Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ Another Unexpected Visitor ( Chapter 93 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - Part 93: Another Unexpected Visitor
by Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
 
PAIRING: None
RATING: PG-13
WARNINGS: none
C&C: Please! ^_^
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. And yes, we're including Yamcha, Ranma, and Ryouga in that, now you know. Dragonball Z and the associated characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. Ranma 1/2 and the characters of Ranma Saotome and Ryouga Hibiki are owned by Viz, Rumiko Takahashi, and some Japanese studio I don't know the name of. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball or Ranma 1/2 themselves. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it. Oh, I guess we do own Hakusai and Serori. But I doubt anyone cares. ^_~
SUMMARY: Another visitor arrives on Chikyuu
NOTES: The rest of this story is completely unbeta'd, as I can't seem to find a beta who will be as brutal or thorough as I like, and will get me chapters back in what I feel is a timely manner. I have, however, had training as an editor, and I've edited the remainder of this pretty thoroughly. I would simply like people to be aware that no one else has gone through it to catch any errors or inconsistencies, so it may be more flawed than I realize.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Bulma dragged Vegeta out of the car as soon as they landed, not even bothering to encapsulate it. She wasn't surprised to see that Goku and Trunks had arrived right before them, and the other three Saiyans were only seconds behind. She smiled briefly at all of them, but wasn't paying much attention as she dragged her lover reluctantly towards the lab. He wasn't really as reluctant as he was pretending to be; he was in pain, and he wanted to get healed quickly. The sooner he was better the sooner he could begin training again, and for Vegeta that was as important as breathing.
 
Vegeta let Bulma undress him and watched her as she put the electrodes on his body. “I am fine, woman,” he told her, reaching up to brush her hair tenderly out of her eyes. “It is not as bad as it looks.”
 
Bulma paused in putting the equipment on him, and looked at him blankly. “Are you sure? Are you telling me you enjoy being in pain? All right, we don't need to put you in the tank if you don't want to be.” She saw Trunks and the others enter the lab but pretended not to notice them. “In that case....”
 
She poked him in the ribs, deliberately hitting a spot that had a dark purple bruise on it, and heard him grunt as she quite accurately hit a cracked rib. “If you like feeling pain I can help you out there.”
 
“Woman...” he growled low in his throat. “Don't do that.” When she gave him an innocent look he sighed. “Fine. I'll go in the tank.”
 
“Are you sure?” She continued to give him a look of complete concern. “Because I mean, if you really like pain I can give you what you want.”
 
She poked another rib and almost winced when it felt like mush under her finger. That rib wasn't merely cracked, it had been crushed. He definitely needed the tank whether he was willing to admit it or not.
 
He caught the offending fingers in his hand. “When I get out of that tank, woman, you are most certainly going to pay for this.”
 
Bulma blinked at him innocently. “Why? You seemed to enjoy being in pain, so I just thought I'd help you. Did I do something wrong?”
 
“Don't give me that crap,” he snapped at her. “Let's get this over with. I am tired of you poking at me.”
 
Bulma flashed him an impish smile as he stepped into the tank, then pressed the button that closed it up and watched the liquid fill around him. She sighed and pressed a hand against the glass wistfully, smiling slightly when he pressed his hand against hers, as though touching her through the glass. Then the healing liquid began to do its work and Vegeta drifted off to sleep.
 
Bulma turned around, and arched an eyebrow at the other Saiyans who were watching with avid curiosity. “Well? Don't any of you have anything better to do than stand around and watch a man undress?”
 
Trunks blushed at her comment. “I think the others came with us,” he mumbled. “They wanted to know what that was all about.” He glanced shyly up at her. “Mother, why was father so insistent on fighting Frieza alone? It could have killed him.”
 
Bulma hesitated, and then shrugged. Trunks was their son and deserved to know the truth. “Because Frieza killed his father,” she explained. At Trunks' apparent understanding, she shook her head. “No, it wasn't revenge. It was something different. But I think he needs to tell you himself.”
 
Bulma shot Yamcha a look when it looked like he was about to interrupt and say something. He flushed and looked down, acquiescing with his silence, and ignored Hakusai's baffled and slightly irritated look. Goku just looked confused, but Bulma wasn't worried about him. She thought it was highly unlikely that he would make the connection and figure it out.
 
“Come on, you guys. I'm sure you're hungry after that battle. You are Saiyans, after all.”
 
They noticed Krillin and the others in the yard as they exited the lab, and Bulma sighed. She knew they were going to want to understand what had happened, but she didn't think it was her place to say anything. Not yet, at least. Well, she could put them off for a while, until Vegeta was out of the tank. She wasn't going to say anything until he was around and awake; she just didn't think it was right.
 
Tenshinhan watched the group emerge from Bulma's infirmary. He wasn't sure what it was about the situation he didn't like, but he had the distinct feeling something was wrong. Judging by the way Piccolo was glaring at the Saiyans in the group, he didn't like whatever was going on either.
 
“Hey,” Krillin spoke up, when it looked like no one was going to say anything. He shifted from foot to foot and said the first thing that popped into his head. “Is everything ok?” He winced inwardly at how it sounded even to him but he really wanted to know what was going on.
 
Bulma frowned at the small monk, her eyes narrowing in confusion. “Why would anything be wrong? Vegeta is going to be all right. Do you think we should be mourning for Frieza or something?”
 
Piccolo growled. “No, woman. Why is Vegeta here? Why do you trust him? Why do you... why are you sleeping with him?”
 
Bulma stared at the Namek in shock. “That is none of your business!” she snarled at him. “You have no right getting involved in my private life!”
 
“No?” Piccolo challenged. “That man and his friend killed almost all of your friends a year ago! He tried to kill the rest of your friends as well! He would have killed you, if he'd had the chance! And yet you... whore for him?”
 
The blood left Bulma's face and she said nothing for several seconds. Then her mouth curled in a grimace of anger. “You can leave now, Piccolo. We don't want you here. What Vegeta and I have is our business, not yours. Now GO!”
 
The two glared at each other for several long moments, the tension only heightening between them before Bulma continued.
 
“It's not like you can talk. When you met us your goal was to rule the world and to kill Goku. If things have changed for you, why can't you believe that things might have changed for him?”
 
With that, she spun on her foot and stormed towards the house, determined to ignore everyone around her.
 
“Ouch.” Hakusai winced. “That was a little harsh don't you think?” she asked, squeezing Yamcha's fingers. When Piccolo's head snapped in her direction, she arched a brow. “She is right you know, Namek. It isn't any of your business. And don't even think of challenging me. I don't have any qualms about killing you. Unlike my sister-in-law, I have enough strength to pull it off.”
 
“Now, now.” Krillin stepped in between the two. “Maybe we should just go for now.” The little man hoped to avoid a confrontation. He had no doubt that Piccolo and Hakusai would come to blows if someone didn't stop them.
 
“I am hungry.” Hakusai chuckled at the way Krillin visibly relaxed when it appeared she was going to back down. “Come on, Yamcha. Let's give Bulma some company.”
 
Yamcha and Hakusai headed into the house after Bulma, and the others almost reluctantly followed. Piccolo rather stubbornly remained outside, his arms crossed over his chest belligerently, refusing to acknowledge the presence of any of the others now. He wasn't going to leave and let Vegeta get away with whatever he was planning, but he also wasn't going to admit - even to himself - that he might be wrong about the Saiyan Prince's motivations. He watched dourly as the group went inside, and then turned his back on the house, pretending that the others didn't exist.
 
Bulma was almost surprised when the various Saiyans and humans came into the house, and simply sipped on her cup of tea and watched while they used the food synthesizer to make themselves something to eat. It was as they were just getting the food onto the table that all of the warriors suddenly froze, and then as one their heads turned and seemed to be looking out in the distance, through the wall. Bulma frowned. There was nothing in that direction except the wall, or wilderness far behind it....
 
“Guys? What is it?” she asked peevishly, somehow knowing it was a `ki' thing she wasn't privy too.
 
“There's someone out there,” Yamcha answered distractedly. He shared a look with Goku. Like the others, he had felt the arrival of a large number of incredibly high ki energies approaching the planet very fast. He could sense they had landed a short distance away, not far from where Vegeta had just defeated Frieza. He had the feeling the others were wondering the same thing he was; was it another enemy that had just arrived, and did they have another big fight on their hands?
 
Bulma frowned, unsettled by their odd behavior. “What's out there?” she snapped in annoyance.
 
Yamcha shook his head, at a loss to explain. “I dunno. Someone strong. You don't recognize them?” he asked Hakusai hopefully. He was hoping desperately that these might be friends of hers and not potential enemies, but wasn't surprised when Hakusai shook her head. He looked at the others in the room. His brothers had been squabbling over some food but when the others had gone silent, they had too. Now it seemed that they were straining to sense what the Z warriors were sensing, and they just might be succeeding although they weren't yet sure.
 
Yamcha looked at each of the others, his gaze meeting an old understanding with Krillin and Tenshinhan, his comrades of many years. “We gotta go.” They all turned towards the door, but were stopped by Bulma's voice.
 
“Wait!” she commanded, and when they turned towards her in surprise she scowled at them, her hands on her hips. “You don't think you were going to leave without me, do you?”
 
Yamcha looked at her in confusion. “Bulma... it could be dangerous.”
 
“I DON'T CARE!” Bulma shouted at him, causing the men to cower before her to the surprise of Trunks and Yamcha's brothers. “You are NOT leaving me alone! Do you understand?”
 
With a confused sigh Yamcha looked at Hakusai helplessly, and then picked Bulma up. “All right,” he said in resignation, and they headed off towards where they felt the energy signatures.
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
The tall warrior woman glared impatiently at the viewscreen. When they had learned their enemy's destination, her heart had almost frozen in fear, although she hadn't let it show on her face. Only her very closest council would have seen the flicker of emotion, but her troops only saw her as the ultimate leader, the one who had led them into victory time and again. When she had told them it was time for them to go after the one enemy they had been training for all these years, they followed her without hesitation. She had never led them wrong and they didn't expect her to do so this time either.
 
Her presence on the bridge, however, was distracting some of the navigators; somehow her tension was being sensed, even if the troops weren't consciously aware of it. She realized she needed to go elsewhere and either take her mind off it or just get out of their proximity and let them do their jobs.
 
“As you were,” she snapped crisply, then spun on her heel and strode through the door to her private office.
 
Once in her office she turned on the viewscreen and stared at the blue-green globe again. She knew they wouldn't arrive for another hour and she was getting impatient. She could feel the enemy in front of them, and she was suddenly afraid - for the first time in her life - that they weren't going to make it in time.
 
There was a beep at the door, the specific tones signaling that it was her second in command. She pressed a button on her desk and the doors slid open with a hiss. He stepped in, and when the sensors detected no one behind him, the doors slid closed automatically after he entered.
 
She nodded at his formal stance. “At ease, Commander.”
 
He relaxed slightly and then looked her directly in the eye. “General Kabu, we are approaching the planet.”
 
“I know, Commander,” she said, her eyes narrowing. “That much is obvious. Was there another reason you wanted to see me?” She knew he wouldn't have interrupted her in her private office without a reason.
 
For the first time since he had been in her command, she saw him hesitate for a fraction of a second. One of the reasons he had advanced through her ranks and had eventually become her most trusted officer was that he was decisive and had sound judgment. His hesitation here was a little bit of a surprise and triggered alarms throughout Kabu's psyche.
 
“General Kabu, I am concerned about the suddenness of your decision to come after our enemy.”
 
She arched a brow slightly, betraying her surprise by only that one act. “Do you believe the troops aren't ready for this, Commander? Is there any reason you think we shouldn't do this now? Perhaps you believe that the troops aren't loyal, or might give in to fear when the enemy is faced?”
 
The Commander shook his head. “No, General Kabu. The troops would follow you through hell. And they are ready, I believe. It is your decision that concerns me. I do not know that it was for military reasons.”
 
“Indeed.” Kabu didn't expand on her comment any further for several minutes. “Then perhaps it is you who has doubts about my motives?”
 
“No, General Kabu. I am merely concerned that... that your judgment may be affected by... personal matters.”
 
Kabu was silent again. She had never told him - she had never told anyone - about her sons on Chikyuu. Yet somehow he had sensed.... Her face remained impassive; she gave away nothing. After several more long minutes of silence, she turned away from him, giving him her back. It was a clear dismissal by Saiyan standards.
 
“You are dismissed, Commander. I will see you at 0920 when the ship lands.”
 
Just as expressionlessly, the Commander turned away and left the office. His face was as impervious as always, not hinting even slightly at the doubts that plagued him. He was concerned - for her, for the mission, for the troops - about this entire thing. They were going in almost blind, with little or no preparation. They had no background on this planet at all and might be destroyed easily in an ambush.
 
But he had the feeling the unfamiliarity he and their troops had regarding the planet was not shared by Kabu; that somehow she had been here before. He didn't know what tie she might have to this small, innocuous planet, but it was obvious to him there was something. He only hoped that whatever it was, it didn't get them all killed before they had a chance to destroy their enemy.
 
After her second-in-command had left her office, Kabu turned her gaze back to the harmless-seeming globe hanging so innocently on her viewscreen. For the first time in almost twenty years her mask of indifference slipped slightly, and if one looked closely one might even see the eyes of a mother worried for the safety of her children.
 
Yamcha, I won't let Lord Frieza destroy you and your world. If he's gone there himself to destroy your world, I will protect you if it's the last thing I do. I took away your ability to protect yourself, so it is my duty to protect you now.
 
She didn't notice the deep indentations her fingers were making on the metal table from the tight grip she had on it. She continued to stare at the tiny blue planet, as though somehow able to discern on it three small beings whose lives were more precious to her than all the power and wealth in the universe.
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
The Z warriors saw Piccolo still outside the Capsule Corp buildings when they stepped outside. His fists were clenched at his sides and he was glaring in the same direction they had felt the ki energies. They knew without asking that he had sensed it as well, and knowing the Namek he wasn't about to stay behind. Without acknowledging their presence he shot off in the direction of the energy signatures, leaving behind a trail of his own energy in his wake. Krillin and Yamcha exchanged glances and shrugged. It was typical behavior of Piccolo and not at all unexpected. They followed after him, only seconds behind, Bulma still clutched tightly in Yamcha's arms.
 
The group of warriors arrived in time to see the ship settle on the ground. Hakusai frowned as Yamcha put Bulma on her feet. “So many,” she whispered. “There are more than I think we can handle.” She glanced over at Yamcha, her expression betraying her worry. “Maybe if they attack one at a time we'll have a chance....” Kuso, who were they?
 
Yamcha shook his head even as he moved forward. Goku automatically came forward in the point position, and both Yamcha and Krillin immediately flanked him. Tenshinhan was surprised to find his position usurped by the other warrior, and realized that Yamcha had changed more than just physically. He moved beside his old friend, and the remaining warriors and Saiyans formed a loose semi-circle around the ship.
 
Bulma held back, knowing that in a fight she would only get in the way. She crouched behind a large outcropping, hidden from view of the ship but still able to see what was going on. She saw Serori start to move with the others, and she immediately darted out and grabbed the young girl, dragging her back to where she had been hidden. At the little girl's petulant expression, Bulma glared at her.
 
“You're not going out there!” she hissed at the tiny demi-Saiyan. “If they need you to fight they'll ask you. But if you go out there now, and the enemy is powerful, they may attack you and me to get their weakest enemies out of the way. And then how do you think that would affect your sister?”
 
Serori pouted, sticking her bottom lip out like any child would do when they didn't get their way. “Oh, all right Bulma-san, but if my sister needs help I can't stay here. Besides, someone has to look out for you.”
 
Bulma smiled swiftly. “Good girl,” she whispered. “You stay here and protect me. If they need your help you go, but otherwise stay here.”
 
Then they all heard a click and a loud bang and then a steady hissing sound as a hatch at the bottom of the ship began to ease its way down, forming a ramp for someone or something. The Z warriors tensed, ready for battle, and waited for whoever was on the ship to emerge. They didn't have long to wait; with a steady clanking several large Saiyans emerged, lining in perfect military formation. They looked neither left nor right but formed two straight lines, then separated and formed two rows of warriors facing each other at the bottom of the ramp. They appeared to be waiting for someone, and a few minutes later that someone became obvious.
 
The tall Saiyan woman who descended was familiar to many of the warriors below, mostly from holograms they had viewed in the last several days. She hadn't changed a great deal in the years she had been in space, which on reflection wasn't surprising considering the Saiyan lifespan. Her cold and imperious gaze swept over the group of them and seemed to flicker slightly when it passed Yamcha, although she didn't allow her expression to waver. She nodded slightly in Hakusai's direction.
 
“Your Highness,” she murmured, before turning to the Saiyan who was the obvious leader of the Z senshi.
 
Although the others had always considered Goku large, he was completely dwarfed by the tall Saiyan woman and the two soldiers flanking her. For the first time, Bulma realized just how unusual Vegeta's size was for a Saiyan, and she suddenly started to worry. There appeared to be a lot of Saiyans here, more than anyone had expected had survived the destruction of their home planet. If they were all so much larger than Vegeta, then... how could he ever hope to rule them? Would they accept someone so much smaller than the rest of them? With what she knew of Saiyan beliefs, she began to doubt.
 
Hakusai's stomach tightened when she recognized the woman in front of her. Though her expression betrayed nothing she was thinking, inside she was panicking. What the hell did Kabu want? Hakusai was too off-balance to notice that Kabu had addressed her by her title, but she inclined her head to acknowledge Kabu, then folded her arms across her chest and waited to see what the other warrioress would do.
 
I don't care if you are Yamcha's mother. If you want a fight I'll be happy to give you one.
 
Kabu inclined her head towards the warrior to her left. He pressed a button on his scouter and they saw strange symbols flow across its surface. The warrior shook his head slightly. Kabu looked over at Goku and frowned. <How strong?> she asked the warrior in Saiyago.
 
<He has a power level of only a thousand, General Kabu,> the warrior replied.
 
Kabu's frown deepened. <Then these people can't help us. Find the strongest ki on the planet and tell me where it is. That should be who we're looking for.>
 
<Yes, General Kabu.> The warrior allowed the numbers to flow over his scouter as he slowly turned his body a full 360 degrees around, allowing it to pull data from every direction. This took several minutes, and when he was done he simply allowed the data to flow on the screen until it settled into a single figure, beeping at him. He turned his head until he was facing Hakusai. <She is the strongest ki on this planet, General Kabu.>
 
Kabu waved a hand dismissively. <I don't want you to point the Princess out to me!> she snapped at him angrily. <I already know how powerful she is! She's not the enemy we're looking for, you fool! Try to find someone who isn't her!>
 
Goku exchanged a glance with Krillin when the Saiyans started speaking in a language they did not understand, but judging by Hakusai's expression he knew she could understand them.
 
“It is very rude to talk about people's power levels in front of them in a language they do not know.” Hakusai's eyes narrowed when Kabu's head snapped in her direction. “I am not the strongest here. These warriors have this interesting technique; they can dampen their power levels. Bardock's youngest son is the strongest of us. Goku is what he prefers to be called.”
 
“You know what they were saying?” Goku asked.
 
“Yes.” Hakusai shook her head. “They are looking for someone strong, can't imagine who unless...” The Saiyan woman started laughing. “You can't still be after Frieza?”
 
Kabu's eyes narrowed on Hakusai. “Your Highness, we use the ancient tongue because it is tradition. We do many things that are traditional. There is no one else left to keep the Saiyan culture alive except for us. We do our best. You should understand that as the heir to the throne. And it is because of those traditions that we seek Frieza. We couldn't save our planet, but we will at least avenge it.” She clenched her fist, flames igniting in the backs of her eyes. It was the first emotion other than annoyance they had seen on her face since she had arrived. “I will avenge it!”
 
Yamcha took a half-step forward. His mother hadn't acknowledged him, which had hurt him more than he had expected. He wanted to say something, to tell her who he was, but was afraid of a more direct rejection from her. He hesitated awkwardly and said nothing.
 
Gohan looked at each of the Saiyans in confusion. “You're looking for Frieza?” he piped up, sounding puzzled.
 
Kabu's eyes traveled to him, and her eyes narrowed. What was a child doing here, unless.... She signaled her warrior, and seconds later he replied. <Power level 10,000, General Kabu.>
 
Kabu's eyes widened. Even for a Saiyan child that was strong. She studied him for a moment and then turned her gaze back to Hakusai. <Is he your son, Princess? He is powerful, worthy of royalty.>
 
Hakusai snorted. “No, Gohan is not my son.” She was deliberately speaking in a language everyone could understand. “I would appreciate it if you would stop speaking in that mongrel dialect. It's aggravating.”
 
<Mongrel dialect?> Kabu's temper began to rise but she checked it with effort. <May I remind you, Your Highness, that this is OUR language. This is the language we were raised with. The language you are speaking is the `mongrel dialect' if anything.>
 
She turned towards Gohan, and her voice softened somewhat. “Yes, we are still looking for Frieza.” It took some effort to concentrate on speaking the universal tongue instead of pure Saiyago, and her men were startled by it, as well as by the fact that she was speaking to a child directly. “Why? Have you seen him?”
 
She was hoping they weren't hiding the loathsome lizard themselves. If they were, for any reason, she knew her men wouldn't hesitate to slaughter them. And the idea of killing either the Princess or her son Yamcha made her feel sick.
 
Gohan nodded his head, making her heart sink. “Yes, a little while ago. He came here to destroy Chikyuu and to kill my daddy.”
 
“Your father?” Kabu suddenly went on alert. “Why did he want to kill your father?”
 
“Because my daddy killed him back on Namek,” Gohan replied seriously. “But he didn't kill him all the way and Frieza's daddy made him better. So they came here to kill my daddy in revenge, but Vegeta killed him instead. And Trunks killed Frieza's daddy.”
 
Kabu froze. For a moment she was unable to think, even to breathe. Vegeta was alive? She had thought that he was dead, that she would never see him again. It wasn't like she still had romantic feelings for him anymore, but he was her liege, and despite everything he had her eternal loyalty as an elite Saiyan warrior.
 
“Vegeta is... alive? But the message, it said that Vegeta-sei had been destroyed. Surely he was on the planet with it?”
 
The Saiyan warriors around them seemed to be somewhat perturbed by Kabu's sudden apparent breakdown. Their always unruffled, forever impassive and unemotional leader was for the first time showing signs that she might have... feelings about something. The Z warriors could see them starting to shift nervously, losing that stiff military bearing that had not once wavered since they had arrived.
 
Hakusai snorted. “Of course he is.” She folded her arms across her chest. “Granted he is floating around in that tank of his mate's getting healed from his injuries, but other than that he is fine.”
 
Goku nodded. “Vegeta should be out in a few hours or so.” He was studying the tall Saiyan woman curiously. “You'll have to wait if you want to see him.”
 
Tenshinhan and Krillin exchanged looks. “But since all you wanted was to fight Frieza then you can leave,” Tenshinhan said quietly, almost belligerently.
 
Hakusai smirked. “Oh I doubt that.” She eyed Yamcha to see how he was dealing with everything and noted how tense he seemed. “You really should greet your son, Kabu.” Though she was speaking to Kabu she smiled at Yamcha. “I am sure he has a few questions he may want to ask you.”
 
 
To be continued.....
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBall Z: A Light in the Darkness... Reunions
 
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
Reviewer Responses:
 
Dutchfangirl: Ah, well, I'm glad you did that. I haven't looked at my old reviews on my website in a long time. There aren't any new reviews other than yours, though, so I don't know that anyone is looking there anymore. I haven't updated my site in years, and I don't know that anyone goes there or that anyone is really even reading this much. (shrugs) It used to be more important to me than it is now. It's hard to explain; although we wrote this story for ourselves and not for others back when we wrote it (we were halfway through before I had ever even STARTED posting it anywhere), it still used to bother me on occasion if I didn't get a lot of readers or reviewers. Now... not so much. I've gone on to other things, and although it's important to me that this be the best it can be (which is why I'm re-editing every chapter multiple times before posting it), I'm not as emotionally invested in it. It still pleases me to get reviews, but it doesn't hurt me when I don't. Now, about your actual comment on the story... yes, I've always felt that Vegeta had the right to kill Frieza, far more than Goku ever had. Goku is the “hero” of DBZ, but when it came to Frieza, he wasn't the one who had suffered under his rule. Vegeta had been his slave, and there are hints that Frieza sexually molested him, among other things. If anyone truly had the right to kill Frieza, it was Vegeta. The fact that Trunks was Vegeta's son and that he was the one who really killed Frieza in the anime/manga at least made it somewhat justified, but it still wasn't quite... right.