Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ Past Pain, Future Foreshadowing ( Chapter 71 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - Part 71: Past Pain, Future Foreshadowing
by Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
 
PAIRING: Bulma/Vegeta
RATING: NC-17
WARNINGS: Lemon
C&C: Please! ^_^
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. And yes, we're including Yamcha and Ryouga in that, now you know. Dragonball Z and the associated characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. Ranma 1/2 and the character of Ryouga Hibiki are owned by Viz, Rumiko Takahashi, and some Japanese studio I don't know the name of. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball or Ranma 1/2 themselves. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it. Oh, I guess we do own Hakusai and Serori. But I doubt anyone cares. ^_~
SUMMARY: Vegeta explains a little about his past, Bulma explains why she's been so insecure around him, and both of them get a little worried about the future for different reasons. A little bit of lemon to end the day....
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Thank you to TwoMoons, Lady Lark, Selenity Jade and W-chan, for the beta.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Vegeta headed up the stairs to their bedroom slowly. It wasn't like Bulma to be overemotional. He found himself wondering if mood swings were a normal part of pregnancy. Or at least human pregnancies. This was going to be the death of him, the warrior decided irritably.
 
Bulma was sitting at the boudoir brushing her hair when Vegeta came into the room. She hesitated when she saw his scowl. “Is something wrong, Vegeta?” She wondered if he was angry with her, or if something had happened downstairs.
 
“No,” he replied, shaking his head. “I was only thinking.” He put the plates down on the table next to the bed and gestured for her to join him. “Come here and eat.”
 
She took the seat across from him, and glanced at the plates of food. As usual, he had brought her too much, but that was all right. She was a little hungrier than usual, anyway, and she knew he would eat anything she couldn't.
 
“What were you thinking about, Vegeta?” she asked him curiously. He was always so reserved around her - around everyone, she supposed. She had managed to crack that reserve a little, but she was itching to crack it the rest of the way. What makes you tick, Vegeta? she thought to herself. What sort of childhood could have made you the man you are?
 
“Nothing important.” He looked up from his plate and into her eyes, noting her disappointment. “Just that I am never going to understand you.”
 
Bulma blinked. She had been thinking the same thing about him. “I'm not the one who is so difficult to understand,” she replied, pointing her fork in his direction. “I don't recall you ever opening up much.”
 
Vegeta snorted. “`Opening up' would have gotten me killed on Vegeta-sei.” He shrugged. “It was something I learned not to do.”
 
“We're not on Vegeta-sei,” she pointed out. “In fact, as I recall, Vegeta-sei no longer exists. So there's nothing that should interfere with you `opening up', now is there?”
 
To Bulma surprise, he gave a bitter laugh. “Some habits are hard to break, especially if you have been doing them for thirty years.”
 
Bulma looked at him curiously. “Well, we can start with that.” At his startled and uncertain expression, she smiled. “Your childhood. How old are you? What was Vegeta-sei like?”
 
Vegeta look down at his plate, hesitant about what to tell her. He honestly wasn't sure if he wanted her to know. Some things, he had discovered, were better off forgotten. “I'm thirty of your Chikyuu years,” he said quietly, watching her face for any reaction. “As for my childhood...” He trailed off, frowning. “It was difficult.”
 
Bulma smiled encouragingly at him. “Go on,” she said gently. “What was it like?”
 
Vegeta shook his head. “There isn't much to tell. “ When Bulma simply raised an eyebrow, he gave an exasperated sigh. “You are not going to let this go, are you?”
 
“Nope,” she admitted cheerfully, jabbing her fork into her food. She took a bite and swallowed. “Not until you tell me everything.”
 
“Why are you so curious?” he asked, placing his fork on his empty plate and glaring at her. “It wasn't pretty. I was three years old when I killed for the first time.” He watched as her eyes widened a fraction. “Why are you surprised? It wasn't easy growing up there. It was either kill or be killed. As the future ruler of Vegeta-sei, I was expected to be the strongest, a prime example of the perfect warrior.” He gave a short, bitter laugh. “My father would be extremely disappointed in me.”
 
Bulma was silent for a minute, pondering what he had said. “Why would he be disappointed?” she asked him in surprise. “You're stronger than anyone I know, probably than anyone in the galaxy! Well, except for Goku,” she said after a pause. “But he's a Super Saiyan, so that doesn't count, right?”
 
“Woman, I have done what no other in the royal family has done in a thousand years.” He smirked at her. “If Vegeta-sei still existed, I would have been put to death the minute my father realized I had such a weakness.” When Bulma frowned at him, he explained, “I bonded.”
 
Bulma continued to frown at him. “I'm sure others have bonded before, because you're the one who told me what had happened.” She paused. “Haven't they?” she asked hesitantly.
 
“Only the lower classes,” he contradicted. “Among the nobility it rarely happened, and it was never supposed to happen with royalty. The gene was thought to have been completely eradicated from our DNA. Apparently the genetic scientists didn't do as well as my ancestors had hoped.”
 
Bulma continued to chew her current bite of food, suddenly no longer tasting it. “So. I guess you're disappointed then, aren't you? That you bonded, I mean. And with me.” Her mouth went dry, making it difficult to swallow. “I mean, if you're going to have a weakness like that, it shouldn't have been with a human, should it? It should have been with another Saiyan, someone to carry on your race at least....”
 
“I do not consider it a weakness. Not anymore. If there is one thing I have learned after being around humans, it is that their emotions give them an edge I would not have thought possible.”
 
Bulma looked up at him in surprise. She never would have expected him to say something like that. She stared at him, her eyes wide, for several minutes. He was beginning to wonder if his words had disturbed her, when she finally smiled at him. “Vegeta, I know things started off badly a year ago, but... I'm really glad that you're on Chikyuu now.”
 
“There are worse places to be,” he agreed dryly, eyeing her half eaten plate with a frown. “Is that all you are going to eat?”
 
Bulma blinked at him. “You brought me enough to feed a Saiyan,” she pointed out. “I'm not a Saiyan. I can't eat nearly as much as you do.” She pushed the plate towards him. “One of these days you'll figure out how much I can eat. Why don't you have the rest?”
 
“Why would I want to figure that out, woman?” he asked between mouthfuls. “I will just keep eating your leftovers.”
 
Bulma shrugged. “That's fine with me, as long as you stop complaining that I'm not eating enough,” she replied. “If I eat more, I'll get fat, and I'm sure you'd leave me for someone else then.” She looked at him pointedly.
 
Vegeta gave her an annoyed look. “Will you stop thinking I am going to take off with the next available female? It is driving me crazy.”
 
Bulma continued to stare at him unwaveringly. “Won't you? What would you have done if we couldn't have had children? For that matter, how do you know I can even carry a Saiyan child to term? What if I can't? What if it would kill me to carry this child? Which would you want more? Me... or the child? Or would you figure that if I can't carry your children, I'm no longer strong enough to be your mate? Would you then wish you could find a Saiyan woman, someone who could bear your heirs?”
 
Vegeta frowned. He hadn't considered the possibility that Bulma might be harmed carrying his child. He fell silent, not realizing she would misinterpret his silence. The thought that he could have inadvertently put his mate's life at risk was unacceptable. He gazed at her, his eyes troubled.
 
“Is there a way to tell?” he asked, surprising Bulma with the seriousness of his tone. “A way to find out if the brat will harm you?”
 
“How should I know?” Bulma felt her heart sink slightly at his words. She didn't know what she had expected, or even what sort of response she had wanted. “It's never been done before. I'd be the first fully human female carrying a Saiyan child.”
 
Vegeta's eyes narrowed. “What about Kakarotto's brat? Can't you ask his mate what she went through?”
 
“Chi-Chi,” Bulma said her friend's name with emphasis, “isn't fully human. Her father is the Ox King - a demon - and there are gods amongst his ancestors. Admittedly, it's from a long time ago, but it's still there. I, on the other hand, am fully human. So there's no way we can compare to each other.”
 
Vegeta frowned again. The more he heard about it the worse he felt. Kuso, he hadn't been thinking.
 
“You,” he said. When she frowned at him in confusion, he continued, leaning closer to her. “You asked if I wanted the brat or you. I want you. Get rid of it. I would rather have no children than to lose you.”
 
Bulma stared at him in shock. “But Vegeta. You're the Prince! If you have no children, then... then there are no more rulers of Vegeta-sei! Vegeta, you can't do that!”
 
Vegeta's smirk was almost sad. “There is no more Vegeta-sei, as you so often like to remind me.” He watched the emotions that passed over her features and gave a bitter laugh. “Nani? I have accepted that fact. I will never rule as I should have, and since I have no subjects to rule what would be the point of an heir? So what I choose to do is my choice, is it not?” He arched a brow at her when she opened her mouth to speak, and then closed it again. He knew she was trying hard to find a reason for her to have the brat.
 
“Leave it be, woman,” he said more gruffly than he intended. “Get rid of the brat. I won't lose you.”
 
“And what about the other Saiyans?” Bulma asked softly but fiercely.
 
“What other Saiyans?” Vegeta's brows pulled down in a frown.
 
“The other Saiyans. Goku. Gohan. Yamcha. Hakusai. Serori. Ryouga. Even Yamcha's mother, and the other Saiyans that she went to gather to try to fight Frieza.”
 
Vegeta frowned even more fiercely at her. “They are dead, woman. If they went against Frieza, they are dead.”
 
“But what if they never made it?” Bulma demanded. “What if she had never had the chance to get them gathered together to fight Frieza before Goku killed him? Or what if she had gathered them and had been training them, and they were still training at the time? What if they're still alive? Vegeta, you have subjects. There are Saiyans still alive. And even if none of those other Saiyans are alive - even if they died fighting Frieza a long time ago - you still have your family here, and Goku's family. There are living Saiyans. You have subjects, even if they won't necessarily be full-blooded Saiyans. But does that matter? They're Saiyans, aren't they? Even if you don't want to rule them, what about what they want? You have a duty, Vegeta. Whether or not you want it, you have to accept it.”
 
She glared at him, and he glared back for several minutes before she finally relaxed again. “I'm not going to give up this child, Vegeta,” she said softly. “We'll see how things go. I'm the president and owner of Capsule Corporation. I am the richest, most powerful, most intelligent woman in the world. I can have all the best doctors and medical equipment at my disposal. If anyone can pull this off, then I can!”
 
“Fine, do what you want,” Vegeta growled at her. “But if it looks like the brat is going to harm you, then you get rid of it. Is this understood?”
 
Vegeta scowled. How could he make her understand? She was the most important thing in the world to him; he would rather face death than lose her. It was his fault for bonding with a human, he realized with chagrin.
 
The two of them continued to glare at each other for several minutes. “Yes,” Bulma agreed reluctantly, as she gave a sharp nod. She had absolutely no intention of obeying him, however. She stood, and went to the bathroom to clean up for bed. When she came out again, she was surprised to see that Vegeta had cleared out the dishes; apparently he had taken them downstairs for her, and he seemed to be waiting for her impatiently.
 
“It took you long enough,” he growled, leaning against the doorframe to the bathroom.
 
Bulma frowned at him. “It wouldn't hurt you to wash up before you go to bed as well,” she pointed out. “You've been training all day. You really need to take a shower.” She wrinkled her nose as she stepped closer to him. “In fact, I'm going to insist on it. I'm not going to sleep next to you when you stink like this!”
 
Vegeta smirked at her. “Is that so?” he asked, sounding mildly amused as she stepped closer to him. Before she could object, he bent slightly and scooped her up in his arms. “Then come and bathe me, woman.”
 
“Bathe you?” Bulma tried to sound indignant - although she was secretly pleased by his actions - as he carried her back into the bathroom. “I don't see why you can't figure out how to use soap and water! Oh that's right, you're a barbarian. You probably never used soap before you came here!”
 
Vegeta put her down without a word, turned on the water, and stripped so swiftly she never saw him move. He turned towards her and stared at her intently. “Well, woman?” he growled at her.
 
“Well, what?” she snapped back at him, but her eyes kept drifting down his belly, towards his manhood.
 
He smirked, knowing what she was thinking, and moved towards her. “Well, woman? Are you going to take your clothes off, or do you want to bathe with them on?”
 
She saw the fierce light in his eyes, and took a step back apprehensively. “You wouldn't.” As he continued to advance towards her, she shook her head. “Vegeta, you wouldn't! You... you would?” She hastily removed her clothing as she realized he wasn't going to relent, that he would throw her in fully clothed if she didn't.
 
He started to smirk, but then his expression darkened as the light in his eyes intensified. He moved towards her, lifting her off her feet, and set her back on them when he was standing in the tub. He stared into her eyes for several minutes as the water pelted around them, causing her breath to catch.
 
“Vegeta?”
 
He put a finger on her lips, then removed it and leaned forward to take them in a passionate kiss. She felt herself melting into him, her arms snaking around his neck as she pulled him against her. He reached his arms around her and cupped her buttocks, pressing his manhood flush against her. She gasped, her eyes closing as her head rolled back. He took advantage of this, and bent down to lick the top of her breast. He drew his tongue down, lifting her slightly as he lowered his mouth to her nipple. She allowed her full weight to rest in his hands as she wrapped her legs around his hips. He groaned against her flesh as her warmth cupped his arousal. With a slight shift of his hands, he easily lifted her, then moved her away from him and gently impaled her.
 
She whimpered softly as he drew her away from him with his hands, controlling their thrusts purely with the strength of his arms. He felt himself go deeply inside of her as her legs hugged his hips; he groaned again as her hot, liquid tightness seduced him almost as much as the woman herself did. He could sense her desire increasing as her soft cries filled his ears, arousing him even more. She gave a final cry, her warm walls pressing around his manhood, squeezing him and caressing him tightly, and he couldn't hold off his own release. He felt himself shatter, and once again joined her in that amazing crescendo of ecstasy and bliss he had never experienced with any other woman. As their mental voices merged into one another, and he experienced her pleasure, he felt his passions rise again. Once more the two of them met in a heaven he had never imagined was possible.
 
“Vegeta,” Bulma murmured softly, after they had collapsed in the bath for a few minutes, the water still spraying around them.
 
“Hmm...?” Vegeta wasn't really in the mood to move at the moment, simply enjoying the feel of Bulma in his arms.
 
“Vegeta,” she murmured in his ear. “You still stink.”
 
He gave a snort of laughter, then lifted her from his lap and stood up. “In that case, woman....” He picked up the soap and began lathering up, belying her accusations that he didn't know what it was for. He handed the soap to her as she stood up, then turned and waited for her to wash his back. She did so, enjoying the way his muscles felt under her hands, lingering over his tight, smooth buttocks. He growled, but allowed her to continue down his legs and then up again over his arms and chest, even though he had already cleaned those areas.
 
When she was finished with him, he turned around and washed her in turn, lingering over her breasts and buttocks. He smirked as she whimpered softly, and as his hands slid down her belly, he slipped a finger inside her womanhood. She moaned then, and her legs opened automatically, allowing him to go more deeply into her.
 
He leaned forward and kissed her on the mouth passionately. “Not yet, woman,” he whispered. “Not here this time.”
 
Despite her protests, he removed his hand from her, and allowed the water to rinse the suds off them. He lifted her out of the shower and used his ki to dry them quickly, then carried her over to the bed. He laid her down on the sheets and smirked down at her. Kami, she was beautiful, he thought in awe, before he lowered himself on top of her.
 
She rubbed herself against him and he couldn't quell a small smirk of satisfaction. He leaned down and nuzzled a breast, feeling the nipple harden under his tongue. Bulma trembled under him, her hands sliding over his back, stroking the muscles. He slid one hand down her belly, and teased the soft down at the junction of her thighs. She gasped, opening her legs, welcoming his touch, allowing him to slide a finger more deeply inside of her. Instinctively she thrust her hips up into his hand, and he smiled against her breast. Her wetness, her warmth, showed him she was ready for him.
 
He brought his head up and kissed her hungrily. She returned his kiss with passion as he allowed himself to slip into her warmth. She moaned into his mouth, and he felt the wetness between her legs increase. He began to stroke her, his hips meeting hers, and she felt herself melt into a puddle of desire. He continued to thrust into her, building up the tempo and slowing down, over and over again, until she was gasping and panting, almost begging him for release. He allowed the tempo to slow for a bit, then lifted her legs, wrapping them around his waist, and gave several sharp, intense thrusts. She cried out, her head thrashing as she climaxed, and as she squeezed around him he allowed himself his own release, joining her as he roared out his own pleasure at their bond, and at their joining.
 
They both lay afterwards, Vegeta pressed next to Bulma, stroking the side of her hip possessively. Bulma was too tired to even open her eyes, sated past all caring. She curled her fingers into his hair as his hand roamed its way over her side - up her breast and down past her hip. She somehow knew somehow he wasn't trying to arouse her; he was just enjoying the feeling of touching her. She yawned widely then and snuggled against him, as she, too, enjoyed the feel of his skin pressed against her own.
 
“G'night, Vegeta,” she murmured once, before she dropped off to sleep, happy, satisfied and completely content.
 
 
To be continued.....
~~~~~*~~~~~
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBall Z: A Light in the Darkness... They learn something a little... interesting about Ryouga. ^_~