Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ Dragon Play ( Chapter 60 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - Part 60: Dragon Play
by Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
 
PAIRING: Yamcha/Hakusai
RATING: G
WARNINGS: Dragons! ^_^
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. And yes, we're including Yamcha and Ryouga in that, now you know. Dragonball Z and the associated characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. Ranma 1/2 and the character of Ryouga Hibiki are owned by Viz, Rumiko Takahashi, and some Japanese studio I don't know the name of. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball or Ranma 1/2 themselves. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it. Oh, I guess we do own Hakusai and Serori. But no one else wants them. ^_~
SUMMARY: Ryouga learns a little about Saiyans, Hakusai learns something about Chikyuu.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Thank you to TwoMoons and Lady Lark for their betas.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Hakusai blinked as Bulma ran sobbing from the room, with a very determined Prince following her. She hoped she wouldn't get like that further along in her pregnancy. She shook her head, having an idea of what had started the fight, but she would not interfere. Instead, the tall Saiyan woman smiled at Yamcha and Ryouga.
 
“Not only do you have a twin, but you are about become an uncle,” she said dryly. At first she did not realize what she had said or what it implied. Oh hell, she was really going to have to watch what she said to them.
 
Ryouga stared at her, uncomprehendingly. Yamcha stared at her with slightly more comprehension. He had pretended to ignore what she had hinted at earlier this morning, but there it was again. Although he wanted to believe it wasn't true, it seemed to him that she wanted him to know. He continued to stare at her speechlessly, his mouth agape with shock.
 
Gohan looked up at Hakusai innocently. “You mean you're going to have a baby?”
 
Hakusai shrugged and before she could open her mouth to say anything, Serori jumped on her and gave her a bone-breaking hug. “YES! I am going to be an aunt!”
 
“Umm, yeah. You are.” She looked over at Yamcha who was looking very pale. “Are you ok with this? I don't have to have it, you know.”
 
“Don't have to....” Yamcha blinked, snapping out of his trance, trying to determine what Hakusai meant. He blinked again in realization. “No! You can't do that!” To his surprise, he found that he meant it. “It's your... it's our child. We made it, it's up to us to take care of it.” He swallowed, looking nervous. “I don't know if I'm ready to be a father, but I won't let you go through this alone.”
 
It had taken Ryouga a while to understand what they were talking about, and then several more seconds to determine the implications of it. “Wait a minute!” he interrupted suddenly. “Does this mean I'm going to be an uncle?”
 
Gohan smiled and laughed innocently. “Of course it does!” He grabbed the bandanna'd boy's hand in one hand, and then grabbed Serori with the other. “Come on!” he shouted, a little too loudly for the small room. “Let's spar!” He dragged them out of the room without waiting for either an agreement or refusal.
 
Serori was delighted with how things were turning out on Chikyuu. Her big sister was going to have a baby, her half brother wasn't as mean as she had heard, and now she had a best friend, a Saiyan best friend. She let Gohan pull them along until they got outside.
 
“So where are we going? We should go somewhere where there is no one around. Hakusai would have a fit it we accidentally blew something up.”
 
Gohan paused thoughtfully for a second. He had been about to take the two of them to the usual sparring place, but then he had a different idea. He hadn't seen Hiya Dragon for a few days, and suddenly he wanted his two new friends to meet his other best friend.
 
“Come on!” he said eagerly as he launched himself into the air. “I want you to meet someone!”
 
Ryouga looked up at them in frustration. He still wasn't entirely sure how to fly. Although they made it seem easy, it wasn't that easy for him.
 
“Wait!” he called out, trotting towards Gohan a little. “Wait up!”
 
“Oops,” Serori said, looking down at Ryouga. “We forgot you can't fly so good yet. Maybe we should practice a little first.” She looked over at Gohan. “Or maybe we could just carry him?”
 
Gohan shook his head. “We can teach him some more when we get there. KINTO'UN!” he shouted the last bit. The small yellow cloud zoomed in from far away, and hovered in front of Gohan. He pointed to Ryouga, and the cloud lowered itself obligingly, allowing the lost boy to clamber onto it. Once he was seated, the cloud lifted and followed Gohan as he flew off again, laughing.
 
The three flew past Gohan's house, without going too near it, and out past it to a vast forested area nearby. When they landed, Gohan began calling out for his friend, puzzling the other two, who had no idea what he was doing.
 
“Hiya!” the little boy shouted. “Hiya Dragon! Where are you?”
 
He was bowled over as a very playful, lavender baby dragon leapt on him, knocking him over and licking his face happily, all the while his tail thumping the ground as a puppy might wag its tail. Ryouga stared at the scene in surprise. Had Gohan been a normal child, the dragon would have inadvertently killed him in his enthusiasm. It was obvious there was something about a Saiyan child that could handle that sort of violent roughness without it being a problem.
 
Serori gave a very un-Saiyan like squeak and eyed the dragon from behind Ryouga. “It's friendly do you think? Kinda small for a... a... what's that Gohan? Some sort of lizard?” Serori would never admit that the little dragon had frightened her. She came around the other side of Ryouga and tucked her hand in his. “We don't have anything like that on Kassan.”
 
Gohan giggled. “No, silly! That's just Hiya dragon! He's my friend!”
 
The little purple dragon thumped its tail on the ground and continued to lick Gohan's face, causing the little boy to giggle in delight. The other two watched the two of them tussle for a few minutes. Somehow, despite the force with which the two played, the other two young Saiyans could see a tremendously strong trust and affection between the boy and the dragon.
 
~~~*~~~
 
Goku woke later than he usually did, having gotten home fairly late the previous night. He stretched comfortably in his bed and smiled down at Chi-Chi. She looked soft and vulnerable with her hair tumbled about her face that way, when she was relaxed in sleep. He rarely saw her relaxed when she was awake; she was usually either doing housework, or cooking, or worried about Gohan's studies, or angry about something. He wished he could get her to smile more.
 
::Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong.::
 
He continued to stare down at her sleeping form, and gently brushed her hair away from her face to study her more closely. His touch seemed to waken her; she opened her eyes and stared up into his sleepily. She blushed when she saw the look on his face.
 
“What is it, Goku-sa?” she asked him softly.
 
“Nothing,” he replied, still smiling at her. “I just like looking at you.”
 
She blushed brighter, and sat up. Sometimes her husband surprised her. Most of the time he acted like a naive young boy, and then occasionally he said something so innocently romantic that it made her want to melt.
 
“Let's get up, Goku-sa.”
 
She made him a large breakfast, and asked him to do some chores around the house. Goku felt some new ki up at Capsule Corp, and he was curious about them. It was when one of them flared up suddenly and then went almost silent that he was alarmed. When he went to Chi-Chi to tell her that he ought to investigate, she grew angry.
 
“You just want to go fighting again!” she shouted at him. “Let one of the others handle it for once! Isn't Yamcha there? Vegeta? Can't one of them do anything? Why must it always be you?!?”
 
Goku was so intimidated by her shouting that he backed down, and decided not to remind her that Gohan was there, too. ::Gohan can handle it,:: he thought confidently. ::And Vegeta and Yamcha will help him, if there's danger.:: He didn't know whose ki had flared, but it was one he wasn't familiar with, which gave him just a twinge of concern. The fact that it had died down so quickly was the only reason he didn't insist upon ignoring Chi-Chi's demands and going there anyway.
 
It was later in the day when he felt another strange surge, and this time the ki didn't go down. It wasn't as strong or unusual as the ki flare he felt earlier; it felt more like someone's ki had increased and then remained that way. It was somewhat similar to what he had sensed in Yamcha after he had gone in the tank the first time.
 
::Did Yamcha's ki increase again?:: he wondered. ::No, this isn't Yamcha. This time I'd better go.::
 
He hesitated, knowing if Chi-Chi saw him leave she would have a fit. He waited until she was inside and he was outside chopping wood. He felt the ki, along with his son's and another ki which was unfamiliar to him although not as high as the other two, head out into the forest.
 
::My son is alone with two strangers? I don't like that at all!::
 
He took off after the ki signatures, ignoring that he hadn't finished chopping the wood for Chi-Chi.
 
~~~*~~~
 
Goku landed lightly near where the three children were playing with Gohan's dragon friend. He smiled when he saw his son rolling on the ground with the dragon while it licked his face and hair, playfully undoing the careful combing Gohan had managed earlier. He knew his son was in no danger from the little dragon, despite its size and apparent roughness. He trusted his son to be able to handle himself, and he knew the dragon would never hurt his friend.
 
“Hello, Gohan!” he greeted the little boy. “Who are your friends?”
 
Gohan managed to drag himself out from under the little dragon, and looked at his father, still giggling as Hiya Dragon continued to lick him and try to drag him down on the ground again.
 
“Oh, this is Serori and Ryouga. Serori is Hakusai's little sister. Hakusai said they're going to live here!” Gohan knew that Yamcha and Hakusai were `bonded', but didn't really understand the full implications of that. “And Ryouga is Yamcha's little brother!”
 
Serori grinned. “Yup, seems the world is full of Saiyans these days.” She walked over to scratch the dragon on his head. It seemed delighted at the contact.
 
“You are Yamcha's brother?” Goku asked, peering at the young man curiously. “Come to think of it, you do look like him.”
 
“Are you Gohan's dad?” Serori asked suddenly, catching the big man's attention. At his nod, she smiled. “I heard you are really strong too.”
 
“Yeah, well, I try to be. I have to protect my friends.” Goku glanced over at Ryouga once again. He was fairly sure this was the ki he had felt earlier. “Are you going to stay with Yamcha and Hakusai for a while?”
 
“Stay?” Ryouga looked flustered. He hadn't thought past what he was doing that day. But he did want to go to the Budokai, and it looked like these people were his best chance of actually getting there for once. “I don't know....”
 
Gohan grinned at his father. “They're staying with Bulma and Vegeta right now.” He automatically included the older Saiyan in that statement. He had quickly determined there was a connection between the two of them. He didn't entirely understand it, but he instinctively recognized it was there. “Ryouga's staying there, too.”
 
“I am?” The bandanna-clad boy looked at him in confusion.
 
Gohan grinned, then walked up to the older boy and took his hand. “Of course! I'm staying there too. Bulma has a big house. She's the richest woman in the world!”
 
“Yeah, I know,” Ryouga replied absently. He wondered why they would let him stay, though. They didn't know him, after all. He was a complete stranger to them, someone who had just wandered in from nowhere. “Are you sure?” he asked Gohan in concern. “They don't even know me. Why would they let a stranger stay with them?”
 
“You're Yamcha's brother,” Gohan replied seriously. “Yamcha never had a family before now. You're the first family he has. Of course they'll let you stay!”
 
Goku nodded in agreement. “Bulma's really nice. She won't mind.”
 
Serori grinned happily. “Yup, Ryouga, you are related to Bulma too, you know. You know, Yamcha is your brother, and Yamcha is married to my sister. So he is related to Vegeta cause he is married to Bulma. So you're like her...” Her eyebrows pulled together in thought. “Then you would be her brother-in-law!” she said excitedly. “That means I get another brother!” She hugged the bandana-clad boy startling him. “That's pretty cool!”
 
~~~*~~~
 
Hakusai grinned as Gohan tugged Serori and Ryouga out of the room. “Where does that kid get his energy from? If I could bottle it, we'd be rich.” She shook her head and smiled at Yamcha. The smile faded a little when she noticed how tense her warrior was looking.
 
“I know this is rather sudden,” she said quietly as she approached Yamcha. When she reached him, she slipped her arms around his waist and looked up at him. “Are you sure you are ok with this? You don't look good.”
 
Yamcha blinked down at her, and shook his head. “No, I'm fine. It's fine. I'll be fine.” He realized how stupidly redundant that sounded and flushed in embarrassment. “Hakusai....”
 
He reached down and touched her face, brushing the palm of his hand against her cheek gently. He sighed, realizing how strong his feelings towards this woman were. It confused him; he barely knew her, and yet it felt like he had known her forever. He winced internally, thinking how corny that sounded, and yet it was true.
“Hakusai,” he continued. “I want what is best for you. For us. And I think... I think if you have a baby, somehow it's for the best. I mean, it's not....” He hesitated again. He wasn't very good at putting his thoughts into words, either internally or expressing them to others. “Hakusai, I want to be with you. I love you. And this baby, it's part of that, isn't it? So it's right, somehow. I want it, too.” He pulled her to him tightly. “Don't worry about it, Hakusai. Everything will work out fine.”
 
Hakusai smiled as she hugged Yamcha snugly against her. She had been a little nervous in telling him that he was about to be a father. With everything that had been going on in Yamcha's life - his discovery about his Saiyan heritage, his brothers, his bonding with her, and his impending fatherhood - Hakusai had not been sure if Yamcha could handle much more emotional stress.
 
But she realized, when she looked back up into his face, that he meant everything he said. She could see it in his eyes, and she could feel it through their bond. “You know, you'll be a great father,” she said, suddenly grinning. “And the big question is, are you still going to love me when I get fat?” she teased. “And can't get off the couch.”
 
Yamcha smiled nervously. He wasn't sure if he believed her about him being a good father. He had never known his own father, so hadn't had any real role models. His mother had left him when he was very young, so he hadn't even had a mother for very long. About the closest thing he'd had to a `parent' had been Pu'ar, and she wasn't much older than he was.
 
“If you say so,” he equivocated, not wanting to press the point. “And I'll always love you. You know that.”
 
He wished vaguely Gohan hadn't dragged Ryouga off. He would have liked to get to know his brother a little bit more. It wasn't every day that he finally had a family! He looked back down at Hakusai, and realized that he did have a family now. More of a family, in fact, than he had ever expected to have.
 
Hakusai squeezed him one last time before releasing him. “How about we go and find your half brother? I want to make sure Serori doesn't talk him to death. Not to mention if there is a full moon tonight, it will be a little awkward to having to keep a sixty foot ape from tearing the countryside apart.”
 
Yamcha thought about it. “We can check a calendar for it.” Yamcha didn't understand Hakusai's look of surprise. The fact that a race that didn't transform during the full moon would actually keep track of something like that was something she hadn't expected. Since Vegeta-sei's moon wasn't full as often, Hakusai didn't realize the significance the moon could have on tides and the environment.
 
Yamcha went to the calendar on the wall, and flipped it to the correct month, noting that Bulma hadn't bothered to change the month in a while. He saw odd notations on some dates, but didn't understand what they meant. The important part - the date of the full moon - caught his eye and he smiled.
 
“No, it looks like the last full moon was right before you arrived, several days ago. The next one won't be for about two and a half weeks.” Realizing she might not know the length of a Chikyuu week, he turned toward her, doing some quick calculations in his head. “It looks like it's not for seventeen more days. We have time.” He smiled in relief. “Bulma will take care of it,” he said confidently, automatically shrugging the burden off onto her, as he and the other Zed senshi often did..
 
“Seventeen days?” she gasped out. “That's it? How often does your moon show up?”
 
Yamcha blinked. “Every month, of course. That's what our months are based on, the moon.” He gave her an odd look. “Why? How often did you expect it?”
 
“Every month?” Hakusai looked a bit ill. “I don't think Serori is going to handle the stress very well.” She glanced up at him. “On Kassan we didn't have a moon. On Vegeta-sei it was once every eight years.”
 
“No moon?” Yamcha pondered this. He could understand having no moon, but.... “Vegeta-sei's was full only once every eight years? So how did you....” He blinked. “You didn't have tides then, did you?”
 
“What are tides? “ Hakusai sighed. “The stress on me is going to be fun.”
 
“Stress? Oh, I don't think it's that bad. I've lived with it all my life.” He shot her a look. “We just don't want to look at the moon and we'll be fine.”
 
“No, silly.” She shook her head. “I am talking about physical stress. Saiyans becomes giant apes with the moon, remember? And that's the part I can control, the other....” She trailed off looking slightly embarrassed.
 
Yamcha blinked. He knew about the moon, but if they didn't look at it, it was no problem. And he was sure Bulma would think of some sort of solution. After all, there were now half a dozen Saiyans with tails running around, and he knew Vegeta would object to it being cut off. And if Bulma had discovered the other interesting ways it could be used, as he had with Hakusai, he didn't think she would want to cut it off him, anyway.
 
“Other...?” he prompted curiously.
 
“Well...” She scratched her head. “It's hard to explain, I'll get....” She giggled at him. “Maybe I'll let you find out in seventeen days.”
 
Yamcha looked at her in surprise. “Let me find out?” He wasn't entirely sure he liked the sound of that. “All right.” He shrugged. “I'd like to find where my brother went though.”
 
Hakusai's grin got wider. “Oh I don't think you will mind,” she said a wicked grin. “Then again, it may wear you out. As for your brother, I think he headed off with Gohan.”
 
Yamcha blushed, whether at her comment about him minding or about his brother, it was hard to say. “Well, um... yeah. I just think we ought to go after them. You know, make sure everything's all right. It's not every day you find out you're not human. I'm the only other one that's been through it, so he might need someone to talk to. You know.”
 
“I'd have to agree with you,” she said, heading for the door.
 
He smiled, following her eagerly. He suspected he might follow her eagerly if she had wanted to lead him into Hell; fortunately, he knew she had no such intentions. He could sense his brother's ki a distance away, past where Goku lived, along with Gohan's, and he suspected that the third ki he felt there was Serori's. As he and Hakusai flew over to join them, he felt a fourth ki join the three children, and knew Goku was now there as well.
 
To be continued.....
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBall Z: A Light in the Darkness... For some reason Saiyans want to have the honeymoon before the wedding....