Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ More Than One Kind of Hunt ( Chapter 37 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - part 37: More Than One Kind of Hunt
by Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
PAIRING: Hm...
RATING: NC-17
WARNINGS: Um... it's kind of iffy if I should rate this as R or NC-17. It's not nearly as heavy lemon as some of our other chapters, but there are still a lot of hints of it.
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. These characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball itself. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it.
SUMMARY: More than one kind of hunt.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Thanks to saiyengerl for the beta!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yamcha flew silently for several minutes with the two Saiyans behind him. Despite his attempts to ignore Hakusai and to pretend that she didn't exist, however, he couldn't help being very aware of her. Her defense of her brother angered him, even though he understood it. Why shouldn't she be on Vegeta's side?
 
He couldn't help being cynical. She was a Saiyan, too. Not only was she a Saiyan, but she was Vegeta's sister. Of course she would be on his side. She was probably just as bad as he was, she just hid it better. He didn't know why that thought annoyed him, so he tried to forget about it.
 
They had passed several mountains and reached a rather nice valley before he finally stopped. He pointed down to a large forested area.
 
"There's a lot of game in there. Mostly wild boars and bears, although if you look hard enough, you can sometimes find one of the big lizards. Mostly the non-carnivorous kinds. I think the carnivorous kinds tend to eat each other, so there aren't too many of those in a single area." He shot down towards the ground again. "I don't know what you're looking for!" he shouted at them. "But pick something and we'll go for it!"
 
Goku grinned. "So what are we looking for?"
 
"Something big," Hakusai answered without hesitation. "Something that fights back. You two got to play this morning. I didn't. So I want something that can fight back."
 
"You could have sparred with us," Goku suggested.
 
"I still have my dignity, Goku. I did not feel like losing to you today."
 
"Maybe tomorrow?" Goku asked hopefully. "You're one of the two people on this planet I can fight full out with."
 
"The other being?" she asked, eyebrow raised.
 
"Vegeta, of course."
 
"Maybe when he isn't so involved with Bulma, I'll be able to get a match in with him myself. "
 
"He is good," Goku agreed. "He will go Super Saiyan soon, I think."
 
Hakusai chuckled. "For something that is supposed to be legendary, there seem to be a lot of those Super Saiyans around."
 
Goku and Hakusai shared a grin before she cracked her knuckles and headed off towards the base of one large mountain. "Now if I were a very large lizard where would I hide?"
 
Yamcha followed them silently for several minutes, but at this last comment he interrupted. "They don't hide."
 
"What?" Hakusai arched an eyebrow at him, startled by his sudden comment.
 
"The lizards. They don't hide. The normal ones are really stupid, and don't know enough to hide. The intelligent ones don't bother, because there's nothing that can stand against them. So none of them hide. But before you attack one and kill it, try to talk to it first. If it talks back, don't eat it. We don't eat our neighbors, even if we don't like them much." Although Saiyans probably did, so that might not bother her, he thought darkly.
 
She arched an eyebrow at him at his last comment. Somehow there seemed to be a meaning behind it, as if he was suggesting she would eat her neighbors. Hakusai chuckled. "What if they taste good?" she couldn't help saying to Yamcha, even knowing he was more than likely to take her teasing the wrong way. "Maybe you could make an exception."
 
Goku groaned out loud. "I wish you would not do that."
 
"What? Eat my neighbors?"
 
"Behave yourself. You know you'd never hurt anything that was intelligent," Goku said. "So stop pretending you are mean. I know you aren't."
 
Hakusai shook her head. "You are no fun, you know that?"
 
She had no idea on why she was so intent on making Yamcha angry with her. She wanted him to dislike her because she did not want to like him. If he were hostile to her then maybe she wouldn't have to worry about the fact that she was attracted to him. In fact, she was becoming more aware of him by the minute and she didn't like that one bit.
 
Hakusai was torn between wanting to shake some sense into him or seducing him, and the latter was much more appealing. Stop that! she commanded herself sternly. He did not like her, and she did not like him. What she really needed was exercise, she reasoned, then she could get over whatever it was she was feeling for the human warrior.
 
Goku grinned. "Just ignore her, Yamcha," he told the other warrior. "She is trying to get an argument out of you."
 
"You don't argue well, Goku. I need something to keep me busy while I am here."
 
"Lunch?" he asked.
 
Hakusai's stomach growled and she smiled sheepishly. "Let's get moving then."
 
Yamcha wished he could ignore Hakusai, but he found his gaze drifting towards her constantly. He shook himself, determined to concentrate on something else, but found his attention drifting towards her when he wasn't thinking about it. In an attempt to distract himself from this unwanted preoccupation, he and Goku began searching for tracks. Every time they came across something mammalian, though, Hakusai would shake her head, once she had asked them how big the creature was. She seemed determined to go up against something quite large, which Yamcha realized meant only one of the greater reptiles.
 
Maybe he would have her go up against a wolverine sometime, he thought darkly. Then she would learn that size didn't necessarily mean anything, just as being a Saiyan didn't mean you were automatically stronger than a human. It was starting to rankle, just listening to the two of them talk as though only a Saiyan could be formidable enough to be a threat. He was feeling more and more inadequate, and was almost at the point where he wanted to kill something himself.
 
"There!" he pointed to the ground. "An allosaurus! That should be big enough to please you!"
 
"Oh good," she said looking over his shoulder. "Should be a challenge."
 
Goku nodded. "They are pretty mean, though. Be careful they don't bite you first."
 
Hakusai grinned. "Now, now, Goku. Where is your sense of adventure? Let's get moving," she said, eagerly taking the lead. This was what she needed. She needed to be active, otherwise she thought too damn much.
 
A few minutes later they came across a large beast, drinking out of a nearby lake. "That's what I'm talking about. You boys coming?" She levitated over to the beast, not even looking to see if they had followed her.
 
Hakusai floated up to eye level with the beast and it took a swipe at her when it realized she was just hanging there. She dodged and fired a small ki ball at it, not enough to damage the dinosaur, but enough to anger it. It roared with pain and snapped at her.
 
Hakusai laughed at it. "Wow, you roar pretty well. Come on, big guy. Let's see what you got."
 
A few more minutes went by in this manner, Hakusai firing blasts at it and just barely staying out of the way of its jaws and tail. She knew she could finish off the creature anytime she really wanted, but she needed to get rid of some of the stress she had been feeling since she had come to Chikyuu. So, she would strike then dodge the dinosaur's return attacks.
 
Goku shook his head. "She could be at this all day if we let her," he sighed. "Hurry up, will you!" he called to her. "I am starving."
 
Hakusai snorted. "Let a girl have some fun!" she yelled back, dodging out of the way of its tail.
 
Yamcha had trouble tearing his gaze away from Hakusai as she teased the dinosaur. He felt himself growing aroused again, his face growing flush, and certain other things swelling. ::Damn it! I have to get out of here!::
 
"I'll be right back," he said to Goku, and without waiting for a reply, took off abruptly.
 
As he flew - faster than he had ever flown before, he suspected - he tried to get Hakusai out of his mind. But the image of her, lying wet and naked as she floated on top of the water, kept resurfacing in his mind, making him grow more and more aroused and frustrated. Why the hell was he feeling this way? It was not like he hadn't met plenty of other women! Why hadn't any of them ever done anything like this to him? Was it just because he had never seen any of them without their clothes on?
 
But that was not entirely true. He had seen Bulma without her clothes on when they were very young and before they had started dating, and he hadn't felt this incredible need to ravage her the way he did with Hakusai. Maybe it was because he loved Bulma, and it was just lust with Hakusai. That must be it, yes, that had to be it. Damn, but he did NOT want to feel this way for Hakusai! Why couldn't he lust after someone else? Like one of those women Bulma always thought he was flirting with?
 
He finally reached his lake again, and dove straight into it without removing his clothes first. The cold water didn't have as much of an effect as he had wished it would, but at least it was helping a little bit.
 
::Why does it have to be her?!?:: he thought angrily. ::A Saiyan! Vegeta's SISTER!::
 
He realized that his clothing was keeping the water from making him as cold as he wanted, so he pulled up to the shore, stripped off his wet clothes, and dove in again. He scrubbed vigorously at his skin with a natural cleansing plant that grew nearby, but knew that no matter how hard he cleaned, he wasn't going to be able to clean this off of him.
 
::Damn it! Why HER?!?::
 
Hakusai continued to torment the big lizard for a little while before she got tired of the game and simply blasted the beast, killing it with a very large ki burst.
 
"Now that was exercise!" she exclaimed as she landed next to Goku.
 
"Took you long enough."
 
"Where did Yamcha go?" she asked curiously. "He was right here with you."
 
"I have no idea. He said he would be right back," Goku said unconcerned.
 
Hakusai raised an eyebrow at him. "Oh." She was inexplicably disappointed. She had wanted to impress the other warrior with her skills, but apparently he was still hung up on Bulma.
 
::Stop that!:: she told herself. ::He is not for you. He doesn't even like you.::
 
"Did he say how long he would be? We can't leave the kill out like this."
 
Goku shook his head. "No, he didn't say. But what if I take it back home and you go and get Yamcha?"
 
She sighed. "Oh, alright. We will catch up."
 
"Don't sound so enthusiastic," Goku said.
 
"He doesn't like me," she told him. "I think he would rather if you went."
 
"He likes you. He is still upset about Bulma, that's all," Goku said, heading toward the dead dinosaur. "Get going."
 
She was going to regret this, she thought as she concentrated on finding Yamcha's ki. She was surprised to find it back at the lake. She took to the air, wondering why the other warrior went back there in the first place. Maybe he couldn't stand her enough to be around her. That thought hurt. Why it was suddenly so important for him to like her was a mystery.
 
Hakusai got to the lake several minutes later and landed quietly. She was surprised to see Yamcha scrubbing himself furiously. She leaned against a tree and watched in fascination for several minutes. She knew she should speak up and alert him to her presence, but she was incapable of thought, let alone speech. Hakusai admired the way the water ran off his skin, and she wondered if his skin was as smooth to the touch as it looked.
 
"You keep that up and you aren't going to have any skin left," she commented. The tone of her voice betrayed nothing of the desire that she was feeling for him, and she was feeling incredibly aroused as he looked up at her, startled. She wanted to kiss him senseless but instead quipped, "Want me to wash your back?"
 
Yamcha froze when he heard her voice. At first he thought it was his imagination, since she had been on his mind so strongly. When he realized she was right behind him, he ducked back into the water abruptly, unconsciously giving her a clear view of his backside as he dove into the lake. He resurfaced further out, just his head and shoulders above the level of the water, blushing furiously.
 
"Hakusai...." he choked out. "Do you always interrupt men when they're in the bath?"
 
"Not normally, no," she said smiling. "But this was Goku's idea. He wanted me to come and get you." Wow what a great rear. "But you didn't answer me. Are you sure you don't want me to help you? It would go faster."
 
She pulled off her armor, and grinned when he turned an even brighter shade of red. She dropped to the ground and moved towards the shore. As she stripped off the rest of her battle suit, she questioned her motives. What the hell was she doing? she asked herself as she dove into the water and resurfaced behind him.
 
Hakusai didn't know what she intended, but all that bare skin was too much of a temptation to ignore. She ran a finger up his spine causing the warrior to flinch. "Missed a spot."
 
"Ah... Hakusai.... NO!" Yamcha pulled back abruptly, as her touch made his skin ignite. He had never felt anything like that before, and he didn't know what he was feeling. He dove away from her, surprising her.
 
"Please don't do that!" he begged, not looking at her. "Please, don't!"
 
She sighed inwardly. She was right. He didn't like her. To hide her disappointment about how fast he had moved away from her she shrugged. But she was not one to give up when she decided she wanted something, and the something she wanted right now was to touch the warrior floating in front of her. She swam over lazily and floated on her back again.
 
"Coward," she teased. "Are you afraid I'll bite you?"
 
Yamcha couldn't take his eyes off her breasts as she deliberately kept them above water. He swallowed, his mouth feeling suddenly dry, despite being in the water. "Hakusai...." he choked again, then he blushed at her words. "No, not that you'll bite me. That you'll...."
 
He turned away, still blushing. He wasn't going to admit to her that he had never touched Bulma. To have her know that Vegeta had seduced Bulma when he had never even touched her was too much for his pride. He ducked his head away from her, not sure what to say, as he tried very hard to keep from staring at her breasts, and her womanhood peeking at him just above the surface of the water.
 
"That I will what, Yamcha?" she asked with a grin. She repositioned herself so that he had to look at her. She reached up and slid her finger along his jaw. "That I will do this?"
 
She watched as his eyes grew wide at her slightest touch and she moved closer and licked a drop of water off of his nose. "Or this?" Her voice dropped to a low seductive whisper.
 
Yamcha's breathing quickened and grew heavy, as he responded to her without wanting to. He felt the tips of her breasts touch his chest and he trembled, his eyes closing in indecision. He could feel the heat of her skin near him, despite the coldness of the water, but he couldn't move even if his life depended on it.
 
He wanted to touch her, to crush her to him, to kiss her and do all sorts of things he had never done with anyone before. But he simply stood there, unable to move, afraid to touch her and make the step that would make all of it irreversible.
 
::She's a Saiyan!:: he tried to remind himself. ::She's Vegeta's sister! No telling who she's killed in her life! WHY am I doing this? Stop it, Yamcha! Get as far away from her as possible!::
 
But he remained immobile, her nearness causing tingles on his skin that he was unable to explain.
 
She knew she should stop, but she didn't want to. She wanted him. Her tail wrapped itself around Yamcha's waist and she pressed her pelvis against his. Hakusai reached up to rub her hands over his chest, enjoying the feel of it, the way his muscles bunched under her hands in response. She looked into his face intently for a moment before she started to nuzzle his neck.
 
Yamcha shuddered under her caresses, and a low moan bubbled up from his throat. His fists clenched as he remained helplessly still under her soft touches. He was chained there, as securely as if she had wrapped him in bands of steel, he was so incapable of movement, of reacting. He could feel himself growing larger, and pressing against her, nudging to gain entrance. And he wanted it, started to move himself slightly, positioning himself to enter her....
 
::No!:: he thought, pushing her away abruptly. ::I can't do this!::
 
He stared at her with a stricken expression for a moment, before being able to speak again. "I'm sorry, Hakusai. I can't... I've never....."
 
With a sound that was half feral cry, half growl, he launched himself up into the air, too agitated to even gather up his clothing from below. He flew off faster than he had managed even the previous time, just wanting to get away from there, away from her, to think and figure out what was going on in his own head.
 
Hakusai watched him fly away, more hurt by his rejection than she wanted to admit. She stared up in the sky where he had departed, numb, and she waded over to the shore to gather her clothes. It took her a few minutes to get hold of her emotions.
 
He had wanted her; she had felt the evidence of it pressing against her, so why had he not taken what she had offered? What was it he had said before he left? He had never... never what?
 
She frowned as she pulled on her armor. Was it possible he had never slept with Bulma? Is that why he was so hurt by the fact that she was pregnant with Vegeta's child? His pride would be hurting from something like that. And it would explain his sudden disappearance.
 
Instead of following him to apologize for trying to seduce him, she headed off to Goku's home, knowing Goku would already be there. When she arrived, she was greeted with the smell of cooking dinosaur meat and was momentarily distracted by the thought of food to forget about Yamcha, at least consciously.
 
"Where's Yamcha?" Goku asked.
 
Hakusai shrugged. "Don't know. I imagine he will catch up."
 
"Oh," Goku said. "Lunch is almost done."
 
~~~*~~~
 
Yamcha flew for a while, not even thinking about where he was going, so was almost surprised when he landed at his old hideout. Looking down at himself and realizing his state of undress, he was glad he had instinctively gone there rather than somewhere else. It really wouldn't have gone over well if he had wandered around in public with nothing on. At least here he had some clothing.
 
He headed inside and wrinkled his nose in disgust at the amount of dust that had accumulated on everything. Neither he nor Pu'ar had returned here in years, not since he had started dating Bulma and had gotten an apartment in the city.
 
He made his way to the bedroom and pulled out some of his clothing from one of the dressers. After pulling on one of his old outfits, he realized he had grown considerably larger since he had been here. He had gotten not only taller, but broader and more muscular. He glanced down at himself, making sure he hadn't gained weight, but no, it was all muscle.
 
He sighed and sat down, and was rewarded by a ripping sound as the seam at his backside tore open. He chuckled slightly but didn't move, as he sat and contemplated what had just happened.
 
::I ran. A beautiful woman offered herself to me, and I ran.::
 
He had done the same thing with Bulma, he suddenly realized. She had offered several times, even though she had been just as innocent, and he had never taken her up on it. Why? He had always thought it was because he respected her too much, but maybe it was because he was afraid?
 
His fist clenched, and he leaned forward and rested his chin on it. Maybe if he hadn't, things would have been different. Oh, who was he kidding? He stood up abruptly. Vegeta wanted her, so he took her. ::Once Vegeta decided he wanted her I never stood a chance.:: He knew that wasn't completely true, but it made him feel better to think so.
 
He sighed and stood up, stretching, and looked around the place. Maybe he should clean up a little. He wouldn't want Hakusai to see this place the way it was. He blinked, wondering where that thought had come from. What did he care what she thought, and why would he ever bring her here?
 
The memory of her pressed against him, with him nudged against her entrance, aching to penetrate her, once again resurfaced, and he flushed suddenly at the feelings that shot through him. He felt himself harden, and he sat down again, flushed and breathing heavily.
 
::I have got to get this under control!::
 
His fists clenched in fury and frustration, and he wondered once again why these feelings kept washing through them. He had never felt anything this intense for Bulma, so why was he feeling it for a woman he had just met? And a Saiyan to top that off!
 
He sat down again, frustrated, unable to determine why this was happening to him. He didn't even think that he liked Hakusai, so why did he desire her? She seemed to want him as well, or at least she was willing to sleep with him.
 
He wasn't entirely sure what that meant. For all he knew, she had slept with Goku when she had met him. He frowned at that. No, Goku would never do that to Chi-Chi, so maybe Hakusai just wanted someone and he was convenient.
 
He shook his head, unable to figure it out, and then decided it was time to head back. He flew back to the lake to get his clothes, and was relieved that because of the heat of the desert they were already dry. He changed quickly and headed to Goku's. Although he wasn't entirely sure that he was ready to see Hakusai again, he had promised Goku that he would be back, and he wasn't going to break his promise to his friend.
 
Besides, Goku's house was closer to Bulma's, and he was going to keep an eye on Vegeta. He flew back, hoping Goku wouldn't be too irritated with him.
To be continued.....
~~~~~*~~~~~
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBall Z: A Light in the Darkness... Awakenings