Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ Hakusai's Homecoming ( Chapter 48 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - Part 48: Hakusai's Homecoming
by Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
 
PAIRING: Yamcha/Hakusai, Bulma/Vegeta
RATING: PG
WARNINGS: Angst
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. And yes, we're including Yamcha in that, now you know. These characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball itself. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it.
SUMMARY: Hakusai returns to Kassan.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Thanks to saiyangerl and Two Moons for beta'ing!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Hakusai awoke feeling slightly disoriented and it took her several minutes to remember what she was doing and where she was going. Four more hours. Four more hours then she would pick up Serori and head back home. It didn't occur to her to note that she considered Earth home already. Nor did she consider her sister's feelings in the matter. She was distracted again by an incoming message.
 
"What do you want now, brat?" she grumbled as she flicked on the switch. "These pods only go so fast."
 
"I know, Hakusai, you don't have to shout," Serori replied, sounding suspiciously hurt.
 
"Sorry, Serori," Hakusai said, sighing. "I guess I am a little edgy."
 
"The ambassador isn't so angry anymore. He said with my temper it was bound to happen sooner or later. But they don't have the money to replace it."
 
"I'll give them the funding for the school. You can tell him that."
 
"Really?" Serori said, surprised. "Then they should let me back in."
 
"You won't be going back there," Hakusai said firmly. "I have something else in mind now."
 
"Like what?" Serori hated it when Hakusai used that tone of voice. Usually something drastic happened when she did.
 
"We are moving to Chikyuu," Hakusai said. "Start packing."
 
"Wow! That's great! Is Vegeta nice?" Serori asked, excited at the prospect of seeing her older half brother.
 
"I haven't spent too much time with him," Hakusai admitted. "He seems like any male Saiyan."
 
"Oh," Serori said, disappointed. "So why are we going?"
 
Hakusai started at the question. Why was she doing this? Why move Serori when she seemed perfectly happy on Kassan? And then knew without a doubt why she needed to be on Earth.
 
"Oh no," Hakusai whispered. "Not again."
 
"What?"
 
"We are going to Earth, brat, because I like it. And it seems there are quite a few Saiyans living there. We should fit right in."
 
"Okay," the little girl said, not quite believing that was the only reason. "Should I pack up everything?"
 
"We'll see when I get there." Hakusai said. "We can always go back and get what we need later."
 
"See you in a few hours then."
 
"Yeah. Be good, brat," Hakusai said.
 
"You too," her sister replied then signed off, leaving Hakusai alone with her thoughts.
 
How could she have done this again? She didn't even know if he liked her. What was she going to do? She took several deep breaths to calm herself. She knew she could live through this; she had before. She could do it again. Besides it was not like Yamcha was dead. She would be near him at least. But she was still agitated for the rest of the trip.
 
~~*~~
 
Hakusai dozed off and on for the rest of the way home. She wasn't really sleeping because she could not stop thinking about Yamcha. And every time she thought of him all she wanted to do was cry. She also knew she should be starving, but she found she had no appetite. She was more than a little angry with herself for having bonded again. And the worst part of it was, she had no idea if Yamcha had bonded as well. She supposed she would find out when she got back. It was not like she could force him to love her.
 
She wondered what had caused her to bond again. She had already survived one bonding that had ended with the death of her first mate. She wondered why she did not feel guilty that she had bonded again. This bonding seemed different somehow. Was it because Yamcha was also half Saiyan? Her first mate had not been Saiyan. Perhaps that could explain the quickness of this bond. But she knew there was more to it than that, and it frustrated her.
 
She took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Hakusai had found that breathing exercises always helped her to think and calm down, but all it was doing was allowing her to think more. That was not what she wanted at all.
 
::When I get back to Earth I am going to beat the living hell out of him for doing this to me,:: Hakusai groused to herself.
 
She knew she wasn't going to do anything but kiss Yamcha senseless when she saw him again, but thinking about it helped with her frustrations.
 
::Two more hours to go,:: she thought as she watched the stars pass by. ::Then I can get this over with and head home.::
 
~~*~~
 
Day 8 - Kassan
 
Hakusai's pod hit the ground forcibly, the way Saiyan space pods were wont to do, leaving a large hole in what was once the Ambassador's front lawn. She knew Serori was here; she usually would play with the man's daughter while he talked to the residents of that particular village. He knew Serori was not usually very destructive, but everyone was always nervous when Saiyans were involved.
 
Hakusai got out of the pod and was immediately tackled by a small child. The older Saiyan woman merely rolled with it and looked up at a familiar pair of violet eyes.
 
"It's been forever!" she complained. Hakusai looked up into her smiling face before the girl hugged her again. "I missed you."
 
"I missed you too, brat. Now let me up. Have you no respect for your elders?" Hakusai asked as she got to her feet.
 
"Not you I don't," the little girl said grinning impishly. Then suddenly her eyes widened as she stepped back to look up at her older sister. "WOW! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!!!!"
 
Hakusai winced at Serori's tone and looked down at her in confusion. "Tell you what?"
 
"That you're going to have a baby! No wonder you're moving us to Chikyuu. You want to be with the father!" Serori said excitedly. The little girl was completely unaware of how pale her sister had become.
 
"A baby?" Hakusai whispered. She didn't know whether she wanted to laugh or cry. She had realized when she had seduced Yamcha that he had no control over his fertility.
 
"You did not know?" her sister asked. When Hakusai shook her head, Serori reached over and took her hand. "It's ok. I'll help you out."
 
Hakusai smiled down at her little sister and saw her step-father. Serori, although half-Saiyan, was blessed with her father's coloring. Her bright red hair was kept short and curled around her face; her eyes were a startling shade of violet. Even for being half-Kassan, the color was unusual. The only thing that hinted at her Saiyan heritage was the red-brown tail she kept tucked securely around waist.
 
"I'll be fine, brat. But when we meet him, do me a favor and don't blurt it out like you did to me. I'll tell him."
 
Serori nodded and kept hold of her hand as they walked into the main building of the Ambassador's residence. Her sister was going to have a baby. Now that was exciting. She really hoped her sister's lover would be nice and that he would like her.
 
Hakusai sighed as they made their way through the building. How would she tell Yamcha that he was going to be a father? Should she tell him right away? It was not like he didn't have enough to worry about. Hakusai decided against it for the time being. The only ones who would be able to guess would be her brother or maybe Goku.
 
"Let's settle this, shall we? I want to go home." Hakusai asked, arching a brow at her sister.
 
Serori nodded enthusiastically. "I can't wait."
 
And with that, the two females walked into the Ambassador's office to face a different kind of battle.
 
Hakusai was more than a little relieved when she walked out of the Ambassador's residence later that morning. Even though she had been friends with the man for years, he certainly had taken a quite a lot of money off of her hands to replace the school that Serori had demolished. But she was not hurting for cash. She had the shipping business with the colonies of the Kassan system that her husband had left her, as well as the money she and Serori had inherited from her step-father.
 
"I packed everything we would need to start out," Serori said eagerly.
 
It was easy for the older woman to tell the little girl was happy at the prospect of going to another planet where there were other Saiyans. She had been chattering almost incessantly, asking questions about what the people there were like, what Yamcha and Vegeta were like. She wanted to know where she would go to school, and how big of a city they would live in. Hakusai's throat was starting to hurt from all the talking she had been doing. But to her relief she wasn't so depressed. Could it be because she knew she would be seeing Yamcha again? She smiled at the thought.
 
"Hakusai?" Serori's voice interrupted her older sister's thoughts.
 
"Hmmm?"
 
"Do you think they will like me?" she asked quietly.
 
"Sure they will. They all have power levels that are much higher than yours." Hakusai smiled. "At least Yamcha's and Vegeta's friends."
 
"COOL!" she exclaimed excitedly. "We will be able to spar!"
 
"Yes, you will. Now let's go get our things. Put them in the pod and we are out of here."
 
Serori cheered with all the enthusiasm of a six year old, and in two hours they had the pod packed and were heading back towards Earth.
 
::Soon I'll be with you again,:: Hakusai thought as she broke through Kassan's atmosphere and into space. ::I am coming.::
 
She hoped he had missed her half as much as she missed him.
 
To be continued.....
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBall Z: A Light in the Darkness... Yamcha continues to suffer from bonding withdrawal and other Saiyan changes.