing helplessly in his arms. He continued to nibble at her womanhood, twisting his tail inside of her gently, and she continued to crest, rising over and over again, crashing and screaming in pleasure so intense that it was almost pain.
 
He waited until her climax had completed as far as it could before he lowered her gently back to the bed. He lay next to her, his hand roaming over her body, exploring her curves intimately. She shuddered with the after-effects, his hand continuing to make sensitized nerve endings jump and tingle even at the gentlest touch. She gasped, as sweat gleamed on her forehead and in the valley between her breasts. Unable to resist, he licked the sweat gently from her body.
 
She moaned softly, and held his head, too exhausted to protest. He looked up at her with a smile, from where his chin lay between her breasts. "And that is what I will do to you, woman, every time that I can."
 
"Vegeta," she whispered softly.
 
"Yes, woman?" he murmured back, once again tasting the sweat on her skin, much to her chagrin.
 
"I would like to take a shower now." Bulma was feeling quite hot and sticky with sweat, and wondered if Vegeta felt the same.
 
Vegeta gave her a smug grin and nodded. "I don't suppose you are able to stand?" he inquired, one brow arching as she looked at him. "If you are too tired to move then I will carry you."
 
Bulma's only answer was to reach over to Vegeta, allowing him to hold her in his arms.
 
Vegeta chuckled as he scooped her up. "Maybe we should take a bath instead," he suggested to her as they entered her bathroom. "You look like you need it."
 
Bulma smiled sleepily in his arms. "Vegeta," she said softly. "There's only one thing I need." She reached up and kissed his chin. "You."
 
Vegeta smiled down at her and kissed her forehead. "I was thinking the same thing." After he filled the tub, he stepped in and offered her his hand. "Come in before it gets cold."
 
Bulma stepped in after him, waited until he sat down, and then promptly sat down on his lap. "Wash me," she teased, cuddling up against him and fluttering her eyelashes coyly. She lifted her arms as though she wanted him to do all the work. "I need to get clean!" she teased, smiling at him.
 
Vegeta arched a brow at her then gave her a wicked grin. He turned her so that she was sitting astride his lap, his arousal pressing against her, and leaned forward to lick the end of her nose. "Then I will clean you," he said as he proceeded to lick his way to her ear.
 
Bulma closed her eyes, reveling in the feeling of his tongue on her skin, and she pressed herself against him so her breasts were flush against his chest. "Vegeta..." she murmured, her voice almost pleading.
 
She ran her hands down the sides of his torso into the water, then back up again, dripping water down the back of his spine. Then she smiled mischievously, and, deciding to take advantage of her position, lifted herself slightly and sheathed him inside of her. She was rewarded by his groan, as he shuddered beneath her, and she could feel him swelling inside of her.
 
She leaned forward, practically shoving her breasts into his face, and he took one in his mouth, licking and suckling it eagerly, as he fondled the other one. She deliberately squeezed him, contracting her inside muscles, and he whimpered slightly. She smiled and moved just slightly on him, continuing to squeeze, and felt him grow even larger. The knowledge that she aroused him so much was arousing to her in turn, and she could feel her own excitement rising.
 
When he reached between them with his hand and fondled her folds with his fingers, she cried out, unable to contain herself, feeling herself soar upwards and touch the sky. As she climaxed, she felt something different; he had joined her somehow, not only physically, but somehow they had merged together mentally as well. Connected in this manner, he climaxed with her, his orgasm and hers merging and melding and somehow becoming more powerful than either had ever felt before.
 
Vegeta leaned forward to rest his head on Bulma's shoulder, thinking how amazing that experience had been. He took a deep breath in and raised his head to stare into Bulma's eyes.
 
"That has never happened before," he said softly. A smiled softened his expression as he lifted his hand to rub his jaw with his thumb. "We have a strong bond."
 
Bulma looked at him with a puzzled expression. "Bond? You used that term before. So did that other woman, the one that claimed to be your sister, what was her name? Oh yeah, Hakusai. What do you mean by 'bond'? What are you talking about?"
 
"Sister!?!" Vegeta sat up abruptly, nearly causing the woman on his lap to fall off. "What are you talking about, woman? And how in the universe did she know about our bond?" he grumbled.
 
Bulma was a little nonplussed by Vegeta's violent reaction. It wasn't exactly what she had been expecting, and he still hadn't answered her question.
 
"I don't know," she answered, a little peevishly. "She just mentioned there was some sort of 'bond'. Much like you keep doing. She didn't say why she thought that, she just mentioned it." Bulma looked at him crossly. "Are you going to tell me what you two are talking about? Or do I have to beat it out of you?"
 
Vegeta muttered a few choice words under his breath. "I can't believe it was THAT transparent," he grumbled, annoyed. "And why does she think she is my sister?" He wasn't even aware that Bulma was getting annoyed at him for focusing on a different part of the conversation. "It's not possible," he stated. "It's just not possible."
 
The irritation in Bulma's eyes was getting more and more apparent, but Vegeta continued to remain oblivious. She rolled her eyes in exasperation. "WHAT isn't possible? And will you PLEASE tell me what you're talking about with respect to this 'bond'?"
 
She stood up abruptly, and he slid out of her. "I swear, I'm going to have to beat you senseless before you'll tell me....!"
 
Vegeta looked up at Bulma, startled at the sudden movement, but then smirked at her show of temper. "I like it when you get angry, woman," he said leaning back against the tub. "Your eyes get brighter." When she looked like she was going to hit him, he chuckled. "Enough, woman. Come here and I will explain it to you."
 
Bulma looked dubious as she sat down on his lap again gingerly. "All right, radish head. What are you talking about? What do you mean by 'bond'?" She looked like she still didn't entirely trust him, yet she wiggled against him, getting comfortable, as she watched him closely.
 
"It is hard to explain. At least to someone who is not Saiyan," Vegeta admitted as he looped his tail possessively around her waist. "But a bond is a...." He paused a moment to gather his thoughts and continued, "An emotional link between two people. In some cases it is so strong that when the pairing involved is separated, they go through withdrawal. They don't eat or sleep. They simply wait for death to take them. Unless they are very strong, they will not survive."
 
Vegeta's tail tightened around her waist and he reached up to caress her face. "This is what we were going through. Our bonding is so strong we would have chosen death rather than living without the other."
 
Bulma's eyes widened as she realized what he was implying. "We were dying, weren't we? We would have died if we'd stayed apart. And it was all my fault, because I threw you out!" She threw her arms around his neck and buried her face in the crook of his shoulder.
 
Then she remembered the heartbreak she had felt, when he had walked out of her work shed with that look of utter detachment and disgust on his face, as though he was repulsed by her need for him.
 
"But I thought you didn't care about me," she said softly. "You treated me like... like I was something you were using and discarding. Like I wasn't important. Like I was... like I was just something convenient for you!"
 
"How was I supposed to know what was going on?" he asked as he lifted her chin with a finger. "This shouldn't have happened. It never occurred to me that we were bonded to one another." Vegeta leaned towards her to kiss her softly. "I was protecting myself, woman. It was my fault as much as yours. I had no idea you would bond with me, or I with you."
 
Bulma studied him silently, remembering how hurt she had felt, when he would say such careless and hurtful things to her. There had been a sort of casual cruelty to the way he had treated her. If it hadn't been that she had already loved him and hadn't realized it, it wouldn't have hurt so much. It had been the very fact that it had hurt so much that had made her realize how she felt about him.
 
Bulma continued to search his face for several minutes before she finally replied. "Do you think I did? I loved you and didn't know it. I loved you even when I thought you could never possibly love me back, when I thought it was so hopeless...." She held him tightly. "Ai shiteru, Vegeta. Never leave me."
 
She sighed and closed her eyes, leaning on him, and then opened them again curiously. "Vegeta, when you went downstairs earlier, I don't suppose you got us something to eat?" She sighed wistfully. "I hope you don't plan on starving me to death...."
 
He scooped her up in his arms and stood up. "Let's get something to eat then shall we?"
 
He turned up his ki briefly to dry both of them, then put Bulma on her feet. "Where did I put my clothes?" he asked as he searched her room.
 
Bulma shook her head. "You didn't leave them anywhere. They're still in the infirmary." She was surprised when he pulled out a fresh pair of pants and tank top from one of the drawers. She smiled. "I guess my mother must have thought ahead of us, didn't she?"
 
Bulma rolled her eyes when Vegeta drew the pants on without benefit of underwear first. "Vegeta, don't you ever wear underclothes? You're a barbarian!"
 
She opened her closet and walked into it, absently humming as she gathered up clothes to get dressed. It wasn't until she had brought the clothes out and started to remove her robe that she realized Vegeta was staring at her. "What's so fascinating, Vegeta? Why are you staring that way?"
 
"If you don't finish putting your clothes on this instant, we are not going anywhere," he said softly.
 
Bulma blushed, and darted into the bathroom. "Vegeta!" she called out nervously. "I'm hungry! I would like to eat!"
 
She re-emerged a few minutes later fully dressed, and then sat next to him on the bed.
 
"We have all the time in the world, Vegeta," she said softly, closing her eyes, her arm slipping around his waist as she leaned her head on his shoulder. "You should be hungry, too," she commented almost curiously. "It must have been at least half a day since the last time we ate. And before that it was even longer. You were very sick, Vegeta! I don't want you getting sick that way again."
 
"You worry too damn much," he grumbled. "But you are right, I am starving. Your mother said that dinner would be ready." His stomach growled and he gave her a roguish smirk. "Shall we go before I starve to death?"
 
Bulma nodded, smiling happily at him, a warm contented glow in her eyes as she looked at him. If someone had told her a few days ago that she would feel this way about Vegeta, she would have laughed and told them to see a psychiatrist. Now, though, she couldn't imagine things any other way, and she never wanted to let him go.
 
The two of them went downstairs to see Mrs. Briefs just starting to serve dinner. She beamed happily at the two of them, with an almost smug expression on her face. If Bulma hadn't known better, she would have imagined that her mother might have planned all of this, from her illness, to the fight between Vegeta and Yamcha, everything. She gave her mother a sharp glance, but Mrs. Briefs didn't seem to notice. Amazing how her obliviousness only came forward when it was convenient, Bulma thought cynically.
 
Vegeta rolled his eyes at the expression on Mrs. Briefs' face, then sat down at the table. Bulma was, he noticed, giving her mother a peculiar look as well, and he wondered what she was so peeved about. He grinned over at her when she felt him studying her and dug into his food with enthusiasm.
 
To be continued.....
~~~~~*~~~~~
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBall Z: A Light in the Darkness... Things reach to a head between Vegeta and Yamcha.