Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ The Hunt ( Chapter 63 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - Part 63: The Hunt
by Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
PAIRING: Bulma/Vegeta
RATING: NC-17
WARNINGS: LEMON! This is a Saiyan wedding scene, folks. If you don't expect lemon, you shouldn't be reading this fic. ^_~
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. And yes, we're including Yamcha and Ryouga in that, now you know. Dragonball Z and the associated characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. Ranma 1/2 and the character of Ryouga Hibiki are owned by Viz, Rumiko Takahashi, and some Japanese studio I don't know the name of. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball or Ranma 1/2 themselves. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it. Oh, I guess we do own Hakusai and Serori. But no one else would want them. ^_~
SUMMARY: The wedding 'ceremony' begins. And if you don't expect to see some lemon in this chapter, well... just remember, it IS Bulma and Vegeta! ^_~ 
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Thank you to TwoMoons and klewis for their betas. Also a special thanks to (believe it or not folks) Omnipotent Amnesty for helping me out in a difficult situation. I know you inadvertently caused it in the first place, but you could have shrugged your shoulders and let me suffer, and you didn't do that. You have my gratitude for helping me out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
When Bulma awoke a few hours later, the first thing she saw was Vegeta leaning on one elbow, staring down at her with an odd expression on his face. She looked up at him in surprise, wondering what the intent look in his eyes meant. She wondered if he had stayed there the whole time she had slept, or if he had left at all. She smiled softly, unaware of the way her eyes lit up with affection, suddenly wanting to kiss him.
 
“Hi!” she said huskily, unable to think of anything else.
 
“Hi yourself,” he murmured before leaning over to place a soft kiss on her lips. “If you are rested we should leave.”
 
Vegeta hoped she couldn't hear the nervousness in his voice as spoke. This was going to be an important event in their relationship, and she wouldn't know what was going to happen. It wasn't that the Saiyan was hiding information from his mate, but he did not want her to be disappointed if what he wanted so badly didn't happen.
 
::We have a strong bond already - all this will do is make it stronger.::
 
Bulma nodded, curious about what was going on. He had indicated that they were going to do something important but he hadn't been very specific.
 
“Where are we going, Vegeta?” she asked as she slipped out of bed.
 
She yawned and stretched, testing her muscles to make sure they felt up to whatever strain they were going to go through. She had no idea what Vegeta planned, but she was glad to note that her fatigue from earlier seemed entirely gone.
 
“What are we supposed to be doing here?” she asked as she started to dress. “I mean, I know you told me we're supposed to hunt something, and it makes us married somehow,” ::even though I don't understand how:: “but is there anything we have to do to get ready for the hunt? Or anything we're supposed to specifically hunt?”
 
“The bigger the better,” he replied cryptically. He eyed her attire approvingly, noting that she had dressed more practically than usual, wearing a t-shirt and jeans and not her usual skimpy attire. He turned towards the door. “Let's go,” he commanded.
 
Bulma blinked. His comment made no sense at all. She looked down at herself and blushed. ::Is he referring to me?:: Somehow she didn't think so, but wasn't entirely certain. He had been looking at her when he had said it, but it didn't really fit in with what she had asked. She quickly grabbed her capsule case, along with a second one she used for emergencies.
 
“Where are we going?” she repeated her question as she followed him out the door. She hurried to keep up with his almost hurried strides, wondering what was so urgent.
 
Vegeta said nothing as he concentrated. He wanted a predator, something that could kill them if they weren't careful. ::What's the fun of it if it can't attack back?:: He smirked to himself as Bulma followed him through the woods. He could sense the fact she was a little irritated with the way he hadn't really answered her. When he came to a sudden stop she walked right into him.
 
“We are going to get this one.” He pointed to a very large animal print in the ground. She peered around him with wide eyes when she realized they were going after a rather large carnivore, one of the most dangerous creatures on the planet. He smirked at her expression. “You aren't scared, are you?”
 
Bulma turned her gaze to him and glared. The fact that he had just questioned her courage infuriated her. To answer his question she opened one of her capsule cases and pulled two capsules out. With a loud `BOOM!' sound the two capsules became a large trunk, and a gun that was almost as large as the trunk. Bulma opened the trunk and removed several odd-looking items which she proceeded to strap onto herself, proving to be a rather bulky kind of armour. She re-encapsulated the chest as she hefted the gun.
 
“I am NOT scared!” she practically shouted at him.
 
“Of course not.” He arched an eyebrow at the equipment, which he found unbelievable that Bulma could actually stand in. He was convinced one strong breeze would knock her over. “How do you plan to walk in all that? Are you sure you aren't forgetting anything?”
 
“Who says I have to walk?” she muttered, pressing a button on the armour. With a faint whine she lifted slightly off the ground. She glanced down, making sure she hadn't levitated too high, then she followed him, floating just a few inches off the ground. “Lead on, MacDuff,” she muttered under her breath.
 
“Who?” Vegeta asked, then before she could reply he interrupted with a terse, “Quiet.”
 
A faint sound had caught the warrior's attention, and before the pair could do anything more than look surprised, two tyrannosaurus' burst out of the foliage, destroying everything in their path. Vegeta reacted instantly, pulling Bulma out of the way and hitting the ground flat on his back, Bulma cradled protectively against his chest. A slow smirk spread its way across his face as he sat up.
 
“Two of them?” he whispered to himself as he helped Bulma up to her feet. “This couldn't have been better if I had planned it. Come.” Vegeta headed down the path that the dinosaurs had gone down moments before, gesturing for Bulma to follow him.
 
Bulma shook her head. She had no idea what he had in mind, but she knew this wasn't going to be easy. ::He wants us to kill two of them?::
 
Tyrannosaurs rarely traveled in packs, even in pairs, unless they were mating. And when they were mating they were even more fierce than usual. She knew that mating tyrannosaurs usually didn't stop to hunt so were hungrier than normal, and if attacked were aroused to a frightening ferocity. And Vegeta wanted to go against that?!? She sighed, wondering if he had completely lost his mind and senses. But then again, she wasn't entirely sure he had ever been sane, she realized as she floated after him.
 
Vegeta stopped as they came upon the pair and an almost feral gleam shone in his eyes. It was a look Bulma was sure she had never seen before and it startled her when he spoke.
 
“When I give the word, we will attack at the same time.” Vegeta looked down at the gun in hers hands and frowned. “That will be effective against them, ne?”
 
“Almost as effective as your ki blasts,” she muttered, staring at the tyrannosaurs almost in horror. “I originally designed it to kill you.” She really wasn't sure if it would be effective against them, but she couldn't imagine anything hurting these things anyway.
 
Vegeta's attention drifted briefly to Bulma, whose attention was focused in front of her. She didn't even seem to realize what she had said. “Somehow, woman, that doesn't surprise me in the least,” he grumbled, sounding a bit aggravated that she had wanted to kill him. It annoyed him that she had said it so casually. But he knew that once he had wanted to destroy that miserable mud-ball. Why should he be angry with her for wanting to kill him? He nodded, pretending not to care as he watched the pair of dinosaurs in front of them.
 
“That is the one we will strike first.” He pointed to the dinosaur on the right. “The female is larger. We will attack her first. And Bulma?” When he was sure he had her attention he held her hand tightly. “You'll do fine.” He leaned forward and rubbed his nose against hers affectionately. “Just fine. Now are you ready?” he asked releasing her.
 
She arched an eyebrow at his question, and nodded. “Of course.”
 
She pressed a button on the gun, causing it to begin charging up. It made a whining sound, which the large reptiles didn't even notice. Bulma had no idea what was involved in this sort of thing, but she figured that for now she would just follow Vegeta's lead.
 
Vegeta turned away and motioned for her to get ready. “Hit low,” he instructed, muscles tensing for the upcoming fight. “I'll take care of the rest.” A few moments later he shouted, “Now!”
 
Vegeta took to the air, aiming blasts at the animal's face, looking down only briefly to make sure that Bulma was holding her own. It didn't surprise him that she was down on the ground, blasting the creature's legs with the gun she had invented. It filled him with pride. He had chosen his mate well.
 
He smirked at the Tyrannosaur when it let out a loud roar and turned to attack him. ::Be careful of the male,:: he warned Bulma on the ground. ::He may help his mate.::
 
Bulma dodged swiftly as the male moved in, apparently intent on attacking Vegeta but brushing by her in the process. ::Oh no you don't!:: She wasn't about to let him hurt Vegeta, and she blasted him swiftly on the tail, causing him to turn and snap at nothingness, moving away from the Saiyan Prince.
 
“Move, Vegeta!” she shouted at him, seeing the dinosaur's tail almost knock him from the air.
 
He turned in time to see the tail coming at him and dodged out of the way. “You have to do much better than that to defeat me!” he taunted the creature, then turned to deliver the killing blow to the female tyrannosaurus.
 
“Big Bang Attack!” he shouted as he released his attack.
 
The blue-white ki beam hit the creature in the face and it roared in pain. The male, enraged that its mate had been killed, charged after Vegeta as the female fell.
 
The warrior had misjudged the speed of the incoming dinosaur and was slammed to the ground not too far from Bulma. “Kuso!” he swore as he pulled himself to his knees. “I should have seen that one coming,” he growled.
 
While Vegeta tried to draw himself up off the ground, he didn't notice the now completely enraged dinosaur come up behind him, intent on crushing him. Bulma panicked when he stepped directly on the fallen prince, apparently crushing him into the ground.
 
“No! VEGETA! Don't you dare be dead!” Bulma shouted, as she fired several blasts at the reptile's face, driving it back, away from Vegeta, freeing him from the beast's bulk.
 
“Are you all right?” Bulma shouted the question, too busy firing at the reptile to keep it away from both of them to be able to check on him herself.
 
Vegeta snorted. “Obviously,” he said, annoyed with his lack of concentration. But when he took a deep breath, a pain shot through his right side. Broken ribs. He growled low in his throat as he lifted himself from the ground, his entire body feeling bruised. He stood next to Bulma and powered up.
 
“Can you focus that thing for one large blast?” he asked, noting that Bulma seemed unscathed. He did not take his eyes off the beast in front of them. “We should kill this one together.”
 
“Whatever,” Bulma muttered. Vegeta placed entirely too much importance on killing things, she decided. She pressed a couple of buttons on the gun, allowing it to charge up to full power. It would take half a minute to do so, but the blast would be stronger than the smaller energy blasts she had been doing. Maybe not as strong as one of Vegeta's special attacks, but effective nonetheless. “Just say the word, anata.”
 
“Now!” he commanded as the beast prepared for the final charge. “Big Bang Attack!” he shouted as Bulma fired the weapon, both of them hitting the giant predator in the center of its chest.
 
With a loud roar, the creature dropped to the ground, shaking and trembling in pain for a few a minutes before twitching with its last breath.
 
Vegeta grunted in satisfaction. “A good kill,” he commented as he headed over to the dead tyrannosaurus. “You did well,” he added, as if it was an afterthought. She had done better than well, he realized with some pride. No Saiyan female could have done better.
 
Bulma stared at the two dead dinosaurs for a moment, and then looked over at him. “Uh huh.” Only a Saiyan or a barbarian would consider a kill `good'. Bulma wondered if she was ever going to be able to civilize him. ::Probably not,:: she thought ruefully. “Fine, whatever.”
 
She pressed a button on the gun in her hands and re-encapsulated it. It was then that she noticed Vegeta's injuries, and her eyes widened. “You're hurt!” she exclaimed, moving toward him. Intent on checking the extent of the injuries, she didn't pay any attention to the fact that he didn't seem inclined to let her fuss over him.
 
“Leave it be, woman,” he ordered, releasing himself from her grip. “Check it later. There is something we have to do first.” He paced over to the larger female dinosaur and to Bulma's complete surprise cut into the creature with a ki beam. He crouched down in front of it, removing a large piece of meat from the beast, and took a bite of the still steaming flesh.
 
He licked his lips, enjoying the taste of the blood, getting a rush from it and the hunt. Vegeta rose to his feet and strode towards Bulma, holding out the piece of meat he had just tasted.
 
“Eat.”
 
It was part command, part request, and to Vegeta it would seal their future.
 
Bulma stared at Vegeta, and then glanced at the meat in disgust. “You have got to be kidding!” she exclaimed. “I'm not eating that! It's raw; it's not even cooked! You can't expect me to....”
 
“Eat,” he repeated in the same tone of voice. He had known she would react this way, and no amount of arguing on his part would convince her one way or another. This was something she must choose to do on her own. He would not force her.
 
“Please,” he added, his voice barely audible. “For me.”
 
Bulma stared at him in shock. It sounded almost like he was... pleading with her. She didn't understand it. This must be more important than he was letting on. Gingerly she took the piece of bloody dripping meat from his fingers, unable to suppress the shudder of disgust that crossed her fingers. ::Kami. Do I have to?::
 
She lifted it slowly to her face, trying to keep her stomach from lurching in protest. She closed her eyes and nibbled hesitantly at the meat, and then her eyes widened in surprise. Instead of it making her feel ill with disgust, it actually tasted good. In some strange manner it seemed to satisfy some deep craving within her, and she found herself eagerly biting into more of the meat, reveling in the taste of the hot sweet liquid that flowed down her throat.
 
She was unaware of the way her heart was beginning to pound, the way she could feel the blood flowing through her veins. She continued to nibble on it, wondering why she suddenly didn't mind the taste. In fact, she was even beginning to crave it, it was doing something to her. There was something happening, something between herself and Vegeta, and she wasn't sure what it was. She moved towards him without realizing she was moving, and before she knew it they were face to face, almost touching noses. Bulma stared into his eyes as she licked the blood of the meat from her lips.
 
“Vegeta?” she questioned hesitantly.
 
Vegeta smiled at her. He had hoped this would happen. It was one of the reasons he had wanted to do it. This would make their bond stronger than it already was. Not only would this increase their awareness of one another, they would be able to sense each other's emotions and thoughts. And if he hadn't been right about her, this wouldn't have happened. His eyebrow arched as he looked back at her, but he said nothing.
 
Bulma felt something strange happening between them. It was more than simply an animal attraction, yet it was different from what she had felt for him before. It seemed stronger and more primal, and it made her freeze before him, unable to do anything other than stare at him in wonder.
 
“Vegeta....” she murmured in confusion.
 
“You feel it too,” he said as he repositioned her so she was sitting on his lap. His tail wrapped around her waist as he leaned forward to press his face against her neck. He took a deep breath in, learning her scent, imprinting himself with it. “It's nothing to be afraid of. It is just part of the bond.”
 
“The bond?” Bulma murmured, still completely confused.
 
This was beyond anything she had experienced. She closed her eyes, leaning into his caress as he nuzzled at her neck, and she noticed that all of her own senses were heightened with respect to him. His scent, his touch, all of it surrounded her, taking over her awareness of everything else. Her hands found their way over his back, feeling his muscles under his bodysuit, as her hands memorized his body. She could even smell him, more than she had ever been able to before. It was as though all of her senses were heightened to the level of a Saiyan, as she simply `experienced' Vegeta.
 
Vegeta tightened his grip around her waist and continued to nuzzle at her neck. “Saiyans don't marry. We bond.” He pressed his nose behind her ear and sighed, trying to figure out a way to explain something he had never thought he would experience. “What I feel, you feel.” He licked at her earlobe and smiled when she shivered in response. “What you feel, I will feel. Do you understand?” he asked.
 
She shook her head, barely aware of his words. She was feeling this odd thrumming, this pounding, like primitive drums in her head. It sang in her blood, in her heart, on her skin. She felt herself merging with Vegeta, becoming Vegeta, so that her thoughts were his, and his were hers.
 
::Vegeta?:: she thought questioningly, curiously, in confusion. ::Where... where am I?:: She knew they were her own thoughts because of their confusion; everything else was so muddled that she couldn't tell which thoughts were hers and which were his.
 
“Shh.” he whispered against her hair. ::It's nothing to be concerned about. Didn't I tell you the bigger the kill the stronger the bond?::
 
Her heart was pounding, the beat of it thrumming in her ears, filling her entire body. She could feel his heart beating against her skin, as they were pressed so closely together, and slowly, inexorably, their hearts beat together, in a deep, primal manner. She felt herself becoming Vegeta, immersed in his thoughts and his heart and his mind, and he was becoming her as well.
 
She gasped as he kissed her, his tongue searching her mouth, and to her surprise found that they were both no longer clothed. Somehow after he kissed her he must have removed their clothing, but she didn't remember it. She didn't know when that had happened; she didn't recall leaving his lap long enough for their clothes to be removed, nor did she have any memory of either of them removing their clothing or armour. But she wasn't capable of thought any longer as his skin seemed to burn into hers, and her skin seemed to melt into his.
 
She ran her hands over his shoulders as they kissed, and then he gently lifted her and sheathed himself in her. It was different from the other times; it didn't have the ferocious need of before, but more of a primal giving and taking. As he entered her they each entered the other, somehow becoming the same person. They didn't move with the violent passionate thrusts they had before, but simply with a slow beat, the beating of their hearts, which were now the same. When they climaxed, it was together, but not with the same passionate urgency of before, but with a deep, almost cosmic climax.
 
When Bulma was able to think again, several long minutes later, sitting in Vegeta's lap with him still inside of her, she realized it had been absolutely `perfect'.
 
To be continued.....
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBall Z: A Light in the Darkness... The rest of the Saiyan Mating Ritual. No, the hunt wasn't all there was to it....
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
NOTE (long, and I don't care if you read it or not):

I know there are going to be people that are going to complain about the lemon. More and more people seem to be doing so. Well, folks, our interpretation of Saiyans is that they tend to be more in touch with their primitive and instinctive side, and I hate to say it, but sex is part of that. The mating rituals that we're using here (both in this chapter and the next) have been pulled and modified from numerous 'wedding' rituals that exist on our own planet's past. For example, 'jumping the broom' is how pre-medieval Europeans often 'married', which consisted of a couple hopping over a broom and then sleeping together. Yes, that was the entire extent of that particular ceremony, yet it was considered binding and permanent. Numerous other cultures had similar traditions, and we combined many of them - modified greatly - to create this. In almost every culture sex was an integral part of the ritual, hence it is here as well. Only in our own puritan and repressed culture do we try to make sex out as being something evil and shameful, but my co-author and I don't believe that Saiyans would have views even vaguely similar to that.
 
As for the amount of sex in each chapter... well, consider that when a relationship is 'new', a couple often can't get enough of each other. Anyone who has been married may remember what the first month or two was like right after the wedding, and how the couple often can't keep their hands off each other. Both of the couples that are spotlighted in this fic have been together for only a few days; of course they're still going to have that feeling of newness, that need and desire for each other that is unquenchable. But the sex isn't really the focus of the fic and will actually taper off fairly shortly. (No it won't disappear entirely, but other things are going to be focused on soon.) It is, however, integral to the changes occurring in several of them, and hence we weren't about to simply 'gloss over' it.
 
Besides, we wrote the lemon because we felt like writing lemon, and when we started this 'fic' two and a half years ago, we'd never had any intention of posting it anywhere. We wrote the lemon because we wanted to write lemon, not because we wanted anyone to read it. :-) It still surprises both of us that people actually want to read this story. We didn't write it in order for it to be read by anyone other than ourselves. :-)